PDA

View Full Version : Russia To Sanction U.S. Senators...

green73
03-17-2014, 02:55 PM
Putin is set to respond to Obama's sanctions of Russian officials with his own list. Several U.S. Senators and officials will be banned from visiting Russia, including Sen. Dick Durbin.

U.S. senators, congressmen and top Obama administration officials are sure to be on Vladimir Putin’s sanctions list; a response to the Obama Administration’s announcement on Monday that 7 Russian officials and 4 Ukrainian officials would be barred from holding assets or traveling to the United States.

Putin is expected to release his retaliation list as early as Tuesday and while the final list is still being crafted, it will include top Obama administration officials and high profile U.S. senators, in an effort to roughly mirror the U.S. sanctions against Russian officials and lawmakers, according to diplomatic sources. At the top of the list in Congress is Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin, who recently co-authored a resolution criticizing Russia’s invasion of Crimea.

Durbin’s inclusion on Putin’s list would mirror Obama’s naming of Valentina Matvienko, the head of the upper chamber of the Russian Duma. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and Minority Leader Mitch McConnell are not expected to be on the Russian sanctions list.

Sen. John McCain, who traveled to Kiev last weekend to meet with Ukrainian leaders, told The Daily Beast that he expects to be on the list and is happy about it.

“You think I’m not going to be on it?” McCain said. “I would be honored to be on that list.”

McCain said he would not be impacted financially by being subject to a visa ban and asset freeze in the Russian Federation.

“I guess I’m going to have to try to withdraw my money from my secret account in St. Petersburg,” he joked.

Other names that could be on the Russian sanctions list, although not confirmed, include Sens. Robert Menendez (D-NJ) and Bob Corker (R-TN), the leaders of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee who are leading the sanctions drive in the Senate, and Victoria Nuland, the Assistant Secretary of State for Europe, who has been heavily involved in working with the Ukrainian opposition that ousted the Yanokovich government.

cont.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/03/17/russia-will-sanction-u-s-officials.html

Acala
03-17-2014, 03:08 PM
Imagine what a lovely world it would be if international squabbles consisted entirely of politicians from the two countries attacking the freedom and wealth of ONLY the politicians of the other country and leaving the people out of it.

pcosmar
03-17-2014, 03:11 PM
McCain should be deliberately left off the list and described as the distinguished Senator from North Vietnam.

NIU Students for Liberty
03-17-2014, 03:11 PM
http://www.terrariaonline.com/attachments/angry_grumpy_cat_good-png.86514/

James Madison
03-17-2014, 03:17 PM
Imagine what a lovely world it would be if international squabbles consisted entirely of politicians from the two countries attacking the freedom and wealth of ONLY the politicians of the other country and leaving the people out of it.

Battle royale.

Personally, I would pay major $$$ to watch Putin and Obama cage-fight.

Kords21
03-17-2014, 03:26 PM
We should rename Vodka something like Freedka to show those commie bastards how pissed we are at another country putting sanctions on us. This is clearly an act of war. I'm outraged! (for clarification this is pure sarcasm)

Acala
03-17-2014, 04:33 PM
Let's get into a full-scale pissing match with them to see who can have the most individual liberty in their country!

LibForestPaul
03-17-2014, 04:34 PM

People in power have no balls. All conflicts should be settled this way. Some knives, clubs, a coliseum, and the farmers killing each other for control of each others farms.

phill4paul
03-17-2014, 04:37 PM
And Putin continues to laugh. Lol.

Danke
03-17-2014, 04:45 PM
I'm coming up with a list of those not invited to my B-day party.

DamianTV
03-17-2014, 04:59 PM
All we need now is a False Flag and we will find ourselves in yet another profitable war for the Intl Banksters.

osan
03-17-2014, 05:15 PM
Battle royale.

Personally, I would pay major $$$ to watch Putin and Obama cage-fight.

Putin, issuing a half-hearted "boo" from 12 feet away, would cause Obama to simultaneously wet himself, start crying, and faint.

There would BE no fight.

PaulConventionWV
03-17-2014, 05:18 PM
Slap fight!

ClydeCoulter
03-17-2014, 05:19 PM
McCain should be deliberately left off the list and described as the distinguished Senator from North Vietnam.

I came here to post similarly.

I hope self import McCain is NOT on the list, just because. :)

pcosmar
03-17-2014, 05:21 PM
All we need now is a False Flag and we will find ourselves in yet another profitable war for the Intl Banksters.

WWIII will not be about profits..

The profits have been to start WWIII.

tommyrp12
03-17-2014, 05:37 PM
This is how it should be settled parties and paintball, just watch out for samsquatch in the woods.

Largest Paintball Battle - Living Legends 6 x HK Army

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvT6fr_MykY

Mini-Me
03-17-2014, 06:12 PM
People in power have no balls. All conflicts should be settled this way. Some knives, clubs, a coliseum, and the farmers killing each other for control of each others farms.

Back in second grade, we had a discussion about how much better it would be if international conflicts were solved by games of chess instead of war...but war isn't resolved by chess for the simple reason that the people in power are still alive, still in power, and still capable of starting an actual war if they lose the chess match. That's why it's so important that the alternative to war is something that results in dead leaders instead of dead soldiers.

I think the most practical solution is for war to work like this: Attack us? We'll find out the individual names of all the politicians and bureaucrats behind the decision to attack and assassinate them...no mercy, no parlay, no second chances. We'll take out the whole regime, then leave it to the people of that country to rebuild. Same thing happens? Lather, rinse, repeat. Sooner or later someone will come into power who realizes they'll be held personally accountable...and who doesn't want to die. ;)

It's a whole lot better than sending armies of 18-year-old "universal soldiers" to kill each other, while the rich old leaders who started the whole mess get to keep dining on caviar, win or lose. The obvious objection: "But a world where war meant assassinations would set a dangerous precedent and make it unsafe for OUR leaders too!" Answer: Good. Any leader willing to risk some 18-year-old kid's life should be risking their own life as well, or they're simple cowards. Real leadership isn't for cowards.

In this particular case, the sanctions against US Senators are pretty funny...if only irony and humor could defuse the whole damn thing, but I don't see that happening.

Acala
03-18-2014, 08:27 AM
Back in second grade, we had a discussion about how much better it would be if international conflicts were solved by games of chess instead of war...but war isn't resolved by chess for the simple reason that the people in power are still alive, still in power, and still capable of starting an actual war if they lose the chess match. That's why it's so important that the alternative to war is something that results in dead leaders instead of dead soldiers.

I think the most practical solution is for war to work like this: Attack us? We'll find out the individual names of all the politicians and bureaucrats behind the decision to attack and assassinate them...no mercy, no parlay, no second chances. We'll take out the whole regime, then leave it to the people of that country to rebuild. Same thing happens? Lather, rinse, repeat. Sooner or later someone will come into power who realizes they'll be held personally accountable...and who doesn't want to die. ;)

It's a whole lot better than sending armies of 18-year-old "universal soldiers" to kill each other, while the rich old leaders who started the whole mess get to keep dining on caviar, win or lose. The obvious objection: "But a world where war meant assassinations would set a dangerous precedent and make it unsafe for OUR leaders too!" Answer: Good. Any leader willing to risk some 18-year-old kid's life should be risking their own life as well, or they're simple cowards. Real leadership isn't for cowards.

In this particular case, the sanctions against US Senators are pretty funny...if only irony and humor could defuse the whole damn thing, but I don't see that happening.

I like this idea. But it needs to exist without government. Just for example, the people at large might develop a cultural habit of getting together to put up massive rewards for the assassinations of foreign leaders that attack us. If the source of the "contract" is diffuse, no retaliation by assassination is possible. It could be like a Kickstart system for purging the world of evildoers!

oyarde
03-18-2014, 10:02 AM
I'm coming up with a list of those not invited to my B-day party.

I always keep that list . Lucky for you , you are still invited :)