PDA

View Full Version : Edward Snowden Had Better Never Come Home

PierzStyx
03-10-2014, 05:40 PM
I work in a telephone call center doing phone surveys. (Yeah, I'm one of THOSE people.) This past little while we have been doing a survey about political subjects, one of which is people's opinion on Edward Snowden. We call all across the country, in every time zone, in every region. And by far Americans as a majority seem to have demonstrated two things to me and my colleagues.

1. Americans know very very very little about what Edward Snowden did, what he did and did not reveal, and what it tells us the government is doing to us. Their ignorance was astounding.

and

2. They still want him to hang for it. By far, most people wanted him tried for treason, which carries the death penalty. Some volunteered that they thought he should be executed for his crimes, even though that wasn't specifically asked for on the survey.

So, Edward Snowden, if this every reaches you-Don't come home. Not now at least. The American sheeple do not understand what you have done for them and would see you imprisoned, or worse killed, for telling the truth and revealing the government's corruption. Sadly you are safer and freer in a place like Russia than you would be here.

phill4paul
03-10-2014, 05:42 PM
Did they give you a call list or was it random?

cajuncocoa
03-10-2014, 05:45 PM
Good grief, people are not only stupid but heartless. Why would someone want to hang a guy if you're not absolutely certain about what he did?

JK/SEA
03-10-2014, 05:49 PM
Good grief, people are not only stupid but heartless. Why would someone want to hang a guy if you're not absolutely certain about what he did?

this is why sometimes i say...''we're fucked''....but i try and stay positive in spite of the 'low information sheep'...

youngbuck
03-10-2014, 05:50 PM
Why would someone want to hang a guy if you're not absolutely certain about what he did? Same reason many people are okay with drone assassinations and undeclared wars. It's a symptom of the country's lack of moral fortitude.

Anti Federalist
03-10-2014, 05:59 PM
Why am I not surprised?

Because this is human nature, this ability to be both cowardly and bloodthirtsy, stupid yet cunning.

Jesus understood this.

Hobbes understood this.

Jefferson understood this.

Mencken understood this.

The fatal vanity was that, as Americans, we somehow thought we were "better" than that.

History will end up proving us to be the very worst.

I agree with the OP...Ed, if you happen to read this: STAY AWAY!

Boobus will kill you for trying to set him free.

Mini-Me
03-10-2014, 07:00 PM
Ugh...execute him based on vague assumptions inculcated by propaganda? "Rome is the mob." :(

phill4paul
03-10-2014, 07:03 PM
Ugh...execute him based on vague assumptions inculcated by propaganda? "Rome is the mob." :(

When in Rome.............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO6uBQJ35N0

Anti Federalist
03-10-2014, 07:11 PM
And I'll just set this down right here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIoMXYBztdg

liberty2897
03-10-2014, 07:30 PM
Very disturbing. I thought people were slowly starting to wake up, but lately it seems to be going the other way. I hope Snowden finds his new home to be better than the one he had to leave.

cajuncocoa
03-10-2014, 07:33 PM
Very disturbing. I thought people were slowly starting to wake up, but lately it seems to be going the other way. I hope Snowden finds his new home to be better than the one he had to leave.
I never thought they were waking up. They only appeared to do so because Obama continued many of W. Bush's policies....suddenly the MSM who supported those policies under Bush opposed them under Obama. The sheep followed.

Henry Rogue
03-10-2014, 07:34 PM
I work in a telephone call center doing phone surveys. (Yeah, I'm one of THOSE people.) This past little while we have been doing a survey about political subjects, one of which is people's opinion on Edward Snowden. We call all across the country, in every time zone, in every region. And by far Americans as a majority seem to have demonstrated two things to me and my colleagues.

1. Americans know very very very little about what Edward Snowden did, what he did and did not reveal, and what it tells us the government is doing to us. Their ignorance was astounding.

and

2. They still want him to hang for it. By far, most people wanted him tried for treason, which carries the death penalty. Some volunteered that they thought he should be executed for his crimes, even though that wasn't specifically asked for on the survey.

So, Edward Snowden, if this every reaches you-Don't come home. Not now at least. The American sheeple do not understand what you have done for them and would see you imprisoned, or worse killed, for telling the truth and revealing the government's corruption. Sadly you are safer and freer in a place like Russia than you would be here.
Those people still think this is the land of the free.

Mini-Me
03-10-2014, 07:39 PM
I never thought they were waking up. They only appeared to do so because Obama continued many of W. Bush's policies....suddenly the MSM who supported those policies under Bush opposed them under Obama. The sheep followed.

The mob's utter depravity never ceases to shock me, but I guess it's been clear for a long time they'll never be like us. They just don't have the capacity or personality for it. There are still intelligent people out there who are waking up now when they weren't ready before, but the mob is a different story. The best we can do is make them envy us enough in some way that they'll superficially imitate our way of thinking and blindly follow us instead of the establishment. :-/

Anti Federalist
03-10-2014, 07:51 PM

Cuz, 'MuriKa damn it!

Freedom and something and stick a boot up their ass and ragheads...<belch>

Anti Federalist
03-10-2014, 07:53 PM
Those people still think this is the land of the free.

Yup, no shit...

But I've noticed something, a subtle shift in the bullshit chorus.

Now it's not "defending freedom" but defending "our values".

Only a fool can truly call this the land of the free with a straight face.

Anti Federalist
03-10-2014, 08:01 PM
The mob's utter depravity never ceases to shock me, but I guess it's been clear for a long time they'll never be like us. They just don't have the capacity or personality for it. There are still intelligent people out there who are waking up now when they weren't ready before, but the mob is a different story. The best we can do is make them envy us enough in some way that they'll superficially imitate our way of thinking and blindly follow us instead of the establishment. :-/

Nothing was more disheartening than what occurred in Boston almost a year to the day now.

In the very city that, 238 years ago to the very day took up arms against their oppressors and literally shot them in the face, the exact same thing happened, and Boobus cheered the lockdown and abuse.

I was there and saw it with my own eyes, and I wept like that Indian brave in the litter commercial from the 70s.

We are not the same people we were then, not by a long shot and we are, as a whole, not deserving of freedom or liberty.

Dianne
03-10-2014, 08:03 PM
All one has to do is look at the Congress, and see the likes of Lindsey Graham, John McCain, Mitch McConnell, Nancy Pelosi, Peter King, Harry Reid, (just to name a few), that keep getting re-elected over and over again to know this country is comprised of primarily idiots ... They have always been idiots and will never awaken .. They are slaves to the masters they continue to re-elect, and slaves to the news media that continue to brainwash they and their children.

PierzStyx
03-10-2014, 08:39 PM
Did they give you a call list or was it random?

Random. We have a Random Digit Dialer that randomly calls numbers in whatever regions we are focusing on for that day.

AuH20
03-10-2014, 11:02 PM
Why am I not surprised?

Because this is human nature, this ability to be both cowardly and bloodthirtsy, stupid yet cunning.

Jesus understood this.

Hobbes understood this.

Mencken understood this.

The fatal vanity was that, as Americans, we somehow thought we were "better" than that.

By the very same token, if you take control of the narrative, you can control them as easily as well. That's why I'm not worried about being outnumbered. The sheep will eventually fall in line as they desperately clamor for that shepherd. We need to be the shepherd. That's the lesson here.

Guitarzan
03-10-2014, 11:08 PM
Do you know who your company is doing a survey like that for?

That would be a tidbit of interesting information...

Mani
03-10-2014, 11:43 PM
Do you know who your company is doing a survey like that for?

That would be a tidbit of interesting information...

Dept. Of Homeland security. LOL. :p

I'm sure if the Poll asked about who Miley or Beiber or a Kardashian the response would be much more informed and indepth.

fr33
03-11-2014, 12:00 AM
A lady that I know was excited that the Pope was Time's person of the year and in the same breath expressed that she was disgusted that Snowden was a fellow nominee. When I compared Snowden to people like Patrick Henry and Thomas Paine, she didn't know who they were.

LibertyEagle
03-11-2014, 12:01 AM
People know what they hear on TV. That is all most know.

muh_roads
03-11-2014, 01:14 AM
People don't care about what is the right thing to do. They only care that their sports team "won".

I sometimes torture myself by lurking the democratic underground and there are so many people over there that dislike Snowden. It's really fucking sad. If this happened under Dubya's watch democrats would pounce all over it.

I guess one thing is for sure, Republicans are consistent with their fascist embrace. Hopefully Rand can change some minds.

frodus24
03-11-2014, 07:03 AM
TV is the biggest distractor in this country. In my opinion, it has single handily ruined people's ability to think!

Philhelm
03-11-2014, 07:13 AM

More like execute him for admitting what everyone other than complete and utter morons already assumed was happening.

Thor
03-11-2014, 09:40 AM
Baaaaaahhhhhh... Hillary, Hillary, shes our man, if she can't do it, Christie can!

Did you see the game last night...

Burp.

VegasPatriot
03-11-2014, 10:06 AM
I work in a telephone call center doing phone surveys. (Yeah, I'm one of THOSE people.) ...
Oh, you are one of THOSE people I hang up on in the first five seconds of the call. I wonder how many liberty lovers or supporters of Snowden would even give a telemarketer the time of day, let alone discuss politics with them. So I am sure your numbers are skewed; however, I do find it disturbing that a large number of people are so ignorant.

donnay
03-11-2014, 10:55 AM
Oh, you are one of THOSE people I hang up on in the first five seconds of the call. I wonder how many liberty lovers or supporters of Snowden would even give a telemarketer the time of day, let alone discuss politics with them. So I am sure your numbers are skewed; however, I do find it disturbing that a large number of people are so ignorant.

So true.

I also wonder how the questions lead the person to their answers?

Christopher A. Brown
03-11-2014, 10:58 AM
Good grief, people are not only stupid but heartless. Why would someone want to hang a guy if you're not absolutely certain about what he did?[/i]

Cocoa, your perspective is really right on.

My take is that he was used. A puppet. He did not compromise national security. He was used to distract us from more important things, but mostly to make us afraid to share information needed to unify in defense of the constitition and resist NWO, federal infiltration.

Anti Federalist
03-11-2014, 11:11 AM
By the very same token, if you take control of the narrative, you can control them as easily as well. That's why I'm not worried about being outnumbered. The sheep will eventually fall in line as they desperately clamor for that shepherd. We need to be the shepherd. That's the lesson here.

Valid point.

I think what needs to be understood is that there will be no large scale "awakening", no resurgence of liberty and humanity in the human breast of Boobus.

Cap
03-11-2014, 11:11 AM
Why am I not surprised?

Jesus understood this.

Hobbes understood this.

Mencken understood this.

I would add to the list:
Stalin
Hitler
Mao
and Our current overlords.

AnarchoCapitalist
03-11-2014, 11:14 AM
They want fed and entertained. After that, most couldn't care less about what happens.

Anti Federalist
03-11-2014, 11:16 AM
My take is that he was used. A puppet. He did not compromise national security. He was used to distract us from more important things, but mostly to make us afraid to share information needed to unify in defense of the constitition and resist NWO, federal infiltration.

So Snowden was a government stoolie?

Not afraid, my data mining friend, the word is cautious.

Cleaner44
03-11-2014, 11:24 AM
Why am I not surprised?

Jesus understood this.

Hobbes understood this.

Mencken understood this.

My theory is that most people don't want to be free, they want to be taken care by someone else that they believe is smarter and stronger than they are. Humans flock to what they percieve as protective father figures. A strong state fills that need for many.

Danke
03-11-2014, 11:46 AM

I would guess it is a more older crowd too, just land lines, right?

angelatc
03-11-2014, 11:51 AM

and

Maybe he should run for Congress.

Marenco
03-11-2014, 05:39 PM
http://izquotes.com/quotes-pictures/quote-the-mobs-of-great-cities-add-just-so-much-to-the-support-of-pure-government-as-sores-do-to-the-thomas-jefferson-345122.jpg

jjdoyle
03-11-2014, 07:03 PM
Maybe he should run for Congress.

I don't know. It seems like he actually took his oath very seriously, protecting against "enemies foreign and domestic".
Well, assuming he took the oath....

But, everything I know of him, and what he did, and what he continues to do/say, seems spot-on. A quote about the recent breaking news about the CIA spying on Senators/staff.
"Snowden, who is in Russia on temporary asylum, added: “But it’s equally if not more concerning that we’re seeing another ‘Merkel effect,’ where an elected official does not care at all that the rights of millions of ordinary citizens are violated by our spies, but suddenly it’s a scandal when a politician finds out the same thing happens to them.”"

He should be hired by a political firm, to make talking points and quick responses to current issues like this. Freaking destroyed them on the hypocrisy. Completely destroyed.

Source for quote from article here: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/11/edward-snowden-dianne-feinstein-hypocrisy-nsa-cia

Carson
03-11-2014, 09:36 PM
This seems like a lousy place to come to and post threats against Mr. Snowden.

I surprised the statement still stands.

It looks to me like the poll of this thread and Edward Snowden's actions would warrant him a Congressional Medal of Honor. That is if there was any honor left in Congress.

In the very least you'd certainly be welcome as far as I'm concerned.

Carson
03-11-2014, 09:38 PM
I don't know. It seems like he actually took his oath very seriously, protecting against "enemies foreign and domestic".
Well, assuming he took the oath....

But, everything I know of him, and what he did, and what he continues to do/say, seems spot-on. A quote about the recent breaking news about the CIA spying on Senators/staff.
"Snowden, who is in Russia on temporary asylum, added: “But it’s equally if not more concerning that we’re seeing another ‘Merkel effect,’ where an elected official does not care at all that the rights of millions of ordinary citizens are violated by our spies, but suddenly it’s a scandal when a politician finds out the same thing happens to them.”"

He should be hired by a political firm, to make talking points and quick responses to current issues like this. Freaking destroyed them on the hypocrisy. Completely destroyed.

Source for quote from article here: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/11/edward-snowden-dianne-feinstein-hypocrisy-nsa-cia

It makes it pretty clear whom they are working for.

Anti Federalist
03-11-2014, 10:59 PM
My theory is that most people don't want to be free, they want to be taken care by someone else that they believe is smarter and stronger than they are. Humans flock to what they percieve as protective father figures. A strong state fills that need for many.

And as men get weaker, more feminized and become "manboys", the state grows stronger.

Look at all those people cheering the SWAT raiders in Boston last year as they locked down a city and frog marched hundreds of people out of their homes at gun point.

Young and female, mostly.

osan
03-13-2014, 01:26 AM

Wa this a rhetorical question?

osan
03-13-2014, 01:40 AM
A ladySome pathetic slag that I know was excited that the Pope was Time's person of the year and in the same breath expressed that she was disgusted that Snowden was a fellow nominee. When I compared Snowden to people like Patrick Henry and Thomas Paine, she didn't know who they were.

While the real nausea I feel at the moment is from some degree of food poisoning I am currently experiencing, the content of this thread is thus far doing nothing to attenuate it. Therefore, if I'm going to feel ill anyway, I may as well fix that fer'y.

osan
03-13-2014, 01:47 AM
More like execute him for admitting what everyone other than complete and utter morons already assumed was happening.

IOW, the American Meaner.

The average American is a complete and utter moron, made worse by orders of magnitude by the fact that he chooses his state of degradation in resolute rejection of anything better.

I admit my lust to see these people wiped from the earth, but how can they be without the same fate befalling those whom I view as deserving of freedom and prosperity?

Damn if food poisoning doesn't drive me to the edge of despair.

DamianTV
03-13-2014, 02:04 AM
SXSW Attendees Clueless About Snowden

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH2cSrUnSSw

(SXSW means South By Southwest)

Anti Federalist
03-13-2014, 09:08 PM
Bump

Dianne
03-17-2014, 08:53 AM
I'm starting to question Snowden's authenticity. Obama is now justifying transfer of internet governance to the New World Order because of his own NSA spying.

I think those things Snowden has been reporting are in the NSA's dreams only. We all know how inefficient the Federal government is, but they wish us to believe we are being spied on via phones, televisions, internet, webcams, refrigerators, etc. I believe it's a scare tactic, and untrue. Snowden may just be the CIA pawn that was used, intentionally to give public justification to many of Obama's dirty deeds.

Face it, if the NSA could do half of what they claimed; why would we be looking for a missing aircraft. For days, alleged relatives claimed the smart phones were still ringing and a few were still showing up as being online. And the NSA couldn't even pinpoint a geographical area?

fr33
03-18-2014, 10:50 PM
I'm starting to question Snowden's authenticity. Obama is now justifying transfer of internet governance to the New World Order because of his own NSA spying.

I think those things Snowden has been reporting are in the NSA's dreams only. We all know how inefficient the Federal government is, but they wish us to believe we are being spied on via phones, televisions, internet, webcams, refrigerators, etc. I believe it's a scare tactic, and untrue. Snowden may just be the CIA pawn that was used, intentionally to give public justification to many of Obama's dirty deeds.

Face it, if the NSA could do half of what they claimed; why would we be looking for a missing aircraft. For days, alleged relatives claimed the smart phones were still ringing and a few were still showing up as being online. And the NSA couldn't even pinpoint a geographical area?

The US is not the leading search team for the aircraft. You're just one step away from becoming one of those that say Ron Paul was controlled opposition. He's been at it for decades while the Feds expand and conglomerate with globalist entities. My advice is to not go cold turkey on the medication.

Natural Citizen
03-18-2014, 11:12 PM
The US is not the leading search team for the aircraft. You're just one step away from becoming one of those that say Ron Paul was controlled opposition. He's been at it for decades while the Feds expand and conglomerate with globalist entities. My advice is to not go cold turkey on the medication.

Snowden's authenticity is actually in question a bit depending upon which circles one is having a pow wow in about goings on.

Warlord
03-19-2014, 02:09 AM
Snowden's authenticity is actually in question a bit depending upon which circles one is having a pow wow in about goings on.

He's legit.