PDA

View Full Version : Is This article inaccurate?

Give me liberty
11-30-2007, 01:21 PM
http://www.rdtc.com/Blog/archive/2007/11/29/tax-views-of-top-10-presidential-candidates.aspx

Calling himself a “real conservative” Ron Paul supports low taxes and low government spending. “We are nine trillion dollars in debt as a nation,” he claims. “Our mounting government debt endangers the financial future of our children and grandchildren. If we don’t cut spending now, higher taxes and economic disaster will be in their future — and yours.”

Paul also seeks to phase out the IRS. When asked about the eliminating the IRS, Paul states, “You can only do that if you change our ideas about what the role of government ought to be. If you think that government has to take care of us, from cradle to grave, and if you think our government should police the world and spend hundreds of billions of dollars on a foreign policy that we cannot manage, you can't get rid of the IRS. But if you want to lower taxes and stop causing all the inflation, then you have to change policy.”

Ron Paul, who holds many core-libertarian beliefs, is a strong supporter of nonviolent tax resistance. He has stated numerous times that he supports the right of people to engage in a nonviolent protest when they think a law is unfair, but reminds that the consequences could be imprisonment. Paul claims that he does current income tax laws are unfair in that they assume people are guilty and force them to prove their own innocence. However, he has stated that instead of simply not paying taxes it would be better to elect Congress members who will work for tax changes.

I thought ron paul wants to reduce government spending a little far more?

billjarrett
11-30-2007, 01:24 PM
Am I missing something? I don't see where it says that.

1town
11-30-2007, 01:37 PM
Yea, i don't understand what you are confused about