PDA

View Full Version : I found a Ron Paul supporter at work.

Matthew Zak
11-30-2007, 01:09 PM
An African American woman in her late 40's - early 50's. I can't remember her name right now because I was too excited about our conversation to focus on that. I knew from the moment we sat down to chat that I was going to somehow bring up Ron Paul, so I carefully steered our conversation from random work related things, to Television, to the Media, and then of course to Politics. SHE was the first one to bring up the constitution, and when I heard that word come out of her mouth I dropped the "Paul" bomb on her and she smiled, and nodded. She honestly believes that he will get the nomination.

What are the chances that the ONLY person I dare talk politics to at work not only likes Ron Paul, but believes he'll win? Statistically that's really improbable -- UNLESS he's got more supporters than any of us are even aware of. Perhaps it was just a lucky exchange, but it's a very, very encouraging one, none the less.

Lord Xar
11-30-2007, 01:11 PM
cool . . . same with me - 2 are with me on my floor that i know of.

freedominnumbers
11-30-2007, 01:13 PM
Wow. It's amazing isn't it?

Just yesterday I was talking politics with a guy and his manager came over and says he campaigned for Paul in his younger days back when he lived in Texas. Totally unexpected and very nice to hear.

Petar
11-30-2007, 01:13 PM
wow, from where I sit, the corporate workplace looks like 1984...were you able to make sure that Big Brother wasn't watching?

Matthew Zak
11-30-2007, 01:14 PM
wow, from where I sit, the corporate workplace looks like 1984...were you able to make sure that Big Brother wasn't watching?

Yeah I was doing a charter. I work for a school bus company so me and some other bus drivers ended up at a community center. We chatted over hot chocolate. It was a great conversation. :) I got paid for it. Some times I like my job.

troyd1
11-30-2007, 01:38 PM
There are closet Ron Paul supporters coming out of the woodwork.

kylejack
11-30-2007, 01:42 PM
He's........

PrimarilyPaul
11-30-2007, 01:44 PM
Did you tell her to register as Republican so she can vote in the primaries?

angelatc
11-30-2007, 01:46 PM
My husband had a guy at work approach him the day after the debate, and ask him "who was that old guy that wants to end the war?" :)

Always have slim jims, people!!!

kylejack
11-30-2007, 01:48 PM
He's........

Come on, help me out here.

Syren123
11-30-2007, 01:49 PM
WOOHOO!!

My chiropractor/trainer asked me about him this morning and I had a high-five on the freeway on the way to work, which has never happened before.

I love this.

mavtek
11-30-2007, 01:50 PM
Catching on, I'm telling ya!

john_anderson_ii
11-30-2007, 01:51 PM
The only thing better than finding a Ron Paul supporter at work is making one. :D

majinkoola
11-30-2007, 01:59 PM
The only thing better than finding a Ron Paul supporter at work is making one. :D

Yep. Someone in one of my big lecture classes saw my Ron Paul button today and revealed that he and his family, except for his mom, were voting for RP. So I was feeling pretty good.

Then I went to another class and got into a discussion about the youtube debate. The guy said he liked RP way more than the other republicans but was pro-abortion and was thinking about voting for Obama. So I explained that RP would just return abortion legislation to the states. Then I explained how Dr. Paul would help our economy so much. He said, "Yeah, I think I'll vote for Paul."

The best part about that? He was from Iowa.

EvilTwinkie
11-30-2007, 02:05 PM
There just arent many political signs around Los Angeles. I was quite overjoyed to pull off the 101 freeway this morning by NBC studios only to be greeted by a large Ron Paul sign. Of course I have my Ron Paul bumper stickers on the back of my PT Cruiser, but I had nothing to do with the sign. I wondered If the traffic behind me noticed. I mean it seems like a double whammy when there are no signs anywhere but you exit the freeway to see both a bumpersticker and a sign for one guy at the same red light. Its got to make you raise an eyebrow.

Syren123
11-30-2007, 02:06 PM
There just arent many political signs around Los Angeles. I was quite overjoyed to pull off the 101 freeway this morning by NBC studios only to be greeted by a large Ron Paul sign. Of course I have my Ron Paul bumper stickers on the back of my PT Cruiser, but I had nothing to do with the sign. I wondered If the traffic behind me noticed. I mean it seems like a double whammy when there are no signs anywhere but you exit the freeway to see both a bumpersticker and a sign for one guy at the same red light. Its got to make you raise an eyebrow.

ME TOO! At the bottom of the offramp! There's also one on the Lankershim offramp - a nice big blue one.

The North Hollywood meetups are on fire, I tell you.

RonPaulJunkie
11-30-2007, 02:13 PM
crazy! I just had this happen to me. I had taken a printscreen of my donation today. A cowoker came over and had some questions and i still had the printscreen open in photoshop, I quickly tried to close it and he said "whoa! I like Ron Paul". Freaked me out because I never would have known.

Lesson: Don't be ashamed of Ron even at work :)

tony
11-30-2007, 02:59 PM
Friday's are dress casual day for us. Today I'm wearing a Ron Paul for President tshirt and found that one of the managers is a big fan of Ron Paul.

He noted he switched from independant to Republican just to vote for him in the primaries! I ended up blowing through my lunch break talking Ron with him.

As a side note, we work on an army base, and he's fully aware that a vote for Ron Paul is a vote to do away with most federal spending. He was just so fed up with the major parties.

Matthew Zak
11-30-2007, 03:05 PM
"Are you a closet ron paul supporter? Do you find yourself quietly, inconspicuously muttering words such as liberty and revolution? Have you on more than one occasion felt compelled to shout your support for Ron Paul from the rooftops, choosing not to out of fear of publican condemnation? Do you sometimes wish you lived in a world where it wasn't considered weird crazy to support a candidate who strays from the typical course? It's time to come out of the closet, and help those who already have to create such a world. This is YOUR world. Fear NOTHING."

I would like to hear something like this by a good voice over personality.

Adamsa
11-30-2007, 03:06 PM
He's catchin' on!

YEAH!

Aballistar
11-30-2007, 03:09 PM
I rub shoulders daily with aproximately 50 Air Force officers... mostly majors and captains. I pimp Ron Paul every chance I get... they are very receptive.

honkywill
11-30-2007, 03:19 PM
He's........

CATCHIN' ON!

JenHarris
11-30-2007, 03:24 PM
A while back I sent some of the good Ron Paul video links to a friend and said that I was working with our local meetup to get him elected. I've touched base a couple of times, but she kept saying it was too soon to really get into politics. Today someone had posted about the most important poll, and when i clicked the link I saw that the their switch party deadline is the 5th of December.

I gave her a call to tell her time was up and if she was going to support Ron Paul she had to switch parties (independent) and she said that she and her husband would do it, because they do like him better than anyone else. So that's two more votes :)

Corydoras
11-30-2007, 10:47 PM
There's a very quiet woman who is in the same office with the biggest other Ron Paul supporter I know at work, so she has heard our discussions. She never said much except that she kept getting Ron Paul lit in the mail, which really surprised me because I never do. Then today we were in the one room at work where we could be assured of not being overheard, and she told me she likes Ron Paul but had reservations about his pro-life stance. I explained to her about returning it to the states and it seemed to satisfy her. Then she asked why people think he's crazy. I told her that I think it's because he has sensible ideas about money that are so different from the hot air that other candidates emit because they're afraid and he's not. I talked about the national debt and exchange rates and how the other candidates will not address these issues. I told her to ask me further questions any time.

I think she's going to vote for him.

MikeStanart
11-30-2007, 10:55 PM
I was talking with my manager; who brought up the topic of politics....since I'm quitting to return to school to pursue my Poli-Sci Degree.....

----And he asked me if I was a Republican.----

Me: Yes

Him: (With an ugly look on his face) Oh, so you believe in yadda yadda yadda

Me: No, I'm not like most Republicans. I'm a Constitutional Republican.

Him: Who are you supporting for President?

Me: Ron Paul

Him: (His Eyes instantly lit up, and we started talking for a while)

Granted; bad news is; he's a Kucinich supporter. But he said out of both Parties; he would love to see either Paul or Kucinich Win the Presidency.

Even though he's on the other side of the fence; We still share some basic ideas. (Iraq, Government Corruption)

gerryb
11-30-2007, 11:15 PM
I was talking with my manager; who brought up the topic of politics....since I'm quitting to return to school to pursue my Poli-Sci Degree.....

----And he asked me if I was a Republican.----

Me: Yes

Him: (With an ugly look on his face) Oh, so you believe in yadda yadda yadda

Me: No, I'm not like most Republicans. I'm a Constitutional Republican.

Him: Who are you supporting for President?

Me: Ron Paul

Him: (His Eyes instantly lit up, and we started talking for a while)

You are like most republicans. Just not the ones who currently hold office. The NeoCons are not true republicans.. thus the "Neo" =)