03-13-2014, 05:00 PM
https://twitter.com/sppeoples/status/444216169139273728

Hyperion
03-13-2014, 05:01 PM
Is there anyone better running in NH?

RonPaulFanInGA
03-13-2014, 05:03 PM
Is there anyone better running in NH?

Kelly Ayotte and Scott Brown: your liberty delegation from New Hampshire.

RandallFan
03-13-2014, 05:05 PM
Bob Smith is better. Last poll I saw was Brown 53-29 beating Smith.

I think Scott Brown should have waited and primaried Kelly Ayotte in 2016 on amnesty. He would win over a lot of conservatives if he pulled off a stunt like that.

Unfortunately Scott Brown is better than Kelly Ayotte on amnesty and taking orders from McCain so he will have some backing amongst Republicans. All this amnesty BS that has been is making the fiscal liberal pro border Scott Brown RINOs of the world become formidable.

Howie Carr also supports Scott Brown. Steve Deace hosted Howie Carr's show recently.

TaftFan
03-13-2014, 07:28 PM
He shouldn't have denied it over and over. So annoying.

eduardo89
03-13-2014, 09:49 PM
Did Scott Brown move to NH as part of the Free State Project?

TomtheTinker
03-13-2014, 11:40 PM
this sucks..why can't NH get in a decent candidate for senate? Hell I don't even bother asking for a good one..just decent.

oyarde
03-14-2014, 12:03 AM
That whackadoodle Shaheen probably rates in the worst top 25 or so .

Bastiat's The Law
03-14-2014, 12:12 AM
NH disappoints.

nobody's_hero
03-14-2014, 12:35 AM
Are we talking about THE Scott Brown?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDcxIMYIUGQ

Man I been telling y'all in the FSP that the only problem with the FSP is you picked a state too f'ing close to Massachusetts. Next time try Hawaii or Alaska.

Keith and stuff
03-14-2014, 12:37 AM
Did Scott Brown move to NH as part of the Free State Project?

He was born here, unfortunately :(

Keith and stuff
03-14-2014, 12:43 AM
Scott Brown is considering running. Right now there are 3 candidates in the race.

-Bob Smith. He was the most pro-liberty US Senator in the nation when he was in the Senate. He was about at the same level on the issues as Ted Cruz back then. He is more pro-liberty now, though. He is similar to Mike Lee.

-Jim Rubens. He is a very independent think. He has libertarians and moderates backing him. The only things he is consistent on are being an independent thinker and thinking outside of the box.

-Karen Testerman. She is known mostly for her strong support for social conservative issues. However, she is also extremely fiscally conservative (just like Bob Smith). In a socially liberal state like NH, she has no chance in any primary.

I like Bob Smith because he is a libertarian and I like Jim Rubens because he is an independent thinker. If either of them wins the primary, I'll gladly put a large sign on my front yard and be excited to vote for them in the general election.

So yes, we do have a liberty Republican choice in this election in New Hampshire.

Keith and stuff
03-14-2014, 12:43 AM
NH disappoints.

You don't like that liberty Republican Bob Smith is running? Why not?

It is easier to run for office in NH than any other state. I like that. Power to the people. I guess everyone doesn't like how free our system is. For example, my friend, a 3 term elected liberty Democrat only hard to get 5 signatures to run for NH State rep. No money. No endorsements. No fuss!

RandallFan
03-14-2014, 05:37 PM
Media Matters claims that Scott Brown was holding out and keeping his Fox gig so he could promote his campaign to Fox's audience for the longest time possible before officially running.

MichaelDavis
03-14-2014, 06:41 PM
You don't like that liberty Republican Bob Smith is running? Why not?

It is easier to run for office in NH than any other state. I like that. Power to the people. I guess everyone doesn't like how free our system is. For example, my friend, a 3 term elected liberty Democrat only hard to get 5 signatures to run for NH State rep. No money. No endorsements. No fuss!

Liberty "Republican" my ass. Former GOP Sen. Bob Smith endorses Kerry:

"As someone who worked with you daily for 12 years as a United States Senator, I am acutely conscious of the fact that we disagree on many important issues. Despite our differences, you have always been willing to engage in constructive debate in an effort to forge sound public policy.

I deeply respect your commitment to our nation and your patriotism which, I believe, was forged when you-like I-proudly wore the uniform of the United States Navy in Viet Nam...

Because of the courage and character you demonstrated in Vietnam, I believe you when you say that you'll do a better job than President Bush to win the peace in Iraq, as well as to win the war against terrorism.

President Bush has failed to restrain federal spending, sending our deficit spinning into the stratosphere. I well remember that you were one of a handful of Democrats who crossed the aisle to forge a bipartisan coalition in the Senate to balance the federal budget [...]

John, for each of these reasons I believe President Bush has failed our country and my party. Accordingly, I want you to know that when I go into the booth next Tuesday I am going to cast my vote for you. So will my wife, Mary Jo, and all three of my children: Jason, Bobby and Jenny.

Moreover, I will do all that I can to encourage my friends in New Hampshire and Florida to join me in supporting you."

http://images.dailykos.com/images/user/3/102904_smith_letter.pdf

Warlord
03-14-2014, 07:33 PM
NH SUCKS

Anti Federalist
03-14-2014, 07:37 PM
Anybody would be an improvement over the two now.

I'll be supporting Bob Smith.

TaftFan
03-14-2014, 07:41 PM

"As someone who worked with you daily for 12 years as a United States Senator, I am acutely conscious of the fact that we disagree on many important issues. Despite our differences, you have always been willing to engage in constructive debate in an effort to forge sound public policy.

I deeply respect your commitment to our nation and your patriotism which, I believe, was forged when you-like I-proudly wore the uniform of the United States Navy in Viet Nam...

Because of the courage and character you demonstrated in Vietnam, I believe you when you say that you'll do a better job than President Bush to win the peace in Iraq, as well as to win the war against terrorism.

President Bush has failed to restrain federal spending, sending our deficit spinning into the stratosphere. I well remember that you were one of a handful of Democrats who crossed the aisle to forge a bipartisan coalition in the Senate to balance the federal budget [...]

John, for each of these reasons I believe President Bush has failed our country and my party. Accordingly, I want you to know that when I go into the booth next Tuesday I am going to cast my vote for you. So will my wife, Mary Jo, and all three of my children: Jason, Bobby and Jenny.

Moreover, I will do all that I can to encourage my friends in New Hampshire and Florida to join me in supporting you."

http://images.dailykos.com/images/user/3/102904_smith_letter.pdf

And Daniel Hannan endorsed Barack Obama. They both realize they made the mistake of believing that who they endorsed would stop the crazy foreign policy.

Smith has a stellar record in the Senate and as an activist from his defeat until the present.

Keith and stuff
03-15-2014, 08:09 PM

Didn't he drop out of the GOP and join the Taxpayer Party (now the Constitution Party)? I'm pretty sure the national GOP establishment fought in over that he liberty Republicans were few and far between back then so he lost the fight. He got really made and endorsed Kerry. I don't know if Kerry would have been worse than Bush. Anyway, yeah, he was the Rand Paul of his day in that he was the least bad Senator in the nation. Though, he wasn't as decent as Rand Paul on the issues, it's just that there was so much suck in the Senate back them. He now sounds better on the issues, especially after the NSA spying stuff and so on. Yeah, he's a liberty Republican. Sorry if you don't like that. It's cool :)

Keith and stuff
03-15-2014, 08:13 PM
NH SUCKS

Because the liberty folks cannot decide between the 3 Republican candidates and the 4th person, a potential candidate named Scott Brown? I can see reasons why liberty Republicans would endorse any of the candidates. Lots of possibilities. Though, national Republicans from NV, TX, CA, NY, PA, FL, MA, NJ, OH and so on might throw a lot of money behind Brown in the primaries because he does the best in the polling. I could even see Club for Growth endorsing him since they endorsed neocon Cotton in AR. A lot of the national Republican establishment just wants to win the US Senate.

Anyway, state level politics is where it's at, IMO :)