PDA

View Full Version : Post here if you are a first time donor.

RonPaulFTFW
11-30-2007, 11:32 AM
And didn't donate in the NOV. 5th.

I am!

Melissa
11-30-2007, 11:35 AM
welcome

RoyalShock
11-30-2007, 11:40 AM
Me!

$50 today, $50 to come on Dec. 16.

I've never donated to any compaign in my 20 years of voter eligibility. And as soon as we're within 2 months of the Kansas primary, I'm going to put my first ever political yard sign up!

Vendico
11-30-2007, 11:47 AM
moi. I've never donated before either. I'm 32.

ChrisV
11-30-2007, 11:54 AM
I am relatively a new donor. I have also never donated to any political campaign before and am pleased to finally see a candidate worth supporting.

$100 - 11/21/07
$202 - today
$250 - December 16th
$100 - Blimp Pledge as well

RonPaulFTFW
11-30-2007, 11:56 AM
nice spread chris.

PhilA
11-30-2007, 12:53 PM
First political contribution ever. Going to change my party from independent to republican today so I can vote for Ron Paul in the primaries.

tropicangela
11-30-2007, 12:54 PM
First time ever donor today! $25

Young_Apprentice
11-30-2007, 01:16 PM
21, Got paid to be a research subject at my school yesterday so I could make my first donation today. I'm pretty excited.

mosquitobite
11-30-2007, 01:21 PM
Me!

I've never donated to any compaign in my 20 years of voter eligibility. And as soon as we're within 2 months of the Kansas primary, I'm going to put my first ever political yard sign up!
:cool:
Indiana's primaries aren't until May, but I've got 2 signs in my yard already. The more exposure he gets, the more following he gets. What are you waiting for? :D

RoyalShock
11-30-2007, 01:45 PM
:cool:
Indiana's primaries aren't until May, but I've got 2 signs in my yard already. The more exposure he gets, the more following he gets. What are you waiting for? :D

City ordinance. And since I'm on our city council, I should probably follow it! :D

Christine
11-30-2007, 01:51 PM
First time donor $65.00 today and pledged $100.00 for the 16th. Just received my "new" voter registration card yesterday!! Only took 1 week in PA to change parties.

mosquitobite
11-30-2007, 01:55 PM
City ordinance. And since I'm on our city council, I should probably follow it! :D

LOL! ok ;)

I'm probably breaking ordinances. :D Don't care! I live right at a 3 way stop (my driveway would be the 4 way) so I take advantage of the angles to catch em all!

RoyalShock
11-30-2007, 02:04 PM
LOL! ok ;)

I'm probably breaking ordinances. :D Don't care! I live right at a 3 way stop (my driveway would be the 4 way) so I take advantage of the angles to catch em all!

Unfortunately (at least for this purpose), I live on a very low-traffic street in a small town (pop. 1300). But that's not going to deter me!

Someone should have made some Ron Paul inflatable snowmen to display for the Christmas season!

Melissa
11-30-2007, 02:08 PM
I am in Indiana too and I also have my sign up already lol

Nyte
11-30-2007, 02:10 PM
21, Got paid to be a research subject at my school yesterday so I could make my first donation today. I'm pretty excited.

Wow. Taking one for the team! Thank you!

This is my first political contribution also.

MarcS
11-30-2007, 02:10 PM
Yup, first time. Donating what I can on a college student budget. Going to make sure everyone at the campus libertarians meeting tonight does so as well.

WRellim
11-30-2007, 03:36 PM
Me!

Why wait to put out the sign?

If there are local "regulations" I assure you that they are completely UN-constitutional limitations of your inalienable rights to POLITICAL Freedom of Speech.

You wanna keep your rights? Sometimes you have to FIGHT for them -- or at least EXERCISE them.

WRellim
11-30-2007, 03:39 PM

Ummm, actually, since you are a city council, you should demonstrate OBEDIENCE to the Constitutional LIMITS on government, rather than slavish devotion to abuse of authority.

Which means NOT passing laws (or "ordinances", "regulations", or even orcish "rules") that VIOLATE the rights guaranteed by that Constitution. (And also probably guaranteed by your State Constitution as well as case law, etc.)

JenaS62
11-30-2007, 03:50 PM
Today was the first that I have donated as well. $25 today and $100 for the Tea Party and any other money I can spare in the next month.

RoyalShock
11-30-2007, 03:55 PM
Ummm, actually, since you are a city council, you should demonstrate OBEDIENCE to the Constitutional LIMITS on government, rather than slavish devotion to abuse of authority.

Which means NOT passing laws (or "ordinances", "regulations", or even orcish "rules") that VIOLATE the rights guaranteed by that Constitution. (And also probably guaranteed by your State Constitution as well as case law, etc.)

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

I have no problem with local ordinances, which I believe the Constitution allows. They are what allows communities to be a reflection of its citizenry. I still have freedom of speech as I can talk to anyone, anytime, about anything I want if they are willing to listen.

This probably isn't the place to talk about it, but I take it you don't agree with rules that prohibit electioneering with a certain distance at voting sites?

(This will probably be my last post in this topic as I will probably be offline for the next few days, starting in a few minutes.)

GO RON PAUL!!!

Brian in Maryland
11-30-2007, 04:12 PM
I have a sign in my yard and I hope there is a "law" against it. I read a thread about this a few days ago where someone was being threatened with a $1000 a day fine. Apparently these laws have already been struck down by the Supreme Court. (note: a law that is not constitutional is invalid from itís inception, not when a court declares it unconstitutional. Remember, We The People are the ultimate protectors of the Constitution. To take that to it's ultimate conclusion they include the 2nd amendment in the Bill of Rights.)

We have freedom of speech and it is our private property after all. It can't be taken without a seizure warrant also.

RickNHouston
11-30-2007, 04:12 PM
Not only am I a first time donor but this is the first time I will have voted in 24 years. i just refuse to vote for the lesser of two evils. Feels great to be hopeful about my grand kids future!

Maverick
11-30-2007, 04:17 PM
I'm not really a new donor I guess, but this will be the first time giving money to Ron Paul on a moneybomb day. I put in $25 dollars about a week ago, and I plan to kick in another $25-50 today during the 7-8pm window :D

Brian in Maryland
11-30-2007, 04:19 PM
Not only am I a first time donor but this is the first time I will have voted in 24 years. i just refuse to vote for the lesser of two evils. Feels great to be hopeful about my grand kids future!

Amen to that. In my 30 some years of voting I finally have someone that is not the lesser of 2 evils. I am so excited about Dr. Paul. This is a real revolution.

kaaos
11-30-2007, 04:25 PM
And didn't donate in the NOV. 5th.

I am!

already donated once Nov. 5th, but just thought it was cool to see someone else on here who is into anarcho punk.. crass owns :D

davidt!
11-30-2007, 06:14 PM
Well I just donated and it was the very first time I have ever donated to a political candidate. I will save up to donate again at the big tea party!

DavidTX
11-30-2007, 07:53 PM
I have never cared much for politics whatsoever. Apologetically, I voted for Bush in 2000, but refused to vote in 2004.

For the first time ever, I have gained a huge interest in politics, and today I made my first (small but symbolic $17.76) contribution EVER to a campaign today!

Thanks to Ron Paul, I have hope! We absolutely HAVE to get him in office. I've been scared this country won't be fit to live in not that many years from now. He can turn all that around!

enjerth
12-01-2007, 04:07 PM
Last night, two co-workers were first-time donors. I've been chatting their ears off about Ron Paul and they're interested, but reserved about donating. I talked them in to donating $5 each.

Then I matched their donation to make them feel better about it. They gave me the cash and I made the donation on behalf of them, so I've also made this post on behalf of them.

There would likely have been another co-worker, but she was at a funeral. She's got a lot more enthusiasm for Ron Paul than the other two.

RonPaulFTFW
12-01-2007, 04:29 PM
good job enjerth.

split_lipz
12-01-2007, 04:30 PM
I didn't donate on the 5th, but I will donate on the 16th for sure.

Never donated to a political campaign ever before.

Ball
12-01-2007, 05:14 PM
First time, for $100

RonPaulFTFW
12-01-2007, 09:44 PM
I bet no other republican has these kinds of new donations.

That's our strength.

Mark Mosconi
12-01-2007, 10:18 PM
I've followed the campaign closely for many, many months, but my first donation occurred on November 5th. It took a huge concept like that to bring me into the political process with cash of my own. I had never even conceived of donating to a campaign before hearing of Ron Paul. And the success of the 5th inspired me to really get out there and get the word out. The 2004 elections had me believing the political system was doomed. Ron Paul has given me hope.

JoeSixPack
12-02-2007, 11:26 AM
I'm new and donated on the 30th. And I'm ready to donate again on the 16th. My first political donations ever (if you don't include being a member of the ACLU).

son of liberty
12-02-2007, 01:06 PM
tried to donate on the 5th, didn't get confirmation through. Not sure what happened. I did get confirmation this time.

son of liberty
12-02-2007, 01:07 PM
Will donate the full 100 on the 16th, then I drop a (bomb within a bomb) of 25 bucks.