PDA

View Full Version : CA-San Diego cops SWAT raid strip club to check stripper's licenses.

Anti Federalist
03-10-2014, 04:31 PM
San Diego police raid strip club, photograph strippers

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-watch/wp/2014/03/10/san-diego-police-raid-strip-club-photograph-strippers/

By Radley Balko

March 10 at 2:20 pm

From ABC News 10 in San Diego:

The mood at the strip club in Kearny Mesa quickly turned intense Thursday night when 10 officers swarmed the building with guns and bulletproof vests, interrupting business for a couple of hours.

“I didn’t know if it was a bank robbery or serial killer on the loose the way they had come in like that,” said manager Rich Buonantony.

So why the show of force? Was there a violent fugitive inside? A drug kingpin? Was the club suspected of some sort of criminal conspiracy?

No. None of that.

The detectives showed up to make sure all 30 dancers had proper permits and were in compliance. Surveillance video shows the women lined up and officers taking down their information.

“They asked us for our licenses and then took down our Social Security and had us line up in the back of the dressing rooms and take pictures,” said stripper Katelynn Delorie.

Delorie is a hairdresser by day and a stripper at night. She has a lot of tattoos and says that made things even worse.

“They made me feel like I was a gang member pretty much and they wanted to document every single one of my tattoos.”

So this was a regulatory operation. But instead of sending a few bureaucrats to do the paperwork, the city of San Diego thought it appropriate to send a team of gun-toting cops to raid the place (similar to recent masked, militarized SWAT raids on massage parlors). Remember, according to the report, there was no suspicion of criminal activity here. This was a routine inspection. Which raises the question: Are all routine, regulatory inspections of San Diego businesses done with raid teams? Is it just strip clubs? Are strippers known for being dangerous? And if the photos were necessary for record-keeping purposes, why was it necessary to photograph the women while they weren’t wearing clothing?

It’s also puzzling why the TV station felt obligated to protect the identities of the police officers. If this was truly just a regulatory inspection, the cops wouldn’t be undercover officers. So what’s the point? This seems to be to be a pretty questionable use of that sort of force. The TV station obviously believes there’s at least an argument to be made that it was, or they wouldn’t have aired the story. TV stations air the names and photos of people suspected of crimes all the time. Yet police officers are public servants, who are authorized to carry guns, forcibly detain, and in some cases kill.

There’s a strong argument that journalists should make every effort to expose the identities of officers who use force in questionable ways, not go out of their way to obscure them.

phill4paul
03-10-2014, 04:34 PM
Just a "boy's night out." Probably sanctioned for killing someone in the bed over a plant.

phill4paul
03-10-2014, 04:40 PM
TV stations air the names and photos of people suspected of crimes all the time. Yet police officers are public servants, who are authorized to carry guns, forcibly detain, and in some cases kill.

There’s a strong argument that journalists should make every effort to expose the identities of officers who use force in questionable ways, not go out of their way to obscure them.

Officer safety.

aGameOfThrones
03-10-2014, 04:45 PM
Someone missed a payment.

Anti Federalist
03-10-2014, 04:54 PM

Business is slow?

Fuck you, pay me.

Lightening struck the joint?

Fuck you, pay me.

Can't find good help?

Fuck you, pay me.

tod evans
03-10-2014, 05:02 PM
It's okay it's just a titty bar...:mad:

Next week it'll be just a biker bar, or just a **** bar, or, or........

phill4paul
03-10-2014, 05:08 PM
It's okay it's just a titty bar...:mad:

Next week it'll be just a biker bar, or just a **** bar, or, or........

My local V.F.W. Lol. I dare 'em. I love being able to watch the perimeter camera's on the small TV next to the sport's screen. "Who's car is that?" "I dunno. Is it my turn to check 'em out?" "Yep." "Be right back. Set me up a cold one."

mad cow
03-10-2014, 05:09 PM
“They asked us for our licenses and then took down our Social Security and had us line up in the back of the dressing rooms and take pictures,” said stripper Katelynn Delorie.

Delorie is a hairdresser by day and a stripper at night. She has a lot of tattoos and says that made things even worse.

Did they demand to see both her stripper's license and her hairdresser's license?

phill4paul
03-10-2014, 05:13 PM
Did they demand to see both her stripper's license and her hairdresser's license?

New law (restricting government of course): Anyone with less training hours should not be able to question another for their license.

DamianTV
03-10-2014, 05:38 PM
"To Serve and Collect..."

This is the New Normal for Amerika.

ravedown
03-10-2014, 05:41 PM
yeah- wonder when they're gonna start raiding hair salons? good to see balko reporting this stuff in the wapo. wonder how long he'll last pissing off the PTB.

JK/SEA
03-10-2014, 05:46 PM
I could be wrong, but i think this is an abuse of power, and American Idol is pretty exciting this year.

Where's my beer?...

jclay2
03-10-2014, 06:20 PM
Rapists in training.

aGameOfThrones
03-10-2014, 06:53 PM
I wonder how the police briefing went like.

Stg. douche-bag: We are going in a High Stakes area. There is going to be a High Level of activity. We will have to move quick if we want to Come-out Wieners.

Officer stupid 1: Will their be any weapons?

Stg. douche-bag: Yes. We suspect the weapons will be concealed within their pants.

Stg. douche-bag. People, above anything else... be safe!

Too many ? cop: LOL, aren't we just checking for licences?

Stg. douche-bag: You're dismissed.

Pericles
03-10-2014, 07:17 PM
Hands on inspection?

Danke
03-10-2014, 07:30 PM
Did zey find anyone without die proper Papiere?

Anti Federalist
03-10-2014, 07:35 PM
Did zey find anyone without die proper Papiere?

Your Paperzz...zey are not in order, Komrade.

kcchiefs6465
03-10-2014, 08:25 PM

“They made me feel like I was a gang member pretty much and they wanted to document every single one of my tattoos.”
If you have no ink, never get any ink. A word to the wise.

Though anymore, facial recognition software will make documenting tattoos an almost useless measure.

What a bunch o' fucking fascists.

brushfire
03-10-2014, 08:59 PM
Freedom is the only way....

MRK
03-10-2014, 09:23 PM
I really feel sorry for people still living in big cities in California. There's a whole different world to be experienced out there.

kcchiefs6465
03-10-2014, 10:15 PM
yeah- wonder when they're gonna start raiding hair salons? good to see balko reporting this stuff in the wapo. wonder how long he'll last pissing off the PTB.
They used regulatory inspection as a means to check and document barbers in Florida who were suspected of selling drugs. Radley Balko covered it in his book and has pointed to the absurdity of such actions a couple of times that I've seen. Ski-masked agents, wearing no sort of identification, raided a couple of barbershops on regulatory grounds (making sure the men had a barbering license [and documenting names]) as a means to circumvent obtaining a warrant.

The way they documented the woman's tattoos, it would seem to be the same scenario. They send confidential informants (substance addicted subsidized whores, who were themselves arrested and extorted (by the DA [or DEA]), as a means to avoid absurd prison sentences) into an establishment and badger people into pointing them to where drugs are at. They buy some drugs and then this.

Documenting tattoos so that when state's witness/agent says, "Well the girl who sold me this had this tattoo." Damning is an understatement when fascist sympathizers wish to imprison people for non-crimes.

This is what it is about. It isn't, though as riveting as it may be for particular sadists, a means to forcibly parade women around and simply check if they are licensed. It is a Constitutionally abhorrent means of evading the requirement for a search warrant by eliciting the help of the myriad of thousands of regulatory codes (by eliciting the help of unconstitutional, bureaucratic schemes, rather).

puppetmaster
03-10-2014, 10:33 PM

ding ding winner

AnarchoCapitalist
03-11-2014, 11:25 AM
Business is slow?

Fuck you, pay me.

Lightening struck the joint?

Fuck you, pay me.

Can't find good help?

Fuck you, pay me.

Surprised nobody caught this reference. Good stuff

fisharmor
03-11-2014, 11:44 AM
Surprised nobody caught this reference. Good stuff

Dude, a lot of us are at work.
If I get caught checking out a forum when it's slow and I don't owe anyone anything, I can blow it off.

If someone walks by and there's a picture of women feeling each other up on my screen, I can't blow that off.

Show some respect for those with jobs and change your avatar.

Philhelm
03-11-2014, 12:08 PM
I wonder how the police briefing went like.

Stg. douche-bag: We are going in a High Stakes area. There is going to be a High Level of activity. We will have to move quick if we want to Come-out Wieners.

Officer stupid 1: Will their be any weapons?

Stg. douche-bag: Yes. We suspect the weapons will be concealed within their pants.

Stg. douche-bag. People, above anything else... be safe!

Too many ? cop: LOL, aren't we just checking for licences?

Stg. douche-bag: You're dismissed.

Is this going to be a standup fight, sir, or another bug hunt?

dannno
03-11-2014, 12:21 PM
I really feel sorry for people still living in big cities in California. There's a whole different world to be experienced out there.

San Diego has always been a military hub but with the relative lack of a police state and the fact that it was spread out enough it was pretty awesome back in the 60s, 70s (from what I heard), 80s and 90s... after that it has really gone downhill, I would never move back...

I would say there are a couple small pockets, one in LA County and one in San Diego county I would be willing to live if I had to, but not my first choice.

chudrockz
03-11-2014, 12:30 PM
Dude, a lot of us are at work.
If I get caught checking out a forum when it's slow and I don't owe anyone anything, I can blow it off.

If someone walks by and there's a picture of women feeling each other up on my screen, I can't blow that off.

Show some respect for those with jobs and change your avatar.

I'm at work, but I'm on break. I totally missed that. Thanks for pointing it out. Hot!

asurfaholic
03-11-2014, 02:14 PM
This is depressing. All those ladies, and none resisted or refused to be processed like cattle absent any crime or suspicion even.

Who deserves liberty?

kcchiefs6465
03-11-2014, 09:02 PM
This is depressing. All those ladies, and none resisted or refused to be processed like cattle absent any crime or suspicion even.

Who deserves liberty?
What do you expect them to do, half-naked and at work?

Generally speaking, people have things to worry about, kids, their own illegal issues, etc. A lot of blame can be laid at the general populace's complacency but you be in that scenario with ski-masked thugs and automatic weapons pointed at you.

Who deserves liberty? Certainly not the armed fascists running around terrorizing people.

Spikender
03-11-2014, 11:20 PM
Already know what all these jackbooted cowards have as their backgrounds and screensavers now.

Fuck these disease ridden hounds of the state. Guess they got bored and needed to not only stroke their power hard on but their real one as well.