PDA

View Full Version : HQ not sure if Glenn Beck decision will be made by years end.

James R
11-30-2007, 10:23 AM
Glenn Beck made an offer on YouTube to give Paul a full hour both on radio and on TV. I called HQ about the Glenn Beck interview. The campaign told me they couldn't commit to a decision being made by the end of the year on whether or not to accept. I think this is unacceptable.

yongrel
11-30-2007, 10:24 AM
I'm not gonna spit venom at the campaign, but I definitely think they should seize the oppurtunity. It's too good to pass up.

ronpaulyourmom
11-30-2007, 10:24 AM
Not as if there's a packed debate schedule out there, and Congress doesn't do much over the holidays.

I wish he would go on.

Cyclone177
11-30-2007, 10:25 AM
Yep,

I call BS. We need all exposure, especially on this type of show. Even if the good Dr. is attacked the entire time, he always handles it with authority. The shills cannot defeat the message. If he doesn't do this, it tells me that they aren't that serious. :confused:

Mortikhi
11-30-2007, 10:25 AM
If they pass, they need to be fired.
No excuses.
None.

kylejack
11-30-2007, 10:26 AM
Maybe we could dress up a grassroots supporter like Ron Paul and train him on how to respond to questions like Ron Paul.

Platondas
I wish they would at least tell us why they are avoiding the offer, I think we have a right to know.

ClayTrainor
That sucks... theres no way they are booked up until the end of the year, especially when theres such a great opportunity for exposure being handed to us.

If we dont go on, we will no longer be able to say anything about Ron Paul to Beck, and he will start some serious bashing, and say that ron paul is too scared to go on (or something like that)... im guessing.

Noog
11-30-2007, 10:27 AM
They probably don't want another O'Reilly.

stefans
11-30-2007, 10:27 AM
I think you're playing by glenn beck's book.
he made this video so you harrass the campaign about it.
it's ron paul's decision. and I'm not sure about a lot of the stuff the official campaign has done(e.g. ads) but I am sure that ron paul can best decide on which shows he feels comfortable.

kylejack
11-30-2007, 10:28 AM

An hour is plenty of time for a history lesson.

troyd1
11-30-2007, 10:28 AM
No doubt.

Mark Rushmore
11-30-2007, 10:29 AM
No excuses.
None.

That sounds about right. Unless Ron Paul personally dislikes GB so much that he refuses to go entirely out of principle or something, in which case we can't say much against the staff, but I'd still think it a mistake.

nbruno322
11-30-2007, 10:29 AM
Yes, we need to make this interview happen. Keep calling and emailing the Paul campaing.

troyd1
11-30-2007, 10:30 AM
Ron Paul needs spokesman like the other candidates to go on and represent him. It should be easy to represent Dr. Paul, just follow the constitution.

bolidew
We need to keep pressure on HQ!

Post the GB video everywhere!!

stefans
Yes, we need to make this interview happen. Keep calling and emailing the Paul campaing.

no stop it.
see above.

tmg19103
11-30-2007, 10:31 AM
Beck just had a whole show last night on "islamo-fascism" and how Iran's whole goal is to destroy Israel, attack Europe and nuke the U.S.

It was the most far-fetched, biased piece of reporting I have ever seen. The only guest he could get to agree to this was a former Prime Minister of Israel - who off course wants the U.S. cleaning up Middle East problems that could harm Israel.

I don't trust Beck, and as much as I'd like a free hour, I think there is too much downside. Beck and his writers/producers will be prepared to make RP look bad - and they will do it with mis-information and distortions.

stefans
11-30-2007, 10:31 AM
are you the grassroots of ron paul or the grassroots of glenn beck?

James R
11-30-2007, 10:32 AM

The thing is, Ron Paul looked held his ground exceptionally well on O'Reilly. He put the reilly in O'Reilly that day. If he can do that well on O'Reilly then he'll do great on Glenn Beck.

ClayTrainor
11-30-2007, 10:32 AM
Beck just had a whole show last night on "islamo-fascism" and how Iran's whole goal is to destroy Israel, attack Europe and nuke the U.S.

It was the most far-fetched, biased piece of reporting I have ever seen. The only guest he could get to agree to this was a former Prime Minister of Israel - who off course wants the U.S. cleaning up Middle East problems that could harm Israel.

I don't trust Beck, and as much as I'd like a free hour, I think there is too much downside. Beck and his writers/producers will be prepared to make RP look bad - and they will do it with mis-information and distortions.

but i dunno man.. ron paul has the opportunity to counter... and he's pretty dam good at that.

Give him the time to talk, and im convinced he'll convert just about anyone... wiht a full hour promised, i dont see how beck would be any different.

RonPaulCult
11-30-2007, 10:33 AM
You have got to be kidding me - it's TWO HOURS speaking to mostly republican viewers/listeners on national media.

It's a 45 min. flight from DC - there is time - just DOOOOOOOO ITTTTTTTTTTT

BlutStein
11-30-2007, 10:33 AM
He should go on. Not only is it 2 full hours of exposure to a crowd that will eat up the majority of what he says, if and only if he can explain it...he has to do it just for the way that Beck made the offer. He will make him look bad if he turns it down twice. I'd say it'd give beck more of a boost by not going.

Come on HQ....buy the plane ticket...Ron Paul has to go make a house call.

conner_condor
11-30-2007, 10:36 AM
How else to get someone fired if their ratings continue to plummit. I believe RP won't do the interview because the way GB talked about his supporters. I honestly believe that. GB is two faced also and shouldn't be given the pleasure to increase his ratings by having the Dr. on.
Maybe he waiting for a more popular program other than GB to offer him on. Sometimes they want you more if you say no. It has to be some important reason and we shouldn't judge RPs judgement. There is a reason I have to say.

Ozwest
11-30-2007, 10:36 AM
THIS IS HERESAY, DON"T BE DRAMA QUEENS.

No radio operators required.

hillertexas
11-30-2007, 10:40 AM
Maybe we could dress up a grassroots supporter like Ron Paul and train him on how to respond to questions like Ron Paul.

LOL

hillertexas
11-30-2007, 10:41 AM
Ron Paul can handle his own...get him on the show!

risiusj
11-30-2007, 10:43 AM
I would expect this to be something like the Google interview, but with a tougher questioner. He had all the time he wanted to elaborate on everything, and if you watched the Google interview, you know how good he is in that situation.

conner_condor
11-30-2007, 10:45 AM
I think you're playing by glenn beck's book.
he made this video so you harrass the campaign about it.
it's ron paul's decision. and I'm not sure about a lot of the stuff the official campaign has done(e.g. ads) but I am sure that ron paul can best decide on which shows he feels comfortable.

Yes,there is a reason and RP most likely has a good one.. Sometimes the stations want you more if you say no to them. Maybe it's to show them how much support RP has when he is on and when they don't mention him. Give them a little schooling on how to make and loose money.

James R
11-30-2007, 10:48 AM
I believe RP won't do the interview because the way GB talked about his supporters. ... [He] shouldn't be given the pleasure to increase his ratings by having the Dr. on. Maybe he's waiting for a more popular program other than GB to offer him on.

It won't bother me if they decline. The main idea is that they won't even give a deadline for the decision. I asked if the decision would be made by the end of the year and the reply was that he is not sure. All I ask is for a time-table for a withdrawal! (or acceptance), and the reason for it.

lew
11-30-2007, 10:51 AM

Smiley Gladhands
11-30-2007, 10:56 AM
I'm not a pro at making websites, but what if we created a website where those who think Ron should go onto Glenn Beck asap entered their names and total doantions-to-date into a form, so that the campaign can see what percentage of their bank account DEMANDS that Ron go on Beck?

Ron himself has been implying that grassroots is running the show. If we get a good count in the form of a petition then we will see how important it is to us that he makes time for Glenn Beck SOMETIME in the next month. I mean, come on.....I don't think we're the ones being unreasonable.

If I see him go on Alex Jones in the meantime I'm gonna get pissed.

Arklatex
11-30-2007, 10:56 AM
Let Ron Paul decide.

DjLoTi
11-30-2007, 10:57 AM
We shouldn't 'keep calling' the campaign if they don't go on, but, I gotta say, I think it's a mistake not to go on.

Smiley Gladhands
11-30-2007, 10:57 AM
Let Ron Paul decide.

tick tock tick tock tick tock.....

Ron LOL
11-30-2007, 10:58 AM
I think it's pretty ridiculous not to get on Glenn Beck immediately. You'd think RP would be chomping at the bit for some positive media exposure after the last debate.

It's really disappointing to me that I find myself so often asking the question "what the hell is the official campaign doing?" I'm no political strategist, but things like media exposure really seem like common sense...

Ozwest
11-30-2007, 10:59 AM
Where Is The Proof/verification Before You Get Carried Away?

Smiley Gladhands
11-30-2007, 11:04 AM
I think it's pretty ridiculous not to get on Glenn Beck immediately. You'd think RP would be chomping at the bit for some positive media exposure after the last debate.

It's really disappointing to me that I find myself so often asking the question "what the hell is the official campaign doing?" I'm no political strategist, but things like media exposure really seem like common sense...

Yeah, this is really getting beyond ridiculous.

A lot of people have tangled with Ron Paul's Grassroots so far, and they all learned what a power we can be.

So far I've only sent a single email to the campaign, but if they keep delaying I think the Ron Paul Campaign will learn first-hand what a great force we can be. We've spammed the worst of them....in the name of liberty I'm prepared to spam the campaign as well.

bolidew
11-30-2007, 11:07 AM
Not sure by year end???

IOWA caucus will be on Jan. 3rd!!

Don't waste this media opportunity.

Ann Kobialka
11-30-2007, 11:13 AM
I think all of you folks saying ok no big deal are absolutely right. After all I'm sure you are all getting as tired as I am at all Ron Paul every day on every channel. I think the campaign is doing a chipper job at getting us air time. Didn't someone say after we raised 4.3 mil that we were getting 100's of requests. I'm sure those incompetent #*&$%( have us scheduled steady right after we loose the primaries. We'll have lots of time then. WTF WTF WTF

random
11-30-2007, 11:15 AM
While we have to assume that the decision to "delay" until the end of the year has been made with the best interests of the campaign in mind, we need to remember that some of the campaign's recent decisions have been poor.

At the very least, it would be nice if someone from the campaign can take a minute to post a clear reason for the decision not to commit to this apparently excellent opportunity, instead of fobbing us off with vague "conflict" issues.

reduen
11-30-2007, 11:17 AM
This is war, Dr. Paul said it himself. We must win the battle against people like Beck who say that we should be afraid of these "terrorists", enough to give up certain liberties.

Ron Paul can take this guy with no problems. I have every faith in our General here! I beleive that Dr. Paul should get on as soon as possible!

Maybe a stipulation should be that Dr. Paul may have his supporters as a live audience during the interview if that is possible. (Like a talk show)

Anyway, whatever the case Dr. Paul has not failed us before so bring it on!!!

michaelwise
11-30-2007, 11:20 AM
Ron or Jesse Benton should make a Youtube video response to Glen Beck's offer.
They could state in the video that Ron will come on his show under certain conditions.
1) It will not be a hit piece like what happened with Bill ORiely.
2) There will be no name calling or marginalizing of the candidate.
3) Half of the topics discussed will be of Ron Paul's choosing.
4) Ron Paul's responses to questions will not be cut off and he will be allowed to answer questions fully.

Under these conditions Ron will agree to to appear on his show.

wsc321
11-30-2007, 11:22 AM
It would be nice if, at a minimum, the campaign would respond substantively as to the delay. I'm frustrated a bit, too, but let's not get hysterical.

Speaking of media appearances, has anyone heard further on the following rumors?

The View
60 Minutes
Letterman
Other?

dante
11-30-2007, 11:22 AM
They could state in the video that Ron will come on his show under certain conditions.
4) Ron Paul's responses to questions will not be cut off and he will be allowed to answer questions fully.

QFT

BlueGecko
11-30-2007, 11:26 AM
Judging from RP not being included on the presidential poll on his web site, he's not very sympathetic at all. maybe he's likes huckalberries

oh well

janeuner
11-30-2007, 11:27 AM
Speaking of media appearances, has anyone heard further on the following rumors?

The View
60 Minutes
Letterman
Other?

The View > Glen Beck > Letterman > 60 Minutes

Just my humble opinion...

random
11-30-2007, 11:29 AM

Under these conditions Ron will agree to to appear on his show.I disagree with this suggestion. If Beck is intent on maligning Dr. Paul, he'll either ignore these conditions or find a way to avoid them.

Instead, if Dr. Paul's going to attend, he should attend in good faith and deal with any garbage the way he's always done -- the way that we admire him for -- with intelligent responses.

Smiley Gladhands
11-30-2007, 11:30 AM
At the very least, it would be nice if someone from the campaign can take a minute to post a clear reason for the decision not to commit to this apparently excellent opportunity, instead of fobbing us off with vague "conflict" issues.

That's the least they owe us. They've had since the interview was originally scheduled to find another time to go onto Beck.

For comparison sake, look at how long it has taken the grassroots to [knock on wood] prepare to get a freaking BLIMP in the air!!! All the campaign has to do is SCHEDULE some time for Ron to sit in a chair and talk to a neocon....or even ATTEMPT to schedule it!!! We have no evidence of an attempt to schedule this interview at all, and news that it doesn't look likely before the end of the year should be very disturbing to all fans of liberty.

It doesn't take that long to attempt to schedule something. I scheduled several things yesterday, all by myself. You look at a calendar, you send an email with a few potential dates, and you wait for a response. If you don't see any potential dates, you bump somebody who ISN'T offering you a full hour on a MSM news channel. Simple as that. Wait for a response. Confirm. Put it on the calendar. Then tell the grassroots to calm down, and that Ron has scheduled a time to appear on Glenn Beck. Everyone cheers and programs their Tivos.

I think we've been a little to patient with the campaign regarding this issue. If we don't have some sort of evidence that they are actually doing something to try to schedule this interview within a few days I will step up my attempts to show the campaign how important this is.

If the blimp is in the air before an interview with Glenn Beck is scheduled the campaign will feel my wrath.

Don't get between a man and his liberty.

familydog
11-30-2007, 11:31 AM
I'm not sure why I see a lot of interviews on radio stations that don't broadcast nationally, but when the opportunity pops up to do just that...with a huge audience none the less, he is dragging his feet. I respect him for being principled, but it all won't matter if he doesn't reach Republican primary voters which are exactly Beck's audience. Look at the Buchanon interview on Beck's show recently. Buchanon and Dr. Paul have the majoirty of issues in common, and Beck wasn't foaming at the mouth and attacking him. What's the difference? This ain't O'Reilly.

MadOdorMachine
11-30-2007, 11:34 AM
I stated it in another thread, but I'll say it again. I won't donate any money to Ron Paul's campaign unless they go on Glenn Beck and they announce that they are doing it within the next week. It's pointless for me to donate my money with the intention of them using it for television and radio advertisements when they are willing to pass up several hours of free mainstream media coverage. I've already called their campaign about it, but I might call them again and let them know I expect this to happen before the primaries and I expect confirmation by the end of next week.

I don't really understand what Ron Paul's problem is with Glenn Beck, but it's really annoying. There are very few people in the mainstream media that spread positive news about Ron Paul and Glenn Beck is one of them. I don't blame Glenn Beck for critisizing Ron Paul for standing him up or for critisizing the fans. Sometimes we can go overboard. We all know that most people didn't get the meaning of 5 Nov. That's fine and it's past us. The point is that's part of being in the public spotlight. You have to take the good press with the bad. It's time for Ron Paul to quite playing these silly little games and do this, especially after his weak performance at the debate the other night. Mike Huckabee ran all over him, when Ron Paul was in the ideal situation to benefit from it. He needs to get on this program before the primaries so that he can explain his viewpoints. If he is afraid to explain his views on Glenn Beck's show (who agrees with him on a lot of issues) then he is unfit to be President. There are times when I didn't agree with some of the things Ron Paul had to say, but once I heard him explain his reasoning for it, his response has always changed my view to his favor. This is his opportunity!!! What is he waiting for an invitation??? YOU GOT ONE!!!

pacelli
11-30-2007, 11:35 AM
tick tock tick tock tick tock.....

Originally Posted by michaelwise View Post

On October 11, 2007, Dr. Paul himself commented about going on Glenn Beck's show.
Video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYSeHMEjRy0

traviskicks
11-30-2007, 11:35 AM
Glenn Beck made an offer on YouTube to give Paul a full hour both on radio and on TV. I called HQ about the Glenn Beck interview. The campaign told me they couldn't commit to a decision being made by the end of the year on whether or not to accept. I think this is unacceptable.

Why won't they do it! What are they afraid of? Beck is on our side, the message, if not with the man, and who cares about the man, the message is important! Do it Ron Paul!

Ozwest
11-30-2007, 11:38 AM
Where are getting this information from? Seriously.

Any of ya want to play poker some time?

kylejack
11-30-2007, 11:39 AM
Where are getting this information from? Seriously.

Any of ya want to play poker some time?

I put you on AK.

coboman
11-30-2007, 11:39 AM
One hour in TV is big money. Plus another in radio is more big money.

Not taking it is like wasting our donations.
I would definitely feel let down.

michaelwise
11-30-2007, 11:40 AM
I disagree with this suggestion. If Beck is intent on maligning Dr. Paul, he'll either ignore these conditions or find a way to avoid them.

Instead, if Dr. Paul's going to attend, he should attend in good faith and deal with any garbage the way he's always done -- the way that we admire him for -- with intelligent responses.A Youtube response to Beck's offer would be out there for all the world to see. This would be solid evidence that HQ is reaching out. This would answer the grassroots concern whatever HQ's decision. The Grassroots Campaign deserves at least this type of response to our concerns.

Ozwest
11-30-2007, 11:43 AM
Steady on!

Seven card stud anyone?

random
11-30-2007, 11:44 AM
A Youtube response to Beck's offer would be out there for all the world to see. This would be solid evidence that HQ is reaching out. This would answer the grassroots concern whatever HQ's decision. The Grassroots Campaign deserves at least this type of response to our concerns.I agree with you that the campaign should get a response out -- and fast! -- all I'm saying is that there shouldn't be strings attached.

Ann Kobialka
11-30-2007, 11:45 AM
I took a $1500 loan with $250 for tonight and $1200 for the tea party that would max me out.
This campaign press corp or whoever is not getting us exposure is either in over thier heads or in over thier heads. I'm a waitress $1500 is a lot of money for me and as of right now my grandkids are having a $1500 dollar Christmas. Why should I take loans to pay these peoples salaries? WTF

Stealth
11-30-2007, 11:46 AM
because glenn beck is a douche for taking RP out of the polls

random
11-30-2007, 11:48 AM
because glenn beck is a douche for taking RP out of the pollsHis poll is meaningless. The airtime is not.

Bradley in DC
11-30-2007, 11:50 AM

Detrimental, trust me, please.

MadOdorMachine
11-30-2007, 11:52 AM
On October 11, 2007, Dr. Paul himself commented about going on Glenn Beck's show.
Video here:

Glenn Beck is not Bill O'Reilly. I've never seen him cut off the person he's interviewing and not allow them to speak. It is a common occurance on the O'Reilly Factor though. Ron should have known Bill would eat his lunch and try everything he could to make Ron look bad. I look past a lot of the negativity with Ron Paul, the crappy commercials, not being more aggressive, etc. etc. This is very disrespectful to anyone that has donated money to his campaign. There really should be no thought about it. He should cancel whatever appointments he has for that day and do this now. He needs to do it before the Iowa and Hew Hampshire primaries. There is only one direction he will go from this and that is up.

MadOdorMachine
11-30-2007, 11:56 AM
because glenn beck is a douche for taking RP out of the polls

No he's not, you have to understand that sometimes the fans over do it. There are times when Ron Paul supporters turn potential supporters away because of their tactics. You have to look at it from both sides. Have you ever seen a rabbid Dallas Cowboy fan who tries to convince you that they are the best team in the country? Even if your team isn't in the Superbowl and you were on the fence about which team you were going to support, that persons attitude made you dislike the Cowboys. It's the same thing here. Sometimes people just need to take a step back and cool it.

Ozwest
11-30-2007, 11:57 AM
God damn. Settle down with the histrionics!

Our Man's tough enough.

He'll earn his badge of courage many times over.

coboman
11-30-2007, 11:59 AM

Detrimental, trust me, please.

Then let's call them to let them know our discontent. Letting this opportunity pass them by is a waste of money... OUR MONEY.

I would be terribly upset if they don't take the offer before the tea party.

Jobarra
11-30-2007, 12:01 PM
You want to change this? Instead of calling Glenn Beck, call the HQ as some have done already. Surprised that there hasn't been a coordinated effort yet.

As for the fairness of Glenn Beck in a one on one interview, I haven't seen one yet where he has attacked the interviewee like O'Reilly does. He may say stuff about them in the 'regular' show, but I haven't seen him dog someone in an interview. Not saying that wouldn't change with RP though as Glenn's biggest push is for destroying the Middle East(no matter the cost to the United States) and RP is against it.

That being said though, calling RP the 'mayor of crazytown' was pretty bad. Not correcting David Horowitz for calling us islamofascists was worse. I could see the reasons for not coming on the show, but I think the media exposure is worth so much more than not responding. He's going to call RP a loon either way, why not get on the show and at least have a chance to speak.

I think there have been a few instances of mismanagement by the campaign already with one of them DIRECTLY related to Glenn Beck. The campaign has already stated that they had an appointment with Beck and cancelled because Wolf Blitzer wanted him instead. I would be furious with a guest too if he did that. Doesn't excuse Beck for some of the most recent stuff, but the campaign hasn't been without fault in handling this.

I wish it could be possible for Penn to be there to mediate Beck, but that might be asking a bit much. I doubt Penn would let any BS come out of Beck though. That would be a heck of a show as well.

Bottom line, you want the campaign to do this, flood them with support for the idea just like has been done with many other media outlets.

chandlerLBT
11-30-2007, 12:06 PM
Video here:

this video needs to be heard by HQ staff. paul says that he will probably be on glenn's show in a few weeks. that was BEFORE he even offered paul an hour. now his staff can't commit to this year?! what the hell is going on here?

goRPaul
11-30-2007, 12:07 PM
Glenn Beck is doing this for attention.

Accepting this is a mine field for Paul.

It could be very rewarding, but it could just as easily be disastrous.

Repeat: Beck is doing this for attention.

IHaveaDream
11-30-2007, 12:11 PM
When the news of this opportunity first broke, I made it clear that I would not donate another dime to this effort if the campaign refused to accept this priceless opportunity. I haven't donated today and I will not donate again until I hear an official confirmation that the invitation has been accepted and scheduled. I'm no fan of Glenn Beck. He's just another waterboy for the neocons, same as Limbaugh and Hannity. But whether I like Beck or not is irrelevent. He does have viewers that need to hear about Dr. Paul's reasoning. We're talking about one hour of prime time and one hour of nationally broadcasted talk-radio. Do you have any idea what it would cost to buy that kind of exposure? We have an opportunity to get it free! The campaign sends out regular emails whining for more money NOW and then constantly screws up golden opportunities to win new supporters who could help us carry this huge financial burden.

I think Dr. Paul is an exceptional man. I am honored to be associated with this movement and you fellow supporters. You can cuss me, hate me, or tell me I am no longer welcome here. It won't matter. I will still campaign for Dr. Paul, I will still vote for Dr. Paul. But I will not donate another dime from my meager budget until the campaign "formally" accepts the interview with Beck or "formally" offers an acceptable explanation for not doing so.

Gadsdenfly
11-30-2007, 12:12 PM
Like many of you I have donated a lot of time and money to the Ron Paul campaign and I am a little annoyed that they can't do more with what we have done for them. I just want to say imho the official campaign is extremely amateurish. Huckabee with far less cash puts together much more polished and effective advertising. He is well prepped for debates and media appearances. He "packages" his presentation and ideas and is well coached. Ron Paul goes out half the time in worn out Reeboks and a Sears suit and stammers and struggles to fit his ideas into the soundbites. Don't get me wrong I love Ron Paul and his message and have for years and that is why it is frustrating to see the lack of professional polish that should have come with the money. Also I am tired of hearing that they can't figure out what to do with all this unexpected money. That he is surprised to have the support etc etc. Hire some damn profesionals to spend our money in the most effetive way possible and that starts with getting a staff that will prepare you to get on every national TV appearence possible and stop fumbling the ball with important Republican voter groups lke the NRA. Stop saying you don't know what you are doing and you are as surprised as anyone to be there!

I am not a campaign pro but I know an amateur campaign when I see it and so does the American public.

/rant

jumpyg1258
11-30-2007, 12:12 PM
If they go on there, all it will be is a hitpiece and you all should know that by now. I wouldnt be surprised if that douche called RP a terrorist to his face.

bolidew
11-30-2007, 12:16 PM
Repeat: take advantage of it.

RP can handle anyone one-on-one.

Lord Xar
11-30-2007, 12:20 PM
A chance to have your message heard by millions..

and you don't do it RIGHT BEFORE THE PRIMARIES????

LAME BEYOND BELIEF.

I guess we'll just have to hope his little cnn shows at 5am that have maybe 200K watching will suffice. Or his 2 minutes interviews on msnbc...

yeah, I guess 1 hour reaching millions is not a 'good move'....

uhmmmmm.... not very smart.

mport1
11-30-2007, 12:20 PM
Everybody please contact the campaign about this. I can't believe they haven't jumped on the offer.

American
11-30-2007, 12:21 PM
I trust Ron Paul and his campaign, I dont know all the details behind this but I am also not in a place to criticize them either. He might actually be booked for somewhere else, or maybe they know something we dont, ya think?

I see all the fair weathered supporters demanding shit they have no right to demand. Then I am reading I think RP is this and that but if he doesnt do as I say, he wont get any of my money.

ef off already, this isnt about you sunshine, get over it.

chandlerLBT
11-30-2007, 12:25 PM
if glenn fucks with ron paul for an ENTIRE HOUR, (which is stupid to even think he possibley could btw) it would be the end of his career. he's not stupid okay? he knows that if he kisses some ass talking to ron and giving him a fair hour-long interview, his ratings will go up. if he gives ron an unfair hour-long ron paul bash, then he will lose potential everyday watcher, he will lose some of his own support for being a giant asshole to a human being, and he could lose his job or his advertisers from the mass emails we would send. which would you chose?

bgoldwater
11-30-2007, 12:25 PM
He must go on. Every other interview on tv has been for less than 10 minutes. 2 Hours is plenty of time to explain liberty. When you say you want to abolish department of education without explaining, it makes you seem crazy to the majority of people.

Jobarra
11-30-2007, 12:26 PM
If they go on there, all it will be is a hitpiece and you all should know that by now. I wouldnt be surprised if that douche called RP a terrorist to his face.
Ron Paul retort: "The Constitution is a terrorist document?"

Of course Beck wants attention. But the only thing he can go after Dr. Paul for is his message against the war. Beck publicly states that he supports Dr. Paul on everything else. I'm not saying it can't be done, but how does he attack Dr. Paul on positions HE HIMSELF PUBLICLY ENDORSES.

A national hour long television program that is aired for hours. Do you have any idea how much that is worth?

Dr. Paul is correct that Beck was discourteous to him. However, I find that they both seem to be acting childish now. I expect it from Beck, I DO NOT expect it from Dr. Paul.

Taco John
11-30-2007, 12:26 PM
I think the campaign knows what they're doing on this one. I fully support their decision to abstain from the fork tongued demagogues program.

Jobarra
11-30-2007, 12:31 PM
I trust Ron Paul and his campaign, I dont know all the details behind this but I am also not in a place to criticize them either. He might actually be booked for somewhere else, or maybe they know something we dont, ya think?

I see all the fair weathered supporters demanding shit they have no right to demand. Then I am reading I think RP is this and that but if he doesnt do as I say, he wont get any of my money.

Funny, this IS about us. WE gave him money to get this sort of exposure. He is now not willing to accept it?

I support this campaign because it stands for ideas that represent freedom and responsibility. It would be irresponsible for me to keep my mouth shut because I disagree with the campaign.

"Fair weathered supporter" What next, going to call me an islamofascist? Stuff it with your "If you don't agree with the campaign 100% you're not really for Ron Paul" mentality.

Frankie Lee
11-30-2007, 12:36 PM
i won't be donating anymore money if he is not on the show before december 16th

instead ill be donating to the more competent grassroots efforts.

American
11-30-2007, 12:42 PM
Funny, this IS about us. WE gave him money to get this sort of exposure. He is now not willing to accept it?

I support this campaign because it stands for ideas that represent freedom and responsibility. It would be irresponsible for me to keep my mouth shut because I disagree with the campaign.

"Fair weathered supporter" What next, going to call me an islamofascist? Stuff it with your "If you don't agree with the campaign 100% you're not really for Ron Paul" mentality.

First off, this is an information fight we are in, and no one really knows who is here and what the intentions are. To start making demands from the official campaign when this is the grassroots, which is not affiliated with is harmful.

Taken way out of context, this is about getting Ron Paul into the presidency. So far he has been right on everything and to assume he doesn't know what he is doing now means you don't believe in him....imho

As I said in the comment, we dont know that background info on this and you will just have to trust his judgment, which has been perfect so far.

Curious, how many times have you been involved with the political process like this, what are your qualifications to make such claims.

chandlerLBT
11-30-2007, 12:46 PM
i just sent an email encouraging either an acceptance to glenn's offer, or legitimate reason why not to his grassroots. i linked both glenn's offer and the video where ron paul personally stating that he will probably be on glenn's show in a few weeks which was stated in october. if you want ron on this show, then i suggest you do the same.

sharedvoice
11-30-2007, 12:47 PM
Dr. Paul has man-handled much worse... Glen Beck is really a non-issue.

bgoldwater
11-30-2007, 12:49 PM
There is no excuse. It will be a total shame if doesn't accept. This is not like a Oreilly 5 minute interview.

garrettwombat
11-30-2007, 12:54 PM
when people want paul on there show... and the campaign rejects that is just ignorant...

not only does ron paul need more air time on tv and it wouldnt be difficult.

2 full hours of an interview??? WHY ON EARTH WOULD THEY PASS THIS UP?

not a lot of people understand ron paul like we do, if he was interviewed in depth, then i think a lot of people would... christ, its a no brainer.

Jobarra
11-30-2007, 01:00 PM
First off, this is an information fight we are in, and no one really knows who is here and what the intentions are. To start making demands from the official campaign when this is the grassroots, which is not affiliated with is harmful.

Taken way out of context, this is about getting Ron Paul into the presidency. So far he has been right on everything and to assume he doesn't know what he is doing now means you don't believe in him....imho

As I said in the comment, we dont know that background info on this and you will just have to trust his judgment, which has been perfect so far.

Curious, how many times have you been involved with the political process like this, what are your qualifications to make such claims.
What claims are you talking about?

Paul's campaign staff have already admitted they made the 'mistake' knowingly. Somehow, I don't see that as perfect.

And there you go again assuming not agreeing 100% with the campaign is somehow being against the message that Ron Paul stands for. Wow, you would do Glenn Beck and O'Reilly proud.

Matthew Zak
11-30-2007, 01:02 PM
Ron Paul needs to jump at this. His grassroots supporters (us) are exhausting ourselves, breaking the bank, and obsessing over ways to get the most bang for our buck. The opportunity to be on Glen Beck's show is too good, simply way to good to pass up. If they pass it up I want to know why.

traviskicks
11-30-2007, 01:07 PM
When the news of this opportunity first broke, I made it clear that I would not donate another dime to this effort if the campaign refused to accept this priceless opportunity. I haven't donated today and I will not donate again until I hear an official confirmation that the invitation has been accepted and scheduled. I'm no fan of Glenn Beck. He's just another waterboy for the neocons, same as Limbaugh and Hannity. But whether I like Beck or not is irrelevent. He does have viewers that need to hear about Dr. Paul's reasoning. We're talking about one hour of prime time and one hour of nationally broadcasted talk-radio. Do you have any idea what it would cost to buy that kind of exposure? We have an opportunity to get it free! The campaign sends out regular emails whining for more money NOW and then constantly screws up golden opportunities to win new supporters who could help us carry this huge financial burden.

I think Dr. Paul is an exceptional man. I am honored to be associated with this movement and you fellow supporters. You can cuss me, hate me, or tell me I am no longer welcome here. It won't matter. I will still campaign for Dr. Paul, I will still vote for Dr. Paul. But I will not donate another dime from my meager budget until the campaign "formally" accepts the interview with Beck or "formally" offers an acceptable explanation for not doing so.

Bump!

I emailed HQ!

Ann Kobialka
11-30-2007, 01:08 PM
My complaint is not just about screwing up the glen beck offer [an hour of prime time in front of republicans on tv and an hour on a neocon radio show}
He is no where to be seen, at all, anywhere. I thought we were getting 100's of offers for interviews. So who is in charge of scheduling them and why are they still getting paid ?
What weekend circuit shows has he been on in the last two weekends ? Why not
What shows are we doing this weekend and why not?
Romney is on constantly, Thompson and Jerri are being advertised they'll be on , Mccain is getting interviews, Rudy at will and lets not even talk about huck. They are all over him and he's making time
But were on Alex's show agin' that will get us moving up

MsDoodahs
11-30-2007, 01:09 PM
How else to get someone fired if their ratings continue to plummit. I believe RP won't do the interview because the way GB talked about his supporters. I honestly believe that. GB is two faced also and shouldn't be given the pleasure to increase his ratings by having the Dr. on.
Maybe he waiting for a more popular program other than GB to offer him on. Sometimes they want you more if you say no. It has to be some important reason and we shouldn't judge RPs judgement. There is a reason I have to say.

I think you may be right. :)

akovacs
11-30-2007, 01:13 PM
Yeah, I think the campaign really needs to make this a priority. It would be foolish to pass this up.

jnpg
11-30-2007, 01:16 PM
It is BS if RP doesn't go on. I can't believe he would be afraid or even that offended that he won't go on this stupid show!? I KNOW he would win over a good portion of Beck's listeners. Especially with a whole hour?! Hells bells I want to hear RP talk for 2 hours?! Do it for me!

paulitics
11-30-2007, 01:16 PM
My complaint is not just about screwing up the glen beck offer [an hour of prime time in front of republicans on tv and an hour on a neocon radio show}
He is no where to be seen, at all, anywhere. I thought we were getting 100's of offers for interviews. So who is in charge of scheduling them and why are they still getting paid ?
What weekend circuit shows has he been on in the last two weekends ? Why not
What shows are we doing this weekend and why not?
Romney is on constantly, Thompson and Jerri are being advertised they'll be on , Mccain is getting interviews, Rudy at will and lets not even talk about huck. They are all over him and he's making time
But were on Alex's show agin' that will get us moving up

I know, its ridiculous, and "scheduling difficulties" does not add up. They can't be selective when there is nothing in the pipeline.

robert4rp08
11-30-2007, 01:17 PM
I think the air time would be great for Paul. I think he would be able to handle Beck, but I trust in whatever the campaign's decision may be. I definitely wouldn't put it past Beck to try and be controversial, e.g., the Nov 5 broadcast.

BadMrFrosty
11-30-2007, 01:17 PM
Bump!

I emailed HQ!

Did the the same thing....I emailed them and said I WILL NOT DONATE ANY MORE MONEY if they pass this up. Can someone confirm they are passing this up. I don't want to believe it.

praxisseizure
11-30-2007, 01:56 PM
you people do realise this squabbling between everyone here is the DESIRED RESULT of GB's video.

Ron Paul has our trust. TRUST HIM! not your testosterone!

don't fracture now. we're just starting this herculean haul of putting paul into the white house without an OUNCE OF SUPPORT from mega business. we are his support! keep your eyes on the prize. There will be more villains trying to DRAG AND DIVIDE US! guaranteed.

stevedasbach
11-30-2007, 02:12 PM

Did you speak to Jessi Benton or someone higher up? If not, you were talking with someone who doesn't have the ability to commit the campaign to doing anything.

Ron LOL
11-30-2007, 02:16 PM
Like many of you I have donated a lot of time and money to the Ron Paul campaign and I am a little annoyed that they can't do more with what we have done for them. I just want to say imho the official campaign is extremely amateurish. Huckabee with far less cash puts together much more polished and effective advertising. He is well prepped for debates and media appearances. He "packages" his presentation and ideas and is well coached. Ron Paul goes out half the time in worn out Reeboks and a Sears suit and stammers and struggles to fit his ideas into the soundbites. Don't get me wrong I love Ron Paul and his message and have for years and that is why it is frustrating to see the lack of professional polish that should have come with the money. Also I am tired of hearing that they can't figure out what to do with all this unexpected money. That he is surprised to have the support etc etc. Hire some damn profesionals to spend our money in the most effetive way possible and that starts with getting a staff that will prepare you to get on every national TV appearence possible and stop fumbling the ball with important Republican voter groups lke the NRA. Stop saying you don't know what you are doing and you are as surprised as anyone to be there!

I am not a campaign pro but I know an amateur campaign when I see it and so does the American public.

/rant

I couldn't agree more. I feel exactly the same way about how the campaign is being run.

BarryDonegan
11-30-2007, 02:19 PM
im sure there is a very good reason for this.

we are not politics professionals.

instead of criticizing the campaign, do stuff that makes their job easier

Ann Kobialka
11-30-2007, 02:28 PM
And evidently some one at the campaign is not a politc professional either.
For three days noe larry king has been advertising
Fred Thompson and his lovely wife will be on Friday night for an indept interview
When is Dr. Paul and Carrol scheduled for thier indept interview
When are we scheduled for anything other than Alex Jones ???

Zym
11-30-2007, 02:34 PM
I think it's a huge missed opportunity also, but remember there may be a very good reason Dr. Paul is not going on Beck that we are not aware of. I can't imagine him passing up this opportunity for no reason. There has to be something behind it that they don't want public.

Are people seriously suggesting we spam our own campaign???

sarbruis
11-30-2007, 02:38 PM
2char

weagle
11-30-2007, 02:39 PM
You do realize that Glenn Beck tapes these shows in advance. There is no scheduling conflict that has been going on for weeks. Glenn would probably tape it any day of the week and air it on Friday night when he normally airs one-on-one interviews on TV and could play the hour on radio an time during his 15 hours of broadcast during the week.

The campaign is wrong in this instance.

Ron LOL
11-30-2007, 02:49 PM
When are we scheduled for anything other than Alex Jones ???

Reading this just makes me mad, because it's so true. No offense to Alex Jones fans, but that show should really be RP's lowest priority. Ron Paul should have been ALL OVER the conservative talk radio circuit by now. He doesn't even have to be in the studio for that (though it's nice for sound quality, and if he gets a full hour, he should really be there).

The "campaign professional" argument is getting a bit old IMO. Where's the media blitz? Does Ron Paul even have a press secretary or media relations pro? And I do mean pro, not someone who's just "kind of calling around."

Huckabee is able to do less with more not only because he gets MSM coverage that we don't. The production value of his Chuck Norris bit was way higher than our NH commercials. It's just shameful. This amateurism is going to be the end of us.

Washington may not have changed Ron Paul, but he needs to start playing like he's in the big leagues. Everybody I know is sick and tired of politics as usual. The message is there. We need to package it appropriately.

Our grassroots support is amazing, but it's kind of a sad day when everything we do looks better than what the campaign can pump out.

BarryDonegan
11-30-2007, 02:59 PM
i guarantee you Larry King will not give an interview to Dr. Paul right now.

Larry King is as bad as gets as far as partisan favoritism. watch how he worked the Bush/Clinton election

praxisseizure
11-30-2007, 03:01 PM
I think it's a huge missed opportunity also, but remember there may be a very good reason Dr. Paul is not going on Beck that we are not aware of. I can't imagine him passing up this opportunity for no reason. There has to be something behind it that they don't want public.

Are people seriously suggesting we spam our own campaign???

Whatever the case, cause or result.
You don't NEED GB. It could help and it couldn't really hurt that much, but that's irrelevant. You've done this outside the media system so well.. They should swoon over you! GB is pandering to your emotional reflexes. Let RP do this on his own, by his own free will. We're not PAYING for Ron Paul. We're SUPPORTING him because we are believers. We trust him. There's a difference there. Freedom is his message. At least we can dignify ourselves as RP supporters and understand if he makes UNPOPULAR CHOICES!

He might be wrong, he might be right. It isn't up to the media to inform people! What the hell do you think they've been doing the last 50 years? Making sure we know our rights?!

Our heads are getting bigger, Ron's is too. Don't let that get the best of your judgement. Ron is the most relaxed man I've ever seen on a stage filled with sharks that want to EAT HIM. Even when he gets tense.

Calm down, let things work out in the most beneficial way possible. There isn't going to be any blowback for not accepting GB's request now. If RP outright refused, then well... there might be some.. but really. You are bigger than GB and you know it. Does he have hundreds of thousands of people giving him millions of dollars of support for nothing more than faith in his ideas and conviction he could lead us to justice?!

Look forward people, not to the side. Distractions and Fractures will only hurt us.

Tom

(I've been a quiet absorbing lurker for 9 months. You guys are some of the most amazing people I've ever witnessed on the internet. I love you all and I've never met a single one. I live on a hill in Newtown, CT. I will see the sun set on a great day for the RP campaign around 5pmEST. 2 hours before GO-TIME.)

torchbearer
11-30-2007, 03:07 PM
http://photos1.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/1/e/1/2/highres_2647698.jpeg
Because he is looking out for you!

mconder
11-30-2007, 03:07 PM

I agree that this is utterly unacceptable. Are they saying that there is something bigger planned for RP every day in December? Have they started smoking crack?

dmspilot00
11-30-2007, 03:08 PM
The campaign is dropping the ball big time. They ignore emails, put out crap TV ads, and pass up huge media opportunities. Someone needs fired.

Delain
11-30-2007, 03:09 PM
Maybe Ron Paul himself doenst want to go on?

So what you gonna do then? Make him?

F*** Glen Beck anyway. The guy puts up polls " Who will win the '08 Republican nomination?" with Ron Paul excluded. And now youre going to demand HQ because of that prick? Nuts!

James R
11-30-2007, 03:10 PM

"I'm sure there is a very good reason for this." = Secret Evidence. I don't believe in secret evidence, either in the courts or in the political campaigns.

"They are the professionals." = Blind Faith. I don't believe in that either.

Adamsa
11-30-2007, 03:10 PM
A lot of neo-conservatives could be swayed whilst watching, I think it's a good idea.

WilliamC
11-30-2007, 03:13 PM
Greetings All

I think the campaign knows what they're doing on this one. I fully support their decision to abstain from the fork tongued demagogues program.

First let me give you a huge thanks for the interview you did, I saw it on youtube and you were fantastic!

I do hope the campaign knows what they are doing, but I also think that neither they nor Ron Paul were prepared for the amount of support and money he now has. I know NOTHING about political campaigns but surely there must be some way to get some professional advice that won't change the message but help make it more appealing for the general public? I really hope after the last debate Ron Paul gets more confident in himself, and not just in his message. He does very well when given time to explain his ideas but often on TV he doesn't have the time and needs to have good "soundbite" responses to common questions. He has come this far because he was largely "preaching to the choir" but most of the easy converts have already been made. Now he needs to bow the the inevitable pressure of a modern campaign and get his message polished and packaged for mass distribution. No matter his initial reluctance he is now the man in charge and all our support can't propel him to the next level unless he is willing to break the mold he is in. He has the voting record, the honesty, the integrity, and the truth on his side. Now he needs confidence in himself and in his message.

Please Dr. Paul, look outside yourself for help. We need you to lead the Revolution. Talk like a president, be decisive and take us to victory and yourself to the White House.

William C Colley

Fyretrohl
11-30-2007, 03:15 PM
OKay...My .02...

First - We need to let the campaign know what we think, POSITIVELY. Remember, these are the people who are in charge of the campaign we support.

Second - People are correct. If RP does not do this, we will have to back off Beck, for better or worse. Can still point out real errors in what he says about Paul, but, not the attacks.

Finally - Perhaps an offer to raise X dollars to specifically allow this? Give Dr Paul a 'day' off type of situation, pay for the transport, etc. Just an idea of a special, small donation situation.

Revolution9
11-30-2007, 03:18 PM

I agree that this is utterly unacceptable. Are they saying that there is something bigger planned for RP every day in December? Have they started smoking crack?

I thought about this a while. This is actually a good strategy to not speak with him till the Q4 figures of all campaigns come out.. Then he will not be able to spend precious minutes on the you are not going to get the nomination crap. We should break records the weekend of the 16th and then decide the time of the showdown in Dodge City with the WhiteHat versus the BlackHats.

Best Regards
Randy

ClayTrainor
11-30-2007, 03:19 PM
"I'm sure there is a very good reason for this." = Secret Evidence. I don't believe in secret evidence, either in the courts or in the political campaigns.

"They are the professionals." = Blind Faith. I don't believe in that either.

i gotta say bro..i agree with your reasoning 100%

This campaign is fueled by the people, so that the ron paul candidacy will support the people... abolish the cia, fbi... all these secret corporations.

No more secrecy, the campaign will hopefully at least explain to the people why Ron Paul will not appear, otherwise, people will begin not trusting this campaign, and it could divide us...

torchbearer
11-30-2007, 03:20 PM
http://photos1.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/1/e/1/2/highres_2647698.jpeg
Because he is looking out for you!

just a reminder.

Air420
11-30-2007, 03:22 PM
He should take this as soon as possible, all publicity is good publicity. Name recognition should be the 1# goal at this point.

Sevryn45
11-30-2007, 03:22 PM
Glen Beck is nuts, he called us RP supporters Terrorists and wants us put into camps.

Ann Kobialka
11-30-2007, 03:24 PM
I'm watching wolfee interview Edwards wife as i type. Were are our interviews?????

random
11-30-2007, 03:24 PM
No more secrecy, the campaign will hopefully at least explain to the people why Ron Paul will not appear, otherwise, people will begin not trusting this campaign, and it could divide us...It already is, judging by the number of comments from those witholding donations until an adequate explanation is forthcoming. After all, airtime is what these donations are for.

piotr1
11-30-2007, 03:25 PM

Don't assume the campaign has all the answers or is unable to make mistakes.

As we saw what happened prior to Philly. We must work collectively.

random
11-30-2007, 03:26 PM
Glen Beck is nuts, he called us RP supporters Terrorists and wants us put into camps.It doesn't matter what he called/calls us -- its about whether Ron Paul can get across to those who watch Beck.

thePhilosopher
11-30-2007, 03:28 PM
Glen Beck is nuts, he called us RP supporters Terrorists and wants us put into camps.

There is 0 validity to this statements or statements like this. Go back and read the transcripts, sir. Beck's is the most reasonable voice in the MSM, and I wish the campaign would wise up and book ASAP. As one who has made donations to RP's campaign, this pisses me off greatly.

MadOdorMachine
11-30-2007, 03:34 PM
If Ron Paul can't stand up to Glenn Beck, how the heck is going to stand up to the Kim Jong Ill's, Akmadinejad's and Hugo Chavez' of the world? Straight up, if he doesn't do this he doesn't deserve to be President. As much as I like the idea of reducing the size of government, I don't want a weak Commander in Chief. It's rediculous that we should even have to do this. Also, I agree that he needs to use the money we have given him to get some professional commercials. I just heard one on the radio and it was terrible.

Delain
11-30-2007, 03:34 PM
It already is, judging by the number of comments from those witholding donations until an adequate explanation is forthcoming.

Let them keep their money!

Or donate it to Glen Beck.

For I all know those are just another Nick Farr anyway.

Delain
11-30-2007, 03:37 PM
If Ron Paul can't stand up to Glenn Beck, how the heck is going to stand up to the Kim Jong Ill's, Akmadinejad's and Hugo Chavez' of the world? Straight up, if he doesn't do this he doesn't deserve to be President. As much as I like the idea of reducing the size of government, I don't want a weak Commander in Chief. It's rediculous that we should even have to do this. Also, I agree that he needs to use the money we have given him to get some professional commercials. I just heard one on the radio and it was terrible.

shill

Flash
11-30-2007, 03:39 PM
Lets play Devil's advocate.

Ask yourself, does Glenn Beck edit his show and make it look like Ron Paul is losing the debate? Thats something Bill O'Reilly does, the campaign has to take this into consideration.

torchbearer
11-30-2007, 03:41 PM

Are you comparing Glenn Beck to world leaders? We can win this election if people would stop worrying about what the official campaign is doing... and going out and becoming delegates. If you haven't started this process yet, pm me. i'll help you.

The amount of useless garbage in our grassroots section is getting very annoying... We have this section to help organize grassroots efforts and share grassroots related stories. This fits neither criteria.

WilliamC
11-30-2007, 03:42 PM
Greetings All,

Instead of witholding donations why not use the code "Beck" when making a donation? Or maybe "yes-Beck" if you you want the interview, "no-Beck" if you don't?

William C Colley

mc_RP2008
11-30-2007, 03:43 PM
If the goal is to WIN... it makes no sense whatsoever to pass up this opportunity.
This is a Republican primary, and Glenn Beck's audience is exactly that - Republican. The campaign needs to get Ron Paul on there ASAP!

bolidew
11-30-2007, 03:43 PM
HQ need to speak up!

t3soro
11-30-2007, 03:46 PM
call the HQ 703-248-9115 and let them know your opinion.

Girthagain
11-30-2007, 03:56 PM
I wish they would at least tell us why they are avoiding the offer, I think we have a right to know.

They probably just want some guaranteed MSM coverage close to the primaries. He's not passing it up, he's just holding the card. He will play it when he feels it is necessary.

MadOdorMachine
11-30-2007, 04:03 PM
Are you comparing Glenn Beck to world leaders? We can win this election if people would stop worrying about what the official campaign is doing... and going out and becoming delegates. If you haven't started this process yet, pm me. i'll help you.

The amount of useless garbage in our grassroots section is getting very annoying... We have this section to help organize grassroots efforts and share grassroots related stories. This fits neither criteria.

I'll say it again. If Ron Paul is scared to talk to Glenn Beck, how do you think he will respond to world leaders, particularly ones that dislike us? It's one of my biggest concerns about Ron Paul. As far as becoming a delegate goes, yes, I'm on the list, but I have to be elected and that won't happen until June.

As far as useless garbage, this is probably one of the most useful things that has happened since Ron Paul announced he was running. It's crunch time and he needs as much expsure as possible.

shill
Ron Paul said himself that dissent is good and healthy. Don't be such a blind follower as you don't question the validity of our elected (or petentially elected) officials actions. That's why the republican party and our country is in the situation it's in right now.

torchbearer
11-30-2007, 04:15 PM
I'll say it again. If Ron Paul is scared to talk to Glenn Beck, how do you think he will respond to world leaders, particularly ones that dislike us? It's one of my biggest concerns about Ron Paul. As far as becoming a delegate goes, yes, I'm on the list, but I have to be elected and that won't happen until June.

As far as useless garbage, this is probably one of the most useful things that has happened since Ron Paul announced he was running. It's crunch time and he needs as much expsure as possible.

Ron Paul said himself that dissent is good and healthy. Don't be such a blind follower as you don't question the validity of our elected (or petentially elected) officials actions. That's why the republican party and our country is in the situation it's in right now.

President Paul doesn't have time to mess with B-circuit demagogues. Especially one that hints at his supporters being domestic terrorist.

I'm looking for some people who are serious about getting stuff done on the ground... by us... the GRASSROOTS... in the GRASSROOTS THREAD.
I am here to help anyone who is interested in actually doing the things we need to do to win this election...
And bitchin about the campaign's choices isn't one of those things...
Also- DON'T CALL THE CAMPAIGN! Treat anyone who tells you to flood the campaign with phone calls over glenn beck with severe suspiscion.

I can help you become a delegate in your state. Your vote will count for many... we can win with delegates. DELEGATES. not Glenn Beck.

Delain
11-30-2007, 04:19 PM
I'll say it again. If Ron Paul is scared to talk to Glenn Beck

Hi "Nick Farr"

I think you have to come up with something more realistic than RP being scared of Beck. Really.

Ron LOL
11-30-2007, 04:28 PM
President Paul doesn't have time to mess with B-circuit demagogues. Especially one that hints at his supporters being domestic terrorist.

Glenn Beck claims to have the third largest audience in radio. I have little difficulty believing him.

I don't understand the resistance to this. This is a HUGE chance to give Dr. Paul a proper introduction to the neo-con base. Right now, they only know him as a "cut and runner." Like it or not, we need Glenn Beck's audience if we're going to win.

torchbearer
11-30-2007, 04:30 PM

I'm looking for some people who are serious about getting stuff done on the ground... by us... the GRASSROOTS... in the GRASSROOTS THREAD.
I am here to help anyone who is interested in actually doing the things we need to do to win this election...
And bitchin about the campaign's choices isn't one of those things...
Also- DON'T CALL THE CAMPAIGN! Treat anyone who tells you to flood the campaign with phone calls over glenn beck with severe suspiscion.

I can help you become a delegate in your state. Your vote will count for many... we can win with delegates. DELEGATES. not Glenn Beck.

repeating for emphasis.

New people- there are people on this board who are posers. a.k.a. trolls. think about it.
Someone tells your to organize with your meet-up is a good guy.
Someone who is telling you to hate on the campaign... is a troll. For me its easy to see...

Ron LOL
11-30-2007, 04:32 PM
repeating for emphasis.

New people- there are people on this board who are posers. a.k.a. trolls. think about it.
Someone who is telling you to hate on the campaign... is a troll. For me its easy to see...

I'm canvassing with my meetup this evening, thanks.

But I feel very strongly that the campaign has dropped the ball by not immediately putting Dr. Paul on any big program that asks for him.

Edit: I should point out that it's because I'm going canvassing with my meetup group this evening that I'm so upset with the campaign. I'm getting pretty sick of most people not knowing who he is...introducing him, while I'll still gladly do it, is time that could be better spent highlighting an issue or two.

michaelwise
11-30-2007, 05:11 PM

Under these conditions Ron will agree to to appear on his show.I don,t see why a few concessions by Beck can't be met.

Indy Vidual
11-30-2007, 05:20 PM

We have a winner! :)

NewEnd
11-30-2007, 05:38 PM
the angrier Beck gets, teh more raving mad he looks, the more his word means nothing.

Ignore him. Thats what we should be doing to loudmouth demagogues anyways. Ignore them, they'll get loud, and start saying what they really think, and eventually slip up bad enough to b ecancelled.

Matthew Zak
11-30-2007, 05:39 PM
They should get on that show before the primary. Period. Anything less is complacent. Please help me understand why they wouldn't jump at this. It's eating away at me.

torchbearer
11-30-2007, 05:50 PM
They should get on that show before the primary. Period. Anything less is complacent. Please help me understand why they wouldn't jump at this. It's eating away at me.

Operant Conditioning. Don't reward bad behavior. Reward good behavior.
If that doesn't do it for you...
Glenn Beck is a demagogue, and if you believe he is sincere about really wanting to "understand" Dr. Paul, you are fooling yourself. He doesn't even include Ron Paul on his online polls.
He called you a terrorist and hater of america. We called his sponsors... now he wants to interview Ron Paul, do you think Beck is being nice? perhaps retribution?
Collection of sound bytes to take out of context for some more of his demagoguery during the early primaries?
Need more reasons?

NewEnd
11-30-2007, 05:52 PM

Because Glenn Beck is a moron, a hateful little man that cheered to see "america hater's" houses go up in flames.

Lord Xar
11-30-2007, 05:57 PM
repeating for emphasis.

Well, I think your post is correct in that we need boots on the ground AND we need delegates. BUT, to blow off Glen Beck because we need these other things doesn't make sense. This is not a 'choose this or that' - plus, boots on the ground and delegates is OUR jobs, getting out there and promoting for himself - is his job.

I hear what you are saying, but to me, it is not sound advice. Reaching millions of poeple for an hour with a great message is a tremendous opportunity that actually could promote your other two points - ground troops and delegates.

Hating on the campaign is one thing, but offering criticism in a positive manner is another. I am not suggesting you think I am a troll, but one needs to see the absolute 'ignorance' of not doing this. NOW, I do concede that "there might be reason" - that none of us know about. I will understand that. But barring that, to not go on the third largest show is goofy, to me.

Besides Glen's behaviour, what other reason is there to NOT go on the show? I might be missing something..

Lets examine

Pro's
1. New Message to listeners
2. Reaching Millions of targeted voters

Cons
1. Possible interview hijack

show me what I am missing..

NewEnd
11-30-2007, 06:02 PM
Well, I think your post is correct in that we need boots on the ground AND we need delegates. BUT, to blow off Glen Beck because we need these other things doesn't make sense. This is not a 'choose this or that' - plus, boots on the ground and delegates is OUR jobs, getting out there and promoting for himself - is his job.

I hear what you are saying, but to me, it is not sound advice. Reaching millions of poeple for an hour with a great message is a tremendous opportunity that actually could promote your other two points - ground troops and delegates.

Hating on the campaign is one thing, but offering criticism in a positive manner is another. I am not suggesting you think I am a troll, but one needs to see the absolute 'ignorance' of not doing this. NOW, I do concede that "there might be reason" - that none of us know about. I will understand that. But barring that, to not go on the third largest show is goofy, to me.

Besides Glen's behaviour, what other reason is there to NOT go on the show? I might be missing something..

Lets examine

Pro's

Cons

con

guaranteed interview hijack

Why the fuck would anyone trust Glenn Beck? He is an asshole, period.

Lord Xar
11-30-2007, 06:06 PM
con

there is that possibility, of course.

I am on the fence about it. Sometimes I think he should, other times no..
just don't know.

winston_blade
11-30-2007, 06:11 PM
con

If anyone has watched Glenn Beck before last week, you would know that he is a softball in one-on-one interviews.

Adamsa
11-30-2007, 06:12 PM
HQ should just say yes or no right now, instead of potentially wasting it if they need it.

ClayTrainor
11-30-2007, 06:19 PM
if there is a hijack, it will be obvious, and our grassroots will expose it.

Seriously, this Grass roots supporting ron paul, is stronger than the msm.... people listen to other people more than they do to the tv set, so get off your asses and talk about Ron Paul non-stop, no matter where you are.

Ron Paul should do the interview, no ands ifs or buts, it's a win-win situation... the only risk is not converting a few neo-cons, who cant be converted anyways.

seriously, the media bashing has always worked in our favor... i literally cant see a reason not to go on beck's show!!!

tonyr1988
11-30-2007, 06:22 PM
If anyone has watched Glenn Beck before last week, you would know that he is a softball in one-on-one interviews.

Yeah, he's more lenient towards his guests than Tucker is. I have no doubt that it would be great publicity for Paul, and I would really love to see him take advantage of it.

derekjohnson
11-30-2007, 06:28 PM
Don't worry about Beck....he will end up on the show soon. More importantly, he is going on the view next Tuesday. He will reach a lot more viewers on the view than he can on Beck.

Richandler
11-30-2007, 06:32 PM
Ron Paul is on a campaign, not a book tour. Going on the lowest rated MSM show for 1-hour will sway maybe 4 voters in the nation. It's useless. Ron needs to be on the ground giving speech, and touring states we plan on winning.

RlxdN10sity
11-30-2007, 06:33 PM
I think he should go on, but I am no expert. It seems to me that it would be difficult to bash someone for an entire hour if they are allowed to respond. The thing that I see happening though is something like this:
Beck: So why is it good for America that we legalize heroin and prostitution?
Beck: Why should we leave the Iraqi people that have sacrificed so much based on the word of the American people, to just be slaughtered and tortured by Alqieda?
Beck: More of the same type questions for the entire interview.

One thing is for sure. I have the utmost confidence that Dr. Paul will make the best decision to continue to move toward victory.

Taco John
11-30-2007, 06:34 PM
Man, Beck is playing our base like a fiddle... You guys need to have more faith in Dr. Paul's judgement...

Henry
11-30-2007, 06:40 PM
Man, Beck is playing our base like a fiddle... You guys need to have more faith in Dr. Paul's judgement...

I agree with you on Dr. Paul, it's the staff that I have no faith in!!:mad:

torchbearer
11-30-2007, 06:43 PM

Amen.

But of course, the trolls would rather you keep hating on the campaign.

bolidew
11-30-2007, 07:09 PM

Lets examine

Pro's

Cons

Well said.

torchbearer
11-30-2007, 07:17 PM
Operant Conditioning. Don't reward bad behavior. Reward good behavior.
If that doesn't do it for you...
Glenn Beck is a demagogue, and if you believe he is sincere about really wanting to "understand" Dr. Paul, you are fooling yourself. He doesn't even include Ron Paul on his online polls.
He called you a terrorist and hater of america. We called his sponsors... now he wants to interview Ron Paul, do you think Beck is being nice? perhaps retribution?
Collection of sound bytes to take out of context for some more of his demagoguery during the early primaries?
Need more reasons?

I think lord xar replied before reading the above quote which is a follow up.

MadOdorMachine
11-30-2007, 07:21 PM
Amen.

But of course, the trolls would rather you keep hating on the campaign.

I hope this isn't directed at me. If you think I'm a troll you're sadly mistaken. I've spread the word about Ron Paul to everyone I know and at least a dozen of them plan to vote for him including the primaries. I've also told you I've put in the paperwork to be a delegate, but I have to wait to be elected in June. If you have any suggestions on what I can do to increase my chances of getting elected, please, do the grassroots thing and give me some advice. I'm doing everything I can over here to support Ron Paul. If there is any doubt I'm a Ron Paul supporter, you can look me up at at NeoGAF. (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7333849&postcount=344) I've been posting there for years under the exact same user name. I've got nothing to hide.

If someone thinks I'm a troll for pointing out the fact that it's idiotic for me or anyone else to contribute our hard earned money to a politician (which to be honest was unthinkable for me until RP came along) with the premise that they are to be used for radio and tv ads, and then they pass up the deal of the century, I question their intentions. It goes against the very principles Ron Paul and this campaign stands for when people blindly follow what he does. Is it not the people's job to keep the government in check and not the other way around? If I intend him to be my elected official is it not my responsibilty to point these things out? One should ask themself this question before labeling another.

torchbearer
11-30-2007, 07:24 PM
I hope this isn't directed at me. If you think I'm a troll you're sadly mistaken. I've spread the word about Ron Paul to everyone I know and at least a dozen of them plan to vote for him including the primaries. I've also told you I've put in the paperwork to be a delegate, but I have to wait to be elected in June. If you have any suggestions on what I can do to increase my chances of getting elected, please, do the grassroots thing and give me some advice. I'm doing everything I can over here to support Ron Paul. If there is any doubt I'm a Ron Paul supporter, you can look me up at at NeoGAF. (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7333849&postcount=344) I've been posting there for years under the exact same user name. I've got nothing to hide.

If someone thinks I'm a troll for pointing out the fact that it's idiotic for me or anyone else to contribute our hard earned money to a politician (which to be honest was unthinkable for me until RP came along) with the premise that they are to be used for radio and tv ads, and then they pass up the deal of the century, I question their intentions. It goes against the very principles Ron Paul and this campaign stands for when people blindly follow what he does. Is it not the people's job to keep the government in check and not the other way around? If I intend him to be my elected official is it not my responsibilty to point these things out? One should ask themself this question before labeling another.

No, the trolls know who they are... no need to point them out. If you aren't a troll, the message wasn't about you.

coffeewithchess
11-30-2007, 07:34 PM
No excuses.
None.

This campaign is causing us to not gain ground. Mike Huckabee is on EVERY MEDIA OUTLET possible. Ron Paul's campaign can't return calls to people like Glenn Beck? Now Chris Matthews said tonight he wants Ron Paul on for an hour...I wonder if that will ever happen...maybe in 2009?

LBT
11-30-2007, 07:41 PM
Campaign HQ - NOT GOOD ENOUGH !!!

You need to be transparent and quick to react, regardless of your decisions. Anything else will put off your support base.

You need to have someone who responds regularly to serious issues being discussed by the grassroots activists.

If you cannot do this you are hurting the campaign. This is not 80's style campaigning. Make your campaign organization and decision making more like the fundraising. Transparent and immediate.

This campaign cannot be sacrificed by beltway hacks who doesn't have the guts to make tough decisions and put their reputations on the line everyday. Ron has to put his reputation on the line every day. No more hiding in the shadows. Start responding much much better to the grassroots !!!

RPIdeaMan08
11-30-2007, 07:42 PM
although he wont admit it Paul (is ALMOST) guaranteed to run a third party campaign. he probably feels he should hold off on some TV offers and wait till the general (moron) public is paying more attention.

tnvoter
11-30-2007, 07:48 PM
are you the grassroots of ron paul or the grassroots of glenn beck?

Good question, give the campaign time to plan- they're extremely busy. They'll get to it!

tnvoter
11-30-2007, 07:48 PM
although he wont admit it Paul (is ALMOST) guaranteed to run a third party campaign. he probably feels he should hold off on some TV offers and wait till the general (moron) public is paying more attention.

Oh a troll, (1 post)

cookie denied!

paulgirl
11-30-2007, 07:54 PM
Hello RON PAUL CAMPAIGN???

This may be big news, but there are a whole lot of people in the world who DON'T SPEND THEIR ENTIRE LIVES SURFING THE NET.

How in the world are these people going to hear about Ron Paul? Television and radio programs with some of the largest audiences among conservative Americans would be a pretty good start.

literatim
11-30-2007, 07:57 PM
I called to inform them of my support of him going on there. :)

lastnymleft
12-01-2007, 04:12 AM
I'll put my voice behind the "Do It!" move. To me, it's a no-brainer. It doesn't matter if it's a tough interview, as the idea is not to convert Glenn Beck, but to convert the millions of listeners. If GB starts ranting and raving for 60 minutes, then he'll only look bad in front of his own audience, and someone that will end up being his President. It's an extreme target-rich environment, and Dr Paul cannot but win under these circumstances.

And to those that are suggesting "Leave it up to Dr Paul's judgement", that's all well and good, but the question is: Is this decision even getting through to him??

As for this thread, it seems pretty clear. There are a few naysayers, as will always be the case, but the overwhelming majority seem to be in favor of it happening, and soon. To my mind, it should be done in the day or two leading up to the teaparty. (Dr Paul should be prepped on how best to plug it.) When there is such an overwhelming majority "Demanding" something, then, with Dr Paul as the "Product", it's time for some free-market Supply to start happening.

Adamsa
12-01-2007, 04:43 AM
I WANT it to be a tough interview.

paulitics
12-01-2007, 04:51 AM
Campaign HQ - NOT GOOD ENOUGH !!!

You need to be transparent and quick to react, regardless of your decisions. Anything else will put off your support base.

You need to have someone who responds regularly to serious issues being discussed by the grassroots activists.

If you cannot do this you are hurting the campaign. This is not 80's style campaigning. Make your campaign organization and decision making more like the fundraising. Transparent and immediate.

This campaign cannot be sacrificed by beltway hacks who doesn't have the guts to make tough decisions and put their reputations on the line everyday. Ron has to put his reputation on the line every day. No more hiding in the shadows. Start responding much much better to the grassroots !!!

I agree about the transparency.

LibertyEagle
12-01-2007, 05:01 AM

Oh c'mon. Beck never said that. :rolleyes:

Noleader
12-01-2007, 05:02 AM
For what it is worth I think he should do it. That being said I also think that we need to stop acting like a grassroots movement for Glenn Beck and support our guy. Every decision he makes does not need to be explained in deal to us as it might just end up giving out ammo to the other folks running. If his team told you "We won't go on" the media will spin it to look like Paul is tring to hide something. I am sure he just wants to see what happens in NH before he takes the decides on Becks offer.

Taco John
12-01-2007, 05:20 AM
I remain firmly happy that the campaign is not bending over backwards to aid this demagogue. I would be perfectly happy if they ignored Beck. I don't trust him as far as I can throw him. I believe he's full of disinformation. He talks a good talk, but he's just wrong enough to be dangerous.

Electric Church
12-01-2007, 05:30 AM
RP does not need this piece of rottin stench.

xexkxex
12-01-2007, 05:39 AM
Man...Beck called him out on youtube...it's one of the highest rated political videos on youtube.

I don't see Ron Paul not going...just don't see it. I hope he goes. He needs the free air time.

2 cents

Paulinista4TW
12-01-2007, 06:51 AM
Ron the Stealth candidate ? All the way to the white house? Come on, any one of you could manhandle anything Glen Beck could come up with. So what about the fellow we are trying to get elected president of our country? And now a Chris Mathews offer as well? I think Huckabee has already been on both shows I could be wrong but Lord Almighty , the campaign team are they weak with the force?

sarbruis
12-01-2007, 06:55 AM
2char

Baseline
12-01-2007, 07:22 AM
He should go on. That's just too much to pass up.

bolidew
12-01-2007, 08:09 AM
g
o
o
n
!

me3
12-01-2007, 08:14 AM
That's the least they owe us. They've had since the interview was originally scheduled to find another time to go onto Beck.
Dr. Paul doesn't owe you anything. He's not running as a favor to you.

If the blimp is in the air before an interview with Glenn Beck is scheduled the campaign will feel my wrath.

Don't get between a man and his liberty.
If you know how the campaign should run, why don't you volunteer at HQ?

I think some of you guys are crazy. You'll talk down the campaign and Dr. Paul, because you want him on the Glenn Beck show.

You'd better figure out by Jan. 1 whether you want to vote for Glenn Beck, or vote for Ron Paul. The "Glenn Beck is my hero" routine is getting old.

idiom
12-01-2007, 08:21 AM
If you know how the campaign should run, why don't you volunteer at HQ?

Is that an option? That would be Mint!

noztnac
12-01-2007, 08:24 AM
There need to be lots of stipulations.

No edits. No use of the footage out of context at a later date.

And Glenn Beck should apologize for calling Ron Paul supporters terrorists. And Ron Paul should insist on a closing statement.

noztnac
12-01-2007, 08:26 AM
Remember this too:

Glenn Beck is a college dropout and a former drug addict. Ron Paul does not need this jackasses endorsement or approval. The only reason to go on the show is to get more exposure.

LibertyEagle
12-01-2007, 08:32 AM

That is what I have seen too. He really lets the interviewees talk.

LibertyEagle
12-01-2007, 08:35 AM
Remember this too:

Glenn Beck is a college dropout and a former drug addict. Ron Paul does not need this jackasses endorsement or approval. The only reason to go on the show is to get more exposure.

OH puhleeese! Who cares what he "used to be". He pulled himself together now, didn't he? Yes, he did. That's all that matters. Also, the intention was never to get Beck's approval (although his endorsement would be great), it was to have a wonderful opportunity for NATIONAL EXPOSURE OF PAUL'S MESSAGE.

LSUiLike
12-01-2007, 08:47 AM
I also think it is a great chance to get national exposure for 2 hours. 2 hours doesn't come cheap otherwise.

idiom
12-01-2007, 08:51 AM
Thats 8 times what Andy Warhol could get you.

bolidew
12-01-2007, 08:52 AM
Now whether you want it to happen or to cease, the best way is to TALK to HQ, not each other.

George_Redner
12-03-2007, 12:55 AM
No excuses.
None.

LEW MOORE needs to be fired. period. He seems to piss off the grass roots any chance he gets. I know a lot of long time supporters of the good doctor who have been snubbed, or had their character impugned by this gate keeper. Dr Paul, please look to those closest to you. They may be doing harm in your name, and got to go.

JIM CONDIT would be a great man to run Dr Pauls campaign
http://www.thetruth247.com

Would defend vigourously the potential to have Dr Paul suffer thru VOTE FRAUD.
LEW has got to go.
GR

George_Redner
12-03-2007, 12:59 AM

If this is true, then they definitely should all be fired. It hasnt been playing it close to the vest that has gotten Dr Pauls campaign to ignite the populace. It is being the lone AMERICAN saying what needs to be said. Special interest groups and Globalists be DAMNED. Lew Moore shows that he isnt capable of running a major league campaign. Playing it safe will GUARANTEE A LOSS FOR RON. And do ANY of us want that?
GR

George_Redner
12-03-2007, 01:50 AM

I trust RON PAUL. I DONT trust his Campaign staff, and some of them are beginning to look either INEPT, and not up for the task, or outright agent provocateurs, bent on LOSING this for the good doctor, and the rest of us Americans who are awake.

How dare you call anyone of us questioning the ineptness of the campaign staff as being fairwether people. Some of us have been supporting this man for over 2 decades. When did you get on board newbie?? So STFU and dont assume so much. Dr Paul needs someone who can run a REAL campaign. Dr Paul can take care of himself on any show, wether it is pro or an out right shooting gallery.
Et Tu Brute? Time for MOORE to go...
GR

Godbag
12-03-2007, 02:46 AM
DEAR GOD PEOPLE!!!! CAN WE PLEASE ACT LIKE ADULTS! Glenn Beck is sitting at home right now laughing his fucken head off... how do you think the next 12months will go if we are this divided over an interview with a guy who has called us terrorists... someone said it isnt even live which means it will be heavily edited and after each segment they will spend as much time if not more ridiculing and distorting each of the points Ron makes... maybe thats one of the reasons Ron doesnt want to do it, it isnt live so its much easier to play around with... THIS WILL NOT MAKE OR BREAK THE CAMPAIGN! Like certain members from NH and in other early primary states have said, its people on the ground, knocking on doors, passing out flyers, being face to face that is the most effective way of changing people's minds... the interviews are a bonus, and he isnt exactly lacking in coverage, nor will he be, was just on Situation Room again, will be on the view, offer from hardball... I can understand both sides of this arguement, what i cant understand is why people are argueing so strongly about it... And if Ron feels his campaign staff are not conducting the campaign up to professional standards, he will do something about it.. TRUST HIM LIKE HE TRUSTS YOU!