PDA

View Full Version : Please stop visiting TeaParty07.com, let the newbies visit!

nathanielyao
11-30-2007, 01:16 PM
Hi Everyone!

We know know that the propagation has finished correctly, but too many people are visiting the site and refreshing over and over. It currently can only handle 150 requests at the same time which is why everyone is getting errors (there were no errors at 3am EST!:D).

Let people who have not visited the site yet get to the site. There is no need to check anymore.

If you want to know how many pledges are currently, please visit http://www.ronpaulgraphs.com/teaparty_members.html.

We are working on getting a better server so please hang on.

Again, please stay off the site, we need to let the site work for the people who have not yet seen it or pledged.

*****UPDATE*****

We have new servers! Please continue to stay off the site to let the newbies visit until the move is finished.

bolidew
11-30-2007, 01:19 PM
Sigh...

Benaiah
11-30-2007, 01:20 PM
ronpaulsteaparty.com

scmike
11-30-2007, 01:22 PM
Nathaniel,
I sent you an email about this, but wanted to post it here as well. I am a DBA ans ISP manager and have many servers at my disposal. We have over 200 sites and SQL databases running and they are NEVER down. We can handle thousands of requests at once with multiple OC12 connections. Please let me know if I can host or mirror your site to help relieve this load. I would be happy to do whatever I can to help the cause!

SwordOfShannarah
11-30-2007, 01:22 PM
ronpaulsteaparty.com

Ummm- no. This is already working. All along it's been US who have been slamming the website. I just checked and the site is super fast right now. Please keep off the servers.

ClockwiseSpark
11-30-2007, 01:23 PM
I still can't access the site.

nathanielyao
11-30-2007, 01:24 PM
Nathaniel,
I sent you an email about this, but wanted to post it here as well. I am a DBA ans ISP manager and have many servers at my disposal. We have over 200 sites and SQL databases running and they are NEVER down. We can handle thousands of requests at once with multiple OC12 connections. Please let me know if I can host or mirror your site to help relieve this load. I would be happy to do whatever I can to help the cause!

Umm.. did not receive your email, can you PM me?

SwordOfShannarah
11-30-2007, 01:24 PM
btw- the fact that people would vote this thread down proves there are trolls on these boards. They don't want the site to work. Vote this thread UP!

Benaiah
11-30-2007, 01:25 PM
Ummm- no. This is already working. All along it's been US who have been slamming the website. I just checked and the site is super fast right now. Please keep off the servers.

I was implying that us Ron Paul addicts could use RonPaulsTeaParty.com so that average people can use TeaParty07.com without the site being down.

SwordOfShannarah
11-30-2007, 01:27 PM
I was implying that us Ron Paul addicts could use RonPaulsTeaParty.com so that average people can use TeaParty07.com without the site being down.

right. Good point- he can update the numbers there. Sorry! :)

scmike
11-30-2007, 01:29 PM
Nathaniel, I PMed you. I wont be available to check my messages until later today, but will respond ASAP. I am sure we can work something out that will benefit the campaign.

Wayne Hammond
11-30-2007, 01:37 PM
Agreed. Bump. People need to quit sucking bandwidth away from the site, just so they can see the numbers. Go to www.RonPaulGraphs.com for that.

Trevor and Nathaniel are going to get new servers soon to get around this concurrent user problem, but until then, especially on a busy day like today, let's do our part and not contribute to the problem.

RonPaulFever
11-30-2007, 01:39 PM
Not to be a jerk, because I'm really appreciative of all that you guys have done, but....you kinda dropped the ball on this one.

SwordOfShannarah
11-30-2007, 01:49 PM
New servers on the way!!! No downtime during the propagation. 100,000 concurrent users on the new host. Updates soon- please continue to stay off the site for now.

nathanielyao
11-30-2007, 01:53 PM
New server coming! Should be able to handle about 100,000 concurrent requests. Please stay off the site to let newbies visit. There should be no downtime involved, but please do not visit the site.

Wayne Hammond
11-30-2007, 01:54 PM
Why the heck someone would rate this thread with one star is beyond me... unless we have a bunch of trolls trying to create trouble.

If you support the TeaParty, please vote 5 stars for this thread - jeesh. :rolleyes: And don't keep re-loading the teaparty web site - you are already a supporter, leave it there for them to see.

jd603
11-30-2007, 01:55 PM
Sorry but whoever quoted you that lied to you. Unless it is a cluster of servers this is not possible with today's server hardware.

I'm sure it will be better than GoDaddy though.

New server coming! Should be able to handle about 100,000 concurrent requests. Please stay off the site to let newbies visit. There should be no downtime involved, but please do not visit the site.

rmcadams
11-30-2007, 02:18 PM
I'm very confused here....

many people like jd603 and myself have offered to help here... I have a datacenter that has load balancer hardware and can host this site so that we arent stuck with this problem and jd603 had offered solutions also.

Nothing out there will handle 100k requests concurrently unless you've got load balancers and a gang of front end web servers to handle the processing.

Why is it that you keep ignoring those who can help? You can use DNS to round robin people to different hosts who are offering to help and we can all rsync (or whatever method you prefer) to keep the content up-to-date.

This site is important and it should be farmed out to multiple geographic locations if you want it to stay online.

Just my two cents.

Energy
11-30-2007, 02:24 PM
I'm very confused here....

many people like jd603 and myself have offered to help here... I have a datacenter that has load balancer hardware and can host this site so that we arent stuck with this problem and jd603 had offered solutions also.

Nothing out there will handle 100k requests concurrently unless you've got load balancers and a gang of front end web servers to handle the processing.

Why is it that you keep ignoring those who can help? You can use DNS to round robin people to different hosts who are offering to help and we can all rsync (or whatever method you prefer) to keep the content up-to-date.

This site is important and it should be farmed out to multiple geographic locations if you want it to stay online.

Just my two cents.

Exactly. As I've said before, if you don't know what you're doing, get qualified help. This is almost ridiculous considering this is a single web page with NO databases. Capping at 150 was a joke from the very start.

Round robin, redundancy, load balancers, dedicated, whatever it takes, let's get this done PRONTO.

Lord Xar
11-30-2007, 03:37 PM
I can't access the site at all.. someone is fudging the site. This doesn't seem possible to muck up a single page site to such an extent.

chestertime
11-30-2007, 04:48 PM
is it possible some of these concurrent users are the fetching scripts for the various banner ads that display a live pledge count?

Man from La Mancha
11-30-2007, 05:03 PM
Just tried it for 3 seconds, very fast.