PDA

View Full Version : "If it fails, Paul runs the risk.... one-hit wonder..."

ItsTime
11-30-2007, 11:44 AM
I just got this in my mail:

We must all donate TODAY. The media is paying VERY close attention to today's money bomb.

Here are links to two MAJOR publications that reference the money bomb today.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2007-11-29-ron-paul_N.htm

http://www.miamiherald.com/campaign08/story/326421.html

Here is a quote from the second article about today's money bomb:

"If it fails, Paul runs the risk of being dismissed as a one-hit wonder..."

WE MUST DONATE TODAY!!! THE MEDIA IS WATCHING.

Please forward this to every Ron Paul supporter you know. The Nov 30th moneybomb is very last minute. I'm not sure everyone is aware how closely the media is watching this.

mods: delete if already posted thanks :)

mmink15
11-30-2007, 11:46 AM
Bad publicity=Publicity

Publicity is the ultimate goal right?

ItsTime
11-30-2007, 11:47 AM
So you want to fail?

Bad publicity=Publicity

Publicity is the ultimate goal right?

RonPaulRocksMyWorld
11-30-2007, 11:49 AM
I don't think even a $200,000 day could be considered a failure... wait until the 16th people will notice for sure on that day no matter what we do today.

Johnnybags
11-30-2007, 11:50 AM
today, they usurped the Tparty donors. The campaign did this to themselves. He has still got plenty and if we beat Rudy at 10 1/4 million today it will be a success but you know FAUX News will report:

Paul supporters fail to meet goal.

Its not our fault, he will get his 15 million quarter in due time.

ItsTime
11-30-2007, 11:50 AM
Agreed. This is a warm up. But lets warm up with at least 1 million

I don't think even a $200,000 day could be considered a failure... wait until the 16th people will notice for sure on that day no matter what we do today.

mmink15
11-30-2007, 11:51 AM
So you want to fail?

It isn't that I want to fail, but I see how media works and I see how Ron Paul responds. If we fail to meet any goals they will have Ron Paul on their programs to "give him hell" and he will deal with it in a manner that wins voters.
The media breeds a "if you can't beat them, join them" attitude in their presentation. If they spend time convincing everyone Ron Paul's support isn't real then we win a primary or two or have a big teaparty those people the media have conditioned will jump to our side!

kylejack
11-30-2007, 11:53 AM
Hahahaha, we've already raised a quarter of a million dollars. Shut it down right now and it would still be a fund-raising success, and besides, there will be no doubt about one-hit-wonder on 12/17. Silly media.

Midnight77
11-30-2007, 11:53 AM
There is no reason we can not be doing a Million today. This will not jeopardize the Tea Party. I've been a little disappointed today thus far. Looks like we are only on track for about $500,000.

ItsTime
11-30-2007, 11:54 AM
100% agreed.

Hahahaha, we've already raised a quarter of a million dollars. Shut it down right now and it would still be a fund-raising success, and besides, there will be no doubt about one-hit-wonder on 12/17. Silly media.

Malum Prohibitum
11-30-2007, 11:55 AM
Ugh... who projected 2.5M for today and told the press that when we only had 2000 pledges... based on Nov5 performance, that equates to only about 450k!!

People are planning for mass donations on for the 16th. Symbolism is important.

BlueGecko
11-30-2007, 11:58 AM
The momentum is still on the upswing, that's what's important

pacelli
11-30-2007, 12:13 PM
Stay positive, we've already out-done the average day of donations. Aside from Nov 5, we've already raised more by 1:00pm today compared to other moneybombs 1:00pm mark.

JWallace
11-30-2007, 12:20 PM
Be positive. We're doing it; it's coming along nicely. Life takes wonderful turns.

Liberty
11-30-2007, 12:24 PM
The 8 million dollar goal for the first two months of the quarter has been exceeded by 2+million dollars. That's very positive.

Liberty Star
11-30-2007, 12:31 PM
If we surpass Rudy for the quarter today, that should generate plenty publicity too.

Ron Paul fund raising this quarter has been a head turning historic success already. There is no failure here , you only fail when you stop trying. This was not as timely advertized event event as the Tea Party on Dec 16, so far so good.

http://ronpaulgraphs.com/big_events_chart.html

Any publicity we get today would be good for campaign.

literatim
11-30-2007, 12:36 PM
I have no idea what Trevor was thinking, but it was stupid.

Knightskye
11-30-2007, 12:42 PM
Why are they watching this one? They know it's not going to be big. And he won't be a "one-hit wonder" because we're doing the Tea Party, which will be huge.

Ignore the media.

KCIndy
11-30-2007, 12:48 PM
I wish the "$2.5 million projection" hadn't been hyped to the media. The big media attention push should have been reserved for the Tea Party. As it stands now, I wouldn't be surprised to clear 750K or maybe even a million in one day - but sadly, that's now going to be viewed by the media as a "failure" simply because they'll be comparing it to Nov. 5.

JWallace
11-30-2007, 12:53 PM
We're doing it. This has been one of the strongest weeks so far. Be positive.

Dan D.
11-30-2007, 12:54 PM
November 5th was a failure because it didn't even raise half of what we wanted. But I don't see too many people complaining about that. So what if we don't get 2.5 million today? This is already the third biggest fundraising day of the quarter, and no one was claiming the Nov. 11 money bomb was a failure. Hate the media all you want, but stop predicting "OMG they're going to call us failures and cancel the primary and not cover December 16th!!!111one!" when clearly that's not the case. And so what if they do call us a one-hit wonder? They'll be singing a very different tune come December 17.

KCIndy
11-30-2007, 12:56 PM
Why are they watching this one? They know it's not going to be big. And he won't be a "one-hit wonder" because we're doing the Tea Party, which will be huge.

Ignore the media.

They (the media) are watching this one because they were asked to do so... Here's an excerpt from the "Tea Party" email update that went out today:

News

* Today is the day of the Nov. 30th mass donation day.� We’ve been in touch with ABCNews, CBSNews, Politico, Newsweek, USA Today, LATimes, Chicago Tribune, Houston Chronical, Miami Herald, MTVNews, VH1News and more.. and they are watching.� Lets show them we can beat Ron Paul’s $12 million dollar goal.� If we do every pledge in December will be “running up the score”.� Please visit RonPaul2008.com and make a donation now.

So...

The heat is on, for better or worse. My big fear is what I listed above - if the media start comparing this to Nov. 5th, they'll start referring to it as a "failure" even if we raise over a million bucks in a single day... :(

I figure we had better get as close to $12 million as possible - I already donated this morning, but I may toss in a little more again this evening, even if I have to take it from the funds I reserved for the Tea Party.

*sigh*

EvilNight
11-30-2007, 01:20 PM
Actually, we may have just been sidelined. Apparently there's some nut with a bomb strapped to his chest running around Hillary's campaign office and he has taken hostages. The media will be all over this story as soon as it more widely circulates. Check digg, reddit etc for links to coverage.

MozoVote
11-30-2007, 01:41 PM
WOW. For real. There IS a Hillary Hostage crisis! :eek:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071130/ap_on_re_us/clinton_office_hostages;_ylt=ApqoCieyhA2UwFNThdzF6 iOs0NUE

literatim
11-30-2007, 01:42 PM
November 5th was a failure because it didn't even raise half of what we wanted. But I don't see too many people complaining about that. So what if we don't get 2.5 million today? This is already the third biggest fundraising day of the quarter, and no one was claiming the Nov. 11 money bomb was a failure. Hate the media all you want, but stop predicting "OMG they're going to call us failures and cancel the primary and not cover December 16th!!!111one!" when clearly that's not the case. And so what if they do call us a one-hit wonder? They'll be singing a very different tune come December 17.

I am not complaining about the amount we get because I never expected a whole lot. I am complaining about Trevor giving such a goal to the press when we were only sitting on 2,000 pledges.

Matthew Zak
11-30-2007, 01:49 PM
They (the media) are watching this one because they were asked to do so... Here's an excerpt from the "Tea Party" email update that went out today:

News

* Today is the day of the Nov. 30th mass donation day.� We’ve been in touch with ABCNews, CBSNews, Politico, Newsweek, USA Today, LATimes, Chicago Tribune, Houston Chronical, Miami Herald, MTVNews, VH1News and more.. and they are watching.� Lets show them we can beat Ron Paul’s $12 million dollar goal.� If we do every pledge in December will be “running up the score”.� Please visit RonPaul2008.com and make a donation now.

So...

The heat is on, for better or worse. My big fear is what I listed above - if the media start comparing this to Nov. 5th, they'll start referring to it as a "failure" even if we raise over a million bucks in a single day... :(

I figure we had better get as close to $12 million as possible - I already donated this morning, but I may toss in a little more again this evening, even if I have to take it from the funds I reserved for the Tea Party.

*sigh*

In my opinion it was foolish to tell the media about this money bomb because giving them expectations (of a relatively small, spontaneous money bomb) completely cancels the point. Unlike November 5th, they will only be surprised if ti doesn't do very well.

If this does, indeed create media blowback, we'll need to double, triple our efforts for the 16th.

pacelli
11-30-2007, 01:50 PM

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071130/ap_on_re_us/clinton_office_hostages;_ylt=ApqoCieyhA2UwFNThdzF6 iOs0NUE

I'm really hoping that this nut isn't a ron paul supporter. The office where the crisis is being held is in New Hampshire.

Original_Intent
11-30-2007, 01:53 PM
Win or lose, with the bomber in Clinton HQ, not much coverage of our fundraiser.

thatnerdyguy
11-30-2007, 01:56 PM
I am not complaining about the amount we get because I never expected a whole lot. I am complaining about Trevor giving such a goal to the press when we were only sitting on 2,000 pledges.

Yeah, if someone was going to organize the Nov 30th thing, it really should've been attached to someone else than Trevor. The MSM sees Trevor as the $4 million fund raiser. The headlines (if any) tommorrow:

"Ron Paul Grassroots Support Dwindles As Supporters Fall Far Short of Funraising Goal". The article(s) will point out how successful Trevor was before, and how this time we fell far short of the goal, which must mean Dr. Paul's grassroots support is going away... *sigh*

FSP-Rebel
11-30-2007, 01:56 PM
I was thinking the same thing... The press knows that the majority of us are focused on the 16th, which is why they are covering this because they presume that we won't hit our mark. The fact is, is that we only brought this on ourselves.:(

MarcS
11-30-2007, 02:00 PM
Hey guys, new forum member, will be donating to a political campaign for the first time tonight. Here's a thought: Given the numbers of people who signed up for this money bomb and the realistic projections, it was probably foolish to play up the $12 million number in the media today. However, as we know, the media's attention span is all of 26 seconds. When we pass $10,258,019 today, the amount Rudy raised last quarter, play it up like mad! Send emails, call the news media, yell it from the rooftops because it is an OUTSTANDING accomplishment. We have to put a positive spin on every dollar earned because every dollar earned IS positive. We're blowing the big candidates out of the water.

mosquitobite
11-30-2007, 02:02 PM
I can't wait to see the other candidate's 4th quarter numbers. Too bad none of them like to report theirs real time ;)

Liberty Star
11-30-2007, 02:07 PM
Hey guys, new forum member, will be donating to a political campaign for the first time tonight. Here's a thought: Given the numbers of people who signed up for this money bomb and the realistic projections, it was probably foolish to play up the $12 million number in the media today. However, as we know, the media's attention span is all of 26 seconds. When we pass $10,258,019 today, the amount Rudy raised last quarter, play it up like mad! Send emails, call the news media, yell it from the rooftops because it is an OUTSTANDING accomplishment. We have to put a positive spin on every dollar earned because every dollar earned IS positive. We're blowing the big candidates out of the water.

Good idea.

MarcS
11-30-2007, 02:08 PM

Oh man, you mean to tell me that in that entire office no one was armed and ready to defend themselves? :D

UtahApocalypse
11-30-2007, 02:15 PM
Today will make or break this campaign. period.

If ANYONE holds out then we have let down Dr. Paul. The eyes of the media, and the world are upon us. If we do nothing now, the tea party will not matter, we will already be old news. If we do not get the money for ads now, it wont matter all the air time will be taken. If we do not give our 100% today, we will lose.

Unfortunately many people have become to caught up in their ego's and own agendas with the Teaparty and are completely ignoring the campaign and its goals. I personally was for the Tea party until the campaign directed us they need this money for advertising NOW! not later. I now am 100% against the teaparty for the principle alone that many people are holding out until then, and thus could DESTROY the campaigns chances.

Everyone that is saying wait, or split it, or give some now and more later I am ashamed of.

davidt!
11-30-2007, 02:19 PM
Don't worry guys. Come Dec. 16th there will be no doubt in anyones mind that Ron Paul is for real.

Johncjackson
11-30-2007, 02:28 PM
This wasnt even supposed to be the Huge money bomb. This had very short planning time and should be seen as an end of the month blowout bridge between Nov. 5 and Dec 16th.

If people really go negative on this day, how will they dismiss $10 million on the 16th and $20 mil for the quarter,etc?

TheNewYorker
11-30-2007, 02:39 PM
12 million by the end of today is pretty much impossible now. We don't have enough time left and the donations are coming in far too slow.

This is why we shouldn't have set our goal so high. There was no way we could have ever raised 2.5million in one day with what little planning we had for this. I'm ashamed in Trevor now for setting the goal so high.

The media IS going to report Paul as a one hit wonder now.

I think this money bomb will hurt us more than help us.

Hope for a miracle that we can reach 12mil tonight.

kylejack
11-30-2007, 02:44 PM
12 million by the end of today is pretty much impossible now. We don't have enough time left and the donations are coming in far too slow.

This is why we shouldn't have set our goal so high. There was no way we could have ever raised 2.5million in one day with what little planning we had for this. I'm ashamed in Trevor now for setting the goal so high.

:rolleyes: Don't be such a Gloomy Gus. Half a million dollars is fine, and will not be reported as an abject failure.

MarcS
11-30-2007, 02:45 PM

Why admit defeat? $10,258,019 isn't far away and beating rudy's 3rd quarter is a major accomplishment for a campaign that "doesn't stand a chance." Call the news media and shout it from the rooftops when we reach that goal. The medias attention span is shorter than this post. Have a defeatist attitude and that's what the media will pick up on. Be positive about what we accomplished today (and it is a great accomplishment) and that's what people will hear.

macdee
11-30-2007, 02:45 PM
I signed up for the Tea Party 07. Then the Rudy Reader Day came up. I signed up for that too! I picture baby rudy sitting in a reading circle with a big picture book.

I made my donation today of one hundred bucks. And I will do the same for our Tea Party 07. Since I can come up with the money for the donation today, I can't see why everyone else can't do the same.

You've got to remember, I don't make that much money since I'm unemployed, but I was able to donate today and other people should too.

FYI - I had some cash in the bank and thought I'd put it to work for Ron Paul.

Jojo
11-30-2007, 02:57 PM
My feeling is that there are too many people holding back their donations today in favor of Dec 16. Whether it is some personal pride thing and they want to show off on the 16th, or they think they know better than the campaign, I don't know.

You could argue that if the media calls today a failure that "we'll show'em on the 16!"Fact is, the campaign has asked for money NOW too.

UtahApocalypse
11-30-2007, 03:02 PM
My feeling is that there are too many people holding back their donations today in favor of Dec 16. Whether it is some personal pride thing and they want to show off on the 16th, or they think they know better than the campaign, I don't know.

You could argue that if the media calls today a failure that "we'll show'em on the 16!"Fact is, the campaign has asked for money NOW too.

They don't care anymore.

Naraku
11-30-2007, 03:04 PM
I actually predicted this line could be used a while back! It's definitely something that has to be avoided!

Jojo
11-30-2007, 03:14 PM
They don't care anymore.

Reading through this thread, I see that it IS an ego thing. How sad.

Dan D.
11-30-2007, 03:18 PM
Did they call November 11th a failure? No. Why should they call Nov. 30th one?

Naraku
11-30-2007, 03:19 PM
November 11th wasn't mentioned really in the media. This has been on ABC News and USA Today!

James R
11-30-2007, 03:22 PM
I just got this in my mail:

We must all donate TODAY. The media is paying VERY close attention to today's money bomb.

Here are links to two MAJOR publications that reference the money bomb today.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2007-11-29-ron-paul_N.htm

http://www.miamiherald.com/campaign08/story/326421.html

Here is a quote from the second article about today's money bomb:

"If it fails, Paul runs the risk of being dismissed as a one-hit wonder..."

WE MUST DONATE TODAY!!! THE MEDIA IS WATCHING.

Please forward this to every Ron Paul supporter you know. The Nov 30th moneybomb is very last minute. I'm not sure everyone is aware how closely the media is watching this.

mods: delete if already posted thanks :)

Yeah we'll be dismissed for 17 days and then possibly make the all-time world record. The media dismissed us before. Let them dismiss us again and find themselves wishing they hadn't.

billjarrett
11-30-2007, 03:35 PM
They don't care anymore.

Or some of us are stretched thin adults with budgets. I budgeted $100 for the 5th and $100 for the 16th. Worked it out so I could pay my bills and have that money on those days. Today was payday for me, its pretty much already gone. My next payday is the 14th, and out of that check I already budgeted $100.

Some of us don't have the luxury of going into the backyard and picking money off the tree everytime someone decides to have a bomb. Sorry.

NinjaPirate
11-30-2007, 03:36 PM
I didn't think this was so hyped up. I imagined this to be something small because we had very little time to coordinate, and spread the message.

WRellim
11-30-2007, 03:42 PM
I am complaining about Trevor giving such a goal to the press when we were only sitting on 2,000 pledges.

Yeah, me thinks all of the media attention has kind of gone to his head and "enlarged" it a bit too much.

Probably GOOD for his bubble to be "popped" a bit today -- that way it won't explode all over the place if/when Dec 16th actually succeeds.

Ego again... just the opposite of what it did to JB.:(

Midnight77
11-30-2007, 03:42 PM
I didn't think this was so hyped up. I imagined this to be something small because we had very little time to coordinate, and spread the message.

No, we had the time to do it and make it as successful as the Tea Party, but everyone decided to rally behind the Tea Party instead.

We'll beat Rudy's 3rd Quarter Fundraising today, which is an accomplishment, being that we have another whole month to go.

But by God, we must make the Tea Party successful or else we can say goodbye. We need to raise $18 - $20 Million this Quarter or else we won't look as strong as the Democratic Front Runners for sure. Even though their money comes from lobbyists, perception is reality for the American people.

UtahApocalypse
11-30-2007, 03:47 PM
Or some of us are stretched thin adults with budgets. I budgeted $100 for the 5th and $100 for the 16th. Worked it out so I could pay my bills and have that money on those days. Today was payday for me, its pretty much already gone. My next payday is the 14th, and out of that check I already budgeted $100.

Some of us don't have the luxury of going into the backyard and picking money off the tree everytime someone decides to have a bomb. Sorry.

And that's fine it is out of your control when you have the money. My complaint is those who are holding their money for the 16th when it is needed now. I don't get paid until the 2nd, thats when i will be donating. Money Bombs are fine and dandy, but I give when I can. I'm not holding onto things while the campaign slips away.

JohnnyWrath
11-30-2007, 03:55 PM
Probably GOOD for his bubble to be "popped" a bit today

I literally did NOT donate today because of his ego....I am quite sure there are others.

I WILL donate on the 16th.... the campaign is not currently broke from what I have read.

I donated twice on the 5th because I thought we were all in this together....I am NOT into following one mans lead....this is a movement, not a single player game.

Original_Intent
11-30-2007, 04:04 PM
And that's fine it is out of your control when you have the money. My complaint is those who are holding their money for the 16th when it is needed now. I don't get paid until the 2nd, thats when i will be donating. Money Bombs are fine and dandy, but I give when I can. I'm not holding onto things while the campaign slips away.

Today will make or break this campaign. period.

If ANYONE holds out then we have let down Dr. Paul. The eyes of the media, and the world are upon us. If we do nothing now, the tea party will not matter, we will already be old news. If we do not get the money for ads now, it wont matter all the air time will be taken. If we do not give our 100% today, we will lose.

Unfortunately many people have become to caught up in their ego's and own agendas with the Teaparty and are completely ignoring the campaign and its goals. I personally was for the Tea party until the campaign directed us they need this money for advertising NOW! not later. I now am 100% against the teaparty for the principle alone that many people are holding out until then, and thus could DESTROY the campaigns chances.

Everyone that is saying wait, or split it, or give some now and more later I am ashamed of.

Did you watch the last debate, Utah? Did you miss the part where Ron Paul said the campaign has so much money on hand that they are having trouble finding places to spend it? Was Ron Paul lying, Utah? Was he distorting the truth because it played well for the media? I really want your answer on this.

You say you are ashamed of people that are holding out. Doing $100 is a significant financial burden on our family, essentially one week of my wife's pay from her part-time job. We have given about $400 to date. If you want to be "ashamed" of me because I trust my own judgment over that of Bydlak, you are welcomed to your opinion.

You say it is an ego issue - NO it is what I believe will make or break this campaign, as fervently as YOU believe that today will make or break it. I am scraping some together to make a small donation later today. I have always said I felt that people can do today if they want the 16th when they want. I have laid out my reasons why i think the 16th is the way to go, and I would say my posts on that opinion are probably very few comapared to the dozens of separate threads started by Mentol_patch in particular and others in general.

I am ASHAMED of no one who is doing their best to support this campaign.

Like I said a few days ago, I expected that if things didn't go as well today as those promoted it wanted, they would start calling into question the patriotism or dedication of those who felt otherwise.

Your tactics, sir, are no better than the flag waving attempts of some of the other candidates when they try to dismiss Ron Paul.

Over and out.

Jojo
11-30-2007, 04:06 PM
I literally did NOT donate today because of his ego....I am quite sure there are others.

I WILL donate on the 16th.... the campaign is not currently broke from what I have read.

I donated twice on the 5th because I thought we were all in this together....I am NOT into following one mans lead....this is a movement, not a single player game.

May I ask what you think you are gaining with this? What the campaign, who have asked us for money before the 16th, is gaining with this?

JohnnyWrath
11-30-2007, 04:14 PM
Jojo, we all have our own opinions about things...

My opinion is that the huge money bomb on the 5th created far more publicity than today will by reaching the 12 million goal or by beating the others. Setting a "record" gets tons of publicity...they already did the whole deal with Ron having more money than McCain and they won't do it again at near the same level.

I also believe that the 16th can and should be much larger than the 5th even, and that this day diluted the 16th....both in publicity and in donations.

I do not believe the campaign is broke...do I work for them as a treasurer? no, but I don't think they are bankrupt....we have given them as much as any other candidate running top tier or not with more coming.

pacelli
11-30-2007, 04:18 PM
Hey, we just broke the $350,000 mark and the big 7p - 8p 'server test' hour posted on these forums has not yet come. That's still 2 hours away from now. If that hour is as successful as the enthusiasm expressed about it, then we'll be fine.

Today isn't the tea party, and regardless of whether people are 'holding out' or not, it is everyone's individual right to spend their money as they see fit. That's the beauty of a Paul Presidency which we all support and are fervent about encouraging. I don't think it is fair to question someone's faithfulness to the campaign or the grassroots if they cannot afford to make a large donation today.

As Dr. Paul says, freedom brings people together. We are all united today - if not in money, in belief. Lets not create burning bridges between members. Every dollar helps Dr. Paul, and today has helped him immensely already. I'm proud to be a part of today, and I hope all of us can find something positive in today's efforts.

Jojo
11-30-2007, 04:23 PM

My opinion is that the huge money bomb on the 5th created far more publicity than today will by reaching the 12 million goal or by beating the others. Setting a "record" gets tons of publicity...

I believe today is not so much about that. Today was organized because the campaign asked for money before the 16th for ads and such to insure we will win the primaries.

Original_Intent
11-30-2007, 04:25 PM

My opinion is that the huge money bomb on the 5th created far more publicity than today will by reaching the 12 million goal or by beating the others. Setting a "record" gets tons of publicity...they already did the whole deal with Ron having more money than McCain and they won't do it again at near the same level.

I also believe that the 16th can and should be much larger than the 5th even, and that this day diluted the 16th....both in publicity and in donations.

I do not believe the campaign is broke...do I work for them as a treasurer? no, but I don't think they are bankrupt....we have given them as much as any other candidate running top tier or not with more coming.

Yep. And people who attack our dedication because we believe in a different strategy, or who promised to "close ranks" after today and get behind the TeaParty but are already back pedaling need to assess the value they are bringing to this movement.

It has always been a "bottom-up" movement, that is what grassroots means. Too many want to now turn it into the same old "direction from the top" bull.

Shouls we listen to HQ? Sure. When they say "jump" should we say "How high?" Hell no! We should use our own brains, I trust what we come up with collectively over any one man's opinion. I will make an exception for Ron Paul. If he personally said they needed money now (as opposed to "We have so much money we hardly can find places to spend it all") then I would drop everything that I could immediately.

You folks that are trying to take the moral high ground because you "are doing what campaign HQ told you" really need to cool your jets, this has already caused enough division and there is no reason to let it divide us after today... unless you continue to harp about how WE made your money bomb fail. Have you ever heard of letting the market decide what is best?

markderidder
11-30-2007, 04:25 PM
Lets all just stop being so critical and pessimistic. One money bomb falls short of a goal and everyone seems to unravel.

Beating Guliani's 3rd quarter total should be celebrated and satisfying. Anything on top of that is icing on the cake.

Lets not look like a bunch of winers here.

-Mark

USCisCarolina
11-30-2007, 04:35 PM
Dr. Paul never promised anything today. In his eyes he just got a spike in funds for the campaign today. I just hope they spend the money more wisely than the other candidates.

They said the other candidates have already spent most of their money and Ron Paul is finishing up the 4th quarter with the most money in his pocket.

I think that's nothing but good news for the revolution.

tropicangela
11-30-2007, 04:37 PM
It's not even 7pm yet. Heck it's not even 6pm yet! People are still coming home from work.

We've made a huge stride today already.

JWallace
11-30-2007, 04:38 PM
Where we are today is farther along than yesterday. Beating any of those guys is great, but our money has a purpose beyond simply $. Every dollar whether it's $10.5 mil or $12 mil = ads/getting the message out = attracting voters = winning.

What we do today is what we do. Tomorrow we start a new day. Remember were we came from, but focus on the future.

me3
11-30-2007, 04:49 PM
You folks that are trying to take the moral high ground because you "are doing what campaign HQ told you" really need to cool your jets, this has already caused enough division and there is no reason to let it divide us after today... unless you continue to harp about how WE made your money bomb fail. Have you ever heard of letting the market decide what is best?
There is a lot of division because people who did not support this money bomb have done a lot to derail it. They couldn't just voice their differences and let it go, they had to go on and on and on. Even today, the negative posts from the 11/30 detractors DURING THE MONEY BOMB are a total downer to the community.

Would it be too much to ask you guys, to shut up for 6-1/2 hours and then you can tell everyone how smart you were about the potential of 11/30, and how the 11/30 donors ruined Christmas and December 16th?

Where we are today is farther along than yesterday. Beating any of those guys is great, but our money has a purpose beyond simply $. Every dollar whether it's $10.5 mil or $12 mil = ads/getting the message out = attracting voters = winning.
It's so nice to see a new member "get it". Welcome to the Revolution. :D

JohnnyWrath
11-30-2007, 04:53 PM
Beating Guliani's 3rd quarter total should be celebrated and satisfying.

This is very true.

Blowback
11-30-2007, 05:16 PM
So what... we "fail" today (we really win because we surpass Guiliani's and others #'s) but let's just say the media proclaims that we have failed.

All that will do is piss off a ton of Ron Paul supporters and further boost Dec 16th. We get press tomorrow for failing (press=press).

Dec 16th roles around and we get a shit load of postiive press for our massive success. Nov. 30 "fail" is forgotten.

We get two free touch points (contacts) with the voters and the residual impression left is one of success.

No big deal.

louisiana4liberty
11-30-2007, 05:28 PM
They will spin this into 'Paul is losing his support'. I hate to say it but these a-holes will do it.

We really need to raise some money this evening.

UtahApocalypse
11-30-2007, 05:40 PM
No one seems to get it......

Who Cares what the media say? I dont care if the say we fail, win, or anything. What i care is the CAMPAIGN needs the money NOW not later, yet everyone is holding off for the big, too late for ads, too late to get the needed voters, to late to win, teaparty.

I dont care if on Dec. 16th we bring in 2000 Billion dollars and 2 weeks worth of wall to wall coverage, it will be too late to help the Campaign where the need it. Th need AD paid for a made for Iowa, and NH and they need to do that NOW. Not in mid fucking December.

Richandler
11-30-2007, 05:54 PM
Well, you guys really put the campaign at risk with all the in fighting. First December 16th was way too far off and we lost a lot of momentum from setting it so far away. Then instead of setting a modest goal of $10 million by the end of November, which was still ahead of schedule, we tried to do 12. That was a bad idea. We're in a good position, but unfornately constantly begging for media attention will hurt us pretty bad if we fail at our goals. We don't have time for the MSM we only have time for voters and delegates. I do suspect that December 16th will do us good. Hopefully out raise all Republican candidates for any previous quarter before the quarter is even over will speak volumes going into Iowa.

I know a lot of people here seem a bit up set about Huckabee as of late because he is giving us a run for the money. He is heading towards his peak coming this December which is very dangerous for us. This was by design. The media has been showering him with polls and interviews recently even before he "won" the debate. He is their new pick with a month to go. He has the chance of taking Iowa and South Carolina. We must remain strong and out raise him, and win at least New Hampshire and Nevada. It's very crucial we remain grassroots and continue to grow our support.

10 Million was my goal by the end of November, as usualy we destoryed it. Where we go from here, is a choice I leave to you.

pacelli
11-30-2007, 05:58 PM
Engage in 3 minutes.

Original_Intent
11-30-2007, 05:59 PM
No one seems to get it......

Who Cares what the media say? I dont care if the say we fail, win, or anything. What i care is the CAMPAIGN needs the money NOW not later, yet everyone is holding off for the big, too late for ads, too late to get the needed voters, to late to win, teaparty.

I dont care if on Dec. 16th we bring in 2000 Billion dollars and 2 weeks worth of wall to wall coverage, it will be too late to help the Campaign where the need it. Th need AD paid for a made for Iowa, and NH and they need to do that NOW. Not in mid fucking December.

Here's your sign.

According to your own claim you don't care if we got "2 weeks of wall to wall coverage" for December 16, the campaign needs the money now.

Agree or disagree about the campaign's need, this kind of small thinking, and not understanding that media coverage 3 weeks before the primaries is worth more (I would say many times more) than a million or two for the campaign now.... (deleted beyond this point as it became a personal attack for which I apologize)