PDA

View Full Version : --> $10 Million Reached - Now's it's ON TO $12 MILLION - who's with us? <--

Wayne Hammond
11-30-2007, 10:09 AM
Woo-Hoo! We have reached the $10 million mark VERY EARLY in the day today!!!

We MUST build on this early milestone by making our goal of $12 MILLION by midnight tonight, Eastern Time.

We haven't gotten this far in the campaign by being TIMID.

NOW IS THE TIME... TODAY IS THE DAY... WE MUST DO MORE NOW, not later...

For goodness sake, our forefathers RISKED their LIVES, FORTUNES and SACRED HONOR for this country, and here we are with this WONDERFUL OPPORTUNITY to build on this early success.

Whatever you've thought about the www.RudysReadingList.com effort, it's apparent now that the press is giving this coverage, donations are skyrocketing and we can use this initial booster to help propel us to the $12 million.

Reaching our quarterly goal ONE MONTH EARLY will give us an EXCELLENT BOOST, both in the press and for HQ ad money in the early primaries.

Who is with us?

Naraku
11-30-2007, 10:11 AM
LOL! The numbers can't fit, soooooo many digits!

Wayne Hammond
11-30-2007, 10:13 AM

Yeah, we broke HQ's donation counter.

Ya gotta love it. :D

TheNewYorker
11-30-2007, 10:13 AM
I will donate $100 when I get back from school if 10 others match me.

Menthol Patch
11-30-2007, 10:14 AM
I'm in with you!

Lets go all out to reach 12 million by the end of the day!

We will STUN THE ENTIRE WORLD!

If we can reach this goal the media will be talking about it and the Tea Party for the next two weeks!

theswedishchef
11-30-2007, 10:16 AM

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/image.php?u=6853&dateline=1196439274
/cheer

Wayne Hammond
11-30-2007, 10:18 AM

Cool. Well, I might as well put my money where my mouth is. If I spent $200 already today, why not make it $300?!

Okay, 'ya got a deal. :)

Come on folks, who else is going to join us?

$12 MILLION for our man RON PAUL.

BeFranklin
11-30-2007, 10:20 AM

I was predicting it reach 10 million by 10am, so I'm a little off. I was also wondering if the digits would roll off at 10 million, and they are :eek:

10.5 million by 3pm, around 11 million by early evening, and a race till midnight

Wayne Hammond
11-30-2007, 10:21 AM
It's MOVING UP, UP & AWAY!!!

http://ronpaulgraphs.com/nov_30_total.png

Talldude1412
11-30-2007, 10:21 AM
bwahaha, we have over-filled the counter!

Menthol Patch
11-30-2007, 10:22 AM
Cool. Well, I might as well put my money where my mouth is. If I spent $200 already today, why not make it $300?!

Okay, 'ya got a deal. :)

Come on folks, who else is going to join us?

$12 MILLION for our man RON PAUL.

Anyone willing to make an additional donation?

awitelin
11-30-2007, 10:23 AM
I'm so excited to see the counter over 10 Million! That is a great way to wake up and start my day! :D

tmg19103
11-30-2007, 10:26 AM
Let's DO IT. The press is all over this. We have to hit $12 million.

Donate again, call friends and family - whatever it takes!

troyd1
11-30-2007, 10:26 AM
The couter can't hold all the digits!

NerveShocker
11-30-2007, 10:29 AM
We are doing great today. We have much more than Huckabee but his campaign has obviously planned for this as they are getting good money as well. We fortunately had a great start at 12:00-right now while he was raising no money until just recently. http://ronpaulgraphs.com/rp_vs_huck_today.html

This shows we're dominating them but if we slow up that we won't dominating for long. Keep up the good work donate if at all possible. ;) www.Ronpaul2008.com

RonPaulJunkie
11-30-2007, 10:31 AM
just donated another $100

feels good to be part of the revolution :)

Wayne Hammond
11-30-2007, 10:34 AM
just donated another $100

feels good to be part of the revolution :)

YES! No reason we can't continue this exponential growth and HIT $12 million.

The naysaying statisticians on the forum are only accounting for linear growth...

But, this is now moving into EXPONENTIAL growth.

$12 million, let's do it.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
11-30-2007, 10:36 AM
I've been working on my mom for a few months now. It's hard to change her mind (very set in her ways). I told her that Ron Paul would definitly break 10million today and probably reach 12 million. Even she enthusiasically said "wow".

I have no doubts that what we are doing on this forum, on street corners, at debate halls, and all over America will resonate throughout the world. A global movement towards a diverse society of free people is coming!

Wayne Hammond
11-30-2007, 10:41 AM
I've been working on my mom for a few months now. It's hard to change her mind (very set in her ways). I told her that Ron Paul would definitly break 10million today and probably reach 12 million. Even she enthusiasically said "wow".

Well, there you go folks, it's the "WOW" factor. That's what we're after today.

Many people I talk to who like Ron Paul, but are afraid of voting for him give me the excuse of "well, I'd vote for him if I thought he had a chance of winning". If we hit this goal today, I have a feeling a lot of moms (just like Liberty's mom) will be giving our candidate a second, more serious look.

$12 million - ONE MONTH EARLY?!? WOW. :eek:

sgrooms
11-30-2007, 10:42 AM

giving $200 at the moment

sgrooms
11-30-2007, 10:42 AM
does that make me count as two of the ten people needed?

Wayne Hammond
11-30-2007, 10:45 AM
does that make me count as two of the ten people needed?

Why not? Sounds good to me! :) Feel free to donate another $200, so you can count as 4 people. :D

maggiebott
11-30-2007, 10:48 AM
I passed my limit months ago but will put another $1000 today under my mother's name.

Can I get ten more of you to do the same? :)

VRP08
11-30-2007, 10:51 AM
yes!!! That Is Beautiful!!!!!

rpfreedom08
11-30-2007, 10:52 AM
damnit guys, I was trying to hold out donating the rest of the money I'm alowed by law for the december 16th money bomb but now you guys are making me want to donate today, grrrrr :D

Mithridates
11-30-2007, 10:58 AM
damnit guys, I was trying to hold out donating the rest of the money I'm alowed by law for the december 16th money bomb but now you guys are making me want to donate today, grrrrr :D

If you have enough to donate on the 16th as well, couldn't you donate today and then donate through somebody else's name on the 16th?

Wayne Hammond
11-30-2007, 11:03 AM
For those who missed Trevor's post, HE BELIEVES we can DO IT today (Hit $12 million) - see his post below...

The press is already reporting on this. WE MUST DO IT.

EXPONENTIAL DONATION GROWTH.

Email all your friends, get on the phone... let them be a part of this record-breaking day!

The truth is we have an incredible opportunity to get major press for Ron Paul today. Anyone who tells you any differently is 100% wrong.

http://www.miamiherald.com/campaign08/story/326421.html

disclaimer: I do apologize that they give me the credit. This is not how I speak about things with them. This is a group effort and my part was and has been small in all of this. If I ever get chance to get them to tell it like it is I'll make sure people know that. For some reason they like to pin it all on one person. It's a shame but bottom line is it gets Ron Paul in the news.. so it is what it is.

Additionally I’ve been in touch with ABCNews, CBSNews, Politico, Newsweek, LATimes, Chicago Tribune, Houston Chronical, MTVNews, VH1News and more. I've been promoting both drives. I tell them we want to break $12 million today and then have a huge day for the Tea Party.

They are watching and because they are we have a great opportunity to keep Ron Paul in the news all month long. If we don't do well today they will try to play Paul as a "one-hit wonder". Don't let that happen!

and don't believe ANYONE on these boards who says we aren't going to get major news for this. You can already see they don't know what they are talking about. Don't let them take this opportunity away from you!

We're also in USA Today.. and the drive has just barely started!!

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2007-11-29-ron-paul_N.htm

rpfreedom08
11-30-2007, 11:04 AM
yeah that's true, I'll just get my wife to donate :) off to donate the last 100 bucks.

If you have enough to donate on the 16th as well, couldn't you donate today and then donate through somebody else's name on the 16th?

Wayne Hammond
11-30-2007, 11:08 AM
Look at that upward movement...

sgrooms
11-30-2007, 11:09 AM
Why not? Sounds good to me! :) Feel free to donate another $200, so you can count as 4 people. :D

just gave another $100. only can donate $450 more to the campaign, so i think i'm going to save that for the 16th.

sgrooms
11-30-2007, 11:11 AM
Look at that upward movement...

looks like the graph is about to go straight up?

Wayne Hammond
11-30-2007, 11:18 AM
For those who think we won't get much press coverage if we hit the $12 million mark, please re-read Trevor's post, where he said:

and don't believe ANYONE on these boards who says we aren't going to get major news for this. You can already see they don't know what they are talking about. Don't let them take this opportunity away from you!

If you do a Google news search for "Ron Paul" (http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&q=ron+paul&btnG=Search+News), you'll see the article about RudysReadingList.com is at the top today.

For better or worse, the press is not ignoring this day.

I suggest we make it happen and go all the way!

sgrooms
11-30-2007, 11:25 AM
For those who think we won't get much press coverage if we hit the $12 million mark, please re-read Trevor's post, where he said:

If you do a Google news search for "Ron Paul" (http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&q=ron+paul&btnG=Search+News), you'll see the article about RudysReadingList.com is at the top today.

I'm trying to convince some people on facebook that today can be huge, but theyre not being very receptive.

Eleanor
11-30-2007, 11:29 AM
Something for those holding out for the Tea Party to think about:

Who on Sept. 10th 2001 thought anything but business as usual would be in operation a week later? We don't know what will happen between now and December 16th. God forbid another Sept. 11th type event, but if some major (or minor, mega-hyped) event happened a day or two before - or ON - December 16th, the Tea Party would probably pass virtually unnoticed.

TODAY we have the media's attention. THIS is the day to have a huge fund-raiser.

Especially with the USA Today article and Trevor's appearances this week, their eyes are on us and a major failure to reach the $12 million goal WOULD be noticed and WOULD be trumpeted about.

Things were different on November 5th. The public at large and the media did not know about Nov. 5th (or much about Ron Paul) ahead of time. So that event captured their attention.

Let's keep going toward reaching $12 million a month early!

BeFranklin
11-30-2007, 11:30 AM

You know, he might send out an email to his list...

Eleanor
11-30-2007, 11:32 AM
I'm trying to convince some people on facebook that today can be huge, but theyre not being very receptive.

That's a real drag. :( I hope they'll think about what you say and change their minds.

Wayne Hammond
11-30-2007, 11:34 AM
I'm trying to convince some people on facebook that today can be huge,

Keep at it, SG. Nothing worthwhile is easy. If we can build this momentum throughout the day, we stand a good chance of hitting the $12 million goal.

The press is already reporting on this effort; we're in the spotlight now.

I have a feeling that once we hit that $11 million mark this evening, people will come to the realization that our $12 million goal is achievable, and pump in a whole lot more cash today.

It's all about EXPONENTIAL growth, and enough of us keeping the momentum going... people will be coming home from work tonight and we'll see an upsurge at that point, especially if we close in on $11 million early today.

Eleanor
11-30-2007, 11:42 AM
Keep at it, SG. Nothing worthwhile is easy. If we can build this momentum throughout the day, we stand a good chance of hitting the $12 million goal.

It's all about EXPONENTIAL growth, and enough of us keeping the momentum going... people will be coming home from work tonight and we'll see an upsurge at that point, especially if we close in on $11 million early today.

I agree. However, we are a loooong way from $11 mil at this point - the counter as of 12:40 PM Eastern is $10,045,947.

Wayne Hammond
11-30-2007, 11:55 AM
I agree. However, we are a loooong way from $11 mil at this point - the counter as of 12:40 PM Eastern is $10,045,947.

Well, if by later this afternoon, it looks like we can't make the $12 million mark, we should certainly try for $11 million today... that would mean that we raised over $1 million in one day, with little more than a week's worth of promotion effort.

The whole point of this is to infuse HQ with enough cash NOW, in order to positively affect the early primary states. A very worthy goal, indeed.

So I say, regardless of where we end up today, we should continue to give, continue to promote and give HQ as much money as we can.

The Tea Party efforts on Dec. 16 will do much for publicity, but funds raised on that day will not be in time to help with TV & radio time for the early primaries.

Our dollars today will affect the early primaries.

RudysReadingList is still going strong...

kotetu
11-30-2007, 12:06 PM
I donated $200 at 1am, and $500 for my wife a few minutes ago.

We are on board. :D

Eleanor
11-30-2007, 12:09 PM
The whole point of this is to infuse HQ with enough cash NOW, in order to positively affect the early primary states. A very worthy goal, indeed.

So I say, regardless of where we end up today, we should continue to give, continue to promote and give HQ as much money as we can.

The Tea Party efforts on Dec. 16 will do much for publicity, but funds raised on that day will not be in time to help with TV & radio time for the early primaries.

Agreed. Thank you so much for all your efforts "pushing it."

ChrisV
11-30-2007, 12:13 PM
Well, I guess I'm in for another $100. Going to donate now.

EDIT: Make that $150

kotetu
11-30-2007, 12:25 PM
fantastic!

And when you've donated, write some letters!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=40590

I've got names! :D $12 million and Iowa! Let's do it!

Menthol Patch
11-30-2007, 12:26 PM
Lets push all the way up to 12 million dollars!

Menthol Patch
11-30-2007, 12:31 PM
Lets go all out to reach 12 million! We can do this!

Original_Intent
11-30-2007, 12:46 PM
Well, if by later this afternoon, it looks like we can't make the $12 million mark, we should certainly try for $11 million today... that would mean that we raised over $1 million in one day, with little more than a week's worth of promotion effort.

See I thought what we had all agreed upon was that regardless of how today went that we would all get behind the TeaParty Starting tomorrow,

But now already one of the noobs on the forum is getting people worked up on continually giving what you can each day rather than saving up for the bomb.

Clueless.

If today is a media failure don't blame non-participants who are waiting for the 16th (I am not one of them as I will be giving during the "bomb within a bomb" this evening) if we get bad media coverage due to a half assed bomb today blame all the forum noobs and Bydlak.

I personally hope that we can get today to the point it is not a failure, but seriously, God help this campaign if we fail today AND fail on December 16th due to people who focus on tactics and ignore strategy.

Hopefully the bomb within a bomb this evening will raise $1 million in an hour to give the media some POSITIVE news to report on today.

Menthol Patch
11-30-2007, 12:54 PM
We are going to raise 12 million dollars today and the media attention will help the Tea Party be even MORE successful!

Menthol Patch
11-30-2007, 12:56 PM
The Tea Party is going to happen! Nothing is going to stop it from happening! However, we are going to reach 12 million dollars to day and that will give the Tea Party a huge boost!

maeqFREEDOMfree
11-30-2007, 12:57 PM
Every time i see it i think of each and every individual who has helped make this number grow so high! It makes me feel so good when i can tell people that this money is raised by regular Joes like you and me and not by illagetament sources. To me this shows extraordinary evidence supporting the notion that while the media may not be behind the freedom movement, the masses are.

I smell R3VOLution

maggiebott
11-30-2007, 12:58 PM
I already have donations lined up from family for the 16th. I see no reason why today will fail and it comes on the coat tails of that rediculous debate.

We all got the same letter from headquarters about donating now due to the expenses for advertizing. Jump on the bandwagon and see this as a positive leap.

Menthol Patch
11-30-2007, 01:03 PM
I already have donations lined up from family for the 16th. I see no reason why today will fail and it comes on the coat tails of that rediculous debate.

We all got the same letter from headquarters about donating now due to the expenses for advertizing. Jump on the bandwagon and see this as a positive leap.

I totally agree!

Everything about today's money bomb is positive!

It's going to give Ron Paul the money he needs to win the early primaries.

It's going to give the Tea Party a HUGE boost of publicity.

It's going to gain us more supporters because we will prove Ron Paul can win!

Menthol Patch
11-30-2007, 01:13 PM
Anyone willing to make a donation on this thread?

Wayne Hammond
11-30-2007, 01:31 PM
See I thought what we had all agreed upon was that regardless of how today went that we would all get behind the TeaParty Starting tomorrow,

But now already one of the noobs on the forum is getting people worked up on continually giving what you can each day rather than saving up for the bomb..

If today is a media failure don't blame non-participants who are waiting for the 16th (I am not one of them as I will be giving during the "bomb within a bomb" this evening) if we get bad media coverage due to a half assed bomb today blame all the forum noobs and Bydlak.

I would agree that once today is over, (for those who have donated as much as they can today), they would be wise to save up for Dec. 16th, starting this Saturday, December 1st.

However, if we can infuse Headquarters with $1-2 million in cash today, that will be more than enough to tie them over for 16 more days, and will give them a solid bankroll to pay for TV & Radio ads that will affect the early primaries.

Nothing can stop the Tea Party, period. People generally have more money than they say, or realize. For most, it's simply a matter of priorities and how they want to spend their disposable income during the next couple of weeks; most of the time, if folks sit down and figure out how to give both today and Dec. 16th, there is usually a way for them to do that. They might have to go out to eat less, spend less for Christmas presents, or quit drinking that daily $3 Starbucks cup-a-joe. There is always ways to get more money, if you take time to think about it and take real efforts to reach a goal.

Give people a small goal and that's what you'll reach - a small goal. Give people a larger, more exciting vision and goal... one that can actually help to change history, well, that will bring exponential growth and we stand a good chance of hitting that larger goal, and making history.

Nobody is going to "blame" anyone here. We're all on the same team, and who in their right mind would criticize someone who gives to the campaign, whether it's today, next week, or for the Tea Party? A lot of today's donations are probably coming from new donors. We don't want to squash their enthusiasm - heck, we need to encourage them and join them, not fight them.

I say, KEEP THE MOMENTUM going.

DONATE TODAY at www.RonPaul2008.com/donate

And now, for your viewing pleasure, direct from RonPaulGraphs:

Menthol Patch
11-30-2007, 01:36 PM
We are going up, up, up!

We need to all call everyone we know and ask them to donate!

iloveronpaul
11-30-2007, 01:38 PM
I will be droping $175 soon. We can do this!

Menthol Patch
11-30-2007, 01:41 PM
I will be droping $175 soon. We can do this!

That is fantastic! Thank you for being willing to donate today!

I'm confident that we will reach 12 million dollars!

Is anyone willing to match or exceed his donation?

robert4rp08
11-30-2007, 01:42 PM
wewt

Thank you very much for your donation of $111.11 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

Thanks for being a part of the campaign!

Your confirmation number:
145195-8W690436HG298593A

Menthol Patch
11-30-2007, 01:53 PM
wewt

Thank you very much for your donation of $111.11 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

Thanks for being a part of the campaign!

Your confirmation number:
145195-8W690436HG298593A

Thank you for donating! That is fantastic!

Is anyone willing to make another donation to help us reach 12 million dollars and prove to the world that RON PAUL CAN WIN!?

Wayne Hammond
11-30-2007, 02:05 PM
Just flew past $300,000 for today... :D :D :D :D :D

Can you say, "CHA-CHING"!!?!! :)

Menthol Patch
11-30-2007, 02:14 PM
Just flew past $300,000 for today... :D :D :D :D :D

Can you say, "CHA-CHING"!!?!! :)

Yep, and it's only 3PM!

Things are going to get AMAZING tonight when everyone is off from work!

Lets all keep the momentum going so when everyone starts getting off from work they will want to join in!

robert4rp08
11-30-2007, 02:14 PM
Just charge it!. Use the bankers to fight the bankers! haha

Menthol Patch
11-30-2007, 02:18 PM
Lets shock Rudy by raising 12 million dollars by tonight!

Can you imagine the look on his face? I can!

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/quorum/Mr_Meaner/monkey_shocked2.jpg

Rex
11-30-2007, 02:20 PM
Threw in 25

Naraku
11-30-2007, 02:20 PM
Maybe we can get $10.5 million before 7 P.M. and get a blowout after that!

kylejack
11-30-2007, 02:21 PM
CNN story about us passing the Q3 for the frontrunners!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T-xMb_00fI

Menthol Patch
11-30-2007, 02:23 PM
CNN story about us passing the Q3 for the frontrunners!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T-xMb_00fI

That is not the correct link. That takes you to a video of the "Don't taze me bro" guy.

kylejack
11-30-2007, 02:24 PM
Oh. Well then I guess I was Taze-Rolling you. Or maybe Hammer-Rolling. Which sounds better?

Menthol Patch
11-30-2007, 02:25 PM
Maybe we can get $10.5 million before 7 P.M. and get a blowout after that!

This fundraising effort is going to start accelerating!

However, it's our job to tell the world about today's money bomb!

Have we all sent out an alert to all of our myspace friends?

Have we all sent out an email to our friends, relatives, and associates?

Have we all alerted our meetup groups?

Lets go all out and make sure that we reach 12 million dollars by tonight! By doing so we will prove...

RON PAUL CAN WIN!

Wayne Hammond
11-30-2007, 04:14 PM
Chart is lookin' GOOD....

And now with the article on the front page of USA Today, and the article on the front page of DIGG (for the one-hour bomb tonight), we are making EXPONENTIAL progress.... keep your eyes glued to this chart tonight!

Just wait until folks starting getting home from work! WOO-HOO!!! :D :D :D

Menthol Patch
11-30-2007, 05:04 PM
We have SIX HOURS REMAINING!

Lets all REDOUBLE our efforts and dig deep!

Lets go all out and reach 12 million dollars!

Menthol Patch
11-30-2007, 05:13 PM
The next goal before hitting 12 million is to raise one million dollars between 7PM and 8PM! We all need to unite together and make this happen!

Wayne Hammond
11-30-2007, 05:16 PM
The next goal before hitting 12 million is to raise one million dollars between 7PM and 8PM! We all need to unite together and make this happen!

Yep... thanks Menthol. This one-hour goal has already reached the front page of Digg.com:

http://www.digg.com/2008_us_elections/1_million_for_Ron_Paul_from_7_to_8_P_M_EST_Today

Digg it!

Menthol Patch
11-30-2007, 05:54 PM
Lets make fundraising history tonight between the hours of 7PM and 8PM EST by raising ONE MILLION DOLLARS in one hour!

This goal is on the front page of DIGG and the reputation of the REVOLUTION is riding on this hour being SUCCESSFUL!

hxxp://digg.com/2008_us_elections/1_million_for_Ron_Paul_from_7_to_8_P_M_EST_Today

I urge all of you to please make an ADDITIONAL special donation during this one hour period! If we UNITE TOGETHER and make this happen we will be even CLOSER to reaching 12 MILLION DOLLARS (a month ahead of schedule), will make huge waves in the political arena, and will MAKE POLITICAL HISTORY!

From the deepest part of my heart I plead with each of you to think of a reason why you can dig deep, sacrifice, and make this donation extra-significant! If this was a battle for anything less than FREEDOM and LIBERTY such sacrifices should not be requested. However, this is a battle for the future of ourselves, our families, our loved ones, and our nation!

I dare say without reservation that this once in a lifetime REVOLUTION is worth sacrificing for!

Please participate in this one hour donation period between 7PM and 8PM.

Remember, every dollar donated is another voice confirming loudly...

RON PAUL CAN WIN!

Thank you!

Menthol Patch
11-30-2007, 06:03 PM
The donations for the one hour money bomb begin NOW!