PDA

View Full Version : Christie proposes taxing e-cigarettes at same rate as regular cigarettes

green73
03-19-2014, 09:23 AM
JERSEY CITY, New Jersey -- Cash-strapped New Jersey is leading the charge against e-cigarettes, with Governor Chris Christie and state legislators proposing high taxes that could propel sales into the black market and diminish the state's tax intake.

Fox News reports that the booming, currently still unregulated e-cigarette industry is enticing a number of states to propose new taxes to cover for the sales. While the health effects of e-cigarettes are still not fully known, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention claim that e-cigarettes have “far fewer of the toxins found in smoke compared to traditional cigarettes," and many individuals suggest that they have been able to stop smoking cigarettes by switching to this nicotine-providing alternative. One study found that e-cigarettes are as effective as nicotine patches in helping smokers quit.

cont.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/03/18/Christie-s-E-Cigarette-Tax-Could-Lead-To-Even-Bigger-Drop-In-Revenue-For-New-Jersey

VoluntaryAmerican
03-19-2014, 09:26 AM
Lol tax it the same and people will go back to regular smokes.

specsaregood
03-19-2014, 09:29 AM
Lol tax it the same and people will go back to regular smokes.

Aint that the point? Taxing cigs was never about health concerns but stealing more money. They are clearly hurting now.

Philhelm
03-19-2014, 09:30 AM
I've been using a 0mg (i.e. no nicotine) e-cigarette in conjunction with a nicotine patch. I'll smoke maybe half a pack per week as opposed to two packs per day.

I should just start snorting cocaine, like our Presidents do.

aGameOfThrones
03-19-2014, 09:32 AM
I've been using a 0mg (i.e. no nicotine) e-cigarette in conjunction with a nicotine patch. I'll smoke maybe half a pack per week as opposed to two packs per day.

See? It all worked out in the end. Happy travels.

VIDEODROME
03-19-2014, 09:40 AM

Well... I'll vote for you if you run for President.

Philhelm
03-19-2014, 09:52 AM
Well... I'll vote for you if you run for President.

And with a single post, a presidential campaign begins.

"Don't be a Knob Noster. Vote for Philip Foster!"