PDA

View Full Version : Why all of the negativity?

caradeporra
11-30-2007, 01:15 PM
Why is everyone so negative today? It seems like i have seen a ton of threads saying, "we cant make 12 million." "The bar is too high." "We will never be mainstream."

Are we going to start letting that stop us?

SwordOfShannarah
11-30-2007, 01:19 PM
Why is everyone so negative today? It seems like i have seen a ton of threads saying, "we cant make 12 million." "The bar is too high." "We will never be mainstream."

I couldn't agree with you more. I hope that these people motivate the rest of us to go and donate more than ever.

hawkeyenick
11-30-2007, 01:20 PM
setting bars too high = letdown and affects morale

Oddball
11-30-2007, 01:21 PM

Just tell 'em to knock it off with all them negative waves, man!!!! :cool:

RPFTW!

I agree, I was a bit pissy earlier but got the sand out of my v so I'm good now.

American
everyone has to be very cautious with users here, especially new users, it makes perfect sense that there are folks here to derail this effort.

Stay focused with the message of freedom and getting Ron Paul elected. Nothing else matter, period.

grizzums
11-30-2007, 04:46 PM
I personally think today has already been a success. I think one of the biggest hurdles for Dr. Paul has been name recognition and having a consistent new audience for his message and philosophies to spoken to. The coverage the media has already given to today helps tremendously with that. I do not worry about about how the media ends up treating this...its already worked well, imho.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/story?id=3934514&page=1
http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2007-11-29-ron-paul_N.htm

The unfortunate Hilary situation will damper the attention this story gets.....we have already received great coverage. The Tea Party will be much better. There is no way to spin this successfully as a one hit wonder in any intelligent person's mind. The above articles don't make a single mention of any "one hit wonder" scenario and doesn't even specifically mention that by midnight is the goal but rather this...

"Lyman, a Miami Beach online music promoter, is guiding an Internet fundraising drive that he says could well push Paul past his $12 million fourth-quarter fundraising goal by the weekend — a full month ahead of schedule."

Some articles did, like the Miami Herald but I think the point is missed. I don't see this being a negative in any way. Today has already been a success and will continue to be one in the days ahead. This article in the Polito mentions that early indications show that the ambitious goal may come up short of its target but read it and tell me that this article in and of itself is bad for the campaign of Paul right now...?

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1107/7105.html

"Paul’s chief e-bundler, music promoter Trevor Lyman, hopes to raise $2.5 million by day’s end with the campaign’s second online money bomb - though initial indications were that this latest fundraising move would fall well short of its target."

"Ron Paul may not win his party’s primary, but he is on track to capture another big title: top Republican fundraiser for the final quarter of the money-obsessed 2008 presidential primary"

^ This is about as negative as I can find and even so I think it is a positive.

Even Gergen (and others) wasn't mentioning "improbable" a few weeks ago...but rather words like "impossible" or "not a chance"

“It’s highly improbable that he will get into the first tier. But he’s colorful,” says David Gergen, a former White House adviser."

With all the hard work folks are putting in here, I can understand disappointments and some negativity just like I saw after the last debate...but by the next morning people were getting positive again. The energy and vibe can be quite contagious.

Keep your heads up...today is a success, already, and there is still more to come...

Stay tuned.........This Revolution is just heating up! Just my .02.

Bodhi
11-30-2007, 04:49 PM
Today is a success for sure! Even if we had only cracked the 10 million dollar mark that is incredible for only two months!

I guess freedom is popular :)

Jodi
11-30-2007, 04:51 PM
Blowback from the debate????

nathanmn
11-30-2007, 04:59 PM
We are running one of the best grassroots campaigns with the establishment against it, ever, in the history of the world. Seriously. We have raised a lot of money today. We are going to beat all of the Republican's fund raising totals from last quarter. How can that not be called a success? We still have the big Boston T Party ahead of us too which is going to BREAK RECORDS. Don't let anyone let you rain on our parade. We are kicking ASS and taking names!

Man from La Mancha
11-30-2007, 05:05 PM
Trolls and/or anal retentives.:)

Ron Paul Fan
11-30-2007, 05:08 PM
Arguing that setting the bar too high hurts morale is idiotic. We missed the bar on November 5th. Did that hurt morale? NO! Morale is good my friends and it is getting better with a solid fundraising day today. It will be through the roof on December 16th and if we only get $8 million instead of $10 million, somehow I don't think it'll drag us down too much.

The Plan
11-30-2007, 05:15 PM

Setting bars too high is what life is all about

You have to start taking Joy in the fight to achieve the goal, not just the result.

Revolution isn't the goal, it's the battle.

The goal is to change the world and earn the american people another chapter in history thereby defining this generation forever. Talk about setting high goals!!!

Get pumped up man, we're gonna take back our lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait!!!