PDA

View Full Version : Rubin: "Rand Paul may be swell at CPAC, but speech reveals his huge flaw as a GOP pres. can."

RonPaulFanInGA
03-08-2014, 04:54 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2014/03/07/paul-the-younger-libertarian-vs-the-gop/

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) spoke late Friday afternoon at the Conservative Political Action Conference. It was very similar to last year’s speech, which suggests one of the many problems with the speech is its generic praise of “liberty” and an other-worldly take on the government as our real enemy.

First, it was filled with rubbish. In going for a big applause line from a room of 20-somethings, Paul suggested that the NSA is listening to all our phone calls. This is false, and it is disturbing if he doesn’t understand the difference between metadata and the content of phone calls. The portrait of a government on the verge of tyranny might stir his father’s former fans, but it is quite divorced from what the NSA does and whether its program is constitutional.

Does Rand Paul really think the Constitution doesn’t allow enemy combatants to be held at Gitmo? Apparently so – and he thinks the poor detainees are like innocent minorities with whom we should commiserate: “Justice cannot occur without a trial,” he said. “That fact should be abundantly clear to any group that has ever been persecuted. You can be a minority by the color of your skin or the shade of your ideology. Anyone who has ever paddled upstream, anyone who has ever been [in the] minority of thought or religion, anyone who has ever taught their children at home or sought to pray to God without permission should be alarmed that any government might presume to imprison without trial.”

Anti-Neocon
03-08-2014, 05:06 AM
Ha, I just made a new account "Fire Rubin" on there. Let's see how long I last :D

Warlord
03-08-2014, 05:22 AM
stop posting her crap

mrsat_98
03-08-2014, 06:11 AM
Ha, I just made a new account "Fire Rubin" on there. Let's see how long I last :D

You misspelled it. :toady:

unknown
03-08-2014, 07:09 AM
These statist pieces of trash.

This is getting me fired up.

That fire during the Ron Paul campaign days needed some stoking!!!

Spikender
03-08-2014, 07:39 AM
Sounds like a neocon has their panties in a twist over Rand Paul telling the truth.

unknown
03-08-2014, 09:22 AM

Shes getting owned in the comments section.

I saw your post, it was good, smooooooth.

Tywysog Cymru
03-08-2014, 09:32 AM
The people who support peace and civil liberties are beginning to realize that they are the majority.

dinosaur
03-08-2014, 10:57 AM
The people who support peace and civil liberties are beginning to realize that they are the majority.

What a great observation! Notice how Rand didn't use the speech to get into the usual debates, but to unite people and rise above them.