PDA

View Full Version : Who's with me on this idea

Suzu
03-12-2014, 01:19 AM
I say the campaign photo ought to show a clean-shaven SK with neatly combed hair wearing a suit jacket. I painted out the worst of the locks falling down his forehead in the original photo and wiped off some of the sweat (with photoshop) but getting rid of the rogue facial hair is above my pay grade. Apparently Gage then chopped the head out of that altered pic and slapped it onto a natural background.

It looks good, but is it the right image for a serious state rep candidate? WWRPD? If I was in NH or SK was here, I could shoot the thing myself. It's not rocket science; anyone with a half-decent digital camera can take a very nice portrait, so why not have one? Please weigh in.

GunnyFreedom
03-12-2014, 01:23 AM
I say the campaign photo ought to show a clean-shaven SK with neatly combed hair wearing a suit jacket. I painted out the worst of the locks falling down his forehead in the original photo and wiped off some of the sweat (with photoshop) but getting rid of the rogue facial hair is above my pay grade. Apparently Gage then chopped the head out of that altered pic, slapped it into a different shirt and tie and put the result on the natural background.

It looks good, but is it the right image for a serious state rep candidate? WWRPD? If I was in NH or SK was here, I could shoot the thing myself. It's not rocket science; anyone with a half-decent digital camera can take a very nice portrait, so why not have one? Please weigh in.

I've been at this politics thing for 7 years now, been elected to one office, and ran for another, and I still do not have a single photograph of myself that is not absolute crap. :)

skfornh
03-12-2014, 04:28 PM
Thanks gunny.

Suzu I will be in a suit and tie this weekend will try to grab some new photos

Suzu
03-22-2014, 09:40 AM
Suzu I will be in a suit and tie this weekend will try to grab some new photos
Guess you didn't make it, huh?

skfornh
03-23-2014, 11:09 AM
i did... but am not happy with outcome.

i'm passing on what i have to gage

MichaelDavis
03-25-2014, 12:56 AM
I say the campaign photo ought to show a clean-shaven SK with neatly combed hair wearing a suit jacket. I painted out the worst of the locks falling down his forehead in the original photo and wiped off some of the sweat (with photoshop) but getting rid of the rogue facial hair is above my pay grade. Apparently Gage then chopped the head out of that altered pic and slapped it onto a natural background.

What? This doesn't cut it nowadays?
http://s1.postimg.org/brg99xe33/image.jpg

skfornh
03-25-2014, 08:57 AM
Wow was that at the hanger in Nashua?

Neck warmer suggests I was outside in the cold waving signs??

MichaelDavis
03-25-2014, 09:57 AM
Wow was that at the hanger in Nashua?

Neck warmer suggests I was outside in the cold waving signs??

"Shem Kellogg, civil engineer, Salem, N.H.
Ron Paul fan since: last election cycle
How he feels about Iowa: "I guess I'm proud he tied. I was pretty confident he would win, but we still got seven delegates. And New Hampshire voters are open to Ron Paul's ideas in a different way."

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rosiegray/ten-ron-paul-supporters-who-think-iowa-was-a-great?s=mobile

skfornh
03-25-2014, 10:01 AM
Lol oh yeah

ladyjade3
03-25-2014, 10:04 AM
I've been at this politics thing for 7 years now, been elected to one office, and ran for another, and I still do not have a single photograph of myself that is not absolute crap. :)

You should come over and let me have a crack at it :)

GunnyFreedom
03-25-2014, 11:45 AM
You should come over and let me have a crack at it :)

LOL thanks, but I'm wearing a beard right now. Next time I need photos to run for something I will likely be clean shaven. I will be giving an absurdly in depth presentation on State remedy to the Conservatives for Guilford County (Tea Party group, one of the actual real ones) at some point in May. I may need to get photos from there to promote speaking tours.

Towards the end of my run for Vice Chair, this is AFTER I ran and won House, and AFTER I ran and lost Senate, and AFTER 90% of my Party Vice Chair race was done, I finally convinced someone to take a professional picture, so this image is the very best I have, and I still do not think it is very good, really... It's pretty much only useful for direct mail pieces, and then you can only use it once or twice...

http://glenbradley.net/share/funny/gbclean.jpg

I am actually not joking. Seven years I've been begging for one, just one photo that I could actually use without making myself look stupid and amateur. I finally get one, and it only has a very limited range of application.

ladyjade3
03-25-2014, 12:33 PM
It's a good photo, but it is stiff. I can see why you don't like it. It doesn't really capture you. I'm serious. I've got a nice camera and a good eye for these things, I'm told. Worth a shot.

aclove
03-25-2014, 02:17 PM
This one's not a bad candid shot, except there's some bald guy in it.

https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1.0-9/1381926_10202430553952174_672241124_n.jpg

Suzu
03-25-2014, 08:14 PM
This one's not a bad candid shot, except there's some bald guy in it.
And Glen with no tie, an apparent black eye, hair disheveled and that hand looks so unnatural somehow!

GunnyFreedom
03-25-2014, 08:43 PM
And Glen with no tie, an apparent black eye, hair disheveled and that hand looks so unnatural somehow!

Nope, no black eye. :) but Adam is right that that would be just about one of the best pictures I've ever had taken of me.

I'm not joking. The situation is THAT bad.

But this thread is about Shem, and HIS pictures. I'm not running in 2014, he is. I was just trying to make a point that having good photos are important, and I know it personally, because I have been trying to make this happen for 4 years with crappy photos, and that has I kid you not, make it twice as difficult.

Carson
03-25-2014, 09:32 PM
The Suits have worn me down.

The only guy I would trust out of the pictures up till now is the poor guy with the camera or sound equipment sticking out of his head.

MichaelDavis
03-25-2014, 09:35 PM
Nope, no black eye. :) but Adam is right that that would be just about one of the best pictures I've ever had taken of me.

I'm not joking. The situation is THAT bad.

But this thread is about Shem, and HIS pictures. I'm not running in 2014, he is. I was just trying to make a point that having good photos are important, and I know it personally, because I have been trying to make this happen for 4 years with crappy photos, and that has I kid you not, make it twice as difficult.

Would Shem become only the second frequent RPF poster to be elected to a state legislature (or above)?

GunnyFreedom
03-25-2014, 10:15 PM
Would Shem become only the second frequent RPF poster to be elected to a state legislature (or above)?

Thomas Massie

ETA oh you said frequent. Yeah, then probably so.