PDA

View Full Version : College Worker Attacked by Police and Arrested For Using Marker to Correct Map

SeanTX
03-08-2014, 04:36 AM
"Taken to the ground" for not immediately complying -- that would be considered aggravated assault if any of us went up to a woman and did that. However, we don't wear magic costumes. All this over using a marker to correct an error on a map.

Stupid b*tch did it to herself -- how dare anyone so much as complain about being kidnapped? Just shut up and tell it to the judge ...

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/03/07/raw-video-the-reason-utah-college-sent-police-to-arrest-one-of-its-own-employees-has-sparked-a-heated-debate/

College Sends Police to Arrest Its Employee After She Marked on Wall Map to Help Students – Cop’s Lapel Camera Caught the Whole Thing
Mar. 7, 2014 4:19pm Jason Howerton

When Ginger Anderson, a Utah Valley University employee and student, made a small change to an incorrect wall map inside of one the school’s buildings, she had no idea it would result in her being manhandled and arrested by police officers.

The 48-year-old, who works in the information center at the university, says she marked on the map with a marker because students were having trouble getting to classes. In fact, it was literally depicted upside down. She claims she corrected the map’s compass, and wrote in marker that the map was upside down.

That was in January.

Two days later, two officers with the UVU police department confronted Anderson and informed her that she would be issued a citation for “criminal mischief.” What happened next was caught on one of the officer’s lapel cameras.

When Anderson refused to immediately comply with the officers’ demands to come to the police station, one of the cops grabbed her, pushed her against the wall and took her to the ground.

Police say Anderson resisted while the UVU student and employee claims the officers used excessive force. Anderson also claims officers tried to handcuff her hands behind her back while she was wearing a large backpack, making that task difficult.

“Let me take my backpack off!” the woman can be heard shouting in the video.

An independent review found that Anderson did indeed resist — both passively and actively — and therefore officers did not break any laws or act inappropriately, KUTV reports.

Anderson says she’s more shocked that the police department decided to take such extreme action over a marking on a map that was intended to help students.

The arrest has sparked a contentious debate in KUTV’s comments section, some siding with Anderson and others siding with the officers.

“This woman is what is wrong with people today,” one user wrote. “She feels so entitled that she is above the Law!”

snip

Tod
03-08-2014, 05:04 AM
this is so bizarre

SeanTX
03-08-2014, 06:52 AM
this is so bizarre

And it gets even more bizarre, in this case police participated in a skit at church, carrying out fake arrests of pastors in front of church-goers. You'd think they would want to avoid this sort of publicity. Reminds me of something the police did in San Antonio a few years back, arresting 'Santa Claus' in front of a school assembly, supposedly to teach a lesson about the JustUs system. Good conditioning I guess.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/03/07/video-shows-ohio-police-handcuffing-and-arresting-pastors-in-front-of-terrified-congregants-but/

Viral Video: Police Handcuff and Arrest Pastors in Front of Terrified Church Congregants, But…
Mar. 7, 2014 8:58am Billy Hallowell

When three Ohio pastors were taken from their pulpits and arrested by local authorities for “defending the faith” over the weekend, parishioners were confused, concerned — and terrified. Then, viral video of the “arrests” led to public anger.

But there was one major problem: the scenarios were staged.

The preachers featured in the video — all from the Akron, Ohio, area — had reportedly asked local officers to help them put together a video to help advertise a drama they will soon perform at the Akron Civic Center titled “Defending the Faith,” the Associated Press reported.
pastor

snip

When police entered churches to facilitate the mock arrests during worship services, the Akron Beacon Journal said that many parishioners weren’t aware that the arrests were fake.

Some church members were even crying as their beloved faith leaders were hauled off, though a member from the production reportedly explained what was happening as the pastors were removed from the building.

When videos of the mock arrests were subsequently placed online, though, some members of the public began to criticize Summit County Sheriff’s office for what they believed were real-life examples of the rounding up and arresting of Christian pastors.

Sheriff Steve Barry found himself defending his office in the wake of the video release, telling media that the arrests were, indeed, staged.

snip

Spikender
03-08-2014, 07:31 AM
You see that comment right before the snip?

Yeah, the one by "one user"?

Yeah...

That's the mindset of the modern day American.

Fuck the state.

Weston White
03-08-2014, 07:34 AM
There is definitely more to this story... Somebody or somebodies are carrying out a personal grudge and misusing their position to do so.

unknown
03-08-2014, 07:39 AM
You see that comment right before the snip?

Yeah, the one by "one user"?

Yeah...

That's the mindset of the modern day American.

Fuck the state.

I really wanna see.

Can you link the page. Theres comments on the blaze article and 2 KUTV articles.

tod evans
03-08-2014, 07:39 AM
And it gets even more bizarre, in this case police participated in a skit at church, carrying out fake arrests of pastors in front of church-goers. You'd think they would want to avoid this sort of publicity. Reminds me of something the police did in San Antonio a few years back, arresting 'Santa Claus' in front of a school assembly, supposedly to teach a lesson about the JustUs system. Good conditioning I guess.

"Good" parishioners would have surrounded and disarmed the kops....

The conditioning is all wrong and these religious "leaders" are party to it....:mad:

Spikender
03-08-2014, 07:41 AM
I really wanna see.

Can you link the page. Theres comments on the blaze article and 2 KUTV articles.

I'm sorry, you must of missed it in Sean's first post. The last sentence:

“This woman is what is wrong with people today,” one user wrote. “She feels so entitled that she is above the Law!”

Fuck that bootlicker.

SeanTX
03-08-2014, 07:41 AM
And, one more from The Blaze, and I'll stop. The mayor of Scottsdale , AZ has "pissed off" local police, because he didn't allow a full minute of silence for a slain Phoenix cop during a city council meeting. Phoenix is a different city, and the fallen officer had already been mentioned, but it wasn't enough to appease the cops and their boot lickers. I see lots of traffic tickets in this mayor's future.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/03/05/video-citizen-asks-for-moment-of-silence-to-honor-slain-detective-at-council-meeting-mayors-response-results-in-some-very-pissed-off-officers/

Video: Citizen Asks for ‘Moment of Silence’ to Honor Slain Detective at Council Meeting – Mayor’s Response Results in Some Very ‘Pissed Off’ Officers
Mar. 5, 2014 5:17pm Jason Howerton

The mayor of Scottsdale, Ariz., is being called on to apologize after he told a citizen “no” when he asked for a minute of silence to honor a fallen Phoenix police detective at a council meeting on Tuesday.

During the public comment period of the meeting, resident Michael Aloisi asked members of the Scottsdale City Council if it would be OK to have a moment of silence in honor of Phoenix police Detective John Hobbs, who was fatally shot Monday by a suspect wanted for attempted murder. Another detective, also shot, was transported to a Phoenix hospital for emergency surgery.

snip

Lane told the Arizona Republic that there was “no disrespect intended” in his refusal to allow the moment of silence. He says it wouldn’t have been “appropriate” during the public comment portion of the meeting.

snip

“I find it outrageous. I find it offensive. I find it a bit of arrogance,” Joe Clure, president of the association, said. “I find it concerning with an elected official somehow doesn’t think it’s appropriate to recognize the sacrifice of a Phoenix police officer.”

There’s really no other way to put it than Phoenix police officers are seriously “pissed off” over the incident, Broomhead told TheBlaze. Attempts to contact Mayor Lane were unsuccessful.

snip

unknown
03-08-2014, 07:44 AM

Fuck that bootlicker.

Sorry I was a little confused.

Yah, when I saw that, my immediate thought is that its someone affiliated with the cops. Its too scary to think that anyone else would think that way.

Spikender
03-08-2014, 07:46 AM
Jim Lane did this to himself.

osan
03-08-2014, 04:26 PM
There is definitely more to this story... Somebody or somebodies are carrying out a personal grudge and misusing their position to do so.

My first thought exactly. "The school", so to speak, wants her out.

University politics at times can give those in DC a run for the money.

Anti Federalist
03-08-2014, 06:26 PM

Fuck that bootlicker.

Copsuckers.