PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee Grassroots trying to ruin our day

hawkeyenick
11-30-2007, 10:51 AM
They are making a go at it and catching up quick

http://ronpaulgraphs.com/rp_vs_huck_today.html

DjLoTi
11-30-2007, 10:53 AM
Na, it's cool. Think about it this way. They have to double their entire amount of donations for the day to catch up only to where we are right now. They're not going to beat us.

hawkeyenick
11-30-2007, 10:54 AM
If the trend continues, they will catch up...look at the chart!

mmink15
11-30-2007, 10:55 AM
We did this to them on their money bomb day(11/20), I suppose it was to be expected

awitelin
They're just panicking because it's the end of November and they're a couple hundred thousand in the hole for their goal. Let them donate, and ignore them.

rpfreedom08
well that means we have to double our efforts, the revolution is ours, the momentum is ours, the day WILL be ours :) This is a battle plain and simple, lets win!

Platondas
11-30-2007, 10:56 AM
meh, sustaining that rate of donations for a significant period of time is impossible, even for us, without planning ahead.

uncloned21
11-30-2007, 10:57 AM
Actually they are falling short of their november goal and probably just trying to catchit. oops.

margomaps
They're just panicking because it's the end of November and they're a couple hundred thousand in the hole for their goal.

I think that's the most likely answer.

Still, it would be a shame for us if we couldn't beat Huckabee on one of our big fundraising days...even if it is going to ultimately be a "2nd-tier" fundraising day in the grand scheme of things. :)

Perry
Let's see if the entire Huckabee camp can keep up with a very small segment of the Ron Paul grassroots.

hawkeyenick
meh, sustaining that rate of donations for a significant period of time is impossible, even for us, without planning ahead.

They don't need to, they just look at the chart like we did and that's enough to motivate them

Naraku
11-30-2007, 10:58 AM
They're trying to beat their monthly goal of $2 million. We're trying to beat our quarter goal of $12 million. That just shows the difference between the two in funding.

dsentell
If the trend continues, they will catch up...look at the chart!

They are not going to catch us . . . chill! :D

Tenbatsu
This is not their grassroots. What you are witnessing is the power of the religious right and the media. They are also adding offline donations as they come in.

Edward
11-30-2007, 10:59 AM
Unfortunately, there are many campaigns that are going to do well today since it is the end of the month.

hillertexas
They are making a go at it and catching up quick

http://ronpaulgraphs.com/rp_vs_huck_today.html

dammit...now I have to donate again :)

Maria
Those televangelists are pretty good at taking people's money...Huck's no different. I say ignore it.

hillertexas
11-30-2007, 11:02 AM
Got some time?...
http://huckabeepolls.blogspot.com/
They did some research for us. Vote in these polls :)
Take down the Huckaboo!

davidkachel
11-30-2007, 11:04 AM
OK, this has got to be fraudulent. Huckabee absolutely does not have that kind of support. Either they are adding in corporate donations or adding up "pledges" or doing something else. RP can get 5000 people to show up at a rally while Huckabee is lucky to get 50. Logic dictates these numbers cannot possibly be truthful. We can prove we have the people, he cannot.

KewlRonduderules
11-30-2007, 11:06 AM
OK, this has got to be fraudulent. Huckabee absolutely does not have that kind of support. Either they are adding in corporate donations or adding up "pledges" or doing something else. RP can get 5000 people to show up at a rally while Huckabee is lucky to get 50. Logic dictates these numbers cannot possibly be truthful. We can prove we have the people, he cannot.

He has support from big lobbies now so their people are donating.

Platondas
11-30-2007, 11:07 AM
Guys, guys calm down. They are not going to pass us today, They are about 100,000$ behind us and only for about 20 minutes have they been raising money faster than us. Currently they are raising only about 10,000$ per hour faster than us which means they would have to keep it up till 10 tonight to pass us. But I highly doubt they can sustain that rate, the only time we ever did was nov 5.

OferNave
11-30-2007, 11:09 AM
Got some time?...
http://huckabeepolls.blogspot.com/
They did some research for us. Vote in these polls :)
Take down the Huckaboo!

You know, there's something deliciously naughty about clicking through to these polls from a Huckabee site to vote for Ron Paul. It's like confusing the trail. :)

awitelin
11-30-2007, 11:11 AM
You know, there's something deliciously naughty about clicking through to these polls from a Huckabee site to vote for Ron Paul. It's like confusing the trail. :)
Agreed - we should vote from the Huckabee link from now on. Guess who's spamming the polls now, eh? :D

kylejack
11-30-2007, 11:12 AM
I just checked my e-mail, and Huckabee is sending e-mails every single day, which eventually leads to donor exhaustion. He sent two e-mails yesterday.

Today is going to be a busy day for our campaign. Last night was a good debate and if you missed it, be sure to checkout our website for our coverage of the debate and the reviews afterwards.

I wanted to update you on our fundraising since yesterday. So far we have raised over $160,000 since yesterday morning and I am told the fundraising ticker is moving quickly. In fact, during the debate, we raised over $30,000. The surge is on. Website traffic is up and over 5,000 new supporters have signed up for my campaign emails since noon today.

Will you consider making your first online contribution today? Will you tell your friends to do the same? This is our moment so lets seize it.

Your contribution of $5, $10, $25, $50, $100, $500 or even $1,000 will help us build on our gains.

If you have contributed, visit our send to a friend section and email your friends and encourage them to visit our website.

Will email you soon.

With deep gratitude,
Mike Huckabee

I am running hard. This race is coming down to the final miles and I can see the finish. It is a real race and I am happy to have you by my side. We have less than 48 hours until our end of November online fundraising goal and I am asking you to make a personal sacrifice for our campaign.

Will you make an online contribution for the first time?

Your contribution of $10, $25, $50, $100, $500 or even $1,000 today will help us close the gap.

Over 1,000 supporters made their first online contribution over the last 24 hours. Our campaign phones have been ringing non-stop. Over the last 24 hours we have raised almost $220,000 online and had over 6,000 supporters sign up for our campaign emails. Clear momentum.

Will you contribute before midnight tomorrow night?

It is a race to the finish and our campaign is in the thick of it. Everyone is digging deep and I am asking you to help push us forward by doing the same.

I am headed to New Hampshire to spend the weekend campaigning. On Saturday morning I want to tell everyone I meet that we met our online fundraising goal for November. Will you help us get there? Time is running out.

If you've just made a contribution online towards our goal, please forward this email to a friend and ask them to match your support.

With deep gratitude,
Mike Huckabee

Platondas
11-30-2007, 11:12 AM
So we can blame the Huckabee campaign for making us look like spammers >.>

deedles
11-30-2007, 11:14 AM

Love it! Forwarded as well

;)

dante
11-30-2007, 11:17 AM
they are still 300k away from their monthly goal... i seriously doubt they will make it legitimately though it wouldn't surprise me if they pretend to make it just to keep the 'momentum' alive

ClayTrainor
11-30-2007, 11:20 AM
it's funny how huckabee himself is asking for these donations.

our efforts are 100% grassroots, and ron paul never once asked us to participate in money bombs.

Who's got the real support, huh?

mfoley1
11-30-2007, 11:20 AM
and when did Ron Paul meet his Nov monthly goal? :D

Platondas
11-30-2007, 11:22 AM
I think we broke it on the fifth :P

ronpaulitician
11-30-2007, 11:25 AM
We ought to welcome this semi-friendly competition from the Huckabee camp. The closer they get to outdoing us, the more likely it is that some Paul supporters will throw in some extra cash Paul's way.

This is not a race between Paul and Huckabee, it's Paul vs Huckabee and Guiliani and Romney and Thompson and McCain. Whenever one of them singles out Paul, we benefit. Even if Huckabee were to outraise us (not impossible, since he has undoubtedly received a lot of new donors over the past few weeks, and since those that were already supporting him are more likely to donate now that he's edging his way very close to "frontrunner" status), that $500,000 or more that we'll raise today will buy Paul's campaign a lot of airtime.

MozoVote
11-30-2007, 11:31 AM
This is not a race between Paul and Huckabee

Ya know, maybe it is. Huckabee is the only one that seems to draw any amount of enthusiasm from average people. Especially since the Thompson bubble has deflated. How many times have we been told how few people show up for Rudy, or how commonly Romney supporters are bought and paid for?

If Huck wins Iowa and Paul wins New Hampshire, it really could appear to be a two man race to the news.

BlueGecko
11-30-2007, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyDkid View Post
One thing we have to do is to stop feeding the Huck grassroots and giving them incentive to win like we are in competition. Let them feel fat and happy and leave them alone. My feeling is that these people were basically complacent until we (or somebody) stirred them up. We must detach our efforts from theirs.

+1

Eleanor
11-30-2007, 11:38 AM
This is not a race between Paul and Huckabee

Ya know, maybe it is. Huckabee is the only one that seems to draw any amount of enthusiasm from average people. ...

If Huck wins Iowa and Paul wins New Hampshire, it really could appear to be a two man race to the news.

I agree with you, MozoVote - and let's make it a race - another incentive to donate today and make today BIG!

hawkeyenick
11-30-2007, 11:38 AM
Quote:
One thing we have to do is to stop feeding the Huck grassroots and giving them incentive to win like we are in competition. Let them feel fat and happy and leave them alone. My feeling is that these people were basically complacent until we (or somebody) stirred them up. We must detach our efforts from theirs.

+1

BS, as much as it motivates them, it motivates us even more

1town
11-30-2007, 11:41 AM
We are just pissing in the water today. Let them piss in their own pond, cause our floodgates open in two weeks. ;)

BeFranklin
11-30-2007, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGecko View Post
Quote:

+1
Who's God?
You know when you close your eyes and wish real hard for something?
Yea?!
God's the guy that ignores you!

You know, I agree with everyone else that posting Huckabee's name all over these forums and adding his fund raising to ours, and even the title of this thread, is ridiculous and is just trying to stir up support for Huckabee.

I'm a Christian. As the poster of the original message, the title you choose and the quote at the end of your posts certainly seems to be trying to "stir things up", and implies that Ron Paul supporters are anti-Christian bigots, which I resent. And we've had other people come over here from Huckabee's camp doing that, in fact our last fund-raising effort.

Your end quote has no business on these forums, its bigotry, intended to insult, and in this case, considering the title and what you are promoting, matches a agenda.

hawkeyenick
11-30-2007, 11:55 AM
You know, I agree with everyone else that posting Huckabee's name all over these forums and adding his fund raising to ours, and even the title of this thread, is ridiculous and is just trying to stir up support for Huckabee.

I'm a Christian. As the poster of the original message, the title you choose and the quote at the end of your posts certainly seems to be trying to "stir things up", and implies that Ron Paul supporters are anti-Christian bigots, which I resent. And we've had other people come over here from Huckabee's camp doing that, in fact our last fund-raising effort.

Your end quote has no business on these forums, its bigotry, intended to insult, and in this case, considering the title and what you are promoting, matches a agenda.

MY bigotry? You just attacked the Atheists on the board, who happen to be the largest segment of Ron Paul supporters last time I checked.

Do you not understand the concepts of free speech, a free society? It surely doesn't mean the majority (xtians) attacking the minority (atheists/agnostics/deists).

BeFranklin
11-30-2007, 12:01 PM
MY bigotry? You just attacked the Atheists on the board, who happen to be the largest segment of Ron Paul supporters last time I checked.

Do you not understand the concepts of free speech, a free society?

Who's God?
Yea?!

Yes, your bigotry. Your statement is bigoted. I and other Christians shouldn't have to be insulted just because we support Ron Paul. This isn't an atheist board. Working together as a group requires tolerance and respect for other people's opinions that don't affect the actual group goals. The actual group goals here are electing Ron Paul, not stirring up trouble between Huckabee supporters and Ron Paul supporters through religious bigotry - check the title of your thread and your quote.

Since Ron Paul is a Christian, and one (if not two) of his brothers are ministers, I question your motives. Ron Paul wouldn't approve of your message, and he wouldn't have posted it. I suspect the quote is especially for Huckabee supporters (to stir them up and again imply that we are anti-christian (which you do again in this reply), but you can tell us your motives if you wish.

AgentPaul001
11-30-2007, 12:06 PM
I'm actually suprised at how much Huckabee is raising today, they are still far behind us but at this stage his campaign must be GASPING for funds.

Huckabee can bairly afford to stay in the race at this point, much less run TV/Radio ads, so all the more shocking that he's polling so well.

But yah, Huckabee Campaign HQ must be estatic that they can keep running into December :P

hawkeyenick
11-30-2007, 12:09 PM
Yes, your bigotry. Your statement is bigoted. I and other Christians shouldn't have to be insulted just because we support Ron Paul. This isn't an atheist board. Working together as a group requires tolerance and respect for other people's opinions that don't affect the actual group goals. The actual group goals here are electing Ron Paul, not stirring up trouble between Huckabee supporters and Ron Paul supporters through religious bigotry - check the title of your thread and your quote.

Since Ron Paul is a Christian, and one (if not two) of his brothers are ministers, I question your motives. Ron Paul wouldn't approve of your message, and he wouldn't have posted it. I suspect the quote is especially for Huckabee supporters (to stir them up and again imply that we are anti-christian (which you do again in this reply), but you can tell us your motives if you wish.

You sound like a huckabee subvert to me. Why else would you keep talking about his supporters and their likes and dislikes?
You're all allowed to be proud xtians but I'm not allowed to be a proud Atheist? That's bigotry, and a spit in the face of free speech and the establishment clause.

BeFranklin
11-30-2007, 12:10 PM
I'm actually suprised at how much Huckabee is raising today, they are still far behind us but at this stage his campaign must be GASPING for funds.

Huckabee can bairly afford to stay in the race at this point, much less run TV/Radio ads, so all the more shocking that he's polling so well.

But yah, Huckabee Campaign HQ must be estatic that they can keep running into December :P

If God wanted to use Huckabee to expose the problems in the church (ie raise him up to smack him down), that would be good. In light of that, the thread earlier showing Huckabee making fun of God and using His name in vain I think was a good thing, and perhaps should have been kept in grassroots.

Ozwest
11-30-2007, 12:11 PM

Can we elect a President who understands the seperation between Church and State? Isn't that why people originally settled in America?

All that crap about Religious persecution.

hawkeyenick
11-30-2007, 12:15 PM
Can we elect a President who understands the seperation between Church and State? Isn't that why people originally settled in America?

All that crap about Religious persecution.

Don't forget the part about there being no religious test for office, the fact that most of the founding fathers were deists (don't forget the jefferson bible either), and on and on and on.

1town
11-30-2007, 12:17 PM

Ok let's find out what things everyone agrees on, and not mention anything else. :rolleyes:

hawkeyenick
11-30-2007, 12:18 PM
Ok let's find out what things everyone agrees on, and not mention anything else. :rolleyes:

Exactly, I love how my thread got jacked

Ozwest
11-30-2007, 12:19 PM
Let's not forget that George Bush was elected and brought into power by so called "Christians."

Give me a break!

Sorry for my scepticism!

Edward
11-30-2007, 12:21 PM
The recent tangent in this thread isn't about suppressing anyone's views. It's about presenting yourself in a manner that might attract, or at least not repel, other potential voters.

hawkeyenick
11-30-2007, 12:23 PM
The recent tangent in this thread isn't about suppressing anyone's views. It's about presenting yourself in a manner that might attract, or at least not repel, other potential voters.

The kind of person that attracted me here was a rebel that did things his way

Ozwest
11-30-2007, 12:26 PM

Let's be conformists, and be politically correct!

Lord Xar
11-30-2007, 12:31 PM
we DO NOT CARE ABOUT HUCKABEE...

HE IS A TOOL!

HE IS A LIAR, AND A PAWN.

www.taxhikemike.org <--- spread that far and wide

We do not care - stop mentioning his name.

m4ff3w
11-30-2007, 12:38 PM
Why is Dr. Paul's graph so linear from nearly 8:30 to 11:15?

Edward
11-30-2007, 12:47 PM
The kind of person that attracted me here was a rebel that did things his wayWow. You're a rebel. It is great to know that you're just trying to generate support, though.

Let's be conformists, and be politically correct!It's not about conforming or being politically correct. It's about presenting yourself in a manner that might attract, or at least not repel, other potential voters.

greensheen
11-30-2007, 01:08 PM
Please everyone, I would advise you keep your eyes on the prize. IF we do not win this thing there may not be another election in America for a very long time. We are that close to loosing it.

Dear hawkeyenick:

With reference to your signature:

Who's God?
Yea?!

I personally have no problem with it, I can also clearly see that your advocation of such a view could be offensive to those who cannot handle it. Maybe if you think about it for a minute you can to? Right here and now, is your main goal to get Ron Paul elected? If so, what is the benefit of being a catalyst for religious debates?

Here and now I argue that unity of purpose to preserve our liberties and get a win for Ron Paul might motivate you to avoid any secondary issues that could detract from such an effort AT THIS particular time. Which is more important to you, to argue for a particular view on metaphysics (for what ever personal reasons) and ultimately loose your very freedom to express such views, OR to promote unity and work united towards the vital issue of being able to freely express views on Atheism/Deism/Christianity/etc/etc, in the future?

I think we do the best in a supportive atmosphere for the vital issues of the day. Sure debates about metaphysics are great, but here and now? What if even one person is offended to the degree they do not give 100 %? Sure from a certain metaphysical viewpoint it might be important to promote such a view (Let it be?!), but here and now? I have already taken too much precious time on this thing.

hawkeyenick
11-30-2007, 01:22 PM
Please everyone, I would advise you keep your eyes on the prize. IF we do not win this thing there may not be another election in America for a very long time. We are that close to loosing it.

Dear hawkeyenick:

With reference to your signature:

I personally have no problem with it, I can also clearly see that your advocation of such a view could be offensive to those who cannot handle it. Maybe if you think about it for a minute you can to? Right here and now, is your main goal to get Ron Paul elected? If so, what is the benefit of being a catalyst for religious debates?

Here and now I argue that unity of purpose to preserve our liberties and get a win for Ron Paul might motivate you to avoid any secondary issues that could detract from such an effort AT THIS particular time. Which is more important to you, to argue for a particular view on metaphysics (for what ever personal reasons) and ultimately loose your very freedom to express such views, OR to promote unity and work united towards the vital issue of being able to freely express views on Atheism/Deism/Christianity/etc/etc, in the future?

I think we do the best in a supportive atmosphere for the vital issues of the day. Sure debates about metaphysics are great, but here and now? What if even one person is offended to the degree they do not give 100 %? Sure from a certain metaphysical viewpoint it might be important to promote such a view (Let it be?!), but here and now? I have already taken too much precious time on this thing.

Like mr paul, I don't sacrifice things I believe in.

greensheen
11-30-2007, 01:28 PM
Like mr paul, I don't sacrifice things I believe in.

No one is asking you to sacrifice your views. I am asking you to think about the current situation and to asses where you put your emphasis and priorities at THIS particular TIME. Freedom will unite us, metaphysics will divide us. Such is the nature of things (at this time). Do you think differently? ;)

1town
11-30-2007, 01:33 PM
Just like I don't want 9/11-nuts tying their beliefs to the Ron Paul revolution, I don't want us atheist to offend christians in the name of Ron Paul.

First of all, why try to alienate the people you need to win? Secondly, Ron Paul is christian, so obviously atheists have to compromise on that subject (and any that follows) while acknowledging what his base should be.

philgest
11-30-2007, 02:11 PM
The Huckaboos will not raise more than us today, nor will they meet their goal of over 2 million for the month of November...they'll be about 50K short of 2 million at the end of the day.

TheNewYorker
11-30-2007, 02:55 PM
We ruined their day. Can you blame them?

peruvianRP
12-01-2007, 07:44 PM
hope they are not taking from the church's donations. hahaha