PDA

View Full Version : So here's The Plan........

The Plan
11-30-2007, 12:05 PM
I'll admit that i havn't been out doing allot of door to door stuff or anything like that because i have a busy work schedule but i can use my skills in other ways. Here's what's been bouncing around in my head:

My roots are in the electronic music scene here in Detroit and over the years i'v built a carreer on making and playing the music and have built up quite a few connections. What i was thinking of doing was holding a fundraiser here in Detroit in the only style i know how...a rave

Rave Paul 2008

I have ready access to some great venues for this here in Detroit and i could easily pull in some of the best techno artists in the world for the music. If the venue ended up being too small we could do it over 2 nights with a different lineup each night. I know if we lock down the right artists to headline then we could easily pull in allot of people from multiple states to come to the event. All prceeds would be donated to the campaign to the max that it could donate and any left over could be spent by the local area meetup groups to drop Ron Paul propaganda all over Michigan. This could be easily pulled off during the next quarter and we could easily make sure that it's covered by all the electronic music magazines all over the world that we can find. We can get licences from the artists to have the dj sets put online for download and charge a small fee that can go towards advertising for Ron in the Detroit area because i don't know if all of you realise this but Detroit is going to be the thing that decides the michigan primaries. If you all think this is a good idea i can start the ball rolling on it very soon to try to get it set up for right after new years. We will be cutting it close but i think we can pull it off.

hillertexas
11-30-2007, 12:06 PM
Sounds like a plan to me... :)

jgmaynard
11-30-2007, 12:08 PM
I like it! A rave for Paul! That should attract a lot of young people when they hear about it.

JM

belian78
11-30-2007, 12:09 PM
"Ron Paul supporters use 'drug party' to fund campaign".

Not that I dont like attending a good party once in a while, I could just see it being 'spun' that way.

*pun intended* :D:p

Sematary
I'll admit that i havn't been out doing allot of door to door stuff or anything like that because i have a busy work schedule but i can use my skills in other ways. Here's what's been bouncing around in my head:

My roots are in the electronic music scene here in Detroit and over the years i'v built a carreer on making and playing the music and have built up quite a few connections. What i was thinking of doing was holding a fundraiser here in Detroit in the only style i know how...a rave

Rave Paul 2008

I have ready access to some great venues for this here in Detroit and i could easily pull in some of the best techno artists in the world for the music. If the venue ended up being too small we could do it over 2 nights with a different lineup each night. I know if we lock down the right artists to headline then we could easily pull in allot of people from multiple states to come to the event. All prceeds would be donated to the campaign to the max that it could donate and any left over could be spent by the local area meetup groups to drop Ron Paul propaganda all over Michigan. This could be easily pulled off during the next quarter and we could easily make sure that it's covered by all the electronic music magazines all over the world that we can find. We can get licences from the artists to have the dj sets put online for download and charge a small fee that can go towards advertising for Ron in the Detroit area because i don't know if all of you realise this but Detroit is going to be the thing that decides the michigan primaries. If you all think this is a good idea i can start the ball rolling on it very soon to try to get it set up for right after new years. We will be cutting it close but i think we can pull it off.

I LOVE THIS IDEA!
AND, by the way, ALL of the proceeds can be collected and a simple donation card filled out by each individual so that ALL of the proceeds go to the campaign. The only limitation is on how much you can spend on the event itself.

RPFTW!
Good idea I say!

Edward
"Retarted" = "Once I was a tart, then I wasn't, but now I am again."

happyphilter
11-30-2007, 12:10 PM
Good idea.
just because its a rave it dosent mean people will be trippin balls

Mithridates
11-30-2007, 12:17 PM
It's a very good idea.

The Plan
11-30-2007, 12:17 PM
If drugs are a worry we can make sure we have the best security detail we can find in Detroit or just hire off duty cops, we can lock it down tight. We can also make sure that the local media is there to cover it, because i don't think any presidential candidate has ever had a fundraiser done in this way and the Detroit media is not going to give an event like this for a presidential candidate in Detroit with music playing at it that was invented in Detroit and is part of our musical heritage here. They don't want any bad press for the city.

belian78
11-30-2007, 12:25 PM
to each their own, but if you've havent noticed, whatever we do gets put in a bad light by the media. i like your creativity, maybe you could have actual bands too, that way it's not considered a 'rave' persay.

The Plan
11-30-2007, 12:31 PM
All we really have to do is make it a suit and tie event and then no matter how they spin it the pictures won't match the perception that the media would try to spin.

hillertexas
11-30-2007, 12:33 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=44626

davidhperry
11-30-2007, 12:37 PM
"Retarted" = "Once I was a tart, then I wasn't, but now I am again."

:)

I do think a rave would be a good thing to do. Anything we can do to contextualize the message and reach new people would be awesome.

Danny Molina
11-30-2007, 12:40 PM
"Ron Paul supporters use 'drug party' to fund campaign".

Not that I dont like attending a good party once in a while, I could just see it being 'spun' that way.

*pun intended* :D:p

It can easily be taken this way. Then they'll say Dr. Paul wants kids to do drugs and stupid crap like that.

terryp
11-30-2007, 02:00 PM
Don't know how your voter registration works but in Fl. I think it is 30 days prior to vote you have to have been registered.
That said, if you could do it the weekend before the primary (1-11/13) that would be huge. You would have 30 days after the tea party which could give you ton of promo right there.
I'm starting to believe the only way we are going get respect is in numbers, votes cash, crowds and signs. Frick'n sad.

Corydoras
11-30-2007, 10:38 PM
Won't you need a PAC or something like that?
Once you figure that out, it will be great to do.
This is YOUR specialty, do it.
That's what makes this grassroots great-- everyone pitches in what THEY know how to do.

dirknb@hotmail.com
11-30-2007, 10:43 PM
Go for it.

angrydragon
11-30-2007, 10:48 PM
Youtube it.

Ravers for Ron Paul.

Tidewise
11-30-2007, 11:20 PM
Do it.

amakris
12-01-2007, 12:44 AM
Make sure each individual fills out the required info. You could have computers at the entrance for paying online directly via credit card. You CAN'T just pool the money together and give it to the campaign. That's a no-no.