PDA

View Full Version : Kansas Bill Seeks to Legalize Police Retaliation

phill4paul
03-18-2014, 06:44 AM
When was the last time a cop was charged with perjury when caught in a lie?....

The Kansas House Standing Committee on Corrections and Juvenile Justice has introduced a bill that will require private citizens who file complaints against police officers to sign an affidavit, acknowledging that if their allegations are proven false, they can be charged with perjury, which is a felony charge.

Furthermore, this bill prohibits a Kansas law enforcement agency from opening an investigation into a complaint if another law enforcement agency has already investigated the complaint and found in favor of the officer.

In other words, this bill would allow police departments to arrest the people who file complaints against police officers. In Wichita, Kansas, complaints are almost always dismissed, by the Wichita Police Department, so, according to this bill and its vague wording, the WPD, could now go arrest the people who file complaints against their officers.

People in Wichita are already afraid to file complaints against the WPD, because the department has a well-known reputation for retaliating against those who do, and this bill would render such retaliation legal. Furthermore, the bill clearly prevents an outside agency, such as the Kansas Bureau of Investigations, from opening an investigation into an allegation that the WPD has already ruled upon.

According to the Racial Profiling Advisory Board, the WPD denied 100 out of 100 claims of racial profiling, ruling that each was a “false report”. If this bill had been law when those reports were made, everyone of those 100 people could have potentially faced a felony charge, and no other law enforcement agency would be permitted to investigate the allegations.

http://kansasexposed.org/2014/03/17/kansas-bill-seeks-legalize-police-retaliation/

FindLiberty
03-18-2014, 07:11 AM
Geez, so it works like putting lipstick on it... disgusting.

Red Green
03-18-2014, 08:07 AM
So let me get this straight....

You file a complaint against a pig. The pig's very own department decides on whether the pig's actions were wrong. When (not if) they find that the pig did nothing wrong, no other investigation is allowed and this of course provides a prima facia case for perjury against the complainant. Now the complainant will have to lawyer up and mount a defense against the pigs and the attorney pigs.

I guess there's two ways to reduce complaints against pigs: one is to video record them whenever they interact with the public and this would be the other way....

Acala
03-18-2014, 08:30 AM
What kind of psychotic introduces a bill like this?

phill4paul
03-18-2014, 08:36 AM

Who actually authored this bill remains unclear, as the bill was introduced by the House Committee on Corrections and Juvenile Justice.

http://kslegislature.org/li/b2013_14/committees/ctte_h_corr_juv_jus_1/

Chair
Rep. John Rubin
Vice Chair
Rep. Ramon Gonzalez
Ranking Minority Member
Rep. Janice Pauls
Members
House
Rep. Steven Anthimides
Rep. Steven Becker
Rep. Rob Bruchman
Rep. Larry Campbell
Rep. Blaine Finch
Rep. Gail Finney
Rep. Brett Hildabrand
Rep. Russell Jennings
Rep. Melanie Meier
Rep. Tom Moxley

Cleaner44
03-18-2014, 08:37 AM

A full blown statist.

CCTelander
03-18-2014, 08:41 AM
Just opening another "front" in the war on us.

Origanalist
03-18-2014, 09:27 AM
This will spread rapidly if not nipped in the bud. This is dangerous.

moostraks
03-18-2014, 09:42 AM

So true! And that is their hope....

Keith and stuff
03-18-2014, 10:14 AM
When was the last time a cop was charged with perjury when caught in a lie?....
It is their job to lie. If they aren't lying, they are a failure as a police officer!

aGameOfThrones
03-18-2014, 10:15 AM
Making Police abuse officially legal

FindLiberty
03-18-2014, 04:44 PM
Germany ~1941-42?

mrsat_98
03-18-2014, 05:36 PM

Cop Suckers

donnay
03-18-2014, 05:44 PM
Just like everything in a Tyrannical state, I expect nothing less. Disgusting.

Brian4Liberty
03-18-2014, 05:59 PM
Germany ~1941-42?

USSA. Progressing from Lenin to Stalin.

jtap
03-19-2014, 07:30 AM
Can we just hit the breaking point already, please???

Anti Federalist
03-19-2014, 11:33 AM
How the fuck did I miss this story?

Good work OP.

GunnyFreedom
03-19-2014, 02:21 PM

Master of the understatement...

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Origanalist again.

osan
03-19-2014, 03:47 PM
Good. I hope it passes and I hope Theye put the screws to the people like never before.

If there is a breaking point, we need to get there. If there isn't, we deserve what Theye dish out.

For me, it is as simple as that.

Philhelm
03-19-2014, 03:57 PM
Oh no they didn't! This is my turf!

Mani
03-19-2014, 11:33 PM

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/jv6kqLpIrNc/hqdefault.jpg

Wait a minute...So if you feel you've been wronged.....Maybe gotten roughed up, your ass kicked, treated poorly, and you walk into the PD to file a complaint...Your complaint will be reviewed by.....hmmmm....another cop? The Cop's boss???

And the cop's boss may give a pat on the back to his pal, and later on say to you..."Hey you lied, he did nothing of the sort." They then have the right to march you off to prison where you can be roughed up, your ass kicked, and treated worse while in prison? And with a felony charge to boot so by the time your out of prison, your job is gone and you can't get hired ever again.

So that's what this bill allows?

Well, if it helps keep officers safe I guess it's OK. Because the most important thing is the officer makes it home....This bill is to protect them from..................you know.............those dangerous........COMPLAINTS.

heavenlyboy34
03-19-2014, 11:40 PM
Buck up, Kansans! Just vote and all will be well, Citizens!

/sarc

kcchiefs6465
03-20-2014, 12:30 AM
http://kslegislature.org/li/b2013_14/committees/ctte_h_corr_juv_jus_1/

Chair
Rep. John Rubin
Vice Chair
Rep. Ramon Gonzalez
Ranking Minority Member
Rep. Janice Pauls
Members
House
Rep. Steven Anthimides
Rep. Steven Becker
Rep. Rob Bruchman
Rep. Larry Campbell
Rep. Blaine Finch
Rep. Gail Finney
Rep. Brett Hildabrand
Rep. Russell Jennings
Rep. Melanie Meier
Rep. Tom Moxley
"Representatives."

Now who, specifically, do they represent?

tod evans
03-20-2014, 12:57 AM
Their courts will fix this............Go back to sleep..:mad:

GunnyFreedom
03-20-2014, 02:24 AM
Their courts will fix this............Go back to sleep..:mad:

*snort* the 'courts' have stolen power that didn't belong to them, and they have locked our ancestors into chains. They ignore a blatant human right in Plessy, and then invent a new one out of thin air in Brown. They stumble around the law like children, largely pressing their own ideals and not an objective standard of Constitutional government.

The duty to decide what was Constitutional was never given to the Courts, John Marshall invented that out of thin air. It was given to everyone who takes the oath. That was the point. The Oath boils down to "if it's unconstitutional, then do not do it." If everybody who took the oath legitimately (tried) to obey the Constitution, then the perpetrators become a minority of government. What the Governor says is of little use if the Sheriff refuses to come through your door and take weapons, and especially if he then says, "by-God that bastard gover better bring tanks."

The Final Check was the power given to every person elected, and also all of those who are sworn, to simply "not do" whatever they felt was unconstitutional, any law or court to the contrary notwithstanding. And then everybody stopped reading the Constitution and forgot the meaning of the oath.

That's why if I proposed an Amendment to the Constitution it would be to make the violation of the oath of office a federal felony. :)

tod evans
03-20-2014, 02:28 AM
Gunny I admire you for your efforts...

Time has shown us that despots only respond to one thing, a force greater than that which they wield..

The beatings will continue.

GunnyFreedom
03-20-2014, 02:56 AM
Gunny I admire you for your efforts...

Time has shown us that despots only respond to one thing, a force greater than that which they wield..

The beatings will continue.

...until the wheels come completely off.

Which is soon, and very soon.

tod evans
03-20-2014, 03:01 AM
...until the wheels come completely off.

Which is soon, and very soon.

I've been waiting with bated breath for over four decades....

I hope you're right.

GunnyFreedom
03-20-2014, 03:09 AM
I've been waiting with bated breath for over four decades....

I hope you're right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoHuxpa4h48