PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Huckleberries talking about outraising Rudys Reading List!!

sharedvoice
11-30-2007, 11:04 AM
I think Huckleberry's minions are gonna try to outraise us today..
http://www.forum.hucksarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2810&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15

Current Chart:
http://ronpaulgraphs.com/rp_vs_huck_today.html

Let's do this! Donate today! :)

RonPaulVolunteer
11-30-2007, 11:13 AM
Someone needs to post these links over there...

http://www.newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin415.htm

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul148.html

hillertexas
11-30-2007, 11:14 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=44566

adpierce
11-30-2007, 11:16 AM
Let em talk on their best day they couldn't beat us today.

ronpaulitician
11-30-2007, 11:16 AM

Current Chart:

Perfect. I'm sure Huckabee will get some good numbers out of this, but it'll also motivate Paul supporters to donate more.

The thing to remember is that we're not just battling Guiliani, Romney, McCain, Thompson or Huckabee, we are battling the entire group of them, as especially their view on our foreign policy is diametrically opposed to that of our guy.

BlueGecko
11-30-2007, 11:17 AM
Well that's cute

ronpaulitician
11-30-2007, 11:19 AM
Let em talk on their best day they couldn't beat us today.
I wouldn't be too sure of that. Huckabee's surge is sure to bring new donors to his side and I think a lot of Paul supporters will hold onto their money until December 16th.

dsentell
11-30-2007, 11:20 AM
"I think Huckleberry's minions are gonna try to outraise us today.. "

Let them dream! :D :D

Challenges are good! :) :)

BuddyRey
11-30-2007, 11:21 AM
Let 'em try. It'll just embarrass them all the more when RP makes his quarter goal a month in advance.

Xanax Nation
11-30-2007, 11:24 AM
Someone needs to post these links over there...

http://www.newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin415.htm

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul148.html

And this one too: http://www.arkansasleader.com/2007/11/editorialshuck-flip-flops.html

RevolutionSD
11-30-2007, 11:25 AM
Donate 103 to beat HuckaBEE!

$103 today!!!

jdmac44
11-30-2007, 11:32 AM
*yawn* what's he have for the quarter?

sharedvoice
11-30-2007, 11:36 AM
hahahaha they are spiking the numbers... watch that graph closely how lame

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/8007/rpvhbnov30pg3.jpg

James R
11-30-2007, 11:37 AM
And this one too: http://www.arkansasleader.com/2007/11/editorialshuck-flip-flops.html

Huckabee's approval rating is under 50%
http://www.arkansasnews.com/archive/2006/10/03/News/337899.html

Edward
11-30-2007, 11:38 AM
hahahaha they are spiking the numbers... watch that graph closely how lameKnocking the supporters of other candidates does not help our cause.

Theocrat
11-30-2007, 11:39 AM
Knocking the supporters of other candidates does not help our cause.

Amen.

JohnnyWrath
11-30-2007, 11:43 AM
It's hard not to when they want more taxes, more government, less freedom, and more spending.... the guy even wants a nation wide smoking ban..?

jdmac44
11-30-2007, 11:44 AM
Looks like he's almost got three mil for the quarter. :rolleyes:

If they can beat us today, more power to 'em. Seems like many have rejected the idea of the Reading List and I'm tired of screaming about how we need it.

Edward
11-30-2007, 11:45 AM
It's hard not to when they want more taxes, more government, less freedom, and more spending.... the guy even wants a nation wide smoking ban..?Good. Attack Huckabee's ideas... not irrelevant aspects about his weight or appearance or his supporters.

PatriotOne
11-30-2007, 11:45 AM
I wouldn't be too sure of that. Huckabee's surge is sure to bring new donors to his side and I think a lot of Paul supporters will hold onto their money until December 16th.

What surge? Oh yeah...the surge that has been manufactured by the press because Guiliani, McCain, and Thompson are utter flops that even the press can't propagandize the real people into voting for them. Huckabee is just the neo-cons last pathetic attempt at putting forth a viable candidate OTHER than Ron Paul.

The Huckabee surge is merely smoke and mirrors. Just like Ron Paul's "fringe" "longshot" "never in our lifetime" candidacy is smoke and mirrors. Problem is a Ron Paul Presidency is as much a threat to the Repub crime families as it is to the Dem crime families.

Midnight77
11-30-2007, 11:48 AM
Gang, don't get cocky about Huckabee. In reality, he is our greatest threat right now.

sharedvoice
11-30-2007, 11:50 AM

Amen.

haha go play your violin. Nothing wrong with some bashing some skulls in and making some Brokeback Huckleberry Puddin' Pie! :eek:

sharedvoice
11-30-2007, 11:51 AM
Gang, don't get cocky about Huckabee. In reality, he is our greatest threat right now.

You are absolutely right. And that is exactly why the MSM has adored him now. We need to agressively take him out.

hawkeyenick
11-30-2007, 11:53 AM
You are absolutely right. And that is exactly why the MSM has adored him now. We need to agressively take him out.

I disagree, he's taking votes from "top tier" candidates, splitting up primary votes. That HELPS Paul

sharedvoice
11-30-2007, 11:54 AM
I disagree, he's taking votes from "top tier" candidates, splitting up primary votes. That HELPS Paul

Pal... Any vote for Huckabee is NOT a vote for Paul. Get real.

libertygirl
11-30-2007, 11:55 AM
higgybaby4huck- "I bet we could beat R.P's one day total if we could get the nation involved in that fundraiser... lol"

http://forum.hucksarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2876

We just happen to have the nation! =)

Edward
11-30-2007, 11:56 AM
haha go play your violin. Nothing wrong with some bashing some skulls in and making some Brokeback Huckleberry Puddin' Pie! :eek:Knowing that the media and supporters of other candidates view these forums, how does this help our cause? A lot of people are turned off of Ron Paul because they think his supporters are idiots.

sharedvoice
11-30-2007, 11:56 AM
higgybaby4huck- "I bet we could beat R.P's one day total if we could get the nation involved in that fundraiser... lol"

Darn right about that ;)

jdmac44
11-30-2007, 12:00 PM
Well that works okay until their candidate drops out and they need a place to go. What will be their impression of Ron Paul be like if they read about us slandering them and their candidate. I probably cross the line a bit myself but I try to keep it in check.

haha go play your violin. Nothing wrong with some bashing some skulls in and making some Brokeback Huckleberry Puddin' Pie! :eek:

sharedvoice
11-30-2007, 12:01 PM
Knowing that the media and supporters of other candidates view these forums, how does this help our cause? A lot of people are turned off of Ron Paul because they think his supporters are idiots.

Who cares what the f*ck they think? That is exactly what they want... YOU to be a good submissive-passive little sheep. Liberty is worth fighting for! :eek::eek::eek:

Edward
11-30-2007, 12:07 PM
Who cares what the f*ck they think? That is exactly what they want... YOU to be a good submissive-passive little sheep. Liberty is worth fighting for! :eek::eek::eek:It's not about being submissive, it's about putting yourself in a position to persuade others to vote for Ron Paul. The Jello Biafra's of the world don't win elections.

mollila
11-30-2007, 12:09 PM
Yes. Its tougher to convert them to Paul supporters after first insulting them.

Paul is a gentleman who is not badmouthing other candidates. Let us all follow his example and set a good example for the general public.

Think12345
11-30-2007, 12:12 PM
+1

Heather in WI
11-30-2007, 12:23 PM

Yes!

"I know no safe depository of the ultimate powers of the society but the people themselves, (A)nd if we think them not enlightened enough to exercise their control with a wholesome discretion, the remedy is not to take it from them, but to inform their discretion by education. This is the true corrective of abuses of constitutional power." Thomas Jefferson

We need to educate, not alienate, our fellow Americans! :-)

Original_Intent
11-30-2007, 12:25 PM
I am sure part of the reason for this is today they are well short of Huckster's November goal, nothing like getting the competitive juices flowing to help fundraising.

They had a strong day yesterday, it ain't gonna happen for them today.

JWallace
11-30-2007, 12:32 PM
Good for Huck. I wish him well. But we have our path, and they have their's.

awitelin
11-30-2007, 12:36 PM

Paul is a gentleman who is not badmouthing other candidates. Let us all follow his example and set a good example for the general public.

Quoted for TRUTH

James R
11-30-2007, 12:37 PM
Pal... Any vote for Huckabee is NOT a vote for Paul. Get real.

Most of the Huck votes will be taken away from Romney and/or Giuliani. It lowers the bar for Paul to win. Huckabee and Paul have virtually nothing in common and that possibly includes integrity. Regarding integrity, congressman Paul has a home said to be middle class. Being a doctor and a congress member, surely he could have lavished himself with luxury. He didn't though. Huckabee, despite having been a pastor, lavishes himself with millions in luxury, and thereby destroys all my trust in him:

"... $1.4 million renovation of the Governor's [Huckabee's] Mansion, the first major refurbishing since its completion in 1950. And Mrs. Huckabee is attempting to raise still more money from private sources -- as much as $4 million -- to significantly expand the stately Georgian brick residence."
http://www.stateline.org/live/ViewPage.action?siteNodeId=136&languageId=1&contentId=14103

How could Huckabee claim to be a Christian and spend $4 million+ of his family fortune on renovations to enlarge his mansion? There are some Christians who would practically live in a sewer for others who are less fortunate. Huckabee gets defensive about his 2,100 ft2 temporary residence being called a trailer. For a pastor to live in anything large and lavish is an insult to the Christian religion. I don't hold it against him for believing creationism. That would be ridiculous if I held that against him. What I do hold against him is his outrageously lavish lifestyle that I expect a Christian to frown upon, and especially a pastor who is supposed to be a good example.

AlexMerced
11-30-2007, 12:39 PM
the power of free market forces, woot woot

Edward
11-30-2007, 12:40 PM
We need to educate, not alienate, our fellow Americans! :-)I have no proof of this, but I suspect that women share Heather's view of this more so than men. Still, many of us wonder why Ron Paul has one of the lowest percentages of women supporters. Hmmmm.....

JWallace
11-30-2007, 12:46 PM

Bump

JenHarris
11-30-2007, 01:03 PM
I have no proof of this, but I suspect that women share Heather's view of this more so than men. Still, many of us wonder why Ron Paul has one of the lowest percentages of women supporters. Hmmmm.....

I think you're right about women sharing Heather's view; I certainly do.

It is a huge turn off for me to see people being demeaning or degrading another person for stupid reasons like who they support as a candidate, and sometimes I get furious at the people posting here for belittling others. I have thought many times of not returning.

I can only imagine what a first timer to the board, who is like me, would feel upon seeing the boards on a flame day. They probably wouldn't come back, and they probably wouldn't contribute to chipins, and might not select Ron as their candidate.

Yes, everyone has a right to express their opinions but I do think it's time for some people here to grow up and realize that what they say does have consequences and It could very well be costing us votes.

grizzums
11-30-2007, 01:11 PM
Oops...somebody is leveling off while someone else isn't...

http://ronpaulgraphs.com/thumb_rp_vs_huck_today.png

grizzums
11-30-2007, 01:13 PM
I have no proof of this, but I suspect that women share Heather's view of this more so than men. Still, many of us wonder why Ron Paul has one of the lowest percentages of women supporters. Hmmmm.....

I think a good showing on "The View" will help get Paul's message out to women voters.

Dan D.
11-30-2007, 01:27 PM
hahahaha they are spiking the numbers... watch that graph closely how lame

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/8007/rpvhbnov30pg3.jpg
Err... no. Ronpaulgraphs.com was unable to collect data for about 2 and half hours. Ron Paul's numbers have the same straight line (albeit at a higher slope). Please, let's not look silly when being competitive.

Midnight77
11-30-2007, 01:59 PM

Feminism and Hillary Clinton is the reason. That and Dr. Paul being Pro Life.

But more so the Feminism Ideology.

falsinator
11-30-2007, 02:18 PM
Whoa, Huckabee got a $30,000 spike at 15:00!

MarcS
11-30-2007, 02:25 PM

Yeah, but all the hucksers blew their load. Now he's flat lining.

fireinme
11-30-2007, 02:33 PM
this forum is a goldmine for our "enemies"

RonPaulVolunteer
11-30-2007, 02:36 PM

Huck's ARMY. Talk about MILITANT. Guess we know what we're getting if he wins the Presidency!! Better make sure he doesn't win!!

francisco
11-30-2007, 02:37 PM

That almost certainly represents off-line donations being added in all at once.

If that is all they've got, it's actually good news: I was concerned that they might have more than that. Sometime in late October I believe they added in about $250k. But their campaign definitely added in offline donations on their moneybomb day on 11/20 (understandably, to make themselves look good), so they probably only have 10 days worth of offline contributions and $30k seems to fit.

The other explanation for Huckabee's $30k spike would be a computer glitch. If that was the case, though, I would expect to see a horizontal segment of the trace preceding the vertical piece.

RonPaulVolunteer
11-30-2007, 02:43 PM
The other explanation for Huckabee's $30k spike would be a computer glitch. If that was the case, though, I would expect to see a horizontal segment of the trace preceding the vertical piece.

Or perhaps, the Huckabee campaign just did what they intend to keep doing if he gains power, PRINT MORE MONEY OUT OF THIN AIR!!

jt8025
11-30-2007, 02:47 PM
Huckabee may hit his 4th Quarter goal today. Granted it was only just over $2 million. But the news may go with his story if we do not meet our 4th quarter goal today.

It would be awesome if we raise more money in one day than he has all quarter.

jt8025
11-30-2007, 02:48 PM
I'm sorry, just over #2 million is his November goal.

MarcS
11-30-2007, 02:49 PM

Don't forget we've done that already...more than double actually, and we'll do it again. Huck is smalltime, he's just the flavor of the week.

werdd
11-30-2007, 03:01 PM
Huckabee may hit his 4th Quarter goal today. Granted it was only just over $2 million. But the news may go with his story if we do not meet our 4th quarter goal today.

we already have, twice that.

ClayTrainor
11-30-2007, 03:11 PM
Don't forget we've done that already...more than double actually, and we'll do it again. Huck is smalltime, he's just the flavor of the week.

seriously man... the media is backing him because they see him as the last chance against Ron Paul... each of the other "top-tiers" have so much dirt on them, that the media realizes that Huckabee is the only unexposed candidate, that stands a chance against ron pauls honesty.

Good thing huckabee is guilty of a few things himself.... mostly pandering, which isnt illegal, but not too many people respect.

[/Rant]

RonPaulVolunteer
11-30-2007, 03:16 PM
With the way the donations are going right now, there's no way we'll ever hit 12 mill today. We'll be lucky if we get close to 11 mill.

James R
11-30-2007, 03:17 PM
seriously man... the media is backing him because they see him as the last chance against Ron Paul... each of the other "top-tiers" have so much dirt on them, that the media realizes that Huckabee is the only unexposed candidate, that stands a chance against ron pauls honesty.

Good thing huckabee is guilty of a few things himself.... mostly pandering, which isnt illegal, but not too many people respect.

[/Rant]

I think Huckabee is most guilty of self-indulgence, after reading about the $4 million he wanted to get from the family fortune to fund an expanded mansion for himself. Ordinarily that would be acceptable to a small degree, but for a Christian pastor it is not acceptable.

Midnight77
11-30-2007, 03:34 PM
With the way the donations are going right now, there's no way we'll ever hit 12 mill today. We'll be lucky if we get close to 11 mill.

At least we will beat Rudy Giuliani's 3rd Quarter Fundraising Total today of $10,258,019 ... and a month early.

We really need to get us above $20 Million for the 4th Quarter. I hope it's possible, but that would be epic if we could accomplish it by making the Tea Party a huge success.

$7 Million for the Tea Party and another $2 Million for the rest of the month.

None of this from lobbyists. Awesome.

JaylieWoW
11-30-2007, 03:36 PM
Knowing that the media and supporters of other candidates view these forums, how does this help our cause? A lot of people are turned off of Ron Paul because they think his supporters are idiots.

Ok I'm not saying that if Judy jumps off the building then I'm going to jump off a building too. I agree, I would rather take the "moral high ground" on the mud slinging and political bashing. One of the reasons I've never gotten involved in politics is because I find all the senseless character assassination that goes on portrays a lack of confidence in one's self or in one's ideals. Further, I'm willing to bet most Americans find it distasteful as well.

However, have you ever scanned some of the real forums of other candidates' independent "grassroots" supporters?

Been to GOPUSA lately? I was banned from there for pointing out an obvious misrepresentation of fact using the exact same link the author provided. If I recall, I didn't even state that I was a Ron Paul supporter. I simply pointed out that something the author stated in his article was "at best an honest misrepresentation or at worst an outright lie".

I guess what I'm saying is I can understand how it is frustrating and the need to want to lash out against people who resort to name calling and flame wars. I guess their "judgments" of our positions and the perceived unpleasantness of a small number of Ron Paul supporters only applies to us and not to themselves. In other words, its ok for them to be name callers, but should a Ron Paul supporter do the same they think it just proves what they say about us is accurate.

I'd like to remove that assumption. I want a mud-proof, flame resistant movement to prove once and for all that we aren't mean spirited kooks and anti-government wingnuts.

So, is it hypocrisy on the part of detractors? Yeah, it is. But the important thing to remember about these people is that they aren't willing to abide by others having a different view than themselves. Keep in mind, many Americans WANT big government to protect them from having to be responsible for themselves. They WANT to be told what is right, what is wrong and they WANT government to be the vehicle to provide them with this.

We have generations of de-programming to contend with, let's not sink to their level!

Don' be lured by the temptation to lash out for being called names. Give our opponents enough rope to hang themselves ok?

Dave Wood
11-30-2007, 03:38 PM
At least we will beat Rudy Giuliani's 3rd Quarter Fundraising Total today of $10,258,019 ... and a month early.

We really need to get us above $20 Million for the 4th Quarter. I hope it's possible, but that would be epic if we could accomplish it by making the Tea Party a huge success.

$7 Million for the Tea Party and another $2 Million for the rest of the month.

None of this from lobbyists. Awesome.

What we really need are some HONEST poll number in the double digits.

Midnight77
11-30-2007, 03:43 PM
What we really need are some HONEST poll number in the double digits.

That could have happened, sadly, if more people would have rallied behind today's fundraiser. More time to rise in the polls and stop Huckabee's momentum. This is going to cost us, as now Huckabee has 2 more weeks to shine in the Media.

Rhys
11-30-2007, 04:15 PM
We still have a BLIMP! That should be tomorrow, right?

Besides... we're raising a lot of money. Enough for another tv run in Iowa.

Guys, don't forget how "Amazing, amazing" Nov. 5 was. 4.3mil in a day is like seeing Jesus walk on water.

The media may dog us for not getting 2.5mil but that's our fault for thinking we could with 8 days and little advertising.

We got big for our britches on this one, but that doesn't mean we're not totally succeeding in realistic terms.

jrich4rpaul
11-30-2007, 04:19 PM
The media may dog us for not getting 2.5mil but that's our fault for thinking we could with 8 days and little advertising.

It's because everyone wants to hold onto their money until the 16th. We won't make 12 mil and we won't even break Rudy's 3rd Q total.

Rhys
11-30-2007, 04:29 PM
Rudy Giuliani finished with $10,258,019.

We'll get there by 8pm est.

again, it's no big deal. We're in a slump because we're getting slimed with no good press lately.

Before, there at least was no press.

I say we need to make compare and contrast videos about Huck and Paul to regain some momentum, but that's beside the point.

Besides, the goal was higher than possible, which isn't to say it shouldn't have been the goal. Nov. 5 was $10mil and we didn't even get half.

Just... set no goal for Tea Party! lol

sroll2237
11-30-2007, 04:29 PM
We'll break rudy's total.

RickNHouston
11-30-2007, 04:48 PM

just one more "huckchuck fact" for us all to appreciate. Gawd, are those commercials korny, or what? i think old man chuckles needs to lay of of the tooth whitener for a couple months ... those things get much whiter their viewers are gonna have to start wearing sunglasses to watch em.... Ya'll go on wit your bad selves Huckleberry and Chuckie !!! ROFLMAO:D

RickNHouston
11-30-2007, 05:07 PM
Most of the Huck votes will be taken away from Romney and/or Giuliani. It lowers the bar for Paul to win. Huckabee and Paul have virtually nothing in common and that possibly includes integrity. Regarding integrity, congressman Paul has a home said to be middle class. Being a doctor and a congress member, surely he could have lavished himself with luxury. He didn't though. Huckabee, despite having been a pastor, lavishes himself with millions in luxury, and thereby destroys all my trust in him:

"... $1.4 million renovation of the Governor's [Huckabee's] Mansion, the first major refurbishing since its completion in 1950. And Mrs. Huckabee is attempting to raise still more money from private sources -- as much as $4 million -- to significantly expand the stately Georgian brick residence."
http://www.stateline.org/live/ViewPage.action?siteNodeId=136&languageId=1&contentId=14103

How could Huckabee claim to be a Christian and spend $4 million+ of his family fortune on renovations to enlarge his mansion? There are some Christians who would practically live in a sewer for others who are less fortunate. Huckabee gets defensive about his 2,100 ft2 temporary residence being called a trailer. For a pastor to live in anything large and lavish is an insult to the Christian religion. I don't hold it against him for believing creationism. That would be ridiculous if I held that against him. What I do hold against him is his outrageously lavish lifestyle that I expect a Christian to frown upon, and especially a pastor who is supposed to be a good example.

Dr. Paul lives in lake Jackson, Tx a small town of 27,000, 90 miles south of Houston and less than 5 miles from the Gulf of Mexico. He lives in the same middle class home that he a nd his wife raised their kids in. The most frugal and unpretentious man I know.

RobertJ
11-30-2007, 05:11 PM
I find Hucks "surge" to be spurious. The man is a liberal neocon and everyone knows it. I think the "big media" is the only ones doing any surging. Just like the same people suppress Ron Pauls real support, they over-inflate Hucks. Why I dont know.

RickNHouston
11-30-2007, 05:11 PM

Better question ... how could he be a "true" christian and have a "family fortune" of 4 million+ ?

steph3n
11-30-2007, 05:13 PM
Better question ... how could he be a "true" christian and have a "family fortune" of 4 million+ ?
so far as I can tell that is renovations of the state owned mansion

Ron Paul in 2008
11-30-2007, 05:48 PM
What surge? Oh yeah...the surge that has been manufactured by the press because Guiliani, McCain, and Thompson are utter flops that even the press can't propagandize the real people into voting for them. Huckabee is just the neo-cons last pathetic attempt at putting forth a viable candidate OTHER than Ron Paul.

The Huckabee surge is merely smoke and mirrors. Just like Ron Paul's "fringe" "longshot" "never in our lifetime" candidacy is smoke and mirrors. Problem is a Ron Paul Presidency is as much a threat to the Repub crime families as it is to the Dem crime families.

Huckabee is experiencing a little bit of a surge but its only because he is propped up by the media. All of the mainstream candidates got boosts from the MSM but when people found out about them they crashed and burned. Huckabee was exposed last night at the debate on immigration and taxes and plenty of other dirt in his closet.

werdd
11-30-2007, 06:04 PM
im gonna laugh my ass off when they cant meet their goal lol.

abbgt1
11-30-2007, 06:05 PM
Unfair criticism about Huckabee and his wealth. I have no idea how generous of a person he is, but I suspect he may be very. That's a personal attack against him that is a reach to say it is unchristian because he has built wealth. It also smacks of class warfair.

Now, there are plenty of other reasons to criticize him. Minus a few social issues, why is he even running as a Republican? There are few problems he hasn't seen a Government solution for. In fact, you can say that for virtually everyone running for the Republican nomination will expand the Federal Gov't except Ron Paul.

Huckabee seems like a good guy, but we've had way to many years of big government and he'll just continue the growth.

Eric23
11-30-2007, 06:51 PM
im gonna laugh my ass off when they cant meet their goal lol.

I think they can do it. They've raised quite a bit of money these past 3 days.

JWallace
11-30-2007, 06:57 PM
We play our game, not their's.

Rhys
11-30-2007, 07:00 PM
Don't laugh if they miss their bar, cause we missed ours too. Besides, Huck people aren't bad. They're like us, only with more GI Joes.

mosquitobite
11-30-2007, 07:01 PM
Ok I'm not saying that if Judy jumps off the building then I'm going to jump off a building too. I agree, I would rather take the "moral high ground" on the mud slinging and political bashing. One of the reasons I've never gotten involved in politics is because I find all the senseless character assassination that goes on portrays a lack of confidence in one's self or in one's ideals. Further, I'm willing to bet most Americans find it distasteful as well.

However, have you ever scanned some of the real forums of other candidates' independent "grassroots" supporters?

Been to GOPUSA lately? I was banned from there for pointing out an obvious misrepresentation of fact using the exact same link the author provided. If I recall, I didn't even state that I was a Ron Paul supporter. I simply pointed out that something the author stated in his article was "at best an honest misrepresentation or at worst an outright lie".

I guess what I'm saying is I can understand how it is frustrating and the need to want to lash out against people who resort to name calling and flame wars. I guess their "judgments" of our positions and the perceived unpleasantness of a small number of Ron Paul supporters only applies to us and not to themselves. In other words, its ok for them to be name callers, but should a Ron Paul supporter do the same they think it just proves what they say about us is accurate.

I'd like to remove that assumption. I want a mud-proof, flame resistant movement to prove once and for all that we aren't mean spirited kooks and anti-government wingnuts.

So, is it hypocrisy on the part of detractors? Yeah, it is. But the important thing to remember about these people is that they aren't willing to abide by others having a different view than themselves. Keep in mind, many Americans WANT big government to protect them from having to be responsible for themselves. They WANT to be told what is right, what is wrong and they WANT government to be the vehicle to provide them with this.

We have generations of de-programming to contend with, let's not sink to their level!

Don' be lured by the temptation to lash out for being called names. Give our opponents enough rope to hang themselves ok?*thumbs up*

I would rather Paul supporters not post opinions on places like GOPUSA, Redstate, or FreeRepublic. Tis better to post the facts/news, etc and then laugh at how clueless or hateful they are towards Dr Paul. They're intimidated. They love their war and don't like a threat to the status quo. That's basically a conservative stance ;) We're a rEVOLution baby!

JWallace
11-30-2007, 07:27 PM
Don't laugh if they miss their bar, cause we missed ours too. Besides, Huck people aren't bad. They're like us, only with more GI Joes.

Bump

RonPaulVolunteer
11-30-2007, 07:34 PM

What sort of nonsense is that? So if you follow Christ, you'll end up poor? If you actually read the Bible you'd see that God often prospers His people as a direct way of showing the He IS real.

The thing to ask is not how much money he has, but what he DOES with it.

One might ask how you could be a "true" Christian and yet be so openly judgmental of another.

Korey Kaczynski
11-30-2007, 07:35 PM

.... they don't like us.

Korey Kaczynski
11-30-2007, 07:36 PM
What sort of nonsense is that? So if you follow Christ, you'll end up poor? If you actually read the Bible you'd see that God often prospers His people as a direct way of showing the He IS real.

The thing to ask is not how much money he has, but what he DOES with it.

One might ask how you could be a "true" Christian and yet be so openly judgmental of another.

He was referring to charity.

JAYCEE
11-30-2007, 07:39 PM
From Hucksarmy forum:

Total members 824

Hahahaha

conner_condor
11-30-2007, 07:45 PM
From Hucksarmy forum:

Total members 824

Hahahaha

How many of them are spies out of 824? :D I got a name over there on their board. Well I had 4 but 3 of them got banned when I asked wrong questions.:D:D Still got one active one there though.;)
Yes they did a perma band,but easy to get around that when you got a router and can change your addy any time you want.

Think12345
11-30-2007, 08:58 PM
Today is not about our candidate, after all. It's about Rudy and his reading list.

Hucks just want to participate in Rudy's education, too...

Maverick
11-30-2007, 09:03 PM
From Hucksarmy forum:

Total members 824

Hahahaha

It seems they've been doing some growing though. That's up from about 760 a few days ago.

ProBlue33
11-30-2007, 09:16 PM
They hope that Ron doesn't do a third party run because they think that, they can get our money if Huckabee wins, and Ron calls it quits.

When will the GOP and there supporters finally get it, the best chance they have for the white house is Ron Paul, if they don't put him up his followers will keep giving him money to run, and since he is doing so much better than 1988 why wouldn't he. He has to deny a third party run until the bitter end, and then say well the GOP was stupid, and I have all this money and all these super supporters what else should I do?

dawnbt
11-30-2007, 09:49 PM
From Hucksarmy forum:

Total members 824

Hahahaha

I just went there now they have 1270!
h ttp://www.hucksarmy.com/

Korey Kaczynski
11-30-2007, 10:21 PM
They hope that Ron doesn't do a third party run because they think that, they can get our money if Huckabee wins, and Ron calls it quits.

When will the GOP and there supporters finally get it, the best chance they have for the white house is Ron Paul, if they don't put him up his followers will keep giving him money to run, and since he is doing so much better than 1988 why wouldn't he. He has to deny a third party run until the bitter end, and then say well the GOP was stupid, and I have all this money and all these super supporters what else should I do?

The thing is, at first, I wanted to like Huck. I really did; he was against the income tax and wasn't as obvious as a shill as the others. But he attacked Ron Paul, and then his liberalism came into light, and I suppose I began paying attention to his obvious pandering to religious people and I was disgusted.

Now I hate him more than even Giuliani.

VicVixvi
11-30-2007, 10:28 PM
Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance. -Sun Tzo, The Art of War

Paulitician
11-30-2007, 10:34 PM
The thing is, at first, I wanted to like Huck. I really did; he was against the income tax and wasn't as obvious as a shill as the others. But he attacked Ron Paul, and then his liberalism came into light, and I suppose I began paying attention to his obvious pandering to religious people and I was disgusted.

Wow. To me Huckabee isn't that big of a deal. I can't blame him for what the media is doing :mad:

What I find interesting: we made 500k with just 6,000 people. The best Huckabee has done is 300k with let's just assume 3,000 people. That's 1/10 of what we did on November the 5th. Let's assume Huck will have 10k donors this quarter. We'll have 110,000. That's 1/10 too. So I suppose it's safe to assume the Huckabee has 1/10 the support? Hehehe. Ok, actually, Ron Paul supporters are much more passionate, so I'll be generous and say Huckabee has 1/5 the support Ron Paul has ;)

torchbearer
11-30-2007, 10:38 PM

That is exactly how I perceived huck throughout the entire campaign. We were seeing the same thing.

torchbearer
11-30-2007, 10:39 PM

QFT. Welcome to the forums! Good post.

webber53
12-01-2007, 05:29 PM

+2

James R
12-01-2007, 09:19 PM

Current Chart:

You are sadly mistaken. That post was made on November 29!

PS - Please edit your original post, because nobody from the Huckabee side believes that they raised more than us on Nov 30th.

me3
12-01-2007, 09:33 PM
That is exactly what this campaign is doing. It's brilliant.