PDA

View Full Version : McCain Says Cruz "Crossed a Line," Should Apologize to Dole

Constitutional Paulicy
03-09-2014, 12:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GwWeF8gTGw

McCain Says Cruz "Crossed a Line," Should Apologize to Dole
Written by Jack Kenny
Saturday, 08 March 2014 15:45

Senator John McCain (shown) yesterday accused Senator Ted Cruz of having "crossed a line" when the Texas Republican claimed that the GOP's most recent losing presidential candidates — Bob Dole, McCain, and Mitt Romney — "don't stand for principle." McCain, the five-term Republican senator from Arizona and the party's 2008 nominee, said Cruz owed Dole an apology.

Cruz, in a speech Thursday at the Conservative Political Action Conference, told the crowd the three losing presidential candidates should have stood up for their views. "All of us remember President Dole, President McCain, and President Romney," Cruz said facetiously. "All of those are good men, those are decent men — but when you don't stand and draw a clear distinction, when you don't stand for principle, Democrats celebrate," he said.

"He can say what he wants to about me and he can say anything he wants to about Mitt," the senator from Arizona said on MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell Reports. "But when he throws Bob Dole in there, I wonder if he thinks that Bob Dole stood for principle on that hilltop in Italy, when he was so gravely wounded and left part of his body there fighting for our country?"

more here... http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/item/17802-mccain-says-cruz-crossed-a-line-should-apologize-to-dole

ClydeCoulter
03-09-2014, 12:18 AM
Who cares what you have to say, McCain?
You want to kill lots people for your goals but then you say that some guy that got hurt should be apologized to just because he got hurt? smh

NorthCarolinaLiberty
03-09-2014, 12:56 AM
I love it when other people go on TV and decide who should apologize to whom.

MichaelDavis
03-09-2014, 01:14 AM
So because Dole is a veteran, he has conservative principles? McCain is a cooked goose come 2016. He's hated by Democrats and Republicans alike. The polls show he trails a hypothetical Democratic nominee.

Constitutional Paulicy
03-09-2014, 01:20 AM
I love it when other people go on TV and decide who should apologize to whom.

Johnny Wetstart McCain wouldn't dare demand an apology for his servitude as a decorated pilot. It might bring up some unwelcome controversy.

Bastiat's The Law
03-09-2014, 01:58 AM
I see nothing wrong with Cruz's statement.

Dianne
03-09-2014, 03:03 AM
Cruz was correct, so why does he have to apologize to anyone? He was just calling out democrats pretending to be republicans; i.e., Dole and John McCain.

I think back in horror that we came so close to having insane John McCain as President.

Cleaner44
03-09-2014, 05:51 AM
Its always the same thing with McCain... ignore the lack of principles that a politicians has because they served in the military decades before.

Irrelevant.

compromise
03-09-2014, 05:59 AM
So because Dole is a veteran, he has conservative principles? McCain is a cooked goose come 2016. He's hated by Democrats and Republicans alike. The polls show he trails a hypothetical Democratic nominee.

I bet he just retires. That will open the door for one of Arizona's conservative Congressmen - Salmon, Schweikert or Gosar. Other potential candidates would be former Congressman Hayworth or Barry Goldwater III.

Hopefully Trent Franks (Arizona's Phil Gingrey) and Ben Quayle (establishment RINO) don't run.

LibertyEagle
03-09-2014, 06:42 AM
I cannot say what I would like to say to McCain. He so disgusts me, there are no words.

Dogsoldier
03-09-2014, 08:29 AM
Mcain understandably comes into politics with a lot of hatred. He shouldn't be in politics. I believe he wants revenge for the treatment he had as a pow and I completely understand how he might feel towards other countries and that's why we should all pray that he never ever ever ever becomes president because I believe he would be more then willing to launch some nukes.

specsaregood
03-09-2014, 08:51 AM
I bet he just retires. That will open the door for one of Arizona's conservative Congressmen - Salmon, Schweikert or Gosar. Other potential candidates would be former Congressman Hayworth or Barry Goldwater III.

Hopefully Trent Franks (Arizona's Phil Gingrey) and Ben Quayle (establishment RINO) don't run.

I still say he wont retire until one of his kids (probably his "real" son) is ready to run in his stead. That's how royalty works.

Henry Rogue
03-09-2014, 09:52 AM
So, by omission is McCain saying Cruz is correct about he and Romney?

angelatc
03-09-2014, 10:37 AM
Here is exactly what Cruz was talking about.

This is from a stupid liberal website, but this is NOT the small government position:

http://upload.democraticunderground.com/imgs/home/121205-compassionate-conservatism.jpg

jkr
03-09-2014, 10:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XA8PXbTb7OQ

MichaelDavis
03-09-2014, 01:23 PM

Salmon appears to be Arizona's best Congressman. Unfortunately, it's unlikely that he runs for the Senate. He says he regrets term-limiting himself in 2000, saying “I’m not term-limiting myself again”. Franks voted for continued NSA metadata collection. Schweikert is probably the best we'll be able to do.

pcosmar
03-09-2014, 01:38 PM
I cannot say what I would like to say to McCain. He so disgusts me, there are no words.

Oh,, there are words.

My wife uses them often enough. ;)

erowe1
03-09-2014, 01:52 PM
Wow. McCain is asking a lot here. If anything Cruz overdid it in his praise of them when he called them decent men.