PDA

View Full Version : Pontiac Woman Votes Two Years After Death

AuH20
03-11-2014, 08:52 AM
How is this possible? :D

http://www.wxyz.com/home/news/state/voting-records-show-pontiac-woman-found-dead-in-garage-votes-two-years-after-death

Voting records are raising questions amid an investigation into the discovery of a woman's mummified body in the garage of a suburban Detroit home.

Paula Logan has said the body found last Wednesday in Pontiac is that of Pia Farrenkopf, her sister. Authorities investigating the discovery haven't released her name, but they have said that the woman apparently died in 2008 at the age of 49.

The Detroit Free Press reports voting records show Farrenkopf as voting in the November 2010 gubernatorial election. Officials say, however, that it may represent an administrative error.

aGameOfThrones
03-11-2014, 08:58 AM
Officials say, however, that it may represent an administrative error.

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Dr.-Evil-Sarcastic-Right-In-Austin-Powers-Gifs.gif

ravedown
03-11-2014, 09:05 AM
ugh...another special interest group candidates have to pander to...the mummy vote.

erowe1
03-11-2014, 09:23 AM
Does this happen thousands and thousands of times every election?

Ronin Truth
03-11-2014, 09:36 AM
If voting ever really changed anything they wouldn't let us do it.

angelatc
03-11-2014, 09:59 AM
LOL - how cynical do you have to be to hear about a woman who was found dead in her garage, undiscovered for years, to immediately wonder if she voted? Of course, living in an environment where you find out that she actually did vote has a lot to do with that.

aGameOfThrones
03-11-2014, 10:00 AM

N. Korean leader enjoys 100% 'poll' win (http://news.yahoo.com/n-korean-leader-enjoys-100-poll-win-045448506.html)

VIDEODROME
03-11-2014, 10:08 AM
Dead people? Or just life challenged?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Occg29DsI7k

Henry Rogue
03-11-2014, 10:08 AM
On the contrary, the popular vote guarantees government expansion. The Seventeenth Amendment opened the flood gates to federal expansion.

pcosmar
03-11-2014, 10:11 AM
LOL - how cynical do you have to be to hear about a woman who was found dead in her garage, undiscovered for years, to immediately wonder if she voted? Of course, living in an environment where you find out that she actually did vote has a lot to do with that.

How cynical? The woman was in the garage dead for years and NO ONE ever knew. There is a lot of investigation going on about her story.
Any place her name showed up since 2008 would be in question.

Actually, I wondered a great many things when I heard the story.
Voting wasn't even one of them.. but it does not surprise me at all.

Sad that no one ever missed her.

And since she was never reported dead,, or missing. Who voted and how?

oyarde
03-11-2014, 10:21 AM
How cynical? The woman was in the garage dead for years and NO ONE ever knew. There is a lot of investigation going on about her story.
Any place her name showed up since 2008 would be in question.

Actually, I wondered a great many things when I heard the story.
Voting wasn't even one of them.. but it does not surprise me at all.

Sad that no one ever missed her.

Makes me think someone knew she was dead . Probably had some income coming in , that would explain the no report ......

Lucille
03-11-2014, 10:22 AM
I read about her. How can she be dead six years and no one know? It's very sad.

http://www.theburningplatform.com/2014/03/07/woman-found-dead-years-later-in-garage/

The cops said no mail piled up. It sure as hell would have at the post office. If my junk mail is any indication, it would have filled a room-from floor to ceiling-in six years.

Occam's Banana
03-11-2014, 10:24 AM
Francis Underwood did it.

oyarde
03-11-2014, 10:25 AM
I read about her. How can she be dead six years and no one know? It's very sad.

http://www.theburningplatform.com/2014/03/07/woman-found-dead-years-later-in-garage/

The cops said no mail piled up. It sure as hell would have at the post office. If my junk mail is any indication, it would have filled a room-from floor to ceiling-in six years.
Somebody was getting the mail and probably paying the property tax.....

pcosmar
03-11-2014, 10:30 AM

The story I read said that she had set up automated payments,, Till the money in the account ran out.. And the bank foreclosed.

The bank sent the contractor that found her.

Family didn't miss her. No friends missed her. No one.

That is sad.

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2014/03/sister_of_pia_farrenkopf_suspe.html

oyarde
03-11-2014, 10:33 AM
I would check to see if she was drawing Social Security disability , then see if that was more than her automated payments and if there were any bank withdrawals not automated .

oyarde
03-11-2014, 10:37 AM
If there was money coming out not automated , then you will find who did not report , picked up the mail and voted , I reckon .

pcosmar
03-11-2014, 10:42 AM
Oh and a Facebook page has been created, and is asking questions.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mummified-in-Michigan/746431972033608

oyarde
03-11-2014, 10:44 AM
Does this happen thousands and thousands of times every election?

Used to in Philadelphia , Chicago , Cleveland , may still .

Lucille
03-11-2014, 11:38 AM

From TBP link:

Bouchard, the county sheriff, said Friday that there were few outward signs of anything awry. Her mail didn’t pile up, since the post office was collecting it.

angelatc
03-11-2014, 11:47 AM

My guess would be that she probably could vote as the polls were closing if a poll worker was in on it. Shill voter come in, poll worker randomly assigns her the identity of a no-show voter, and voila.

angelatc
03-11-2014, 11:48 AM
The story I read said that she had set up automated payments,, Till the money in the account ran out.. And the bank foreclosed.

The bank sent the contractor that found her.

Family didn't miss her. No friends missed her. No one.

That is sad.

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2014/03/sister_of_pia_farrenkopf_suspe.html

That's what I aspire to.

oyarde
03-11-2014, 11:51 AM
From TBP link:

Wonder what they do with all of that ?

oyarde
03-11-2014, 11:56 AM
Thank goodness I have family . The thought of my junk mail , bills etc being collected @ a Post Office for years on end would disturb me in my death :)

pcosmar
03-11-2014, 12:25 PM
My guess would be that she probably could vote as the polls were closing if a poll worker was in on it. Shill voter come in, poll worker randomly assigns her the identity of a no-show voter, and voila.

Some one (or several) would need to be involved.
My Voting site knows my face but still require a picture ID. And a signature.

mosquitobite
03-11-2014, 12:27 PM
I cannot imagine not caring where my sister was for 6 years! Just horrified at the thought!

angelatc
03-11-2014, 12:38 PM

Sure, that's why I said a poll worker would need to be involved.

pcosmar
03-11-2014, 01:09 PM

sounds like a conspiracy theory. :p

Actually, that IS a conspiracy theory.

angelatc
03-11-2014, 01:31 PM
sounds like a conspiracy theory. :p

Actually, that IS a conspiracy theory.

Technically it is, but rest assured I won't walk around darkly asserting that's how it actually happened after an investigation provides an alternate viable explanation. Nor will I begin scouring the internet for scraps of information to support that theory while discounting anything that doesn't support it as some other part of an ever-complicated global Rothshild Illuminati exercise involving the mind control of lizard people disguised as crisis actors.

To clarify - I just made that up, and I won't insist until the day that I die that it is absolutely the truth no matter how much evidence piles up to prove me wrong.

specsaregood
03-11-2014, 01:51 PM

Can you have absentee ballots requested automatically? If so, it could have been a postal worker, yes?

oyarde
03-11-2014, 09:48 PM

That would be even worse than what I imagined .... I figured someone knew she was dead , used her ID , after voting already in a different precinct ...

oyarde
03-11-2014, 09:57 PM
Mine too , and one of the little old ladies that works there , well , pretty sure I have seen her there for 23 years ,knew who she was as a child as she is the wife of a farmer with a large spread just a few miles South of where I grew up , she knew my parents , where the family farm is, my name , my face , where I go to church , would have voted for my Dad at least three times ..... good luck trying to get over there , LOL

acptulsa
03-11-2014, 10:42 PM
You've never heard of Automatic Party Line? Sign up and your vote is automatically cast as a straight party ticket for all the candidates on the ballot running under the major party of your choice. Saves time, money, fuel and stress.

Libertarians and other Independents need not apply.

Zippyjuan
03-11-2014, 10:59 PM
Makes me think someone knew she was dead . Probably had some income coming in , that would explain the no report ......

Sometimes it is to keep the retirement/ social security checks coming though in this case the woman isn't old enough to be retired.

Spikender
03-12-2014, 12:42 AM
Democracy.

Fuck yeah.