PDA

View Full Version : The TeaParty07.com hosting thread.. please make offers

SwordOfShannarah
11-30-2007, 12:14 PM
Hey all- I thought I was going to be able to pull TeaParty07.com over to the RonPaulBlimp.com dedicated host but lawyers have advised us we cannot.

I know a lot of people have offered hosting and it is appreciated. It's time to take up an offer. Please use this thread to post what you've got (if you want to host the site) and please post any Ron Paul references you may have. i.e. I know so and so from RonPaulRadio.com, or Lew Rockwell, etc. I cannot give a site over to someone who isn't known to be a Ron Paul supporter, have some kind of credible reference, etc and I'm sure you all understand that.

The current problems with TeaParty07.com are due to too many concurrent users, so your site should be able to handle thousands without a problem

Thank you very much! (Please - hosting offers only- other posts will only make it harder to find good info and will have to be flagged). I'm looking forward to taking care of this situation once and for all (as are all of you I'm sure!)

jcims
11-30-2007, 12:19 PM
I talked to RackSpace about this very issue. It would run almost $600 a month to use one of their dedicated servers, but it doesn't get much better than that.

Assuming that's a bust :rolleyes: I would highly recommend that we get more than one host up and running...there is no good reason we can't load balance this a bit... The form post goes to feedburner...the other hosts could either mirror off the main site or calculate the counter and/or pledge stats on their own.

KewlRonduderules
11-30-2007, 12:20 PM
We definitely need a huge server for the teaparty07.com moneybomb.

In the meantime, is there a way to have a message on there that reads 'server too busy please click refresh to reload'?

fireinme
11-30-2007, 12:25 PM
add to the message a link to ronpaulsteaparty.com?

jcims
11-30-2007, 12:28 PM
I can walk whoever runs the Teaparty07.com DNS setup through reducing the SOA...i've got a gotomeeting account and we can just do it live. If that isn't done, the next move is going to be as problematic as the last.

nathanielyao
11-30-2007, 12:53 PM
bump

jcims
11-30-2007, 12:57 PM
Can Trevor or Nathaniel post some hit/bandwidth stats?

mkrfctr
11-30-2007, 12:57 PM
For a singular event, pay the money to go with a reputable host who does managed servers that can do quick setup, and help you with issues - rackspace is one of them $600 is not a big deal for the size of the event and the criticalness of the service

and that page is about the simplest site it could be, that thing should be flying out the tubes - it's nearly all static, lighttp running on any dedicated box should have no real issues with a static site like that really

but the size, dear god, Total 211 KB (223 KB uncompressed) for a static site ?! that thing should be under 60KB, 120KB at the most

Edit: no sorry, way worse than that, that was just because the server was so crap it didn't load everything here's the size ... Total 409 KB (453 KB uncompressed) - that's just bloody fucking wow

mkrfctr
11-30-2007, 12:58 PM
and yes for the love of RP lower that TTL on the DNS records NOW, as low as it will go - heck it's not like its your DNS server to worry about ;-)

Ack
11-30-2007, 01:05 PM
Use www.nexcess.net . They're a quality company with a great reputation. They've kept up our sites (1.5 million+ pageviews per day) without any problems whatsoever.) They're great about being proactive and solving problems -- they won't jerk you around and waste time like Godaddy. Contact Nexcess, ask for Chris Wells, explain the situation and the criticalness of the site, and they'll get you taken care of. They'll even help with setting the TTL and doing the move with as little disruption as possible.

Ack
11-30-2007, 01:20 PM
Also, if you could post as much info as possible about the site's daily pageviews, bandwidth use, etc. I can see what I can do about possibly covering the costs myself or getting the hosting as a donation.

ronpaul.in
11-30-2007, 02:33 PM
My good friend who owns MADE2OWN.COM hosting (in business for 10+ years) is a Ron Paul supporter, I contacted him and he told me he would be willing to host the site.

I have PM'ed you his contact information

Lord Xar
11-30-2007, 03:31 PM
"can't the server throw a more" informative message, than "service unavailable".

such as..

"Too many connections, please go to this alternate site: etc... "

Made2Own
12-01-2007, 11:57 AM
I left you a voice mail. If you're still looking my contact info is below.

Rick James
Director - Made2Own Advanced Hosting Solutions, Inc.
http://www.made2own.com
1203 Governors Square Blvd, Suite 101
Tallahassee, Florida 32301-2960
E-Mail - support@made2own.com
Telephone - (866) 568-6502