PDA

View Full Version : Bill benefiting Rand Paul passes Senate committee

TaftFan
03-12-2014, 03:15 PM
http://www.thestate.com/2014/03/12/3321455/bill-benefiting-rand-paul-passes.html

specsaregood
03-12-2014, 03:18 PM
I'd wager this was part of the deal Rand got for endorsing Mitch.

T.hill
03-12-2014, 08:06 PM
I'd wager this was part of the deal Rand got for endorsing Mitch.

Rand has influence over Kentucky's legislature, particularly the Republicans, with or without Mitch McConnell's help.

I'd wager Rand's partnership with McConnell was more to benefit Rand on a federal level, then on a state level. Rand advises McConnell on how to vote to the Tea Party's liking and McConnell advises him on how to get legislation passed more effectively.

TheTyke
03-12-2014, 08:28 PM
Straight up, Rand's assignment to the foreign affairs committee alone would've been a good trade for his endorsement. It bolsters his resume tremendously for the presidency, and may have kept us out of open war in Syria. Without it, Rand could well be committeeless and us at war. The donor connections, the disarming of some establishment foes, and help getting bills through... those are icing on the cake.

And I say that as a huge fan of Bevin, working hard for him every day. I think the more pressure we put on McC, the more he is forced to give Rand and us... support for hemp and supposedly for Audit the Fed too (which he helped kill in 2010.)

I am absolutely shocked McGarvey supported the bill. Maybe there's some hope of passing the Dem House after all!