PDA

View Full Version : [VIDEO] Do we really need another President who beleives he talks directly to God?

DrNoZone
11-30-2007, 01:47 PM
What a dumbass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yj_okz7ZwI

DrNoZone
11-30-2007, 02:03 PM
Bump....this is some seriously good stuff guys.

Menthol Patch
11-30-2007, 02:06 PM
If we don't want an insane neo-con maniac to become president then we need to all focus on reaching 12 million dollars today!

James R
11-30-2007, 02:09 PM
I can't believe this comes up. How obvious could it be that it was just a joke? Anyone who has ever said a prayer believes that they can directly talk to God. So that would be what? 95% of us? Surely 19 in 20 of us have prayed at one point or another?

If you want to attack Huck, there are plenty of legit reasons. That is not one of them.

EDIT: I have a challenge for anyone who dares accept: Find a pastor or former pastor anywhere in America of a Christian church who does *not* believe that they can directly talk to God. Your question has to be: "Yes or no, can you directly talk to God?" and the answer they have to start with is "No.". Good luck on mission impossible!

DrNoZone
11-30-2007, 02:11 PM
I can't believe this comes up. How obvious could it be that it was just a joke? Anyone who has ever said a prayer believes that they can directly talk to God. So that would be what? 95% of us? Surely 19 in 20 of us have prayed at one point or another?

If you want to attack Huck, there are plenty of legit reasons. That is not one of them.

I never said I took it seriously, in that one instance. But do you honestly think that Huck, just like Bush, doesn't truly believe God talks directly to him and would tell him what needs to be done once he's in office?

werdd
11-30-2007, 02:12 PM
it his a testament that he is using god as an unfair political shtick, much like rudy uses 911. Ron Paul is the only canidate that supports the christian doctrine of the just war.

Danny Molina
11-30-2007, 02:14 PM
Bush said he talked to god and he takes orders from him about what to do with America...

James R
11-30-2007, 02:15 PM
I never said I took it seriously, in that one instance. But do you honestly think that Huck, just like Bush, doesn't truly believe God talks directly to him and would tell him what needs to be done once he's in office?

Yes, I would expect anyone who claims to be a Christian to pray on every decision. You are not a Christian if you don't involve God in all your major decisions.

BlutStein
11-30-2007, 02:15 PM
I fine if the next president talks to God. Its when they think God is telling them to start wars and remove civil rights that pisses me off.

garrettwombat
11-30-2007, 02:17 PM
When the president talks to God
Are the conversations brief or long?
Does he ask to rape our women’s' rights
And send poor farm kids off to die?
Does God suggest an oil hike
When the president talks to God?

Are the consonants all hard or soft?
Is he resolute all down the line?
Is every issue black or white?
Does what God say ever change his mind

Does he fake that drawl or merely nod?
Agree which convicts should be killed?
Where prisons should be built and filled?
Which voter fraud must be concealed

I wonder which one plays the better cop
We should find some jobs. the ghetto's broke
No, they're lazy, George, I say we don't
Just give 'em more liquor stores and dirty coke
That's what God recommends

Do they drink near beer and go play golf
While they pick which countries to invade
Which Muslim souls still can be saved?
I guess god just calls a spade a spade

Does he ever think that maybe he's not?
That that voice is just inside his head
When he kneels next to the presidential bed
Does he ever smell his own bullshit

Danny Molina
11-30-2007, 02:18 PM
Yes, I would expect anyone who claims to be a Christian to pray on every decision. You are not a Christian if you don't involve God in all your major decisions.

So did god tell Bush that Saddam had WMDs and to preemptively invade Iraq?

James R
11-30-2007, 02:19 PM
I never said I took it seriously, in that one instance.

PS - You never said you took it seriously, but you very sharply and very certainly implied that you did take the cell-phone thing seriously: Your post had the phrase "he talks directly to God" and you prominently link as evidence a video of him "talking to God" on his cell phone. But regardless of that, I now know you don't take that video seriously. Point made.

Energy
11-30-2007, 02:19 PM
It's an innocent stunt but some may see it as Huck trivializing God and using him to get votes.

James R
11-30-2007, 02:20 PM
So did god tell Bush that Saddam had WMDs and to preemptively invade Iraq?

No, but that is exactly what Bush thought God was telling him.

Ozwest
11-30-2007, 02:24 PM
Ron Paul is the only true Christian. Humble and pieous.

As an Athiest, I trust him, and respect him for his faith.

1town
11-30-2007, 02:27 PM
I don't believe in a God, and I found it funny.

DealzOnWheelz
11-30-2007, 02:38 PM
If Bush takes orders from god than god to him must be Rupert Murdoch

tnvoter
11-30-2007, 02:41 PM
Diggin it:

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Huckabee_Received_Phone_Call_From_God

lasenorita
11-30-2007, 03:01 PM
Mike Huckabee's blatant pandering to Christian voters depresses me. We are taught to be humble and to fear (respect) the Lord --- not use His name in vain to make political points or garner a few chuckles. :(

Ron LOL
11-30-2007, 03:12 PM
He was clearly joking at first, but I really didn't like the direction it took right about the time he implied he hoped that God would support his political party. And it was all downhill from there...it basically turned in to a prayer. Not a proper function for someone in public office IMO.

Adamsa
11-30-2007, 03:18 PM
Huckabee exploits his faith, Ron Paul respects his.

fedup100
11-30-2007, 03:26 PM
I just wanted to puke watching the Baptist Huckster "Preaching" with that phony holier than thee look on his face. He has been told he is the new "golden boy".

I am a Christian. My grandfather was the Baptist preacher in my little Texas home town. I have issues with what they believe, but it realy comes down to just using God to obtain a position of power.

I just can't believe that so called Christians fall for this crap, but they do.

The question about the Bible in the debate.....every body missed what that person was referring to when he showed which Bible he was referring to. It was the KING JAMES BIBLE!! This is a person that knows there are Holy Bibles and Bibles with holes. The Geneva Bible and the King James Bibles are as close as we can get to truth in the English language.

Anyhoo, the establishment has choosen another Bible thumping fraud because they know most of the Baptist in flyover country will fall for it.

Fyretrohl
11-30-2007, 03:29 PM
*shakes his head...

I will stay away from the conspiracy side of this one...

I AM a Latter Day Saint...aka...Mormon. I absolutely believe in the power of prayer and the ability of Heavenly Father to talk to us through the Holy Spirit or more direct means, as needed. That being said, if Bush prays and others claim to, I begun to think it is not about Heavenly Father not talking, but, them not listening. Afterall, we already know that Bush is the decision maker this time around, regardless of what the others around him say.