PDA

View Full Version : Eligible Crimean Men to Be Drafted into Russian Army Next Spring

klamath
03-20-2014, 01:49 PM
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/eligible-crimean-men-to-be-drafted-into-russian-army-next-spring/496455.html

R
ussian paratroopers stand at attention during an exercise in Kazakhstan.

Young Crimean man will be drafted into the Russian army starting this spring and could end up stationed in Chechnya and Dagestan, Crimea's leader said following the peninsula's vote to join Russia.

When Crimea's accession to Russia is complete, the region will be subject to that country's laws, including its mandatory service in the Russian army, Crimea's Prime Minister Sergei Aksyonov said Tuesday, Ukraine's TVi reported.

Ukraine scrapped universal conscription last October, but Russia still has universal military draft for men over the age of 18, and Aksyonov said the deployment of young Crimeans will not be limited to their native peninsula.

"The conscripts will serve throughout the country, including in Dagestan, Chechnya and generally in the North Caucasus," he said. Gotta have flesh to petrol his conquests.

Origanalist
03-20-2014, 01:53 PM
Maybe these countries should quit aligning themselves with regional powers and strive for independence.

klamath
03-20-2014, 02:10 PM
Maybe these countries should quit aligning themselves with regional powers and strive for independence.to bad Crimean voters weren't given that option.

03-20-2014, 03:40 PM
Not my concern. They voted to be Russian.

green73
03-20-2014, 03:45 PM

No, no, it's all Putin's doing!

Anti Federalist
03-20-2014, 03:55 PM

Commie.

Putin Lover.

Pro Red Anti American.

Ender
03-20-2014, 03:59 PM
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/eligible-crimean-men-to-be-drafted-into-russian-army-next-spring/496455.html

R Gotta have flesh to petrol his conquests.

How much of "93% of the Crimeans just voted to become part of Russia" do you not understand?

Philhelm
03-20-2014, 04:04 PM
How much of "93% of the Crimeans just voted to become part of Russia" do you not understand?

What about the remaining seven percent? Democracy is like ninety-three wolves and seven sheep voting on what's for dinner.

klamath
03-20-2014, 04:05 PM
How much of "93% of the Crimeans just voted to become part of Russia" do you not understand?How much do you don't believe the fucking numbers do you NOT get. Ask the old lady that was arguing against joining Russia, about getting shoved to the ground while Russian troops looked on, whether she thought her life might be endangered if she voted the wrong way?

Ender
03-20-2014, 04:09 PM
How much do you don't believe the fucking numbers do you NOT get. Ask the old lady that was arguing against joining Russia, about getting shoved to the ground while Russian troops looked on, whether she thought her life might be endangered if she voted the wrong way?

How about the fact that the West is behind the coup of the Ukrainian government and that all promises made to Russia about the Ukraine territory from the West has been broken.

Ender
03-20-2014, 04:11 PM
What about the remaining seven percent? Democracy is like ninety-three wolves and seven sheep voting on what's for dinner.

Agreed- but we are over there spreading democracy while outting democratically elected government when they don't serve our needs. And it's all about oil- Iran all over again.

RJB
03-20-2014, 04:12 PM
How much do you don't believe the fucking numbers do you NOT get. Ask the old lady that was arguing against joining Russia, about getting shoved to the ground while Russian troops looked on, whether she thought her life might be endangered if she voted the wrong way?

I know this seems like Putin fans vs you or the Ukrainians, but to me it's anti-war against pro-war. The only reason the media shows us these images of Russian atrocities is to gin us up.

Most of us have been called Khadafy, Sadam Hussein, etc. supporters when in reality we just want our government to keep our troops and dollars out of foreign entanglements that we will only screw up more.

Keith and stuff
03-20-2014, 04:14 PM
Isn't this common stuff in that part of the world? Many European countries still require males to either be in indentured servitude or go to jail for much of their life. I'm not saying it is right. Just like in parts of the world, you have to vote by law. But yeah, I'd think Russia would treat these folks terrible. It is Russia, after all...

klamath
03-20-2014, 04:16 PM
How about the fact that the West is behind the coup of the Ukrainian government and that all promises made to Russia about the Ukraine territory from the West has been broken.
Ok I have heard this a million times, quite possibly true, but now prove it.

Mini-Me
03-20-2014, 04:17 PM
It all goes back to what Ron Paul said from the beginning: When the US and Russia fight a proxy war over Ukraine (and Crimea), the Ukrainians (and Crimeans) are the ones who suffer most. At least the moral responsibility for this draft falls upon Russia though...whereas the moral responsibility for the mess in the west falls on the US (which is what's so upsetting to me as an American, along with the risk of further entanglement).

klamath
03-20-2014, 04:18 PM
I know this seems like Putin fans vs you or the Ukrainians, but to me it's anti-war against pro-war. The only reason the media shows us these images of Russian atrocities is to gin us up.

Most of us have been called Khadafy, Sadam Hussein, etc. supporters when in reality we just want our government to keep our troops and dollars out of foreign entanglements that we will only screw up more. Moscow times. Check it out. I knew one of you would try and come up with that.

ZENemy
03-20-2014, 04:20 PM
Some good points in here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwNs46bOFbU

RJB
03-20-2014, 04:25 PM
Moscow times. Check it out. I knew one of you would try and come up with that.
So what? We occasionally get an honest reporting of USA police brutality by NBC.

Maybe we should pray for Canada to invade us to protect us. We've had 50 million abortions. Maybe we should pray from a prolife country to invade us to defend the unborn.

klamath
03-20-2014, 04:26 PM
Some good points in here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwNs46bOFbU got a summery with sources. I don't have the bandwidth to watch videos.

klamath
03-20-2014, 04:31 PM
So what? We occasionally get an honest reporting of USA police brutality by NBC.

Maybe we should pray for Canada to invade us to protect us. We've had 50 million abortions. Maybe we should pray from a prolife country to invade us to defend the unborn.

The only reason the media shows us these images of Russian atrocities is to gin us up
This statement by you is what made me point out it was Russian media.

Philhelm
03-20-2014, 04:44 PM
I told you guys in a previous thread that if Russia took the Ukraine that they would generate bonus troops per turn. Looks like I was more correct than even I had imagined.