PDA

View Full Version : A money bomb must be tied to a big idea or a significant day

curtisag
11-30-2007, 11:33 AM
Remember, remember the 5th of November! The Boston Tea Party! And... rudy's reading list? I have to say I'm not surprised this money bomb is flopping down on its' face. A money bomb has to be tied to something memorable, an idea or a certain day. This is a very good lesson for us all. We've learned that you can't just pull a money bomb out of your posterior and expect people to turn out to donate. I'm not trying to be negative for the sake of being negative here, I'm just trying to point out our mistake so we can correct it in the future with other money bombs.

jenninlouisiana
11-30-2007, 11:36 AM
Curtis, you're such a debbie downer.

I havent' sent my money in yet.

Chill.

Eleanor
11-30-2007, 11:53 AM
Something to think about:

What if some major event, or minor, hyped event is continuously talked about in the media on December 16th? I'm sure that on September 10, 2001 the average person could not even conceive that things would not be business as usual a week later.

TODAY we have the media's attention. We may not have it on the 16th - especially if we don't reach $12 million today.

November 5th was different. Before November 5th the media took no notice of us, and the average person had never heard of Ron Paul.

Today the media knows very well about us (I would not call USA Today a fringe, little-read publication), and their eyes are on us to watch us flop at reaching $12 mil - and will very likely cheer about it.

pacelli
11-30-2007, 11:56 AM
Today's moneybomb is tied to a big idea: Freedom.

Sematary
11-30-2007, 12:01 PM
Remember, remember the 5th of November! The Boston Tea Party! And... rudy's reading list? I have to say I'm not surprised this money bomb is flopping down on its' face. A money bomb has to be tied to something memorable, an idea or a certain day. This is a very good lesson for us all. We've learned that you can't just pull a money bomb out of your posterior and expect people to turn out to donate. I'm not trying to be negative for the sake of being negative here, I'm just trying to point out our mistake so we can correct it in the future with other money bombs.

This was not meant to be an event on the scale of the 5th. In fact, it is pretty much what I expected it to be - a really good day but not spectacular or newsworthy. The 16th is reserved for that special honor (if the damn site will work properly and consistently). I hope there are no more money bombs after that.

Sematary
11-30-2007, 12:03 PM

What if some major event, or minor, hyped event is continuously talked about in the media on December 16th? I'm sure that on September 10, 2001 the average person could not even conceive that things would not be business as usual a week later.

TODAY we have the media's attention. We may not have it on the 16th - especially if we don't reach $12 million today.

November 5th was different. Before November 5th the media took no notice of us, and the average person had never heard of Ron Paul.

Today the media knows very well about us (I would not call USA Today a fringe, little-read publication), and their eyes are on us to watch us flop at reaching $12 mil - and will very likely cheer about it.

We don't have to reach 12 million to succeed and the USA Today is not waiting for us to "flop". The fact that we've reached 10 million in 2 months with a stated goal of 12 million for the quarter is what will grab the headlines.

chowda
11-30-2007, 12:10 PM
how is today a flop? we're already the 4th best day of the quarter and we'll probably end up second only to the 5th... this day is a raging success.

shepburn
11-30-2007, 12:22 PM

how much have you donated today?

margomaps
11-30-2007, 12:23 PM
how is today a flop? we're already the 4th best day of the quarter and we'll probably end up second only to the 5th... this day is a raging success.

You said it!

Elwar
11-30-2007, 12:24 PM
Dibs on being the first to call for a General election money bomb for July 4th.

:cool:

Sematary
11-30-2007, 12:24 PM
how much have you donated today?

Good question.
I donated my $100