PDA

View Full Version : Rep. Louie Gohmert: Tea Party was ‘An Answer to my Prayers’

compromise
03-02-2014, 11:10 AM
http://www.tpnn.com/2014/02/28/rep-louie-gohmert-tea-party-was-an-answer-to-my-prayers/
Texas Congressman Louie Gohmert has never been shy about telling people what he thinks. The bold Congressman has witnesses too many examples of weak-willed politicians caving to President Obama and his fellow Democrats and Rep. Gohmert, a true representative of the people, has no problem citing the grassroots Tea Party Movement as an agent of the change that has been needed in Washington.

Americans are celebrating the fifth anniversary of the Tea Party Movement. It’s creation was a political phenomenon not entirely understood as it swept through the nation. Instead of a centralized effort by a person or group of people, grassroots groups sprouted up all over the country, each shouting so that government could hear them that they had had enough of big-government, enough of no accountability in Washington and enough of fiscal recklessness.

It was, quite literally, a change that altered the course of politics in America. Immediately, critics tried to squash the movement, waving it off as insignificant. But five years later, here we are; we’re stronger than ever and when liberals cite those “extremists” in the Republican Party that are gumming up the works of liberal “progress,” they mean the Tea Party.

On Thursday, Rep. Gohmert spoke to a crowd of Tea Party members and celebrated the Tea Party Movement. Gohmert called it, “An answer to [his] prayers.”
Gohmert highlighted the problem with establishment Republican politics. He noted that moderate Senator John McCain got the presidential nomination simply because it was “his turn.”

“As a result,” Gohmert explained, “2008 ended up being a really bad year for Republicans,” he explained. “It ended up being a really great year for the Democrats. Nancy Pelosi got the gavel, Democrats got the White House, Harry Reid kept a grip on leadership in the Senate, and Anthony Weiner got some new friends to text with.”

Gohmert discussed President Obama’s disastrous first term and the radical agenda that guided it and explained,
“In the ashes arose a group who felt they were Taxed Enough Already! Yes! And I was asked by media, over and over, ‘So what do you think of the Tea Party?’ And I would explain, ‘They are an answer to my prayers.’”

Congressman Gohmert is not alone. Rep. Gohmert’s sentiments mirror those of millions of Tea Partiers who waited for sanity to arise in government- for the people to finally speak out against a government that refused to listen.

Our country will likely never be perfect, but with more principled leaders like Louie Gohmert coupled with the millions of grassroots activists, we are slowly turning this country in the right direction.

It’s been a great five years, but it’s only been the beginning.