PDA

View Full Version : No jail time for former Collier deputy in molestation case

phill4paul
03-10-2014, 06:43 PM
A Former Collier County deputy accused of molesting a teenage boy in 2010 will not serve jail time for the allegations.

Charles Bullock pled no contest in court Monday morning. He must serve two years of probation and must give up his law enforcement license. If he violates his probation, he could face up to 10 years in prison.

The state acknowledged the alleged victim's family wanted prison time for Bullock in the past. But they say attempts to contact them prior to the plea deal were unsuccessful.

Top Naples defense attorney Jerry Berry says there were "inconsistencies" in the alleged victim's story before the sate lost touch with him and his family.

"It isn't fair. It isn't fair to Chuck Bullock that he was arrested. It isn't fair to Chuck Bullock that he had to plead any charges. When you look at the facts carefully, I've been through the deposition of the alleged victim and there's a clear credibility issue with the allegations made by the young man," he said.

The alleged incidents occurred in April of 2010 when the then 15-year-old boy told Naples police officers that Bullock peered over a bathroom stall in the Coastland Center Mall while he was urinating.

A report then states, "Once inside the restroom, the male subject commanded juvenile victim to pull down his pants, or he would pull them down for him."

According to the report, there were three occasions in which the two met up and Bullock performed oral sex on him.

The alleged incidents, witnessed by a mall janitor, launched a flurry of accusations.

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/24931437/no-jail-time-for-former-collier-deputy-in-molestation-case#.Ux5aWD9dXId

And then of course there is THIS..........

Clemency for Timothy Tyler, life for a nonviolent drug offense

My brother Timothy Tyler was just 25 years old when he was sentenced to die in prison for a nonviolent drug offense. He's watched murderers and rapists leave prison while he has no chance of ever leaving. He is now 45 years old and I want to bring him home.

Timothy was a young Grateful Dead fan, who in May of 1992, sold pot and LSD to a friend who turned out to be a police informant. He had never been to prison before, but a judge was forced to give him double life without the possiblity of parole because of two prior drug convictions — even though both those convictions resulted in probation.

Life without the possibility of parole means my brother will never have a chance to live outside of prison walls. It's effectively a death sentence.

Tim made mistakes when he was young, but after 22 years in prison, he has more than paid his debt to society. He is not a threat to anyone. He wasn't given a chance to get clean and sober to think about the damage he was doing to his life. They locked him up and threw away the key.

But there's hope.

In December, President Obama granted clemency to 8 nonviolent drug offenders who were serving mandatory sentences for crack cocaine. And the Department of Justice recently asked for Bar Associations throughout the country to send them more clemency petitions for nonviolent drug offenders.

It costs $25,000 per year to keep my non-violent brother in prison for a mistake he made more than 20 years ago. So far, that is over half a million dollars. Not only is that not justice, but it's a waste of money.

I need your help to show them that Americans think Timothy has paid his debt to society and shouldn't be housed in a cage at the expense of taxpayers anymore. He should be granted clemency.

To:
President of the United States
Clemency for Timothy Tyler

I'm writing you today to ask that you grant clemency to Timothy Tyler, who is serving life without the possibility of parole for a nonviolent drug offense.

Incarcerating Timothy Tyler costs taxpayers $25,000 per year for mistakes he made more than 20 years ago. So far, that is over half a million dollars.
Sincerely,
[Your name]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfg3jyKAtWE

https://www.change.org/petitions/my-brother-was-sentenced-to-life-without-parole-for-a-nonviolent-drug-offense?utm_source=action_alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=50891&alert_id=tkfovNYthJ_QnSlgyfucL

VoluntaryAmerican
03-10-2014, 07:08 PM
"Prosecutors were hi-fiving his other attorneys,"

phill4paul
03-10-2014, 07:11 PM
"Prosecutors were hi-fiving his other attorneys,"

Good days work. Time for a steak and ale.