PDA

View Full Version : Jeb Bush "considering" running for President

Matt Collins
03-18-2014, 02:51 PM
Rand Paul 2016, or else this:

http://www.timesnews.net/article/9074586/jeb-bush-in-the-white-house-hes-considering-it (http://www.timesnews.net/article/9074586/jeb-bush-in-the-white-house-hes-considering-it)

cajuncocoa
03-18-2014, 02:55 PM
Rand Paul 2016, or else this:
http://www.timesnews.net/article/9074586/jeb-bush-in-the-white-house-hes-considering-it (http://www.timesnews.net/article/9074586/jeb-bush-in-the-white-house-hes-considering-it)
Oh, Matt....if the establishment wants Jeb, they will have Jeb. Your threats won't change that.

Natural Citizen
03-18-2014, 02:56 PM
I called a Jeb Bush run and win two years ago. I'm sticking to it. I don't like it. But I'm sticking to it. And he'll receive endorsments from the so called libertarian leaning conservatives along the way.

compromise
03-18-2014, 02:57 PM
Meh, if Jeb is the GOP nominee he probably won't win anyway. Rand would be much stronger against Hillary once the general election campaign kicks off.

philipped
03-18-2014, 02:58 PM
Meh, if Jeb is the GOP nominee he probably won't win anyway. Rand would be much stronger against Hillary once the general election campaign kicks off.
It's because of this which is why the GOP has no issue with choosing Bush just to make sure 8 more years of Obama-like policy continues...

Keith and stuff
03-18-2014, 02:59 PM
Seems like a bad idea. His brother is 1 of the most hated men in New Hampshire. The last name alone would make sure he would lose the NH primary.

donnay
03-18-2014, 03:01 PM
Yeah like this is a big frippin' surprise. And he will probably have Mitt Romney as a Veep.

cajuncocoa
03-18-2014, 03:03 PM
If Jeb is the nominee it won't matter if he wins. He and Hillary would do the exact same thing (as did Obama and Bush Jr before them) Stop playing the left/right game and try to understand that the real game is between the establishment (Ds & Rs) and the people (no matter which party they belong to, or none).

Matt Collins
03-18-2014, 03:17 PM
Oh, Matt....if the establishment wants Jeb, they will have Jeb. Your threats won't change that.
Untrue... if like-minded people work hard and do what needs to be done, we can combat against an establishment iron grip.

Matt Collins
03-18-2014, 03:18 PM
Seems like a bad idea. His brother is 1 of the most hated men in New Hampshire. The last name alone would make sure he would lose the NH primary.But millions of dollars in marketing dollars can change people's minds.

Keith and stuff
03-18-2014, 03:21 PM
But millions of dollars in marketing dollars can change people's minds.

Good point. He might be able to win with 25% of the vote in a very crowded primary if he spent millions. Of course, it would be such a hollow victory, I doubt he would try for it.

donnay
03-18-2014, 03:22 PM
Untrue... if like-minded people work hard and do what needs to be done, we can combat against an establishment iron grip.

Like herding cats. Like-minded people need to individually resist the tyranny not wait on a savior.

ctiger2
03-18-2014, 03:24 PM
Bush/Clinton '16 & '20 !

Then George P Bush/Chelsea Clinton '24 & '28 !

Brian4Liberty
03-18-2014, 03:38 PM
Jeb Bush scandals:

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/1992/09/bush-family-value

RonPaulFanInGA
03-18-2014, 03:51 PM

"Oh, Matt...if the establishment wants Trey Grayson, they will have Trey. Your threats won't change that."

Matt Collins
03-18-2014, 04:02 PM
Like herding cats. Like-minded people need to individually resist the tyranny not wait on a savior.
No one is talking about waiting on a "savior". We are talking about gaining political power, a necessary step towards winning back our liberty.

Carlybee
03-18-2014, 04:11 PM
The big establishment money is already there just waiting for the "more palatable GOP candidate". Those who do not pay attention to history are guaranteed to see it repeat. Wash, rinse, repeat.

compromise
03-18-2014, 04:17 PM

As President, Rand Paul would veto more bills than all the other Presidents combined. He would appoint a Cabinet that believed in the principles of the Constitution. He would inspire an entire generation of conservatives. He would represent the United States on the world stage.

A Rand Paul presidency would change America forever.

jtstellar
03-18-2014, 04:28 PM
people like to take their narrations to the extreme and usually end up talking to themselves

phill4paul
03-18-2014, 04:35 PM
6-8 pieces of steaming shit will be flung against a wall. One will end up sticking to it.

compromise
03-18-2014, 04:40 PM
Not sure why some people on here seem to think negative attitudes will get this movement anywhere.

Sure, you may think Rand will lose to Jeb, but your constant, vocal criticism of Rand just makes it more likely Rand will lose.

jtstellar
03-18-2014, 05:09 PM
reminds me of battered women syndrome, or what i read about it

donnay
03-18-2014, 05:21 PM
As President, Rand Paul would veto more bills than all the other Presidents combined. He would appoint a Cabinet that believed in the principles of the Constitution. He would inspire an entire generation of conservatives. He would represent the United States on the world stage.

That would only happen if the President had any REAL power. It's a nice dream I know, but it is immediately crushed if you are paying attention and know your history. Because the guys who have the power now, are not going to give it up without a fight. That is the simple reality of it and so many people will sit in denial over these facts until it is too late.

donnay
03-18-2014, 05:21 PM
reminds me of battered women syndrome, or what i read about it

More like Stockholm Syndrome.

donnay
03-18-2014, 05:25 PM
No one is talking about waiting on a "savior". We are talking about gaining political power, a necessary step towards winning back our liberty.

The only way to gain our liberty back is through individuals standing up to the tyranny. No one man/woman will save it. We are too far gone, as a country, to ever think a President will change this all around.

jtstellar
03-19-2014, 03:33 AM
More like Stockholm Syndrome.

i am alluding to some people here acting like battered people, distrusting anybody they see and constantly look for the first sign of betrayal to confirm their pre existing bias, or even so much just the air of it all they can already take as their 'evidence'. it's much more profound than stockholm syndrome in a way.

anaconda
03-19-2014, 03:40 AM
Seems like a bad idea. His brother is 1 of the most hated men in New Hampshire. The last name alone would make sure he would lose the NH primary.

Tough act to follow..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be6tunbRcs8

anaconda
03-19-2014, 04:02 AM
That would only happen if the President had any REAL power. It's a nice dream I know, but it is immediately crushed if you are paying attention and know your history. Because the guys who have the power now, are not going to give it up without a fight. That is the simple reality of it and so many people will sit in denial over these facts until it is too late.

It may be doable. But even if Rand is elected, I suspect the media will be completely hostile to him for four years and drive his ratings very low. And the very powerful people will be working behind his back to sabotage his agenda. Yet, the time may have arrived for the right candidate to expose just enough about these power brokers to check their influence. Even Ron Paul steered pretty clear of this. It gets immediately spun as loony conspiracy theory by the elitist owned media. Donnay's comment is sadly reinforced by a reading of this book (I got a nice used copy on Amazon):

http://www.amazon.com/The-Shadows-Power-Relations-American/dp/0882791346

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41eYNo3Hq0L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

donnay
03-19-2014, 07:38 AM
i am alluding to some people here acting like battered people, distrusting anybody they see and constantly look for the first sign of betrayal to confirm their pre existing bias, or even so much just the air of it all. it's much more profound than stockholm syndrome in a way.

I think Stockholm Syndrome is better to describe a lot of people who think one candidate or even a few candidates are going to swing this corruption around quickly.

The corruption we are witnessing didn't happen over night. In most instances this corruption has been going on long before some of us were even born. We have been born into captivity, so to speak. Those in power aren't about to walk away from years of planning for this total take-over. They have poisoned us in many ways; our minds, our bodies and our spirits. The only way to defeat this is to know these things and make a conscious effort to break from it. The more the people do that, the more we will have the numbers, and the numbers are the very thing these people in power fear. The more people know their rights, know the history and know the agenda the less wiggle-room we give to these people with an agenda to take-over our country.

Because this take-over has been incremental, it has been easier to slowly take away liberties. Again, liberties that some people really never had, it is the mere appearance of liberty that keeps them hanging. As long as our captors keep us fat, dumb and happy, people will make excuses and accept this tyranny and that, my friend, is the definition of Stockholm Syndrome.

Stockholm syndrome, or capture-bonding, is a psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and sympathy and have positive feelings toward their captors, sometimes to the point of defending and identifying with them. These feelings are generally considered irrational in light of the danger or risk endured by the victims, who essentially mistake a lack of abuse from their captors for an act of kindness.[1][2] The FBI's Hostage Barricade Database System shows that roughly 8% of victims show evidence of Stockholm syndrome.[3]

Stockholm syndrome can be seen as a form of traumatic bonding, which does not necessarily require a hostage scenario, but which describes "strong emotional ties that develop between two persons where one person intermittently harasses, beats, threatens, abuses, or intimidates the other."[4] One commonly used hypothesis to explain the effect of Stockholm syndrome is based on Freudian theory. It suggests that the bonding is the individual's response to trauma in becoming a victim. Identifying with the aggressor is one way that the ego defends itself. When a victim believes the same values as the aggressor, they cease to be a threat.[5]

Battered-person syndrome is an example of activating the capture-bonding psychological mechanism, as are military basic training and fraternity bonding by hazing.[dubious – discuss].[6][7][8]

Stockholm syndrome is sometimes erroneously referred to as Helsinki syndrome.[9][10] Helsinki syndrome is more of a case of group think and inattentional blindness to the negative in order to achieve some perceived benefit, a reference to the non-binding Helsinki Accords that attempted to settle post WWII Cold War tensions.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

Even the children's cartoon, 'A Bug's Life' point out that power is in numbers--that's how we take it back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLbWnJGlyMU

cajuncocoa
03-19-2014, 07:44 AM
No, you can't. The establishment has a history of fixing elections. If they want either Jeb or Hillary that badly, one of them will be the next POTUS and there is nothing we can do. I'm not saying we shouldn't try. Just saying, be realistic in expectations.

SneakyFrenchSpy
03-19-2014, 07:58 AM
Let's not forget the ultimate backup plan:

If for some amazing reason Rand ever became President, shadow banking will bring down the debt-based system of the world on his watch and blame it on libertarian policies, trying to poison the well of Liberty for generations while the sheep eat it up. I really hope we don't get blind-sided by that.

dinosaur
03-19-2014, 08:00 AM
No, you can't. The establishment has a history of fixing elections. If they want either Jeb or Hillary that badly, one of them will be the next POTUS and there is nothing we can do. I'm not saying we shouldn't try. Just saying, be realistic in expectations.

This argument always reminds me of the unelectable argument. Matt is right, there are enough people if we all fought. So what if they maneuver an election? The movement has gained more momentum, and they have made themselves more transparent.

donnay
03-19-2014, 08:23 AM
This argument always reminds me of the unelectable argument. Matt is right, there are enough people if we all fought. So what if they maneuver an election? The movement has gained more momentum, and they have made themselves more transparent.

We would have to fight to change the way the ballots are counted. Too many states have electronic ballots, easier to rig an election. There is no transparency in the ballot process. We need to move away from electronic ballots, and bring back paper ballots with hand counts that are guarded by the people, not government.

cajuncocoa
03-19-2014, 08:26 AM
This argument always reminds me of the unelectable argument. Matt is right, there are enough people if we all fought. So what if they maneuver an election? The movement has gained more momentum, and they have made themselves more transparent.donnay already pointed out the reason why the "fixed election" argument is valid. I just wanted to say: no one is saying we should just roll over and give up. Just be prepared for the outcome if the establishment wants things to go in another direction.

Carlybee
03-19-2014, 08:29 AM
He has to get nominated at the same convention where the party he belongs to cut off the microphones of his dad's delegates. The GOP is the potential stumbling block so to say that people here will sabotage him by being negative is a misnomer. It's about the powers that be within his own party and their string pullers.

mosquitobite
03-19-2014, 08:36 AM

^ THAT!

donnay
03-19-2014, 08:36 AM
donnay already pointed out the reason why the "fixed election" argument is valid. I just wanted to say: no one is saying we should just roll over and give up. Just be prepared for the outcome if the establishment wants things to go in another direction.

They can also fix it to throw us a bone too. To make the appearance as though our candidate won based on a fair election.

dinosaur
03-19-2014, 08:44 AM
donnay already pointed out the reason why the "fixed election" argument is valid. I just wanted to say: no one is saying we should just roll over and give up. Just be prepared for the outcome if the establishment wants things to go in another direction.

Everyone here is aware of the problem. I just disagree with the defeatism.

donnay
03-19-2014, 11:33 AM

No, I do not agree. Everyone is not aware of this. How is it defeatism when you know they are fixing elections? Defeatism, to me, is the attitude; "You can't fight City Hall."

cajuncocoa
03-19-2014, 11:52 AM
How is saying that we shouldn't give up defined as "defeatism"?

acptulsa
03-19-2014, 01:08 PM
Let's not forget the ultimate backup plan:

If for some amazing reason Rand ever became President, shadow banking will bring down the debt-based system of the world on his watch and blame it on libertarian policies, trying to poison the well of Liberty for generations while the sheep eat it up. I really hope we don't get blind-sided by that.

'Junk' silver is a wonderful thing to have tucked away. Here, folks, let's use this stuff instead.

How is saying that we shouldn't give up defined as "defeatism"?

I think it was the 'if the establishment wants him they will have him' comment that drew that label.

Good to follow a statement like that up with something along the lines of, 'But if we give 'em a good enough fight, we'll destroy the illusion that this is still a republic.'

And that might be a risk the establishment is unwilling to take. Hell hath no fury like Boobus Americanus scorned.

Oh, and 'consideration' has nothing at all to do with the Bush family. If they had any consideration for us, they'd move to Saudi Arabia and leave us be.

Tywysog Cymru
03-19-2014, 02:43 PM
It seems like winning the primary is a lot harder for Paul than winning the election.

acptulsa
03-19-2014, 03:23 PM
It seems like winning the primary is a lot harder for Paul than winning the election.

Beyond a shadow of a doubt. If he gets the nomination, the thing is all but done. If Republicans really want to win, we've got the guy to nominate.

Tywysog Cymru
03-19-2014, 03:48 PM
Beyond a shadow of a doubt. If he gets the nomination, the thing is all but done. If Republicans really want to win, we've got the guy to nominate.

Yeah, I've seen online comments from Democrats who say they might vote for Paul because of foreign policy, Clinton's hawkishness is her biggest weakness.

Matt Collins
03-19-2014, 11:56 PM
We would have to fight to change the way the ballots are counted. Too many states have electronic ballots, easier to rig an election. There is no transparency in the ballot process. We need to move away from electronic ballots, and bring back paper ballots with hand counts that are guarded by the people, not government.
This is untrue... exit polling and polling just prior to an election matches up with election results. There may be isolated small-scale voter fraud, but by and large, it's not rampant or widespread because it's too easily detectable.

Matt Collins
03-19-2014, 11:57 PM
No, you can't. The establishment has a history of fixing elections. If they want either Jeb or Hillary that badly, one of them will be the next POTUS and there is nothing we can do. I'm not saying we shouldn't try. Just saying, be realistic in expectations.Not if we are smart about it and have bigger turn out.

COpatriot
03-20-2014, 12:09 AM
This is untrue... exit polling and polling just prior to an election matches up with election results. There may be isolated small-scale voter fraud, but by and large, it's not rampant or widespread because it's too easily detectable.

This. With the way things are today there's no way anyone could get away with what the Kennedys used to back in the 60s.

donnay
03-20-2014, 06:40 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1thcO_olHas

Even the dead people vote in America.

As Josef Stalin said: "It's not who votes that counts. It's who counts the votes."

anaconda
03-20-2014, 08:02 AM
No, I do not agree. Everyone is not aware of this. How is it defeatism when you know they are fixing elections? Defeatism, to me, is the attitude; "You can't fight City Hall."

Is your analogy that some are not "fighting city hall" because they are unaware that "city hall" is rigging elections?

anaconda
03-20-2014, 08:08 AM

I'm afraid that may because the primary comes first. Much better if the globalists can quietly eliminate Rand before they have to go into expensive and panic mode for the general. As much as we worry about Rand and libertarianism taking the fall for an economic implosion, imagine if Rand loses the general election and the implosion occurs on Hillary's watch?

anaconda
03-20-2014, 08:09 AM

How will it work for Rand when it didn't work for Barry Goldwater? The globalists made short work of him in the general election.

cajuncocoa
03-20-2014, 08:21 AM

Not if we are smart about it and have bigger turn out.Matt, you seem incredibly naive about this to me. I really hope I'm wrong, but we can't rule out anything the establishment has at its disposal. Even manipulating and/or tampering with polling data

donnay
03-20-2014, 08:33 AM
Is your analogy that some are not "fighting city hall" because they are unaware that "city hall" is rigging elections?

No not at all. I know people who know this to be true, and then throw their hands up and say, "there is nothing we can do about this they are too powerful."

My point in bringing this up is to make people aware that this does, in fact, happen on a regular basis---especially when TPTB want to further their agenda. To simply deny this is a defeatist attitude, IMHO. The way we stop this is by exposing it, as much as possible, so the people will get mad enough to stand up and say, "ENOUGH!"

Knowledge is power, but the numbers of knowledgeable people are that much more powerful.

jkr
03-20-2014, 08:51 AM
im considering running down the street naked chewing on tinfoil and shaving my head with a cheese grater...it will be just as popular...

Matt Collins
03-20-2014, 09:59 AM
Matt, you seem incredibly naive about this to me. I really hope I'm wrong, but we can't rule out anything the establishment has at its disposal. Even manipulating and/or tampering with polling dataCampaigns run their own polls. Lots of people run their own polls. And close to the election, they are pretty much all in agreement.

Have you ever been involved in a professional campaign?

jbauer
03-20-2014, 10:06 AM

Yup, I can't see a Jeb run as being any type of threat. I say bring it. If you don't bleed red then he is unelectable in every form and fashion imaginable.

acptulsa
03-20-2014, 10:49 AM
How will it work for Rand when it didn't work for Barry Goldwater? The globalists made short work of him in the general election.

You really think, given the work we've done and the promises Obama hasn't kept, that they could really do this to Rand Paul?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=63h_v6uf0Ao

Goldwater walked into that one. Rand isn't walking into anything of the sort

anaconda
03-20-2014, 10:50 AM
If you don't bleed red then he is unelectable in every form and fashion imaginable.

But he is a moderate. So, presumably, Jeb would tend to appeal more to those that do not bleed red.

Christian Liberty
03-20-2014, 11:05 AM
The only way to gain our liberty back is through individuals standing up to the tyranny. No one man/woman will save it. We are too far gone, as a country, to ever think a President will change this all around.

I disagree with this. the only solution is for CHURCHES to start standing up to tyranny. The gospel must be preached, and those who already believe must be taught what the Bible actually says about the State.

donnay
03-20-2014, 11:15 AM
I disagree with this. the only solution is for CHURCHES to start standing up to tyranny. The gospel must be preached, and those who already believe must be taught what the Bible actually says about the State.

Most of the churches have been taken over--tax exempt churches, 501 C 3 strings. Clergy Response Teams. If the clergy were like it was back in the 1700's, than I would agree with your statement. The Black Robbed Regiment were instrumental in the American Revolution.

Christian Liberty
03-20-2014, 11:22 AM
Most of the churches have been taken over--tax exempt churches, 501 C 3 strings.

What does this entail exactly? I know 501 C3 is the tax exempt thing, but I'm not sure what implications it has (ie. does it prevent talking about ISSUES or only specific candidates?)

Clergy Response Teams.

What's a clergy response team? I honestly am unaware of this.

If the clergy were like it was back in the 1700's, than I would agree with your statement. The Black Robbed Regiment were instrumental in the American Revolution.

OK, than I think you agree with me, the question being, how do we fix the problem? And, how do you know if a church is tax exempt or not?

donnay
03-20-2014, 11:42 AM
What does this entail exactly? I know 501 C3 is the tax exempt thing, but I'm not sure what implications it has (ie. does it prevent talking about ISSUES or only specific candidates?)

The ban on political campaign activity by charities and churches was created by Congress more than a half century ago. The Internal Revenue Service administers the tax laws written by Congress and has enforcement authority over tax-exempt organizations. Here is some background information on the political campaign activity ban and the latest IRS enforcement statistics regarding its administration of this congressional ban.

In 1954, Congress approved an amendment by Sen. Lyndon Johnson to prohibit 501(c)(3) organizations, which includes charities and churches, from engaging in any political campaign activity. To the extent Congress has revisited the ban over the years, it has in fact strengthened the ban. The most recent change came in 1987 when Congress amended the language to clarify that the prohibition also applies to statements opposing candidates.

Currently, the law prohibits political campaign activity by charities and churches by defining a 501(c)(3) organization as one "which does not participate in, or intervene in (including the publishing or distributing of statements), any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for public office."
http://www.irs.gov/uac/Charities,-Churches-and-Politics

What's a clergy response team? I honestly am unaware of this.

These are clergy on the government payroll. They are recruited to quell dissent during times of emergencies and Martial Law is declared.

References:
http://www.ksla.com/story/6937987/homeland-security-enlists-clergy-to-quell-public-unrest-if-martial-law-ever-declared
http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/august2007/160807_quell_dissent.htm
http://www.wnd.com/2007/08/43107/
http://www.newswithviews.com/Gregory/williams100.htm

OK, than I think you agree with me, the question being, how do we fix the problem? And, how do you know if a church is tax exempt or not?

I simply ask the church, "Are you a 501 c3 tax exempt church?" We had a new church come into our town and I went to them and asked them if they were 501 c3 and they got pretty indignant because I asked. I knew right then and there that is a church that I was going to steer clear from.

I posted this before but it bears repeating:

What Happens When The Church Is Not Free

Written by The Patriot Pastor Garrett Lear
http://www.thewelloflivingwater.com/blog/

In the great words of Pastor Garrett Lear:
"Someone has stolen my country and I want her back!"

cajuncocoa
03-20-2014, 12:11 PM
Campaigns run their own polls. Lots of people run their own polls. And close to the election, they are pretty much all in agreement.

Have you ever been involved in a professional campaign?
Not to the extent that you have, but yes.

philipped
03-21-2014, 08:08 PM
NO LOVE FOR ANYBODY WITH THE LAST NAME BUSH.