PDA

View Full Version : Exonerated death row inmate wants prosecutor investigated

aGameOfThrones
03-05-2014, 10:38 PM
Exonerated inmate wants prosecutor investigated

An exonerated death row inmate spent 18 years behind bars for a crime he didn't commit, and now he wants the prosecutor held accountable

http://news.yahoo.com/video/exonerated-inmate-wants-prosecutor-investigated-224756451.html

Prosecutor's family describe this whole situation as very... irritating.

donnay
03-05-2014, 10:45 PM
Texas? I am certainly not shocked that a Texas Prosecutor withheld information and also manufacturing information that sent an innocent man to death row.

One of the very reasons I am against death row.

fr33
03-05-2014, 10:48 PM
The ugly truth that racism is perpetuated by the "justice" system can be found when you research the Texas Exoneree Project. For the most part the victims who are exonerated are black men.

kcchiefs6465
03-05-2014, 11:09 PM
The ugly truth that racism is perpetuated by the "justice" system can be found when you research the Texas Exoneree Project. For the most part the victims who are exonerated are black men.
I have no doubt that black men are disproportionately targeted.. especially in certain locales. The drug war has promoted this.

If they do it to one, they'll do it to another.

When speaking of 83% of "crimes" reported to the FBI are nonviolent, with no discernible victim.. it is safe to say that there is a systemic problem.

Anti Federalist
03-05-2014, 11:12 PM
Qualified Immunity.

Now, fuck off. - Prosecutor Friendly.

Mini-Me
03-06-2014, 12:49 AM
This is probably a big part of the reason why they fight SO hard to keep innocent people imprisoned: It puts them at risk for actually being held accountable, so they just compound the evil instead. I mean, why not, right? It's not like justice matters.

DamianTV
03-06-2014, 01:50 AM
This is the difference between Justice and the Law. We have Courts of Law, not Courts of Justice.

Law = Just Us