PDA

View Full Version : Mitch McConnell: The Senate Conservatives Fund has co-opted the liberty movement

compromise
03-16-2014, 09:40 AM
http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/exclusive-mcconnell-senate-conservatives-fund-rogue-political-operation

Speaking exclusively with TruthRevolt on Monday, Senator McConnell sought to set the record straight: he is not challenging the Tea Party, but the Senate Conservatives Fund. The SCF is a longtime opponent of McConnell who has backed his primary challenger, Matt Bevin.

McConnell said:

I’ve always been and continue to be a big supporter of the Tea Party and the conservative change it’s bringing to Washington. One of the biggest obstacles to that change, however, is the Senate Conservatives Fund, a rogue political operation that has co-opted the Liberty movement for its own enrichment to the detriment of the conservative cause. This is a point that I have been making repeatedly and energetically over the past several months, because in my view this group has deceived a lot of good people. They claim to share our goals but undermine them at every turn. I think they should be stopped, and I don’t mind saying so.

Warlord
03-16-2014, 09:54 AM
McConnell can't complain. He's a terrible senator

LibertyEagle
03-16-2014, 09:59 AM
That's the organization that DeMint started.

FSP-Rebel
03-16-2014, 10:08 AM
We'd be in even worse shape w/o these pro-freedom PACs.

Brian4Liberty
03-16-2014, 11:18 AM
That's the organization that DeMint started.

DeMint is no longer there, and IMHO, that organization is "teo-conservative" not "liberty" oriented. For every liberty oriented candidate like Rand or Mike Lee, they have supported obvious neo-conservatives like Ayotte and Rubio. Their other endorsements are somewhere in between.

Feeding the Abscess
03-16-2014, 11:34 AM
What in the ever loving fuck would McConnell know about liberty, or any movement that held that as its goal?

CPUd
03-16-2014, 12:20 PM
What in the ever loving fuck would McConnell know about liberty, or any movement that held that as its goal?

He knows whatever Jesse has told him.

compromise
03-16-2014, 05:21 PM
DeMint is no longer there, and IMHO, that organization is "teo-conservative" not "liberty" oriented. For every liberty oriented candidate like Rand or Mike Lee, they have supported obvious neo-conservatives like Ayotte and Rubio. Their other endorsements are somewhere in between.

Do you agree with Sen. McConnell on this issue?

NIU Students for Liberty
03-16-2014, 06:09 PM
Mitch McConnell and the word "liberty" = Jumbo Shrimp

Dianne
03-16-2014, 07:37 PM
Yeah... like anyone would believe word coming out of that habitual liars mouth ... Only but the grace of God has kept that man out of prison or insane asylum .

I pray the good people of Kentucky, who were wise enough to elect Rand Paul, will send McConnell straight into an orange prison suit, where he should have been 20 years ago.

Keith and stuff
03-16-2014, 10:03 PM

Rubio doesn't appear to be a neocon based on his Senate voting record. Neocon means horrible on domestic fiscal issues and horrible on foreign policy issues or something like that. He isn't horrible on domestic fiscal issues.

TheTyke
03-16-2014, 11:09 PM
LOL!! Mitch is a laugh a day.

The liberty people were recruiting Bevin long before Senate Conservatives Fund stepped in. But of course, as McConnell explains, the TRUE liberty movement would never challenge HIM, of all people. Hahahaha!