PDA

View Full Version : Researchers Spot Medical Conditions, Guns, and More In Phone Metadata

DamianTV
03-13-2014, 04:12 PM
http://news.slashdot.org/story/14/03/13/0133223/stanford-researchers-spot-medical-conditions-guns-and-more-in-phone-metadata

"Since the NSA's phone metadata program broke last summer, politicians have trivialized the privacy implications. It's 'just metadata,' Dianne Feinstein and others have repeatedly emphasized. That view is no longer tenable: Stanford researchers crowdsourced phone metadata from real users, and easily identified calls to 'Alcoholics Anonymous, gun stores, NARAL Pro-Choice, labor unions, divorce lawyers, sexually transmitted disease clinics, a Canadian import pharmacy, strip clubs, and much more.' Looking at patterns in call metadata, they correctly diagnosed a cardiac condition and outed an assault rifle owner. 'Reasonable minds can disagree about the policy and legal constraints,' the authors conclude. 'The science, however, is clear: phone metadata is highly sensitive.'"

Now do you have something worth hiding?

Uriel999
03-13-2014, 04:19 PM
My privacy is always worth it. And screw the NSA pricks. Every one of them should be hung for treason. Oh and here is the best part...I am using my phone as a hotspot to type this.

enhanced_deficit
03-14-2014, 08:13 PM
Freedom.. err Privacy on the March...