PDA

View Full Version : A request for a commitment.

Original_Intent
11-30-2007, 01:12 PM
I was one of the big naysayers about today. Not saying that it COULDN'T succeed, but my belief that it SHOULDN'T succeed.

That being said, I got behind today once it was clear it was going to happen and have promoted the "bomb within a bomb" for this evening which I still hope can be huge and push today towards something that will be positive media.

I ask everyone to commit here and now that starting 12:01 tomorrow you will get behind the TeaParty to make it huge. I am not saying donations should dry up, of course not, but we should expect them to drop off some and I am asking people to not panic and start more "mini-bombs" or "we need to raise $xxx,xxx per day" efforts.

Of course, each person should give when they feel like it. I am NOT advocating people do anything as far as DONATING other than what they feel best about.

I am saying that the PROMOTION of "we must all give what we can each day, ASAP" etc will severely damage the TeaParty effort. Most of the people that have been pushing today's bomb have said that after today we can close ranks in promoting Dec 16th. I call on each of us to renew that commitment, no matter how today turns out. Today's bomb has been a very divisive issue, and speaking for no one other than myself, I will view any effort after today to divert funds from Dec 16th as hostile actions towards the campaign. The exception being letters from HQ, which I expect, and especially any request for immediate funds from Ron Paul himself.

Onward to victory! Remember to donate tonight during the mini-bomb!

shadowhooch
11-30-2007, 01:17 PM
Well said and good plan. I'm in for today and will then wait until the 16th to donate again. Everyone else should do the same to make BOTH days a success.

Naraku
11-30-2007, 01:21 PM
Better start handing out invitations! ;)

http://imgcash6.imageshack.us/Himg407/scaled.php?server=407&filename=teapartyinvitationlt2.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=480

Original_Intent
11-30-2007, 01:35 PM
hmmm somewhat lacking in commitment. /bump

I would really like to see some of those who have been all out promoting November 30th , recommit to what they have already stated previously. Hope no one is having second thoughts...

Thrice
11-30-2007, 01:36 PM
Can do.

grizzums
11-30-2007, 01:40 PM
New here but am as committed as ever.

Fyretrohl
11-30-2007, 01:41 PM
Yeah. I say after this, focus on the 16th. Leave the 'we need X by Y' for the campaign. Then, REMEMBER, the Campaign reaches more people via those emails than we do via the forums.

BTW...Did you ever stop to think...If RP supporters are so large that even our representative view of them is TINY...What does THAT say?

Janet0116
11-30-2007, 01:55 PM
I'm committed to not giving any more until the 16th because my paycheck commits me so. LOL

LSUiLike
11-30-2007, 02:09 PM
I agree with what you're saying and commit to it.

Pete
11-30-2007, 02:18 PM
Today I did what I could, but I am also working on a special project that will allow me to max out on the 16th.

The Tea Party is going to be, nay, has to be one for the history books. :cool:

Midnight77
11-30-2007, 02:26 PM
Donated $100 today, and I am still donating the same amount I originally planned on donating on the 16th. Another $100. And I have $25 going towards the blimp.

JenHarris
11-30-2007, 02:39 PM
I've been handing out flyers and stuff like that but the campaign won't let me contribute any more money :(

Fyretrohl
11-30-2007, 03:39 PM
So, any of you rich folks out there want to buy some slightly older computer parts? <Not ancient, in life terms anyway> I am limited in what I can donate unless I can make some money selling stuff.

me3
11-30-2007, 05:03 PM
hmmm somewhat lacking in commitment. /bump

I would really like to see some of those who have been all out promoting November 30th , recommit to what they have already stated previously. Hope no one is having second thoughts...
I'm having second thoughts after seeing how you have posted about 11/30 today during the money bomb.

You might want to think about not intervening in someone else's project if you are looking for support for your own.

Blowback.

Original_Intent
11-30-2007, 05:12 PM
I'm having second thoughts after seeing how you have posted about 11/30 today during the money bomb.

You might want to think about not intervening in someone else's project if you are looking for support for your own.

Blowback.

I have posted a thread saying that today is a success and hope for continued success with the power hour coming up.

I have posted that I am disappointed that as I predicted, those who have been promoting today are turning on those who are chosing to wait for the TeaParty and questioning their loyalty to the campaign.

I was against today from the get go but I got behind the power hour and have not posted anything since you and I declared "truce" to undermine today and have actually been promoting the power hour which HELPS todays goal.

And finally, the fact that you are starting to hedge what you said when you agreed that after today we should all unite behind the TeaParty...If you renege on your word and are unwilling to stand by your commitment, then I guess I was right to distrust the people who were promoting November 30th.

Throwing Blowback out there, clever but I have done nothing to warrant blowback. If you decide to continue to undermine the TeaParty as some kind of personal vendetta against me, then I guess we see clearly where your priorities, and your loyalties, lie.

me3
11-30-2007, 05:22 PM
If you decide to continue to undermine the TeaParty as some kind of personal vendetta against me, then I guess we see clearly where your priorities, and your loyalties, lie.
Distorted accusations with zero basis in fact (and I challenge you to prove me wrong).

I have never worked to undermine the Tea Party. On the contrary, I have done lots to promote it, and am planning to do a lot more.

But not more on that project until tomorrow.

So far I am putting together a social viral campaign team.
I have promoted the Tea Party on ronpauldonors for weeks (not even including my own 11/30 banner you see at the top of the forum home page (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/index.php)).
Have been working on optimizing the Tea Party webpage.
And I have lined up donors and promoted it to the online community outside this forum.

pacelli
11-30-2007, 05:26 PM
Please guys, stop the bickering. There's a place for all of us in Dr. Paul's vision of America which we are all behind.

I'll give what I want, when I want. I've given yesterday, today, and plan on giving during the 'power hour', before dec 16, and a huge donation which will max me out on dec 16. From there it will likely be the blimp project and buying more airplane ads.

Original_Intent
11-30-2007, 05:30 PM
Distorted accusations with zero basis in fact (and I challenge you to prove me wrong).

I have never worked to undermine the Tea Party. On the contrary, I have done lots to promote it, and am planning to do a lot more.

But not more on that project until tomorrow.

So far I am putting together a social viral campaign team.
I have promoted the Tea Party on ronpauldonors for weeks (not even including my own 11/30 banner you see at the top of the forum home page (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/index.php)).
Have been working on optimizing the Tea Party webpage.
And I have lined up donors and promoted it to the online community outside this forum.

That's awesome! So I guess your threat to back out of your prior commitment were just to bait me? I can live with that.

I also will say that although I voiced my opinion against today early and often (if only to counter points that were repeatedly posted by certain *cough* mentholpatch *cough* zealous promoters, I have not tried to take the steam out of today, and have actively been in favor of the power hour scheduled for 7pm-8pm Eastern for a couple of days now.

me3
11-30-2007, 05:35 PM
That's awesome! So I guess your threat to back out of your prior commitment were just to bait me? I can live with that.
There was no threat. I was telling you that the Tea Party nannies and whiners are a serious drag down for even the most motivated people, and cause us to stop and question our efforts, and if we can progress through all of the negativity.

Consider that for every action, there is a reaction. And that negative actions bring unintended consequences.

We'll win together or die apart. Sovereign individuals can coexist and cooperate without losing their principles.

brianbb98
11-30-2007, 05:36 PM
I've been handing out flyers and stuff like that but the campaign won't let me contribute any more money :(

If they wont let you, does that mean you hit the $2300? :) Congrats to you!

Yes everyone, we need to just focus on the 16th. Thats only 2 weeks away from now and it has to be bigger than Nov 5. Please everyone we dont need these minibombs especially this close to the teaparty. We're almost near our goal for the quarter and we're only 3/4 through the current bomb so right now money is good and the the 16th will bring double what we make in publicity. Stay focused people. :)