PDA

View Full Version : Sheila Jackson Lee: US Has Been Operating Under Constitution for 400 Years

Origanalist
03-12-2014, 07:37 PM
Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX) either misspoke or showed her historical ignorance in a speech on the House floor when she declared that United States has been operating under our Constitution for 400 years...

video at link........http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2014/03/12/Sheila-Jackson-Lee-US-Has-Been-Operating-Under-Constitution-for-400-Years

JK/SEA
03-12-2014, 07:48 PM
close enough.

:rolleyes:

Origanalist
03-12-2014, 08:18 PM
close enough.

:rolleyes:

Math is hard.

Thor
03-12-2014, 08:32 PM
Committee assignments

Committee on Homeland Security

Subcommittee on Counterterrorism and Intelligence
Subcommittee on Transportation Security (Ranking Member)

Committee on the Judiciary

Subcommittee on Intellectual Property, Competition, and the Internet
Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security
Subcommittee on Immigration Policy and Enforcement

Yee Haw! I feel safer already!

Let's give her moar power...

Spikender
03-12-2014, 08:51 PM
We haven't been operating under shit for the past 200 and some change years. If she honestly thinks our country today is a product of operating under the Constitution, she doesn't know anything about the document.

Intoxiklown
03-12-2014, 09:19 PM
Without looking up anything about her, I bet she is black, yes?

I say that because of the "400 years of slavery!" line I hear people talk about what they are owed. Which, granted, I am not an expert on the history of slavery, but I was unaware of settlers utilizing huge slave trade to settle America in the 1600s.

Ender
03-12-2014, 09:24 PM
Wha....?

2young2vote
03-12-2014, 09:51 PM
Well, if we had socialized schools then she would have received a good and equal education.

donnay
03-12-2014, 11:05 PM
Sheila Jackson is dumber than a box of rocks.

Spikender
03-12-2014, 11:52 PM

I say that because of the "400 years of slavery!" line I hear people talk about what they are owed. Which, granted, I am not an expert on the history of slavery, but I was unaware of settlers utilizing huge slave trade to settle America in the 1600s.

She is black, yes.

Unfortunately for her, stupid knows no specific race.

Mani
03-13-2014, 12:14 AM
Yee Haw! I feel safer already!

Let's give her moar power...

Well that fucking explains a lot. With stupid fucks like that on Terrorism committees, all anyone has to says is, "We need this because we saw a TERRORIST!!! OOOOOHHH! BOOGEY MAN!!! UGA BUGA coming to get you!!!"

and idiots like this will line up and say, "OH MY GOD! DO IT! GIVE THEM WHATEVER THEY NEED! KEEP US SAFE!!"

oyarde
03-13-2014, 01:08 AM
Typical .

anaconda
03-13-2014, 01:22 AM
The Constitution: Going strong since 1614!

Weston White
03-13-2014, 01:34 AM
She is an absolutely clueless individual, so who honesty cares what she believes, says, or thinks? ...Err, so long long as she does not do it or act upon it while serving under public office:

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, a Democrat from Texas, said on Tuesday afternoon that repealing the national health care law would violate the Constitution.

Arguing that the Commerce Clause provides the constitutional basis for ObamaCare, Jackson Lee said repealing the law by passing Republicans' H.R. 2 violates both the Fifth Amendment's right to due process and the Fourteenth Amendment's equal protection clause.

http://nation.foxnews.com/health-care/2011/01/19/sheila-jackson-lee-d-says-repealing-obamacare-unconstitutional

anaconda
03-13-2014, 02:29 AM
Rumor has it she is a bad boss:

http://www.examiner.com/article/sheila-jackson-lee-congressional-boss-from-hell

Philhelm
03-13-2014, 04:54 AM
I think what bothers me the most is the knowledge that she has a higher income than most, if not all, of us. Some of these people are so fucking stupid that I want to throw a hundred kittens from atop the peak of Mount Everest just to blow off some steam. What's worse, is that she is, in all probability, of above-average intelligence...

Spikender
03-13-2014, 05:16 AM
I think what bothers me the most is the knowledge that she has a higher income than most, if not all, of us. Some of these people are so fucking stupid that I want to throw a hundred kittens from atop the peak of Mount Everest just to blow off some steam. What's worse, is that she is, in all probability, of above-average intelligence...

Slick speaking skills and charismatic most likely. She might have some pockets of intelligence in some areas, but I'm sure it was all charisma and who she knew that carried her up.

Danke
03-13-2014, 05:40 AM
Sheila Jackson is dumber than a box of rocks.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/2011/dgreenfield/sheila-jackson-lee-racist-and-moron/

Danke
03-13-2014, 05:41 AM
Sheila Jackson Lee Quotes
“Maybe I should offer a good thanks to the distinguished members of the majority, the Republicans, my chairman and others, for giving us an opportunity to have a deliberative constitutional discussion that reinforces the sanctity of this nation and how well it is that we have lasted some 400 years, operating under a constitution that clearly defines what is constitutional and what is not.”
Sheila Jackson Lee, March 12, 2014 Audio and/or video clip available

“I believe this caucus will put us on the right path and we’ll give President Obama a number of executive orders that he can sign with pride and strength.”
Sheila Jackson Lee, January 29, 2014

“In fact, I think that should be our number one agenda. Let’s write up these executive orders, draft them of course - and ask the president to stand with us on full employment.”
Sheila Jackson Lee, January 29, 2014

“Maybe the word welfare should be changed to something of, 'a transitional living fund.' For that is what it is -- for people to be able to live.”
Sheila Jackson Lee, January 8, 2014

“Let us vote to provide for unemployment insurance for working men and women so that faces across America will not have the tear of desperation on their faces.”
Sheila Jackson Lee, December 12, 2013

“We have martial law. What that means – and my colleagues know what it means – is that you can put a bill on in just minutes.”
Sheila Jackson Lee, October 7, 2013 Audio and/or video clip available

“And God knows the tragedy of this poor person that came on the Hill in a black car. No one knows what drive this person to do this, but what I would say to you is, let's get our wheels back on, serve the American people, bring them back, vote for a bill today that will open the government.”
Sheila Jackson Lee, October 3, 2013 Audio and/or video clip available

“And what the President was doing, as he expressed from his heart, is to respond to the tragedy and the heeneousness of gassing children and using chemical weapons that went beyond the international convention of using chemical weapons.”
Sheila Jackson Lee, September 10, 2013 Audio and/or video clip available

“Don’t condemn the gangbangers, they’ve got guns that are trafficked, that are not enforced, that are straw purchased and they come into places even that have strong gun laws. Why? Because we don’t have sensible gun legislation.”
Sheila Jackson Lee, April 9, 2013 Audio and/or video clip available

“I stand here as a freed slave because this Congress came together.”
Sheila Jackson Lee, February 13, 2013

“I don't give a damn about her disability.”
Sheila Jackson Lee, August 6, 2010

“And I want to say to my colleagues that I stand here asking us to do what we did not do in Vietnam. Was to recognize the valiant and outstanding service of our men and women. And to understand that victory had been achieved. Today we have two Vietnams, side by side, North and South, exchanging and working. We may not agree with all North Vietnam is doing, but they are living in peace. I would look for better human rights record for North Vietnam, but they're living side by side. Because that was a civil war. And because the leadership of this nation did not listen to the mothers and fathers who borned the burden of 58,000 dead and did not declare victory, the mounting death, the violence continued going up and up. Rather than understanding the political nature of the war in Vietnam, we did not listen to those families.”
Sheila Jackson Lee, July 15, 2010 Audio and/or video clip available

“[I]t should not take 10 years to get them done.”
Sheila Jackson Lee, April 26, 2010

“I don’t care anything about your disability.”
Sheila Jackson Lee, 2010

“I’m Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee! Who do you think you are?”
Sheila Jackson Lee, 2008

“You don't understand. I am a queen, and I demand to be treated like a queen.”
Sheila Jackson Lee, March 1998

“Don't you know who I am? I'm Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee. Where is my seafood meal? I know it was ordered.”
Sheila Jackson Lee, 1998

“You stupid motherf*cker.”
Sheila Jackson Lee, Unknown Date

“What? What did you say to me? Who are you, the Congresswoman? You haven’t been elected. You don’t set up meetings with me! I tell you! You know what? You are the most unprofessional person I have ever met in my life.”

“What am I a prostitute? Am I your prostitute? You can’t prostitute me.”

Spikender
03-13-2014, 05:45 AM
Sheila Jackson Lee Quotes“We have martial law. What that means – and my colleagues know what it means – is that you can put a bill on in just minutes.”
Sheila Jackson Lee, October 7, 2013 Audio and/or video clip available

“Don’t condemn the gangbangers, they’ve got guns that are trafficked, that are not enforced, that are straw purchased and they come into places even that have strong gun laws. Why? Because we don’t have sensible gun legislation.”
Sheila Jackson Lee, April 9, 2013 Audio and/or video clip available

My two favorite Jackson quotes.

"Favorite".

Origanalist
03-13-2014, 05:46 AM

In relation to .......?

tod evans
03-13-2014, 06:03 AM
Math is hard.

The ol' bat's older than I am and I remember the centennial celebration in 1976 quite vividly...(technicolor even):p

NorthCarolinaLiberty
03-13-2014, 06:05 AM
In relation to .......?

That box of rocks.

tod evans
03-13-2014, 06:06 AM
In relation to .......?

Her constituents that keep electing her......

mrsat_98
03-13-2014, 06:07 AM
We haven't been operating under shit for the past 200 and some change years. If she honestly thinks our country today is a product of operating under the Constitution, she doesn't know anything about the document.

Hey dude, there is a frickin emergency that justifies every last bit of this $hit we endure, and don't you forget it.:mad:

Origanalist
03-13-2014, 06:08 AM
Her constituents that keep electing her......

Ok, I stand corrected.

Origanalist
03-13-2014, 06:08 AM
The ol' bat's older than I am and I remember the centennial celebration in 1976 quite vividly...(technicolor even):p

Naturally, or man made technicolor?

tod evans
03-13-2014, 06:28 AM
Naturally, or man made technicolor?

At this point I don't remember...:o

At that point in time it could have been either.......

Valli6
03-13-2014, 09:03 AM
Same here. All the red, white and blue painted fire hydrants could not be missed!
But somewhere, somehow, this woman remembers a tricentennial and quadricentennial too.

http://www.firehydrant.org/pictures/i/0279.jpg http://media-cache-cd0.pinimg.com/236x/63/2f/a2/632fa2465ea9f19c6cc5758b34e491e8.jpg http://www.firehydrant.org/pictures/i/0280.jpg http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/92/f1/b2/92f1b2b5324fa60e59955d27dcb90809.jpg

donnay
03-13-2014, 09:04 AM
http://www.frontpagemag.com/2011/dgreenfield/sheila-jackson-lee-racist-and-moron/

I like their version better. LOL!

“dumber than a bunch of rocks caught in the hubcaps of a slow bus going the wrong way on a one way street in the middle of a flood.”

cajuncocoa
03-13-2014, 09:07 AM
SJL is useful only for the entertainment value she provides. But then, you realize she's a member of Congress, making laws and being paid with our money. No so entertaining anymore.

JK/SEA
03-13-2014, 09:17 AM
i like what she does with her hair....

oyarde
03-13-2014, 09:23 AM
In relation to .......?

An earthworm.

Spikender
03-13-2014, 09:37 AM
Hey dude, there is a frickin emergency that justifies every last bit of this $hit we endure, and don't you forget it.:mad:

Never let a crisis go to motherfucking waste.

And unfortunately for us, they never do.

Ronin Truth
03-13-2014, 09:59 AM
The folks that keep on reelecting her, term after term after term, seem not to care too much that she's an idiot.

HOLLYWOOD
03-13-2014, 10:03 AM
A Congresswoman called for hurricanes to be given African-American names
http://www.snopes.com/racial/language/hurricane.asp

July 2003, Texas representative Sheila Jackson Lee (http://www.jacksonlee.house.gov/) (a member of the NAACP and the Congressional Black Caucus, and an ardent supporter of the civil rights leadership) criticized the weather establishment for its selection of names with which to christen hurricanes, stating that "All racial groups should be represented."

Well, it appears our African American friends have found something else to be pissed about. A black congresswoman (this would be Sheila Jackson Lee, of Houston) reportedly complained that the names of hurricanes are all Caucasian-sounding names.

She would prefer some names that reflect African-American culture such as Chamiqua, Woeisha, and Jamal. I can hear it now: A black weatherman in Houston saying ...

"Wordup, Muthas! Herr-i-cane Chamiqua be headin' fo' Galveston like Leroy on a crotch rocket! Bitch be a category fo'! So, turn off dem chitlins, grab yo' chirren, leave yo crib, and head fo' de nearest FEMA office fo yo FREE shit!"

Spikender
03-13-2014, 10:05 AM
The folks that keep on reelecting her, term after term after term, seem not to care too much that she's an idiot.

Trust me, they only see the D and then check the box.

The average person knows nothing about the people that run their local, state or even federal government.

The worst about this all is that it isn't shocking to me and probably isn't shocking to you either.

oyarde
03-13-2014, 10:09 AM
Trust me, they only see the D and then check the box.

The average person knows nothing about the people that run their local, state or even federal government.

The worst about this all is that it isn't shocking to me and probably isn't shocking to you either.
D is the welfare vote .They start with about 50 % nationally , much greater in large cities . There are more people getting shit than there are paying for it.......

jkr
03-13-2014, 10:11 AM
give that LUCY a raise!
she sho has earned it...

brushfire
03-13-2014, 10:12 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-NdjxXc2Aogs/UfKHU1e0q7I/AAAAAAAAuuE/yAceder9GCM/s1600/sheila-jackson-lee.jpg

Spikender
03-13-2014, 10:14 AM
D is the welfare vote .They start with about 50 % nationally , much greater in large cities . There are more people getting shit than there are paying for it.......

Oh yes, believe me, I know.

I lived and still live in the city of Richmond. That's just how most city folks vote. Well, except for me I guess. But I'm the exception, not the rule.

FloralScent
03-13-2014, 10:53 AM
Slick speaking skills and charismatic most likely. She might have some pockets of intelligence in some areas, but I'm sure it was all charisma and who she knew that carried her up.

Also known as gerrymandering.

angelatc
03-13-2014, 11:56 AM
And her supporters call Sarah Palin an idiot.

cajuncocoa
03-13-2014, 12:06 PM
And her supporters call Sarah Palin an idiot.
Just because SJL is an idiot doesn't mean SP can't be one too.

enhanced_deficit
03-13-2014, 12:47 PM
Sheila Jackson Lee Quotes

“What am I a prostitute? Am I your prostitute? You can’t prostitute me.”

Did she really claim that?

http://www.aipac.org/statementsofsupport

youngbuck
03-13-2014, 01:10 PM

Yep, I was able to infer the same conclusion. 400 years this, 400 years that, STFU.

Danke
03-13-2014, 01:21 PM
Did she really claim that?

http://www.aipac.org/statementsofsupport

http://dailycaller.com/2011/03/02/congressional-bosses-from-hell-sheila-jackson-lee/

Thor
03-13-2014, 02:05 PM
http://dailycaller.com/2011/03/02/congressional-bosses-from-hell-sheila-jackson-lee/

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
http://hipiseverything.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/bat-shit-crazy-by-hip-is-everything2.jpg

So glad that ^, is doing this:

Committee assignments

Committee on Homeland Security

Subcommittee on Counterterrorism and Intelligence
Subcommittee on Transportation Security (Ranking Member)

Committee on the Judiciary

Subcommittee on Intellectual Property, Competition, and the Internet
Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security
Subcommittee on Immigration Policy and Enforcement

John F Kennedy III
03-13-2014, 03:01 PM

Thank the gods!

Philhelm
03-13-2014, 03:18 PM
In relation to .......?

Just call me a cynic.

mad cow
03-13-2014, 03:42 PM
My two favorite Jackson quotes.

"Favorite".

'Did the Pathfinder mission succeed in taking pictures
of the American flag planted by astronaut Neil Armstrong in 1969?'"

Asking a question about the Mars Pathfinder mission.

Spikender
03-13-2014, 03:52 PM
Also known as gerrymandering.

Well of course, I know that is the part that really got her most of her votes. But I know that some of the people who voted for her are probably at least a little politically aware...

And I feel sad for them that they honestly fell for this stooge and voted for her.

acptulsa
03-13-2014, 04:55 PM

Or since six years before the Mayflower docked at Plymouth Rock.

So why aren't all those Indians who wrote it and ratified it engraved on our Federal Reserve Notes?

I'll tell you why. Racism, that's why!

Dary
03-13-2014, 06:48 PM

Umm.... I think you remember the bi-centennial celebration. :)

Or did I not get the joke?

acptulsa
03-13-2014, 06:53 PM

1976 was the Centennial of the Centennial. And the Statue of Liberty.

Not to mention the telephone.

Now shush.

Dary
03-13-2014, 07:06 PM
1976 was the Centennial of the Centennial. And the Statue of Liberty.

Not to mention the telephone.

Now shush.

Who mentioned the telephone?

"Shush."

anaconda
03-16-2014, 01:22 AM
Honorable mentions: John McCain & Corrine Brown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogFpXbSCMnw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxs5Woss__k

tod evans
03-16-2014, 01:33 AM

You're correct, my typing is as faulty as my memories...:o

GunnyFreedom
03-16-2014, 03:58 AM

The first 20 slaves were imported in 1619, another 1000 in 1621, and then the practice grew exponentially from there.

ETA - Ach! You changed it! Now my reply makes a lot less sense... :(

acptulsa
03-16-2014, 05:46 AM
Who mentioned the telephone?

"Shush."

But then again, if we both shush the telephone would be pretty useless, wouldn't it?

Ronin Truth
03-16-2014, 02:34 PM
Sheila Jackson Lee: Racist and Moron

Posted By Daniel Greenfield On July 27, 2011 @ 12:31 am In Daily Mailer,FrontPage | 209 Comments (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/#comments_controls)

Bad news for America: we’re facing a serious deficit of crazyiness Insane Democrats used to fill the aisles, as James Traficant, Alan Grayson and Cynthia McKinney fought aliens, anti-psychotic meds and the voices in their heads. But sadly elections have taken their toll on the dumbest and craziest congressmen. Now we’ve only got David Wu and Sheila Jackson-Lee to kick around.

Sheila Jackson-Lee might be the dumbest person in congress. She might even be the dumbest person outside congress. If there were ever a global championship for idiots, the country could send her there. And leave her there; because unlike Lassie, she wouldn’t be able find her way back on her own.

When Enron wanted someone to use as a puppet, they picked Sheila Jackson-Lee. They wanted a woman who didn’t have a mind of her own. Enron executives described her as “agreeable” (http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/individualProfile.asp?indid=981), which was a polite way of saying, “dumber than a bunch of rocks caught in the hubcaps of a slow bus going the wrong way on a one way street in the middle of a flood.”

Jackson-Lee’s only qualification for sitting on the Subcommittee on Space and Aeronautics was the space between her ears. She visited JPL and asked if the Mars Rover would be able to show “the flag the astronauts planted there before”. Staffers were reportedly surprised that she didn’t complain about cost overruns on the Death Star.

In February, Congress was debating federal spending. And Sheila Jackson-Lee got up to make her contribution denouncing a Pepsi commercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dFuWADnpIg) as racist. Other things that Jackson-Lee has denounced as racist include hurricanes, a balanced budget and secret service agents. Crying “Racism” is actually her only life skill.

In 2003, Sheila Jackson-Lee complained that hurricane names were too “lilly white” and said that “All racial groups should be represented.” She suggested (http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/individualProfile.asp?indid=981) Hurricanes “Keisha, Jamal and Deshawn”.

Last year, Lee tried to denounce the Tea Party as racist at an NAACP meeting, but in the middle of it she forgot the word for sheets (http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/2010/07/dem-rep-sheila-jackson-lee-tells-naacp-all-those-who-wore-sheets-a-long-time-ago-lifted-them-off-to-wear-tea-party-clothing-applause/), and condemned them for wearing, “uh, clothing with a name.” Which is exactly how most of the rest of Congress refers to her.

Not only has Jackson-Lee voted against every national security measure she could think of, but she actually goes out looking for dictators to support. She invited Assad (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1041597/posts) to speak in Texas, urged F-16 parts sales to Hugo Chavez, called for an end to economic sanctions against Saddam and participated in an event conducted by an Iranian regime front group against military action on Iran. She might be considered a walking security risk, if she actually knew anything.

Last last year she got up on the House floor (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK3rTUgoQD4) to celebrate the victory in Vietnam and the “two Vietnams, side by side, North and South.”

There probably isn’t a single member of congress less fit to understand how the government works or what her duties are. Jackson-Lee opposed repealing Obamacare because that would violate the Fifth Amendment’s (http://spectator.org/blog/2011/01/18/shelia-jackson-lee-says-repeal) right to Due Process. An Amendment that had so little to do with the topic at hand that she might as well have picked it by throwing a dart at the Bill of Rights. In one sentence, she proved that she had never read the Bill of Rights and had no idea what Due Process even means.

But while Sheila Jackson-Lee might know as much about the Bill of Rights, as she does about Vietnam or what a hurricane is– she does know how to get attention. Before a State of the Union address, she makes sure to get herself an aisle seat (http://blog.chron.com/txpotomac/2011/01/sheila-jackson-lee-says-shes-not-an-aisle-hog-151-shes-busy-working-for-houston/) so she can be seen shaking hands with the president. But not only is she an aisle hog, she’s also a floor hog.

Jackson-Lee’s floor hog antics got so bad, that congressional staffers ran a pool (http://liveweb.archive.org/http:/www.houstonpress.com/2004-02-12/news/talky-you-bet/) for the rare day when she doesn’t get up to speak. Because someone has to denounce those racist Pepsi commercials and call for affirmative action for hurricanes. And with Traficant fresh out of jail and Cynthia McKinney on a boat to Gaza– it’s all up to her.

Whether it’s trying to barge into the Treasury Building or demanding First Class upgrades or an entire row of seats to herself from airlines– rudeness and entitlement are second nature to a woman whose only achievement in life was to ride a sponsorship as the crony of the most corrupt company in America to a lifetime race card.

“I am a queen, and I demand to be treated like a queen,” Sheila Jackson-Lee once reportedly said. It may be that she knows so little about government that she actually thinks she was elected to be a queen. The Queen of Racism, perhaps. Racism is her answer to everything. If there’s a problem that can’t be solved by crying racism, Jackson-Lee has never heard of it.

Should the dumbest woman in congress, who began her career serving a corrupt corporation, and has a 3 percent rating from Citizens Against Government Waste, who can’t tell a planet from a satellite, doesn’t know what the Bill of Rights says and uses her position to denounce commercials she doesn’t like from the House floor, really even be in Congress?

Of course she should. For the 174,000 dollars we pay congressmen, the least we can get back is a little entertainment.

Article printed from FrontPage Magazine: http://www.frontpagemag.com

URL to article: http://www.frontpagemag.com/2011/dgreenfield/sheila-jackson-lee-racist-and-moron/