PDA

View Full Version : Senate Intelligence Chair Dianne Feinstein: The CIA is breaking into my computers

liberty2897
03-11-2014, 07:18 PM
Oh the irony...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/feinstein-cia-searched-intelligence-committee-computers/2014/03/11/982cbc2c-a923-11e3-8599-ce7295b6851c_story.html

A behind-the-scenes battle between the CIA and Congress erupted in public Tuesday as the head of the Senate Intelligence Committee accused the agency of breaking laws and breaching constitutional principles in an alleged effort to undermine the panel’s multi-year investigation of a controversial interrogation program.

Chairman Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) accused the CIA of secretly removing documents, searching committee-used computers and attempting to intimidate congressional investigators by requesting an FBI inquiry of their conduct — charges that CIA Director John Brennan disputed within hours of her appearance on the Senate floor.

Video

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) questioned whether a CIA search of congressional records might have undermined government oversight during a Senate floor speech Tuesday.
Read more:
Why the CIA and lawmakers are feuding

Adam Goldman 8:16 AM ET
What you need to know about the dispute over an investigation o the agency’s interrogation program.
Transcript: Feinstein says CIA searched Intelligence panel computers

7:32 AM ET
“Let me say up front that I come to the Senate floor reluctantly,” she said.
Transcript: Brennan says his agency has done nothing wrong
10:53 AM ET
“If I did something wrong, I will go to the president and I will explain to him exactly what I did and what the findings were,” he said.
Senators praise Feinstein speech, want answers from CIA

Wesley Lowery and Ed O'Keefe 12:32 PM ET
If true, “this is Richard Nixon stuff,” one senator says.
Feinstein described the escalating conflict as a “defining moment” for Congress’s role in overseeing the nation’s intelligence agencies and cited “grave concerns” that the CIA had “violated the separation-of-powers principles embodied in the United States Constitution.”

Continued at link

DamianTV
03-11-2014, 07:46 PM
Feinstein: Im okay with the CIA / NSA / FBI spying on you, but not me.

GunnyFreedom
03-11-2014, 08:12 PM

Imagine that...

NoOneButPaul
03-11-2014, 08:29 PM
Just goes to show she's either an idiot or an arrogant fascist.

libertygold
03-11-2014, 08:46 PM

Exactly my thoughts. I think people are starting to realize that hypocrisy.

ghengis86
03-11-2014, 08:56 PM
you don't have anything to fear if you don't have anything to hide.

all animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.

It's for your own protection

they hate us for our freedoms

if we don't fight them over there, we'll have to fight them over here

it's for your own safety

it's for the children

Cabal
03-11-2014, 08:57 PM
"Senate Intelligence"

That's funny.

alucard13mm
03-11-2014, 09:05 PM
Rand should capitalize on this to talk shit against the worst democrat senator ever. People are against Senator Feinstien and recognize the hypocrysy. It would get support from all republicans (since its bashing democrats) and should appeal to independents and democrats who are disenfranchised who might be interested in this thing.

If foreign policy is his weakpoint, then he should use this chance to step up for domestic policies.

enhanced_deficit
03-11-2014, 09:25 PM
In fightinmg between two instruments of police state, not going to discourage it.

jtap
03-12-2014, 08:19 AM
By the time I had noticed this thread the clever lines I was going to say were already taken :(

asurfaholic
03-12-2014, 08:24 AM
Rand should capitalize on this to talk shit against the worst democrat senator ever. People are against Senator Feinstien and recognize the hypocrysy. It would get support from all republicans (since its bashing democrats) and should appeal to independents and democrats who are disenfranchised who might be interested in this thing.

If foreign policy is his weakpoint, then he should use this chance to step up for domestic policies.

I like the way u think.

Ohh RAAAAND??

donnay
03-12-2014, 08:33 AM
They definitely speak out of both sides of their mouths--but that's what politicians do best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhUdUaQvAxo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZjl-V__HDw

enhanced_deficit
03-12-2014, 09:15 AM
"Senate Intelligence"

That's funny.

LOL

JK/SEA
03-12-2014, 10:01 AM
its apparent to me that she has a low oxygen to blood ratio, which affects the brain....poor thing...lets re-elect her.

DamianTV
03-12-2014, 04:06 PM
By the time I had noticed this thread the clever lines I was going to say were already taken :(

Not all of em. So heres one that hasnt been brought up.

Beastie Boys: You gotta Fight! For your Right! To Pri-iiiiiiiiiiiii-vacy!

anaconda
03-12-2014, 05:15 PM
All of these bureaucrats like Feinstein seem to have missed the lesson of Stalin turning on his officers.

Video of Feinstein defecating on the will of The People:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVOuK_KB9ew

Brian4Liberty
03-14-2014, 03:06 PM

Cissy
03-14-2014, 05:30 PM
"You must learn, child, that what would be wrong for you or for any of the common people is not wrong in a great Queen such as I. The weight of the world is on our shoulders. We must be freed from all rules. Ours is a high and lonely destiny." (Magician's Nephew Ch. 5)