PDA

View Full Version : Genuine Fascism looks like this

idiom
03-19-2014, 04:08 PM
This is classical fascism of 1930's Italy or Germany. Its happening today.

http://www.euronews.com/2014/03/19/ukranian-tv-boss-assaulted-and-forced-to-resign-by-far-right-svoboda-mps/

This is a video of members of parliament recording themselves on their own camera assaulting a director of a tv station and forcing him to sign his resignation.

They have no fear of prosecution. They want you to see them use real force to get their way.

Also this is who the USA are siding with.

acptulsa
03-19-2014, 04:13 PM
Putin approves.

Makes him look human enough to get Crimea and Sevastopol out of the deal.

He may be an asshole, but you know, the lesser of two evils and all that...

Cutlerzzz
03-19-2014, 04:15 PM
Didn't you get the memo? The only thing to learn from WWII is that we need the US to be more aggressive, because every country the US government doesnt like is going to be the next Nazi Germany if we appease them by leaving them alone.

acptulsa
03-19-2014, 04:18 PM
I thought the real lesson of the world wars was that the way to keep American 'democracy' safe was to steal everyone else's oil...

aGameOfThrones
03-19-2014, 04:27 PM
Ironically, one of the men involved in the assault was the deputy head of Ukraine’s committee on freedom of speech.

pcosmar
03-19-2014, 04:39 PM
Ironically, one of the men involved in the assault was the deputy head of Ukraine’s committee on freedom of speech.

Irony is thick.

Ukraine’s prime minister has condemned the incident calling it “unacceptable for a democratic society.”

Says the guy that overthrew the Democratically Elected Government

http://edstalkingstock.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/demotivational-irony-government1.jpg

DamianTV
03-19-2014, 04:41 PM

Was he appointed as a Commissioner, or Decommissioner?

Cabal
03-19-2014, 05:06 PM
http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2014/03/is-ron-paul-apologist-for-dictators.html

Henry Rogue
03-19-2014, 05:06 PM
I think that's a typo, should read "committee on freedom from speech".

heavenlyboy34
03-19-2014, 05:28 PM
There's another irony that's been missed here-the word "svoboda" (свобода) means "liberty".

AngryCanadian
03-20-2014, 08:18 AM
There's another irony that's been missed here-the word "svoboda" (свобода) means "liberty".

I am quite sure thats rather false the fact is svoboda has national Holidays for there Nazi collaborators that are seen as heroes in there party they even have marches for them.

acptulsa
03-20-2014, 09:44 AM
I am quite sure thats rather false the fact is svoboda has national Holidays for there Nazi collaborators that are seen as heroes in there party they even have marches for them.

So I say Putin's bad, but nazis are worse and you negrep me and call me a nazi. hb accurately translates the word 'freedom' and you all but call him a liar, as if words have never been used in an Orwellian 'war is peace' manner. The real irony is that this could be interpreted as you doubting that the Russian language even has a word for freedom.

Many in the late thirties, including the Finns, felt that choosing between Stalin and Hitler was a hard choice. And with good reason.

If you're trying to win Putin friends, yer doin' it wrong. If you're carrying water for Russia, you're wiser to leave the period 65-70 years ago alone. The last thing you need to do is yank Stalin from his home in Hell and stand him up for all to see. No matter how much better Putin is.

GunnyFreedom
03-20-2014, 09:54 AM
This is classical fascism of 1930's Italy or Germany. Its happening today.

http://www.euronews.com/2014/03/19/ukranian-tv-boss-assaulted-and-forced-to-resign-by-far-right-svoboda-mps/

This is a video of members of parliament recording themselves on their own camera assaulting a director of a tv station and forcing him to sign his resignation.

They have no fear of prosecution. They want you to see them use real force to get their way.

Also this is who the USA are siding with.

Yes, it is. And it bloody freaking awful. :weep:

GunnyFreedom
03-20-2014, 09:57 AM
Revelation 13:2 New American Standard Bible (http://biblehub.com/nasb/revelation/13.htm)
And the beast which I saw was like a leopard, and his feet were like those of a bear, and his mouth like the mouth of a lion. And the dragon gave him his power and his throne and great authority.

GunnyFreedom
03-20-2014, 09:57 AM

I promise you that свобода means liberty in Russian.

heavenlyboy34
03-20-2014, 11:17 AM
I am quite sure thats rather false the fact is svoboda has national Holidays for there Nazi collaborators that are seen as heroes in there party they even have marches for them.I assure you it's true. It's in any dictionary of Russian you care to open. That some people use it in an Orwellian way does not change the real meaning of the word. Likewise, правда (pravda) means "truth", but it has historically been used in propaganda magazines and such.

pcosmar
03-20-2014, 11:27 AM
Yes, it is. And it bloody freaking awful. :weep:

This was my concern in the other threads.. Not so much "defending" Putin. as pointing out the real threat here.
Though I do think, in the face of this shit, Putin is on the right side of the issue.

The people of Ukraine are the losers in this,, between the corrupt thugs that have ruled their politics for years,, and these very dangerous "saviors" they don't have any real good choices.