PDA

View Full Version : My whole family registered to vote Paul but...

curtisag
11-30-2007, 01:14 PM
We haven't received our registration cards in the mail. We mailed them about 2 months ago. On the Texas SoS web site, it says 30 days should be enough of a wait. So I call to see if anyone of us are on the registration rolls for our county, and none of us are. They said maybe they lost them. Very strange...

madcat033
11-30-2007, 01:21 PM
You're supposed to get registration cards? I registered here in Los Angeles county like 7 weeks ago, I haven't got jack in the mail. I guess I'll have to call too or something...

steph3n
11-30-2007, 01:23 PM
We haven't received our registration cards in the mail. We mailed them about 2 months ago. On the Texas SoS web site, it says 30 days should be enough of a wait. So I call to see if anyone of us are on the registration rolls for our county, and none of us are. They said maybe they lost them. Very strange...

Don't need in texas just a driver license :)
no party reg is needed in fact you can't register to one party or another

torchbearer
11-30-2007, 01:23 PM
Go to your county court house, they should have your voter registration on file there.
I doubt they will give out info over the phone.

RPFTW!
11-30-2007, 01:24 PM
I haven't got anything either.

curtisag
11-30-2007, 01:26 PM
I called the Harris county elections registration office, none of my family are on the voter rolls. And I don't think a drivers license is sufficient if you didn't vote in the previous election. I couldn't bring myself to vote in 2004 or 06. They said since we mailed our registration to Austin, they were suppose to forward it to our local county's office for registration. But they didn't because there is no record of it anywhere. Now my whole family has to fill out another one they say.

kylejack
Go to your county court house, they should have your voter registration on file there.

It can be verified on the web. As long as its on the website, all you need is DL.

BiPolarBear

I verified my party change over the phone. The old guy gave me the info, no questions asked!

RPFTW!
11-30-2007, 01:27 PM
I called the Harris county elections registration office, none of my family are on the voter rolls. And I don't think a drivers license is sufficient if you didn't vote in the previous election. I couldn't bring myself to vote in 2004 or 06. They said since we mailed our registration to Austin, they were suppose to forward it to our local county's office for registration. But they didn't because there is no record of it anywhere. Now my whole family has to fill out another one they say.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did this on purpose.

curtisag
11-30-2007, 01:28 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they did this on purpose.

I tend to agree, but I hate to see conspiracies in everything.

RPFTW!
11-30-2007, 01:29 PM
I tend to agree, but I hate to see conspiracies in everything.

True, any outsider that looks at this website thinks we're nuts haha