PDA

View Full Version : 1946 Film Proves Despotism Has Taken Over America (Video, obviously)

DamianTV
03-04-2014, 05:36 PM
http://www.activistpost.com/2014/03/1946-archive-film-proves-despotism-has.html

The Declaration of Independence boldly states:

When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

Thomas Jefferson, writing on behalf of the independent-minded colonists in 1776, backed up the Declaration’s conclusion with numerous examples of British tyranny, stating: “To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.”

Compare them to the United States and global system we live under today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xdkU79nZIq4

Are we now free? Examine the balance of power between individuals, endowed with natural rights by God, and government, Constitutionally bound to only limited powers, as well as the leading corporations of the private sector.

A 1946 national archive film released by Encyclopedia Britannica titled “Despotism” outlines several yardsticks for measuring the balance of power of a free society and that of an outright a despotism, according to scales of respect, power, economic distribution and information. Concentrated power and wealth, centralized information and monopolistic or oligopolistic control in any one of these areas tends to negatively affect the others, and renders freedom a mere illusion.

(more on link)

There are a few flaws.

Most notably, the scale between "Democracy" and "Despotism" IMHO should have been a Constitutional Republic, not "Democracy". Minor difference as we can still get the point. I dont even think a Republic is a proper term, so I'll try to generalize even further by calling for a "Balanced Govt". This could be a point of debate, but misses the point of the video. The video expresses that Govt has absolute power and people have none. That is as far from a Free Society as we can get.

Cap
03-04-2014, 06:50 PM
Every red flag that the film described you can put a check mark by as being met. It's sad really because I'm afraid that there is no righting the ship. I used to have hope, Ron Paul had a way of making people believe we could exorcise the evil. But regrettably the machine reared it's ugly head and stole the hope Ron had given us. I really don't think it can be rolled back, the cancer has spread to deep.

Edit to add: But we keep on plugging along with Ron's message.

DamianTV
03-04-2014, 07:49 PM
Every red flag that the film described you can put a check mark by as being met. It's sad really because I'm afraid that there is no righting the ship. I used to have hope, Ron Paul had a way of making people believe we could exorcise the evil. But regrettably the machine reared it's ugly head and stole the hope Ron had given us. I really don't think it can be rolled back, the cancer has spread to deep.

Edit to add: But we keep on plugging along with Ron's message.

I agree. Its not all about one completely corrupt politician, or getting one honest politician in office. Its about changing the minds of the people in general. Getting everyone to demand Freedom and Liberty is gonna be a tough sale because there are so many that benefit by not having either.