PDA

View Full Version : Donation Matching Games - A Great Way to Get New Supporters Involved!

damijin
06-26-2007, 12:19 PM
So, I thought I'd make a thread explaining the concept of a donation matching game because we've seen HUGE success with it on the facebook group. Yesterday a matching rally late into the night ended up raising well over $1500. Here's how it works-

You're a supporter who intends to donate a certain amount of money, lets say... $500. You decide rather than to just donate their money, that you will use that money to help influence new supporters and other supporters to also chip in.

The first step is to go to an online or offline group of supporters for Dr. Paul, and make the announcement:

"I pledge to donate $50 for each person here who also pledges $50 or more, until I have reached $500 worth of donations"

You can put variations on this, such as a popular thread on the facebook group right now which pledges to match any donations from NEW donors at 300%! So far 3 new donors have put in money, and all have been matched for 300% of what they put in, it really helps get people motivated. Regardless of how you do it though, EVERYONE is more likely to donate when they know that their donation is being doubled or tripled by other supporters.

One of the key ingredients to the success of matching is having a visual display of the funds being raised. Students4Paul.com does a great job, and the Facebook group tends to use that one. But your local meetup, or even this forum could have it's own page for monitoring their funds being raised. So, next time you want to donate, do it publicly and get some new people involved! Offer them incentives! If you plan to donate the maximum 2,300 then you can afford to triple or quadruple the funds of a new donor who has given nothing, and believe me they'll jump all over that! Who knows, maybe after you get them donating once they'll do it again and again and start their own matching game! It's infectious :D