PDA

View Full Version : Nov 5th pledges x 250 = amount raised, Nov 30th pledges x ??? = amount raised

Mental Dribble
11-30-2007, 12:37 PM
If we get the same ratio of donations to pledges that we received on Nov 5th we should bring in roughly 500k.

I think we will beat this by a little bit, but I dont think 2.5 is realistic. If we dont set realistic goals people will see the event as a failure no matter how well we actually do.

You have to manage expectations to be effective.

Sematary
11-30-2007, 12:38 PM
If we get the same ratio of donations to pledges that we received on Nov 5th we should bring in roughly 500k.

I think we will beat this by a little bit, but I dont think 2.5 is realistic. If we dont set realistic goals people will see the event as a failure no matter how well we actually do.

You have to manage expectations to be effective.

That was pretty much the math I used but for those who want a BIGGER day, they need to hit the meetup organizers in the biggest meetups in the country and they need to do it now.

ClayTrainor
11-30-2007, 12:39 PM
There is another bomb within this money bomb coming in at 8-9... that will throw projections way off im guessing.

jake
11-30-2007, 12:43 PM
There is another bomb within this money bomb coming in at 8-9... that will throw projections way off im guessing.

how widespread knowledge is this though?

Mental Dribble
11-30-2007, 12:45 PM
Do you have the link for that?

mkrfctr
11-30-2007, 12:49 PM
ya 550 - 650k is reasonable - the campaign was right to set the goal at beating the Q3 numbers of everyone else - the 12mil is an arbitrary goal, and was for the entire 3 months - would be pretty excessive to beat that already

Mental Dribble
11-30-2007, 01:06 PM
Yea, agreed. But of course the campaign and the grassroots are not working together very smoothly so we have overlapped. Most of the news stories are talking about raising 2.5 which sadly doesn't look like its going to happen. However.... I still think this is a great achievement, but we need to manage peoples expectations, less they be disappointed.

troyd1
11-30-2007, 01:32 PM
I heard there is also a money bomb from 7-8est. I think we may get close to 1 million before it is all said and done. The nuke is coming in about 2 weeks.