PDA

View Full Version : GOP incumbent just voted against reducing meals tax

skfornh
03-05-2014, 09:10 PM
I live in a state border district and my Republican incumbent just voted against reducing the meals tax. Because New Hampshire levies a higher meals tax rate than Massachusetts, growth is already discouraged in my district.

This year I will be challenging the incumbent in a primary. Please help me by investing in my campaign.

http://shemkellogg.com/

TaftFan
03-05-2014, 09:22 PM
I had never heard of a meals tax....I just found it is actually for meals. Ridiculous.

donnay
03-05-2014, 09:32 PM
I had never heard of a meals tax....I just found it is actually for meals. Ridiculous.

NH has a 9% Meals and Rentals sales tax.

eduardo89
03-05-2014, 09:34 PM
NH has a 9% Meals and Rentals sales tax.

The freest state in the nation.

Danke
03-05-2014, 09:38 PM

All told, you got a freer one?

eduardo89
03-05-2014, 09:46 PM
All told, you got a freer one?

According to my personal preferences (http://freedominthe50states.org/custom/jebby-sanderson/cbeert/dcell/dsobchk/ecsyrs/ehscurr/ehslaw/ehsnoti/ehsrkr/ehsst/ehstq/ekind/emaps/emlpst/emrps/epscurr/etcd/tgprc/tgprp/tindconc/tindconp/tpubfin/lforf/bguns/ddna/drecord/drfra/iindex/adebtpi/afdecr/agovempr/ainctot3/aslgpi/hbfip/hcsf/hgccrl/hgccsf/hierb/himand/hindgii/hirate/hirr/hmer/hmfree/hmindex/hmspec/hsgrate/hsgrr/hsrp/gcomp/gcompfnd/gdisab/gleave/gminwag/grtw/gverif/ismplaw/frent/frtp/fspeech/fwrluri/mindex/ncon/nhoirr/niiprc/npairr/nrcp/jclsifc/jtdereg)my top 5 are:

South Dakota
Tennessee
Oklahoma
Alabama
Idaho

Danke
03-05-2014, 09:50 PM
According to my personal preferences (http://freedominthe50states.org/custom/jebby-sanderson/cbeert/dcell/dsobchk/ecsyrs/ehscurr/ehslaw/ehsnoti/ehsrkr/ehsst/ehstq/ekind/emaps/emlpst/emrps/epscurr/etcd/tgprc/tgprp/tindconc/tindconp/tpubfin/lforf/bguns/ddna/drecord/drfra/iindex/adebtpi/afdecr/agovempr/ainctot3/aslgpi/hbfip/hcsf/hgccrl/hgccsf/hierb/himand/hindgii/hirate/hirr/hmer/hmfree/hmindex/hmspec/hsgrate/hsgrr/hsrp/gcomp/gcompfnd/gdisab/gleave/gminwag/grtw/gverif/ismplaw/frent/frtp/fspeech/fwrluri/mindex/ncon/nhoirr/niiprc/npairr/nrcp/jclsifc/jtdereg)my top 5 are:

South Dakota
Tennessee
Oklahoma
Alabama
Idaho

k, I think ND should be up there too along with Colombia.

Keith and stuff
03-06-2014, 12:40 AM

Correct. We are perhaps the freest state with the tax system most designed to tax outsiders.

Most restaurants in NH (certainly not all of them), have a 9% meals tax. It used to be 8% but when the Democrats were in control of NH from 2006-2010, they increased it to 9% since the vast majority of the tax is paid by out-of-staters. This was a Republican effort to cut the meals portion of the tax, since it was the part of it, when paid by NH folks, mostly paid by middle class and elite NH folks.

Unfortunately, the tax cut failed. Thankfully, liberty folks in NH are already aware of the restaurants in Concord, Keene, Manchester and the Seacoast that don't charge meals taxes. We were already avoiding the meals tax completely. This was to help the typical New Hampshireite. Sadly, it failed and regular NH folks will continue to pay higher taxes than liberty folks in NH. It is sad. I want to help the average person :( The Democrats in the NH House stopped that. Sadly, I'll continue to avoid the meals tax and regular folks making $80,000 a year in NH will continue to pay the meals tax :(