PDA

View Full Version : Woman's Lawsuit Alleges Horrifying Abuse By Border Officers, Including Cavity Searches And...

green73
03-07-2014, 12:38 AM
...Forced Bowel Movements

Customs and Border Protection and a Texas hospital allegedly subjected a woman to repeated anal and vaginal cavity searches over a period of six hours without her consent and without a warrant, leaving her traumatized, according to a lawsuit filed in December. The hospital then allegedly sent the woman a bill for more than $5,000 after she refused to sign a consent form.

The civil lawsuit against CBP and the University Medical Center of El Paso, where some of the cavity searches were performed, raises questions about what legal protections are available to people when crossing an increasingly militarized border.

"Whether or not this reflects a pattern of practice [at CBP] is not yet clear," the woman's attorney, Laura Schauer Ives, told The Huffington Post. "But that the agents felt emboldened to do this, I think, is telling."

According to the complaint, which received renewed attention this past weekend after being featured on the public radio show "On the Media," the plaintiff is a 54-year-old woman from New Mexico who traveled to Ciudad Juárez in December 2012 to visit a close family friend who had been deported. The plaintiff, a U.S. citizen, asked the court to proceed anonymously due to the "highly personal and sensitive nature of the events."

When the woman returned to the United States through the port of entry at El Paso, Texas, border officials randomly selected her for further screening, the lawsuit says. While she was in line, a drug dog lunged at her, leading authorities to believe she was carrying drugs.

They then began a series of invasive cavity searches, the suit alleges. When those exams revealed nothing, authorities sent the plaintiff, referred to in the suit as "Jane Doe," to the University Medical Center of El Paso for more.

cont.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/06/border-cavity-search_n_4907225.html?utm_hp_ref=tw

Mani
03-07-2014, 04:09 AM
Jane Doe did this to herself....Right Frank?

"CBP stresses honor and integrity in every aspect of our mission, and the overwhelming majority of CBP employees and officers perform their duties with honor and distinction, working tirelessly every day to keep our country safe," the statement says.

Hey it's OK. says the gov't...They were keeping us safe...

How the fuck often does this really happen?? Twice is New Mexico (that we know of) and now Texas? Those guys in El Paso sharing notes with the cops in NM?

Enjoy your rape bitch...BTW, here's your bill.

Czolgosz
03-07-2014, 04:10 AM
Ungrateful.

She's free, safe from terrorists, and poor people aren't starving.

kathy88
03-07-2014, 05:37 AM
That's what you get for leaving 'Murika in the first place.

phill4paul
03-07-2014, 06:44 AM
"CBP stresses honor and integrity in every aspect of our mission, and the overwhelming majority of CBP employees and officers perform their duties with honor and distinction, working tirelessly every day to keep our country safe," the statement says.

Black on white, words on paper. Nothing more.

kcchiefs6465
03-07-2014, 08:55 AM
When the woman returned to the United States through the port of entry at El Paso, Texas, border officials randomly selected her for further screening, the lawsuit says. While she was in line, a drug dog lunged at her, leading authorities to believe she was carrying drugs.
Whether or not you are legally able to be sexually assaulted depends on a mutt's rationale. When dogs are brought into a system of law, well, needless to say, it is an unlawful system.

They have more authority in certain areas than judges and the police know this.

And it's not as if they are trained to be vicious/randomly try to bite/bite people from time to time. :rolleyes:

A classroom demonstration in Brazil, Indiana went awry last week when a police dog attacked a fifth grade boy. According to the Brazil Times, police officers visiting the school were conducting a mock drug raid on Oct. 17 when the dog bit the boy and left him with puncture wounds to the leg.

[]

Walters’ report said, “Max began searching the juveniles. The first male juvenile began moving his legs around as Max searched him. When the male began moving his legs, (this is what) I believe prompted Max’s action to bite the male juvenile on the left calf.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/10/27/police-dog-bites-fifth-grader-when-cops-conduct-mock-classroom-drug-raid/

Mini-Me
03-07-2014, 09:22 AM
I'm surprised they didn't say, "I can't reach my hand up that far, so I'm going to use my penis instead. Standard procedure." Then again, maybe that just would have been logistically counterproductive and pointless, if you know what I mean.

enjerth
03-07-2014, 12:03 PM
Because of the testimony of a dog-handler, who interprets the random actions of the animal as it suits his imagination, they subjected a woman to hours of rape.

But it's ok because their intentions were not to cause harm. They just HAD to make sure she didn't have a gram of green in her cervix or rectum.

Sorry folks, the battlefield in the war on drugs has just moved into your rectums. And they'll send you the bill for it, too.

Resistance will be most uncomfortable. It would be better for you if you just confess.

Mini-Me
03-07-2014, 12:11 PM
Because of the testimony of a dog-handler, who interprets the random actions of the animal as it suits his imagination, they subjected a woman to hours of rape.

But it's ok because their intentions were not to cause harm. They just HAD to make sure she didn't have a gram of green in her cervix or rectum.

Sorry folks, the battlefield in the war on drugs has just moved into your rectums. And they'll send you the bill for it, too.

Resistance will be most uncomfortable. It would be better for you if you just confess.

At least they have their priorities straight.

Anti Federalist
03-07-2014, 12:41 PM
Freedom.

'MuriKa.

And the band played on...

kcchiefs6465
03-07-2014, 08:07 PM

A 91 to 97% failure rate, these dogs have.

phill4paul
03-07-2014, 09:42 PM
Freedom.

'MuriKa.

And the band played on...

Was it this band.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDxGQcNq0QI

"Thine liberty in law...."

That shit just cracks me up.

fr33
03-07-2014, 10:26 PM
Does she have a husband? If so does he have any balls? Has he researched the addresses of those that violated his wife?

fr33
03-07-2014, 10:37 PM
Also we need the mandatory FrankRep response.

She has multiple cavities and crossed a border. She did this to herself.

phill4paul
03-07-2014, 11:00 PM
Does she have a husband? If so does he have any balls? Has he researched the addresses of those that violated his wife?

I wonder how many "suicides" would take place before dots were connected? If a cop was to shoot himself in his head, with something other than service weapon, while in the back of his squad car and handcuffed behind his back if it would be considered a "suicide?

Spikender
03-07-2014, 11:37 PM
I wonder how many "suicides" would take place before dots were connected? If a cop was to shoot himself in his head, with something other than service weapon, while in the back of his squad car and handcuffed behind his back if it would be considered a "suicide?

Even if a cop walked into the police station and shot himself in the face with his service weapon, they would likely still be looking for a perp.

Fuck the police.