PDA

View Full Version : N licences & IDs to carry veteran designation

Snew
03-09-2014, 01:54 PM
http://www.wral.com/nc-licenses-ids-to-carry-veteran-designation/13461132/

Qualified North Carolina military veterans may now carry the designation of veteran on their driver licenses and identification cards.
State officials said military veterans requested the designation to help them obtain military discounts from retailers and service providers without having to show their military discharge form.

Some people are more equal than others?

phill4paul
03-09-2014, 02:35 PM
Be careful what you ask for. Vets are coming under fire, more and more, as those that know warfare are scrutinized by those in power and their hounds. I'm a N.C. Vet. I don't care to have this on my drivers license, thank you very much.

pcosmar
03-09-2014, 03:03 PM
Be careful what you ask for. Vets are coming under fire, more and more, as those that know warfare are scrutinized by those in power and their hounds. I'm a N.C. Vet. I don't care to have this on my drivers license, thank you very much.

Yup,, you may be targeted for more than discounts.

Anti Federalist
03-09-2014, 03:18 PM
What Pete and Phill said.

You may get much more than you bargained for.

Pericles
03-09-2014, 04:05 PM
OTOH, I didn't mind only having to pay $25 for the concealed handgun license that others get to pay $140.

oyarde
03-09-2014, 04:10 PM
http://www.wral.com/nc-licenses-ids-to-carry-veteran-designation/13461132/

Some people are more equal than others?

Edit: Shoot, typo. Title should be "NC licences..."

I would not have it on my license.

DamianTV
03-09-2014, 04:19 PM
I dont know. Its one thing to take a sense of pride by having served in the US military before it turned into what has become today. On the other hand, they might as well put the word "Veteran" in the "Restrictions" column. More and more, it seems that laws are pushed on us that prohibit Vets from carrying Guns for the simple fact that they have served.