PDA

View Full Version : New Rasmussen Poll: Paul at 8% in NH, High Unfavorable Rating

RonPaulFanInGA
11-30-2007, 01:28 PM
"In fact, Thompson now trails Ron Paul who earns 8% support in the latest poll. Paul is viewed favorably by 36% of Likely Republican Primary Voters and unfavorably by 57%. The Texas Congressman brings a surprisingly large campaign bank account to the state and his campaign will present an interesting wild card for voters and other candidates."

CLICK HERE (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_2008__1/2008_presidential_election/new_hampshire/election_2008_new_hampshire_republican_primary)

Blowback
11-30-2007, 01:30 PM
That's because the segment surveyed is neocon headquarters.

ANd that's what makes the 8% even all the more powerful. Just imagine how well he is doing overall.

csen
11-30-2007, 01:30 PM
The high unfavorability ratings are nothing new -- they're the same in every state. Consistently, though, they've been moving up as people learn about him.

Naraku
11-30-2007, 01:31 PM
What matters is getting Independents and getting high turnout. Ron Paul's only behind Giuliani when it comes to Independents and will generate more turnout. The more Independents that vote the greater the likelihood of Paul's success!

Isupportliberty
11-30-2007, 01:34 PM
"In fact, Thompson now trails Ron Paul who earns 8% support in the latest poll. Paul is viewed favorably by 36% of Likely Republican Primary Voters and unfavorably by 57%. The Texas Congressman brings a surprisingly large campaign bank account to the state and his campaign will present an interesting wild card for voters and other candidates."

CLICK HERE (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_2008__1/2008_presidential_election/new_hampshire/election_2008_new_hampshire_republican_primary)

nm... bad math on my part :)

RevolutionSD
11-30-2007, 01:35 PM
It's obvious the independents and "non-likely Republican voters" will be the ones who will win this for us.

I'd like to however get to 11% before the election since that's where Buchanan was when he won NH in 96.

oakensage
11-30-2007, 01:49 PM
Don't discout the "likely Republican voters." My entire family was pro-war until we really sat down to question the entire issue - we're still discussing it and some of us are turning. There are a whole lot of classic Repubs who remember Viet Nam are just afraid of a blood bath in Iraq - but are squarely behind Ron Paul on EVERY other issue. Talk to them, a lot. The visibility of Paulites will help a lot too - especially showing different ages, races, dress, etc. coming together. It's a powerful by itself.

bgoldwater
11-30-2007, 02:00 PM
We need Hillary to dominate in Iowa so more independents will vote in the Republican primary in NH

Patrick Henry
11-30-2007, 02:19 PM
I'd like to however get to 11% before the election since that's where Buchanan was when he won NH in 96.

Do you happen to know what Buchanan was polling nationally?

runderwo
11-30-2007, 02:20 PM
There are a whole lot of classic Repubs who remember Viet Nam are just afraid of a blood bath in Iraq.

Iraq is a bloodbath while we are there. The domino effect never happened, just like the Caliphate will never happen, and it is interesting to note that in both cases such outcomes were predicted by the same people who got us into the mess to begin with. There was violence and genocide for years after we left, but eventually stability set in when the Soviets folded (a success of noninterventionism). As Ron told us, we accomplished in 20 years of peace in Southeast Asia what the French and U.S. could not accomplish in decades of war.

qsecofr
11-30-2007, 02:22 PM
The high unfavorable is a good sign IMHO, it means people are aware of Ron at least. They are reacting negatively because the only information they got was likely from someone who is opposed to Ron but as we get closer to primaries that may change as they become more informed.

I have a feeling high negatives will precede a breakout for Ron because that is how the campaign has evolved thus far.

saahmed
11-30-2007, 02:22 PM
The high negativity is mainly among Republican voters who attended the 2004 primaries. That consists of people who voted for Bush even though he ran unopposed, so they are strong Bush supporters and most likely support the war. Clinton also has high unfavorability btw.

jufreese
11-30-2007, 02:26 PM
RP is the only GOP that can beat Hillary, thats what im using as a point for some neo cons that are for every RP stance except the war

Johncjackson
11-30-2007, 02:40 PM
I believe there must be some overlap between Unfavorable and " Not known"..because if my math is right 37 favorable and 56 unfavorable means 93% know enough about him to form a opinion. I think even his name recognition is much lower than that, even in NH.

Could a lot of unfavorable really be " I don't know him- so Unfavorable"- like some kind of Junior High popularity contest?

The good news is I think 60% of Republicans who know about him could absolutely HATE him and he still could pull it off. You have the Independents as well as the fractured vote. You have 5-7 guys splitting a big chunk of the vote.