PDA

View Full Version : 'What you do on your cell phone is none of their damned business!'

donnay
03-08-2014, 08:32 AM
'What you do on your cell phone is none of their damned business!': Rand Paul thrills libertarians and unites CPAC with anti-NSA stemwinder

Paul, a Kentucky senator, got the Conservative Political Action Conference's loudest applause with a libertarian message
He railed against President Obama for allowing the National Security Agency to seize millions of Americans' phone records with a single warrant
Paul is seen as a major 2016 presidential contender
The CPAC even has heard from other crowd favorites Ted Cruz, Chris Christie, Rick Santorum and Donald Trump
Paul sued the Obama administration, and the president personally, in February over the alleged NSA abuses

By David Martosko, U.s. Political Editor

A sustained noise that could best be called a hoot and holler greeted Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul at the mention of his name, before he took the stage at Friday's Conservative Political Action Conference and declared that cell phone records sought by government agencies were 'none of their damned business!'

By the time he launched into his blue streak against the National Security Agency and quoted Pink Floyd to criticize President Barack Obama, the overflow crowd of thousands sounded like Beyonce concertgoers who had stumbled into the wrong ballroom.

The crowd simultaneously drank it in and shouted it out, making Paul the star of the Conservative Political Action Conference's second day and giving him – by far – the event's loudest applause.

'If you have a cell phone, you are under surveillance' from the federal government, Paul warned in his biggest moment. 'I believe what you do on your cell phone is none of their damned business!'

One group of partisans shouted 'President Paul! President Paul!' as he spoke.

Continued... (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2575923/What-cell-phone-none-damned-business-Rand-Paul-thrills-libertarians-unites-CPAC-anti-NSA-stemwinder.html)

cajuncocoa
03-08-2014, 10:33 AM
I like to hear Rand speak like this. :)

donnay
03-08-2014, 11:18 AM
I like to hear Rand speak like this. :)

Me too!

FSP-Rebel
03-08-2014, 11:30 AM
:cool: