PDA

View Full Version : Doing a presentation on State remedy

GunnyFreedom
03-08-2014, 06:27 AM
Check out the rough draft. Misspellings are almost entirely truncations to fit, I still have some time to work out the format and text area.

I want to sprinkle in some on-topic political cartoons, memes and such; and since there is plenty of time I am open to adjusting my material.

So flip through the pages and do please discuss!

http://glenbradley.net/share/keys/prespreview/index.html

TaftFan
03-08-2014, 12:10 PM
Are you friends with Kevin Gutzman on Facebook? I bet he would help you out. I'll look over it in full later.

GunnyFreedom
03-08-2014, 01:41 PM
Are you friends with Kevin Gutzman on Facebook? I bet he would help you out. I'll look over it in full later.

Thanks, this is going to be the foundation of my speaking on nullification, 10th Amendment, Article V etc.

GunnyFreedom
03-09-2014, 12:43 AM
:)

GunnyFreedom
03-09-2014, 05:59 PM
Hum

KCIndy
03-09-2014, 06:31 PM
Glen, can you give us a few details about how you're going to be using this?

Are you going to be projecting these images onto a large screen, sort of like a PowerPoint presentation? Or will this be distributed for everyone to view on their own computers on an individual basis?

I'm only guessing here, but it appears to me that you'll be using this as a backdrop while you're making your speech. I'm assuming you'll flesh out each point while you talk.

Am I close?

GunnyFreedom
03-10-2014, 05:49 AM
Yes, exactly; I will be using this as a giant backdrop while I give my speech and elucidate the points. I basically use my phone to flip through next next next. I point with a laser pointer and just talk. :)

there are presentation notes that did not get included in the export to HTML that probably would have made that clear. :p

GunnyFreedom
03-10-2014, 05:52 AM
Also, there are a crapton more things I'll be doing like slide transitions and checking the boxes as I go through the points, but that's all superficial crap. :p

GunnyFreedom
03-11-2014, 12:28 AM
I really need to remember to bump this during hours when people are around. :p

Origanalist
03-11-2014, 12:37 AM
I just bookmarked it, a little tired to delve into it right now.

GunnyFreedom
03-11-2014, 01:00 AM
I just bookmarked it, a little tired to delve into it right now.

Thanks!

I really appreciate it. I've gotten too close to it now and if I don't gain some perspective I'm going to end up smudging it. I want to add 5-6 more slides with things like political cartoons, memes, video under 1 minute (I want to replace the vid I have with a better one showing Congressional ignorance of the constitution), other media.

Barrex
03-11-2014, 08:37 AM
How many slides it has?

Your superficial crap is really crappy:
-color of the text compared to the background,
-"We The People" box in white text box in old math paper box- too many unnecessary boxes.
-picture in slide 32 is too complex to be seen-unless you will project it on huge wall and your audience is 20 years old with perfect vision you should use arial or standard letters that are clearly visible

Sincerely,

Mr. Smartass

TaftFan
03-11-2014, 02:10 PM
Some points:

-Are you going to bring up interposition?
-I would go more into Marbury vs. Madison, including the fact that Marshall should have recused himself
-Include FDR and his appointee's ideology
-Talk about why states are reluctant to embrace nullification (highway funding, other grants)
-I might mention nullification as a "vertical" check and balance in supplement of our "horizontal" check and balance system
-Youtube, not YouTUBE

Origanalist
03-11-2014, 11:29 PM
Bump

Origanalist
03-11-2014, 11:49 PM
Where are you giving the presentation at Gunny? And how is the reception to this type of thought in North Carolina if that's mainly where it's to be presented?

Origanalist
03-11-2014, 11:51 PM
Wear something blaze orange?