PDA

View Full Version : Manhunt leads to massive roadblock, warrantless car-to-car searches

rambone
03-15-2014, 05:52 PM
ROCKVILLE, MD — Thousands of motorists were brought to a standstill when police conducted a massive roadblock to find three crime suspects. Twelve lanes of traffic were shut down and swarms of armed government agents combed through a giant traffic jam performing warrantless vehicle-to-vehicle searches.

“They were just walking along saying: ‘Pop the trunk! Pop the trunk!’”

“Stay in your car!”

“Get your hands on the steering wheel! Get you hands up where we can see them!”

Manhunt leads to massive roadblock, warrantless car-to-car searches | Police State USA (http://www.policestateusa.com/2014/manhunt-car-to-car-searches/)

http://www.policestateusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/I270-manhunt3.jpg

http://www.policestateusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/I270-manhunt2.jpg

P.S. If you want to write articles for Police State USA, please submit a writing sample to admin@policestateusa.com

Anti Federalist
03-16-2014, 12:33 PM
AmeriKa.

tod evans
03-16-2014, 12:42 PM
Think of all the children these brave officers saved....:rolleyes:

RJB
03-16-2014, 12:45 PM
USA USA USA!!!

SeanTX
03-16-2014, 01:06 PM
Think of all the children these brave officers saved....:rolleyes:

In my city last week some guy had his car stolen from a store parking lot and he lied and said that his 6-year-old daughter was inside.

The car was found abandoned in an alleyway a half-hour later, and the cops set up a "perimeter" around that neighborhood and went door-to-door with rifles at the ready. It was kind of like a mini-version of what happened in Watertown, MA , but looking for a supposed kidnapper instead of a "terrorist."

And of course people in the neighborhood interviewed afterwards had no problem with it -- anything goes if it might save just one child. A few years back something similar happened here, a toddler was found wandering the streets at 3am in the morning. Sheriff's deputies went door-to-door around that entire neighborhood pounding on doors at 3:30am to try and find the parent(s). And instead of being pissed (as they should have been) most of the people were thankful that the deputies cared so much for that child. :rolleyes:

Ender
03-16-2014, 01:11 PM
In my city last week some guy had his car stolen from a store parking lot and he lied and said that his 6-year-old daughter was inside.

The car was found abandoned in an alleyway a half-hour later, and the cops set up a "perimeter" around that neighborhood and went door-to-door with rifles at the ready. It was kind of like a mini-version of what happened in Watertown, MA , but looking for a supposed kidnapper instead of a "terrorist."

And of course people in the neighborhood interviewed afterwards had no problem with it -- anything goes if it might save just one child. A few years back something similar happened here, a toddler was found wandering the streets at 3am in the morning. Sheriff's deputies went door-to-door around that entire neighborhood pounding on doors at 3:30am to try and find the parent(s). And instead of being pissed (as they should have been) most of the people were thankful that the deputies cared so much for that child. :rolleyes:

Good grief, man- sounds like your deputies did the right thing.

Would you rather they take the child into protective custody or find the family and deliver the child?

SeanTX
03-16-2014, 01:32 PM
Good grief, man- sounds like your deputies did the right thing.

Would you rather they take the child into protective custody or find the family and deliver the child?

You have to be kidding? You don't go pounding on all the doors in an entire neighborhood at 3:30am just because one person in that neighborhood is too irresponsible to keep a toddler from escaping. You take the kid into protective custody, put out info the missing child info to the media, then wait for the parents to come forward to claim the child.

Or maybe drive around the neighborhood with the kid and see if she/he can recognize his/her home (a 3-year-old can probably do that). That would be a REASONABLE search.

I don't care if the parents wake up startled and in a panic to find their kid missing, they deserve that, maybe it will teach them a lesson. Not my problem. Better than having armed thugs terrorizing an entire neighborhood in the middle of the night (I don't even want to talk to cops about ANYTHING, unless it involves me, and I would never answer the door for one).

If they have to go door-to-door over something they could at least wait until a decent hour when most people aren't asleep. Distributing flyers then or seeking voluntary info would be more reasonable. I'd be fucking pissed if they trespassed onto my property and pounded on my door at 3:30am over something that has nothing at all to do with me. If you wouldn't be, you must be a statist who needs .gov babysitters to take care of you and yours 24/7 .

And things like this aren't really about "the children", it's about conditioning the public to accept anything. Next it will be door-to-door mandatory searches of homes every time a child goes missing.

Ender
03-16-2014, 02:15 PM
You have to be kidding? You don't go pounding on all the doors in an entire neighborhood at 3:30am just because one person in that neighborhood is too irresponsible to keep a toddler from escaping. You take the kid into protective custody, put out info the missing child info to the media, then wait for the parents to come forward to claim the child.

Or maybe drive around the neighborhood with the kid and see if she/he can recognize his/her home (a 3-year-old can probably do that). That would be a REASONABLE search.

I don't care if the parents wake up startled and in a panic to find their kid missing, they deserve that, maybe it will teach them a lesson. Not my problem. Better than having armed thugs terrorizing an entire neighborhood in the middle of the night (I don't even want to talk to cops about ANYTHING, unless it involves me, and I would never answer the door for one).

If they have to go door-to-door over something they could at least wait until a decent hour when most people aren't asleep. I'd be fucking pissed if they trespassed onto my property and pounded on my door at 3:30am over something that has nothing at all to do with me. If you wouldn't be, you must be a statist who needs .gov babysitters to take care of you and yours 24/7 .

And things like this aren't really about "the children", it's about conditioning the public to accept anything. Next it will be door-to-door mandatory searches of homes every time a child goes missing.

That's pure bullshit.

Do you have kids?

Kids get up in the middle of the night- some sleepwalk. Even if the doors are locked they can get out and still be asleep.

The deputies did the best thing for the child and the parents. If it were my neighborhood, I'd be grateful that they were trying to find the parents instead of punishing the kid for the rest of his life.

A true liberty-minded person knows that good neighborhoods take care of each other instead of being angry because you might be a little inconvenienced.

VoluntaryAmerican
03-16-2014, 02:18 PM
P.S. If you want to write articles for Police State USA, please submit a writing sample to admin@policestateusa.com

AmeriKa.

I see a police shoots dog blog in your future. :D

Trigonx
03-16-2014, 02:19 PM
All for $7,000 taken from a bank. Wow.

SeanTX
03-16-2014, 02:22 PM
All for $7,000 taken from a bank. Wow.

The same thing happened in Aurora, CO a couple of summers back after a bank robbery. Officers cordoned off a busy intersection and were going car-to-car, pointing shotguns at young kids and people who didn't even come close to meeting the suspect's description. And those people were handcuffed and detained. It's all about conditioning, and people will be all for it as long as there is a "good reason" for it ,even people on this site. Especially if there is a "for the children" angle to it.

FindLiberty
03-16-2014, 02:35 PM
You have to be kidding?

In addition to the obvious bad/idiot parenting likelihood, there could have been much more going on where emergency medical care could have been needed ASAP "at the scene" of that toddler “escape”. Maybe even some real police work beyond a simple child curfew violation citation. (yea OK, or some random unnecessary/recreational dog murders by police.)

Remember the dog with the bloody footprints... that initiated it's owner to make the first 911 call regarding the murder of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman? Even at 3am, I'd immediately understand the urgency to investigate all the possible reasons why a toddler might be out wandering around about at 3am!

Geez, there would have been even more negative reaction if the police did not bother to look (and possibly discover a bloody home invasion scene, only 1500 feet away from where that toddler was found on the street), that might go undiscovered until neighbors started reporting a bad smell and lots of flies two or three weeks later.

SeanTX
03-16-2014, 02:40 PM
Yes, we can use the "what ifs" to excuse and justify just about anything our benevolent police will do to us to protect us, especially in the interests of "saving the children."

What if the surviving Boston marathon bomber was in one of those houses in Watertown holding the family hostage? It was a possibility, therefore we needed 10,000 armed police and mandatory house-to-house searches to find out. Somebody being held hostage might have had a life-saving prescription they needed filled that day too -- time was of the essence! And a million other "what ifs."

See where this "what if" stuff all leads to? Don't knock on my door at 3:30am because some trashy parents nearby can't keep their kid under control -- that's their problem, not mine. Though I guess some of you guys believe in that "it takes a village to raise a child" BS.

And don't forget the fact that plenty of innocent people have been killed answering the door for the police, especially at night. Why open the door to someone who has the legal right and full immunity to kill you based upon a few scripted magic words? EVERY encounter with a law enforcement officer carries the potential for an innocent person to be killed, with no consequences for them, EVER.

If they want they can tape a "missing child" flyer on my door, that would be reasonable, but don't pound and kick on it (cops don't "knock" on your door, they kick and pound on it, not a good way to wake up at 3:30am, and something that could get somebody shot). They have everybody so brain-washed that some can't see that this is all about conditioning us to accept whatever they will dish out, all for our "own good" of course.

Another laughable thing statists come up with is "oh, but if the police hadn't done something, imagine the negative reaction, people might sue!". As we see all the time, cops don't give a damn about what the public thinks, and the Supreme Court has already ruled that the police have no obligation to protect you and your children against every possible bad thing that might happen (not that they could even if they wanted to, it's simply not possible). Be responsible parents and look after your own kids, don't count on the state to do it for you.

Carson
03-16-2014, 05:33 PM
I wonder if any charges will come out of this. There should be several hundred brought before the courts.

Kind of ironic would be to compare the amount of the robbery with the amount of money stolen by the banks, through their counterfeiting, during the period the victims were detained.

DGambler
03-16-2014, 05:43 PM
They were just trying to get back their owners money.

Anti Federalist
03-16-2014, 06:32 PM
I see a police shoots dog blog in your future. :D

Already done by RPF member daviddee.

http://www.dogmurderers.com/

Although it doesn't look like he's updated in 8 months now.

Hope he's OK.

If I can come up with something interesting that hasn't already been said a million times, I'll happily submit a story.

LibForestPaul
03-16-2014, 06:35 PM
They should do this in every city when an auto is stolen. Zero tolerance.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
03-16-2014, 06:37 PM
Yes, we can use the "what ifs" to excuse and justify just about anything our benevolent police will do to us to protect us, especially in the interests of "saving the children."

What if the surviving Boston marathon bomber was in one of those houses in Watertown holding the family hostage? It was a possibility, therefore we needed 10,000 armed police and mandatory house-to-house searches to find out. Somebody being held hostage might have had a life-saving prescription they needed filled that day too -- time was of the essence! And a million other "what ifs."

See where this "what if" stuff all leads to? Don't knock on my door at 3:30am because some trashy parents nearby can't keep their kid under control -- that's their problem, not mine. Though I guess some of you guys believe in that "it takes a village to raise a child" BS.

And don't forget the fact that plenty of innocent people have been killed answering the door for the police, especially at night. Why open the door to someone who has the legal right and full immunity to kill you based upon a few scripted magic words? EVERY encounter with a law enforcement officer carries the potential for an innocent person to be killed, with no consequences for them, EVER.

If they want they can tape a "missing child" flyer on my door, that would be reasonable, but don't pound and kick on it (cops don't "knock" on your door, they kick and pound on it, not a good way to wake up at 3:30am, and something that could get somebody shot). They have everybody so brain-washed that some can't see that this is all about conditioning us to accept whatever they will dish out, all for our "own good" of course.

Another laughable thing statists come up with is "oh, but if the police hadn't done something, imagine the negative reaction, people might sue!". As we see all the time, cops don't give a damn about what the public thinks, and the Supreme Court has already ruled that the police have no obligation to protect you and your children against every possible bad thing that might happen (not that they could even if they wanted to, it's simply not possible). Be responsible parents and look after your own kids, don't count on the state to do it for you.

Excellent, excellent points.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
03-16-2014, 07:10 PM
These so-called "emergency" situations are often our own creations. I have personally seen people become more nonchalant and even careless when they know another entity, such as police or family, will rescue them. Sure, things happen. A kid might wander in the street or a parent with Alzheimer's finds himself in a bad situation.

Those exceptional events however, often turn into the norm when there are 3rd party and societal institutions that enable poor parenting, poor judgment, etc. How many times does your own kid become a little wild or reckless when he knows enabling mommy and daddy will bail him out from a bind?

It's bad enough when enabling happens in your own family. We have now institutionalized the practice. People in America now know they are free to be irresponsible and non-caring, knowing that there is some 3rd party or government institution to bail out their laziness, stupidity, and other qualities that we have institutionalized.

rambone
03-16-2014, 10:15 PM
I'm not sure how the Daily Paul develops its newsfeed but this story was shared there. Its pretty cool when friends tell me where to look to see my articles. Lew Rockwell has also been sharing my stuff.

http://www.dailypaul.com/314564/wall-of-police-shuts-highway-to-nab-3-bank-robbery-suspects