PDA

View Full Version : House approves $1 billion of loan guarantees for Ukraine

tsai3904
03-06-2014, 02:21 PM
H.R. 4152 – To Provide for the Cost of Loan Guarantees for Ukraine

This bill would make Ukraine eligible for U.S. loan guarantees through an amendment to a provision in the 2012 Omnibus Appropriations legislation. Under the measure, the State Department could transfer $200 million from Overseas Contingency Operations (OCO) funds to Economic Support Funds to guarantee loans to Ukraine. The $200 million is all that is needed to fund $1 billion in loan guarantees to Ukraine

The bill passed 385-23.

Roll call:
http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2014/roll114.xml

gwax23
03-06-2014, 02:33 PM
The broke leading the broke.

While millions cant find jobs at home we are propping up a failed nation and instigating an international crisis. Bravo Obama Bravo.

HOLLYWOOD
03-06-2014, 02:48 PM
The Great CONgressional Spenders...

Borrowed Money off the backs of the American poor and middle classes, to spend on the International Banksters in foreign lands.

Lucille
03-06-2014, 02:58 PM
http://www.theburningplatform.com/2014/03/06/where-the-fk-is-obama-getting-1-billion-to-give-to-the-nazi-ukrainians/

So Obama and the snakes in Congress on both sides of the aisle are singing kumbaya and acting like old pals as they fuck you again. Where the fuck are they getting $1 billion to give to Ukraine? And don’t be fooled by the bullshit about this being a loan. They are fucking insolvent and will never ever repay the loan. This is $1 billion pissed down the toilet.
[...]
Obama and the Congressional scum are going to borrow $1 billion from future unborn generations and give it to Nazis in the Ukraine so they can pay Putin for his gas. Does that make sense to you? Is this how an empire in decline operates during its death rattle? Make no mistake about it, deficit spending is a tax on future generations, either through direct taxation or through indirect inflation. And the iGadget distracted masses don’t give a shit.

Anyone who thinks voting for some new corrupt scumbag will fix this, just observe the actions of Republicans and Democrats. Obama, Boehner, Kerry, McCain, Schumer, Feinstein, King and the rest of the traitors in Congress all agree to spend money they don’t have to prove we are still an Empire. There is no hope to change this shit at the ballot box.

I can’t wait until this fetid pustule of a nation has to eat at a banquet of consequences.

Me either. LIB.

Lucille
03-06-2014, 03:18 PM
And remember, that's just for starters!

U.S. CONSIDERING UNSPECIFIED BUDGET SUPPORT FOR UKRAINE ON TOP OF POSSIBLE $1 BILLION (http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-02-26/kerry-promises-ukraine-1-billion-bailout-detroit-not-so-much) LOAN GUARANTEE - KERRY

dannno
03-06-2014, 03:20 PM
Has Ukraine approved it yet?

puppetmaster
03-06-2014, 03:24 PM
This makes my kranium explode.....how is Urkraine-um?

jtap
03-07-2014, 08:25 AM
/puke

and /clap for:

---- NAYS 23 ---

Amash
Bentivolio
Broun (GA)
Campbell
DesJarlais
Duncan (TN)
Gohmert
Graves (GA)
Graves (MO)
Griffin (AR)
Kingston
Massie
McAllister
Mulvaney
Rice (SC)
Rohrabacher
Rooney
Sanford
Stockman
Weber (TX)
Westmoreland
Yoho
Young (AK)

specsaregood
03-07-2014, 08:29 AM
And how much of it will go into Russias pockets in exchange for energy? Makes me wonder if this is just a pay off to Russia to get them to stop at crimea.

RandallFan
03-07-2014, 03:17 PM
/puke

and /clap for:

---- NAYS 23 ---

Young (AK)

It is good to see Big spender Young make a good vote.

Why doesn't the Club For Growth rate this. I see the Arizona delegation must have voted yes.

Matt Collins
03-07-2014, 03:50 PM
Thanks for posting this. I'll be sure to shame some politicians

DamianTV
03-07-2014, 07:50 PM
And remember, that's just for starters!

And its done with OUR money!

The intent is to make the Ukraine our "Debt Bitch" or "Debt Slave", which ever term is preferred.

KCIndy
03-07-2014, 08:01 PM
This is completely insane!

Who is getting the money? The Russian-Ukranians who what the Russians in? The Ukranian-Ukranians who want the Russians out? The former government of Ukraine, which was overthrown by those claiming to be the NEW government of Ukraine? The Ukranian-Crimeans who are at odds with the majority Russian-Ukranian-Crimeans? The Russian navy? The Ukranian street protesters?

As near as I can tell, this isn't about money anyway. No one there is fighting about money.

SO WHAT THE HELL?? WHAT POSSIBLE GOOD CAN COME FROM US BORROWING MORE MONEY FROM CHINA SO WE CAN SEND IT INTO THE CHAOS OF THE UKRANIAN SITUATION???

Are they gonna hire Ben Bernanke to do a few helicopter flyovers? GAAAAHHHH!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

*sigh* and now my head hurts.... :(

specsaregood
03-12-2014, 03:10 PM
And how much of it will go into Russias pockets in exchange for energy? Makes me wonder if this is just a pay off to Russia to get them to stop at crimea.

This is why I like Rand: he used this EXACT argument when putting forward his amendment to strike the 1billion from the bill. re: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?446236-Video-Rand-Paul-asks-if-any-Senators-would-buy-Ukraine-debt-3-12-14

hey Rand! feel free to pm me for future consultations.

FSP-Rebel
03-12-2014, 03:32 PM
Huelskamp, Bridenstine and Mullin voted for this crap. smfh
eh, Labrador too.

ZENemy
03-12-2014, 03:34 PM
At what point do we actually have a say in where our money goes? This shit is pathetic.

FSP-Rebel
03-12-2014, 03:43 PM

phill4paul
Lol. So glad I quit paying Federal income tax. Still haven't found a way to work around some of the other Federal taxes but I'm working on it.

ctiger2
No strings attached...

FSP-Rebel
03-12-2014, 03:44 PM

tommyrp12
03-12-2014, 04:49 PM
Blackwater isn't going to fund itself ya know.

Origanalist
03-12-2014, 04:59 PM
At what point do we actually have a say in where our money goes? This shit is pathetic.

I slip and think that once in a while before reality smacks me upside the head again.

(It isn't our money)

Superfly
03-12-2014, 05:03 PM
This makes me feel better about the non-binding resolution Amash voted for that condemned Russia's actions and had some iffy language about economic support.

I suspected if there was a bill more substantive up for vote he wouldn't let us down, and in this case, he didn't. Good on Justin.

PRB
03-12-2014, 05:42 PM
like the guarantee Britain gave to Poland?

DamianTV
03-12-2014, 08:15 PM
Lol. So glad I quit paying Federal income tax. Still haven't found a way to work around some of the other Federal taxes but I'm working on it.

How does one fight the hidden tax of inflation?

---

The loan by design makes the Ukraine a Debt Slave to the US. Once the US controls their money, everything else becomes possible.

Matt Collins
03-12-2014, 11:48 PM
At what point do we actually have a say in where our money goes? This shit is pathetic.Who says it's "our" money?

thoughtomator
03-12-2014, 11:57 PM
The $200 million is all that is needed to fund $1 billion in loan guarantees to Ukraine

wanna bet?

jclay2
03-13-2014, 12:25 AM
wanna bet?

They will figure out a way to make it cost over the original principal of the loan.

Lucille
04-14-2014, 10:50 AM
US Pays Half Of Gazprom's Overdue Invoice With $1 Billion Ukraine Loan Guarantee
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-04-14/us-treasury-pays-half-gazproms-overdue-bill-1-billion-ukraine-loan-guarantee

With Ukraine no longer paying for Russian gaz, and with Gazprom making it clear Kiev has to a) first pay the overdue $2+ billion in invoice and then b) prepay some $5 billion in gas until the end of the year of Europe gets it, it was only a matter of time before the US Treasury stepped in and paid off part or all of Gazprom's demands. That time is now, when moments ago Jack Lew announced a $1 billion loan guarantee for Ukraine - very much the same way that the US provided billions in loan guarnatees for the now long overthrown Mursi regime in Egypt. And in other news, many more "costly" and "damaging" US sanctions are surely headed Russia's way any second now.

Deserves repeating (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?445733-House-approves-1-billion-of-loan-guarantees-for-Ukraine&p=5443732&viewfull=1#post5443732): I can’t wait until this fetid pustule of a nation has to eat at a banquet of consequences.

HOLLYWOOD
04-14-2014, 11:15 AM
US Pays Half Of Gazprom's Overdue Invoice With $1 Billion Ukraine Loan Guarantee
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-04-14/us-treasury-pays-half-gazproms-overdue-bill-1-billion-ukraine-loan-guarantee

Deserves repeating (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?445733-House-approves-1-billion-of-loan-guarantees-for-Ukraine&p=5443732&viewfull=1#post5443732): I can’t wait until this fetid pustule of a nation has to eat at a banquet of consequences.Since Americans are tax slaves and money pits to the 10 planks of the Communist Manifesto called Washington DC, all you can now is... LOL That's all folks!

Sounds just like Maxine Waters, her 'Jubilee Act' to stick American taxpayers with Africa's debt, then her clever amendments and bills to stick American taxpayers with Haitian IMF/WB/Im-Ex Bank debt with a simple revision amendment with no objection on a voice vote.

Acala
04-14-2014, 11:24 AM
And the banks win again. They loan the money and get the interest payments. The US taxpayer underwrites the risk. It's beautiful, really, in the same way that a shark is beautiful.