PDA

View Full Version : Can Ron Paul win?

Thatguyuknow
06-26-2007, 12:07 PM
I was banned from the Myspace republicans group for speaking good of Ron Paul. Basically, when I entered his name I received the usual internet slander... followed by droves of people posting how the Iraq war is saving us from terrorists..

I have a question: There seems to be a misconception pertaining towards Paul's 9/11 and foriegn policy.. Giuliani said that RP thinks America "invited" the attacks... and that seems to be what a majority of people in the group thought.

Tell me if I'm right about RP.. he believes America contributed to the "CAUSE" of 9/11 by messing with foriegn affairs... not actively "inviting" it as if to want the attack to occur.
Am I right in that regard?

Original_Intent
06-26-2007, 12:20 PM
You are right.

Ask the Giulini's if Giulini was so right, how come that debate moment is being posted everywhere by Paul supporter's but nowhere bu Giuliani supporters or on Giuliani's Youtube site?

Ron Paul never said he invited the attacks and has addressed that several times.

His entire stance is that our actions over there contributed to the hatred which led to the attacks. He backed this up with documentation form the 9/11 commision report, books by the CIA head of the Osama Bin Laden unit, and many other sources.

So far, Rudy has not responded with his own experts. There aren't any. He got his moment of applause in the debates, he knows that he lost on substance he just hit that audiences applause button.

I sometime think high school kids put more thought into who they elect for student body president than we put into who we elect for POTUS. :(

austinphish
06-26-2007, 12:30 PM
Misleading title to this thread, but your question lies at the heart of a lot of the debate on Ron Paul.

Here is an important distinction that Ron Paul makes: Americans, nor American troops, are to blame for 911. Not one bit. It is the US Federal Government's Foreign Policy that is to blame (mostly).

sunny
06-26-2007, 12:34 PM
I was banned from the Myspace republicans group for speaking good of Ron Paul. Basically, when I entered his name I received the usual internet slander... followed by droves of people posting how the Iraq war is saving us from terrorists..

I have a question: There seems to be a misconception pertaining towards Paul's 9/11 and foriegn policy.. Giuliani said that RP thinks America "invited" the attacks... and that seems to be what a majority of people in the group thought.

Tell me if I'm right about RP.. he believes America contributed to the "CAUSE" of 9/11 by messing with foriegn affairs... not actively "inviting" it as if to want the attack to occur.
Am I right in that regard?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i think it would be a good idea for you to watch the videos on youtube (liveleak) of the debate and hear it directly from dr. paul!

MozoVote
06-26-2007, 12:40 PM
The idea that candidates must be telegenic is a modern notion. In previous centuries it was the message and ideas that carried campaigns. The internet is giving some balance *back* to the way it used to work.

Thatguyuknow
06-26-2007, 12:49 PM
Haha, ya sorry about that misleading thread title.

To be honest I never even heard of Ron Paul...It from a myspace bulletin that I saw about a month ago that I discovered him, I typed in his name in google, saw his website and read about his ideas and I became infatuated... I'm a republican anti-big government, anti-Iraq war... and I just turned of age to vote... I would have voted for Giuliani but now I'm rooting for the underdog: Ron Paul.

I hope he wins, we need a constitutionalist. We need someone whom the founding fathers would have admired. How are delegates elected?

FYI the 53,000 people myspace republican group: stay away from them.